Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I'm currently approaching 55k coins. Gonna take advantage of Victini and Meowth this weekend and see if I can test the waters that way. I'm anticipating a need of 120-140k coins to eliminate hassle. So, once the weekend passes, I'll see how far I get with just Disruption Delays. If I like my odds, I'll go back to grinding coins, do Victini and Meowth again, and bet it all on the last day. If I don't like my odds... I'll go back to grinding coins and work on S-ranking/capturing the new Pokemon. I really hope there's no Mega Competition next week.

I'm currently approaching 55k coins. Gonna take advantage of Victini and Meowth this weekend and see if I can test the waters that way. I'm anticipating a need of 120-140k coins to eliminate hassle. So, once the weekend passes, I'll see how far I get with just Disruption Delays. If I like my odds, I'll go back to grinding coins, do Victini and Meowth again, and bet it all on the last day. If I don't like my odds... I'll go back to grinding coins and work on S-ranking/capturing the new Pokemon. I really hope there's no Mega Competition next week.
You have more patience than I to go for Level 100 on Giratina. I'm just grinding coins and team members for the really annoying S Ranks. I pretty much NEED C-1 to S Rank Conkeldurr and still no clue what I'll do for Steelix without a better Mega (Lucario does no good for combos).

You have more patience than I to go for Level 100 on Giratina. I'm just grinding coins and team members for the really annoying S Ranks. I pretty much NEED C-1 to S Rank Conkeldurr and still no clue what I'll do for Steelix without a better Mega (Lucario does no good for combos).
My patience is born out of a strong desire to get Mawile to mega evolve in 14 icon removals. Well, that or get Banette to evolve in 19 icons or less. Either way, unless these items become more common, I see a great deal of value in them and I'm willing to grind for it. :p There are currently people seeing how far they can get itemless before items become a necessity (someone is currently in the early 60s with this mentality in mind), and others who are in the early 70s with minimal item use. If I can get my team up to snuff, a week is more than enough time to clear the last 50 levels, since I cleared the first 50 in a day.

Also, I think most people who got frustrated with Steelix went straight for the Complexity -1.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You might want to try Aerodactyl, I've had some success with that (only got A so far, but I've moved on to other things). Aerodactyl doesn't do much against Steelix itself but clearing up rocks is great for combos. Aerodactyl is really useful for a lot of stages that have a lot of rock disruptions.

You might want to try Aerodactyl, I've had some success with that (only got A so far, but I've moved on to other things). Aerodactyl doesn't do much against Steelix itself but clearing up rocks is great for combos. Aerodactyl is really useful for a lot of stages that have a lot of rock disruptions.
The one issue I have with trying Aero against Steelix as opposed to maybe Conk is that the Onix disrupt combos that Aero could clear up in most of the other levels.

My current plan of attack for Steelix (saving him for last and/or another Mega option) is to go all in with items and Mega Lucario. The NVE damage means Aero won't do much even with lots of blocks to clear, and the Disruption Delay should last until the S Rank window expires anyway. If there's any other strategy, I would like to know. Aero did clear Steelix for me the first time, but with literally no moves left. I'm cautious to try using him for the S Rank until I clear out most of the others:

- Mega Aero
- Snorlax
- Steelix
- Conkeldurr
- Tyranitar

And bar Steelix and Snorlax, I have strategies that I know will S Rank all of these once I have the coins to implement them. Snorlax at least slowly grinds the Fighting types used against him. I'm considering perhaps Mega Aero w/out Disruption Delay to eat the blocks.

Alright, sorry to double post, but just got a taste of the new Dialga stage.

BULLSHIT! The entire top row starts off frozen, and there are dummy blocks frozen along the bottom as well so Block Bash can't even be sure to remove them. This stage essentially requires a Mega Start if you want to clear them out in any type of order from the look of things.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
New day.
The blastoisinite competition is back in a turn based form. Also Dialga arrives, I will try to beat him shortly and report back on whatever crazy stuff it throws at me.

Edit: Alright Dialga is pretty hard, will probably have to buy a couple of mega starts to try to beat it. It's really infuriating how bad Lucario is at making combos >.<

Edit2: Stupid Lucario I fail even with mega start :(

Last edited:
Mega Lucario is preventing any combos of course, but it removes some blocks ....
I don't think it's possible to win without Mega Start + Lucario, there is too much disruption for this ...

Dialga can be done without Mega Start. Several people have done it itemless and my best attempt left me with about 5% health remaining. I honestly think Disruption Delay will get more mileage here if you do go the item route.

Make sure you only do single matches during the first five turns. ANY combos will generate a disruption from Dialga. Remember; blocks disappear on their own after 5 turns.

Dialga is EVIL, but highly needed as we've had suck for steel type pokemon with a decent power level, which makes beating fairy pokemon really hard to do.
The level is stupidly hard to the point where I want to take a poll of the people here to vote on whether or not dialga is the new regirock.

Nope, far easier. I've caught Dialga with mega start + disruption delay.
Regirock was just pain evil until the trick of 3 Pokemon was discovered (I caught him before and never tried again :D)

So apart from Lucario, What Mega would you recommend for Dialga?
Mega Deus Ex Machina, it removes all disruptions, hits everything for neutral damage, and mega evolves in 3 turns.
Seriously though, I've tried everything, mega aerodactyl, didn't work as by the time I mega evolved it, there was no starting formation lock, and the disruptions aren't constant enough to warrant the ability.
Mega lucario doesn't evolves soon enough and you can never get it to line up right with the disruptions, this is as bad as regirock.

Every Mega who can destroy lines Lucario can do the job ... Lucario just do it better (high base damage + effective)

And when you desperate, there is always MegaGar who acts like a Complexity-1

Dialga can be done without Mega Start. Several people have done it itemless and my best attempt left me with about 5% health remaining. I honestly think Disruption Delay will get more mileage here if you do go the item route.
Just managed it itemless, which doesn't exactly seem like the kind of thing that can be done with any degree of consistency.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just cashed in a DD + Mega Start + Atk Up + Great Ball and caught it with a super catch. Never going to try it again, but Dialga itself is a very nice addition to the team.

Did manage to catch Dialga, and this thing is going to help IMMENSELY since most of my missing S Ranks are rock types right now.

Next step is coin and level grinding so I can have an all out item round for Mega Blastoise.

Yeah, back to farming Meowth and get some S-stages to catch the new Ex Stages.

I thought I would be tired of Pokemon Shuffle (vs. Pokemon Rumble), but I totally stopped playing the latter and I always play as much to Pokemon Shuffle!

What the hell are people using to beat dialga? I've tried 20+ times with mega lucario, heatran, groudon and blaziken with no luck wtf?
I recommend Ninetales over Groudon. Block Bash has a chance to remove something along the top to avoid resets, and Quake can't be used consistently anyway. Even then, Dialga takes luck to beat itemless. That said, I recommend bringing enough coins for multiple Great Balls, because you want to get the most out of every victory you manage, especially if you get Super Capture Power.

Also, if Dialga triggers a Dialga icon disruption because of an unintentional combo (before Turn 10, Dialga causes a disruption in response to any combo), try matching the Dialga icons, on the off chance of Block bash+ proccing, and eating up a turn for the ice blocks to vanish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)