Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • A way to set off the timer if your opponent turns it on.
- For all we know, your opponent can be afk.
- Maybe your opponent is calcing.
They'll be able to turn it off and do what they're about to do.
This all applies to you as well.
While, yes, you can just say "brb," it is just easier to press a button and move on.
I think this would be an interesting feature!

• A Message Box
- What if someone is offline and you need to get a message off to them?
- You can't do anything but wait until they get back.
To prevent spam, only 2 messages per IP Address (not username!!) until you respond back.
Of course, you don't want any flooding in your inbox, so you can only get a set number of notifications.
You'll be able to turn off your inbox, if you don't want any.
User will get a notification if the other user has a full inbox.
User will get a notification if the other user is blocking messages.
" /blockinbox " would be the command to turn off your Message Box.
This would be a great feature!

I was looking at teambuilder for a non-standard meta and I realized it's really tedious to scroll through a couple of hundred pokemon to get to the lower parts of the list. Could we maybe put the teambuilder in what are essentially hide tags by tier?

What I mean specifically is that this:

Would have something like a +/- button (depending on if open or not) to show or hide the mons in this tier. This will make teambuilder look much cleaner!

tehy

Banned deucer.
One thing that really pisses me off is when a tier is having a suspect test, since I can't designate my teams as suspect tiers-if RU has been replaced by RU[suspect], my teambuilder will still only let me choose RU as a tier. that can lead to the wrong team being auto-selected and has lost me games in the past. it's not a huge deal, but it shouldn't even be something I have to pay attention to.

the quick fix is just to have RU suspect default to RU teams and so fourth, or you could just make Suspect tiers available as they are implemented. i prefer the first, the second is fine too.

also, i wish the /help all command would come back. You know, the one that just shoves every single slash command on your screen. I know that it's a tool not many wish to use, but i've always found it a very convenient feature to just quickly seek out the slash command I want rather than going through some directory, and looking at it every so often lets you stay updated. I have a feeling that trolls got people to type it in accidentally, thus spamming themselves...but come on, who really cares, you can just scroll up, it's a minor inconvenience. Also, you could solve this problem by making the commands come up in a dialog box instead, or even a PM...whatever floats your boat PS devs just please bring back this kick-ass command.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
i think lobby should have more voices cause some voices or drivers and etc arent doing there job as it is supposed to
Considering the lobby has literally 0 roomvoices, and all the voices you see are global voices, your suggestion would just mean promoting more people to global voice which is an entire different mountain to climb. Not only this, but while it may be true that the staff can be late on mutes and locks in busy times, the voices don't have the power to moderate and are role models, helpers, and positive presences among other things.

Ok - I was told to post here because I can't code for github :)

In chat, users can type CTRL + B for ** ** so you can auto-bold, and CTRL + I for auto-italic. I would like for these commands to work in a PM chat box, where they currently do nothing.

When you use /dt [Pokemon], you should be able to see what rank they are on the viability ranking! Either that or a command specifically for a mon's ranking: /vr [Mon](/viabilityrank [Mon].

When you use /dt [Pokemon], you should be able to see what rank they are on the viability ranking! Either that or a command specifically for a mon's ranking: /vr [Mon](/viabilityrank [Mon].
Viability information for Pokemon isn't stored anywhere on Showdown. There isn't even a real database for it on Smogon, but instead just forum posts which are manually updated by the individual communities. I don't see this suggestion being practical especially considering /tier links to the viability threads anyways.

tehy

Banned deucer.
obviously part of his request is that the info would be stored on PS, though i suppose all the other data you can call up is stuff the server must know to function, still it wouldn't be impossible to do (very difficult though, as that stuff is always shifting; maybe a direct pull would be doable? not a programmer so D:)

the main problem with this suggestion, as much as i love it to death, is that it shoves in the faces of scrubs that they are wrong, which pisses them off. PS auth will never implement a feature which does this. also, it would bring hordes of noobs to the viability ranks with shitty arguments for why their favorite mon should jump a few letter ranks

rip the dream D:

obviously part of his request is that the info would be stored on PS, though i suppose all the other data you can call up is stuff the server must know to function, still it wouldn't be impossible to do (very difficult though, as that stuff is always shifting; maybe a direct pull would be doable? not a programmer so D:)

the main problem with this suggestion, as much as i love it to death, is that it shoves in the faces of scrubs that they are wrong, which pisses them off. PS auth will never implement a feature which does this. also, it would bring hordes of noobs to the viability ranks with shitty arguments for why their favorite mon should jump a few letter ranks

rip the dream D:
I don't know if it's completely unlikely. On one hand what you said is true, but on the other, it would solve a lot of the tier inflation problems tiers have been having (see the Dubs thread in PR where Stratos wants to redo the usage system for Dubs OU). You see these pokemon in teambuilder with their viability next to them, you're gonna (generally) be discouraged to use them if they're C/D/E.

What about CPUs? When I want to check is my team good to some Pokémon, I would create team and battle against it, controlled by CPU. It can be very helpful.

And maybe on replays, you would battle team, that you see on replay like in vs recorder

TheAce22

Banned deucer.
A way to reset all ur ladder ranks. so they culd al go back to 1000. tbh my ranks are low af now and i rather just delete them all so i decided to suggest this. ty for ur time :mad:

Dratias

Drat, it's Dratias!
Has anyone thought of a /check idea? I am constantly seeing questions such as ''What's a good check for Mega Salbeye?'' and other such questions. This could take the data already stored in the Smogon analysis' and merely implant them in so if you were to do a command such as ''/check Mega Sableye'' It would show something such as:

/check mega sableye
Checks: Clefable, Syvleon, Entei, Mega Diancie, Gardevoir, Keldeo.

Has anyone thought of a /check idea? I am constantly seeing questions such as ''What's a good check for Mega Salbeye?'' and other such questions. This could take the data already stored in the Smogon analysis' and merely implant them in so if you were to do a command such as ''/check Mega Sableye'' It would show something such as:

/check mega sableye
Checks: Clefable, Syvleon, Entei, Mega Diancie, Gardevoir, Keldeo.
That's not only pretty subjective, but also subject to change rapidly based on the current state of the meta. If you want that sort of information, the "Checks and Counters" section of the Smogon analysis pages (accessed with /analysis sableye for example) will provide far more information then possible to return with a command. Further, listing specific Pokemon as checks and counters is problematic as you then run into the debate as to whether only generally viable Pokemon should be considered as Checks and Counters.

What about CPUs? When I want to check is my team good to some Pokémon, I would create team and battle against it, controlled by CPU. It can be very helpful.

And maybe on replays, you would battle team, that you see on replay like in vs recorder
Pretty much, you can ask for people to test your team. They can even drop tips to help you improve it. =]

I'm 100% sure this has been asked, but can you please add a function where it lets people rearrange teams? You can move Pokemon, but not teams unless if you switch the team order in the backup but that's annoying.

Thanks!

I feel like the cancel button should be focused on more. If anything,.the Cancel button should be double clicked in order for it to work, or some text in the battle chat appears that says "your opponent has picked his move". Or maybe even a noise/jingle that alarms you that they picked a move (like a Skype message or text message). :)

Edit:

Also, in the team building guide, I think it would be an interesting idea to highlight a Pokemon a color to help you memorize what you're meant to do with it for future reference purposes. For example,. . .as you see in the figure below, I highlighted this poke red, because I'm thinking of removing it from my team because its not putting enough work or something else.

Last edited:
what i ment was that most dont lock messages but i may understand they are busy but i hope you consider or someone to hire more people

I think it's a good idea some kind of a rpgchat engine, that is, don't a rpg online game, but an enginer that builds some thing looking like a pokemon's rpg cities, houses and routes when usuaries can to interate with they avatar like a chat. I belive that with this, some playables from the pokemon's rpg games can be bring from the Showdown, examples: puzzle, route simulation, gym simulation, maze, a little rpg engine...

Can there be a command that shows the amount of mons that hit a number on the bst. So if you were to do !ds 65 def mega alakazam would show up as the result as well as the mons that hit 65 defense. Same thing with speed if you do !ds 100 speed you would get the mons that hit that benchmark. Sorry for the poor wording but I think it makes sense.

Reactions: jay
Can there be a command that shows the amount of mons that hit a number on the bst. So if you were to do !ds 65 def mega alakazam would show up as the result as well as the mons that hit 65 defense. Same thing with speed if you do !ds 100 speed you would get the mons that hit that benchmark. Sorry for the poor wording but I think it makes sense.
You can already do /ds speed = 100 or /ds speed > 100 etc.

Is there a way to possibly shuffle teams around in the teambuilder? Some of my teams are very outdated, and they always pop up first. This isn't really necessary, but just for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)