(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Sorry, got some catching up. I'll hide everything in a spoiler tag since I have another reason for making a post.

Actually, this leads me into something that really annoys me that was done correctly in previous generations:
Not being able to see how many Pokémon there are when I'm switching Pokémon after I get knocked out. Why? Why can't that information be there at all times?
re: keeping track of boosts
I think something like being able to see spikes or screens would make sense to see on the field.
Being you're doing your decision on the bottom screen they should provide what Pokemon is currently out on the field and how many Pokemon your opponent has left on the top screen.

As for informing us what boosts (or debuffs) a Pokemon has gotten, that's a bit more complicated. On one hand it would be nice and honestly there's no reason not to remind everyone what has been done since it was told to you when it happened so its not like what stat was increases/decreased is a secret. But on the other hand remembering the stat changes could be considered a mini-challenge on the trainer's part to make sure they're paying attention throughout the battle.
Also the question of how they'll be displayed come up. Will it be something mentioned next to the Pokemon's name? Could it be something mentioned on the bottom screen somewhere? Maybe they could include a battle log that you can access to see what has been done and what the current situation on the field is?

As for field hazards, maybe they can keep a visible representation of it on the field? Then again that could get a bit crowded so I suppose maybe combine it with the solution for seeing stat changes? The more and more I talk about this I think a battle log probably would be the easiest solution.

I was somewhat annoyed that ORAS didn't have trainer customization, I understand that it was a remake, but maybe a change of hat or hair colour would be cool and would add that little touch to the game that makes it even greater than it already is.
And it makes even less sense since they do redesign the character's clothes. Yes it still looks similar to their Gen III clothes (with a touch of their Emerald) but still you changed them from their original appearance. I mean at the very least maybe give us the additional option to change our character to how they exactly dressed in Ruby & Sapphire and Emerald.

On top of that they gives you only one set Contest clothes. If you're going to take away customization at least give us more options for Contest clothes. Like at least one for every Category like they did for Cosplay Pikachu (yeah, PIKACHU gets more clothes than you). Like maybe I don't want to dress like a rocker for each Contest and maybe a girl doesn't want to look cutesy for everyone of her's. Heck, maybe you could even add a reward of letting us wear parts of our Contest clothes outside of Contests for winning, I mean Lisia gets to do it.

When an opposing Pokemon Traces a switch-in ability (Intimidate), the "ability notification" thing shows Trace turning into Intimidate. Then the ability notification thing disappears, then reappears to activate the ability ("Porygon2's Intimidate!"), which then lowers attack.

Just make it one continuous motion. "Porygon2's Trace" becomes "Porygon2's Intimidate" and it lowers the attack.
Or instead of waiting for the first message to fade have the Intimidate message appear under it like how Abilities that counter other Abilities do it.

*SWISH*
Porygon 2 traced Intimidate.
*SWISH*
Porygon 2's Intimidate lowered opponent's Attack!
*both messages go away*

Well, while we're on really little things that annoy me, I have to admit that I'm disappointed that they didn't include GBA Noise (or whatever it was called in HG/SS and B2/W2) for ORAS.
They freaking removed the clapping from e4 theme that alone was blasphemy.
I don't believe in the dogmatic view of blasphemy, but removing the clapping was just...plain wrong. The music now feels stale and lifeless in comparison to the original. How they managed to achieve this when the Gen 1 and my favorite, Gen 2 remakes had such character in their soundtracks is quite beyond me.

Another person pointed out how they removed the iconic trumpets from the intro of Meteor Falls. I thought the trumpets were over-rated, but now that they're gone, I realize belatedly that the trumpets gave Hoenn it's character, so when they remake the 4th Gen games, I'm hoping they won't remove that jazzy feel that fans feel characterize Gen 4, even if I don't really like jazz, if only so that the remakes have that same character that the originals had.
YEAH! Where was GBA Sound? Heck maybe they could have even tied that in with their being an alternate Hoenn, like Zinnia gives you it to "prove" it exists (being she has provided no proof otherwise) and because your the new Lorekeeper so should have something that lets you "peak" into this alternate Hoenn.

I think we were too heavy on wanting the trumpets, so much so that they removed anything that weren't the trumpets and even when they did remove the trumpets they added them somewhere else. Want to know where the Meteor Falls trumpets went?

One thing that always annoyed me about the plot of Gates to Infinity (assuming we can extend this to the series in general).

Spoilers
Why did the Voice of Life choose a Hydreigon for its physical form? I know it's a powerful Pokemon, but that form is a Pokemon with both a menacing design and (based on the Pokedex) a vicious nature, and Munna clearly takes advantage of that to try and trick the player. If the point was to have a strong avatar, why not Dragonite (to keep the Dragon Motif) or some Fire Type to contrast Kyurem and the Bittercold?
Well maybe it was because one of Bittercold's servants was Munna. It became them most powerful non-Legendary Dark-types so that it could be immune to Munna's Psychic and still have a strong STAB against Kyurem?

Here's something that doesn't really annoy me, just confuses me:
If you use Protect or a Fairy-type, Outrage simply stops and there is no confusion.
If the Outrager flinches, Outrage ends and there is confusion.
Why?
Maybe when the Outrager attacks the Fairy-type/Protect it calms down seeing its attack is having no effect thus no Confusion for over exerting itself. However when it flinched its still in the Outrage mindset and getting tripped up confuses it as its not thinking clearly to begin with.

But with that all said flinching should probably stop it and not cause confusion, it sounds like this is an oversight.

Articuno's stat spread. Come on, Game Freak. When you split the Special stat into SpA and SpD, you had Zapdos and Moltres retain their 125 SpA for Offense. However, their fellow Legendary Bird Articuno gets 125 SpD instead (and gets it's SpA a miserable 85), rendering it more useless than it was in RBY.

Game Freak never seems to learn that Ice is a shitty defensive typing given as Articuno, Avalugg, Lapras , Cryogonal, Regice, Kyurem, Walrein and Dewgong all being relatively bulky (on stats) although that shit typing screws them over more often than not. In fact, Offensive Ice-types are pretty rare ; Weavile, Mamoswine, Kyurem and that's it. Full stop. This is obviously a waste on the great coverage Ice type STAB provides.

Oh, and they also make a move that allows Ice types to muscle past Water-types (Freeze Dry). Problem is it has shit distribution and only 70 Base Power, forcing you to run it alongside another Ice STAB.

Ice types also lose out completely when it comes to weather wars.

1) Sun: Chlorophyll, boosted Fire Attacks, instant Solar Beam, Growth, Solar Power

2) Rain: Swift Swim, boosted Water Attacks, 100% Thunder , 100% Hurricane, neutralizing Steel-type's weakness, Dry Skin, Rain Dish

3) Sand: Sand Rush, Sand Force, Sand Veil, boosted SpD (for Rocks), chip damage

4) Ice: Ice Body, 100% Blizzard, Snow Cloak

And that's not even getting into the quality of the weather setter and abusers. Yeah, Ice-types really got the short end of the stick.
Ice also need better physical moves, the highest one being Icicle Crash which is 85 (poor Weavile also part Dark-type which too doesn't really have high powered physical moves).

Maybe for whatever Gen the Sinnoh remakes will be in they'll try improving Ice-types being Sinnoh is a colder region?

It really annoys me when people complain that a certain Pokemon is wasted potential. It's never going to be possible for GameFreak to have a perfectly balanced metagame of, what, 400-odd fully evolved Pokemon... and if it did manage such a feat, there would be way too many threats in the metagame to be able to cover everything with six teamslots, so the metagame would actually suck and be ultra-dependent on team match-ups.

We should therefore be grateful for the Laprases and Gogoats of this world that are nowhere near as good as GameFreak wanted them to be.
I have no problem with GameFreak experimenting like having one or two defensive Ice-types... the problem is THEY KEEP ON DOING IT! Ice-type is obviously made to be an offensive type yet they keep on trying to make a good chunk of Ice-type defensive. If they feel a need to made a defensive Ice-type it needs to have an Ability to help mitigate its weaknesses in someway, like having Snow Cloak to increases if evasiveness in Blizzard. Also maybe having Hail boost the Ice-type defensively wouldn't be a bad idea.

Not sure if this has been said already, but when you are not in battle and you use an HP restoring item on a Pokémon, the HP bar filling up takes too long imo.
You... do know that holding the B button while HP is being restored speeds up the process, right? (or tap and hold the touch screen) It's what I was doing when I used my HP Super Trained Gogoat in X, and my Azumarill in Omega Ruby...
And if your Pokemon isn't below half it actually takes longer for some reason (or at least it used to). Though I think can be easily fixed by just letting us skip the animation with a button press. Same for in-battle.

Oh, never knew that. Still, maybe double tapping B to let us skip the healing wouldn't be a bad option to have.

You think that's bad? Remember in FRLG when you used an item on a mon in the overworld and it had to move closer to you to take the item? I mean, convenient-ish way to check friendship (so that, say, your Golbat would evolve to Crobat as soon as you got the National Dex), but that was quite the delay.

Also, why were all the good TMs at the Game Corners? In Celadon: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball. None of these you could get anywhere else. Mauville: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Double Team. You did get most of these later, but you had to wait until Victory Road to get Psychic. Goldenrod: they got it right in GSC, with only the trio of Blizzard, Thunder, and Fire Blast that you probably weren't gonna use in-game because of low PP and accuracy, but HGSS: Ice Beam that you otherwise had to wait until the Seafoam Islands to get, Thunderbolt that you didn't get until Cerulean Cave. Yikes.
This was at the time of limited TMs so if they were going to offer you technically limitless TMs they wanted you to work for them. Obviously come Gen V they'll realize that only limits the player who would only really use TMs for the metagame and not in-game (thus sort of making TMs pointless).

The fact you can't do Inverse Battles online.

I mean... come on. Come on. Are we serious? Something that completely changes how you play, what Pokémon are good, how we battle, and it's just left out? Pushed to the side on one random house in one random route of Kalos? And... and triple battles are supported?
Yeah, I don't know why GameFreak doesn't want to capitalize on Inverse Battles. It's such a neat mechanic, way more better than Sky Battles which you'll notice they quickly dropped (and being one of the Gym Leaders in Hoenn is a Flying-type that's a red flag right there). Hopefully next gen they'll add Inverse Battles to the Battle Facility where it rightfully belongs.

As many people have noted by now I assume, the absence of obtainable Apricorn/Safari balls in the newest games. The fact that they kept that specific data intact for the breeding mechanic and summaries, despite Gen 4 having the sprites vanish, tells me they have to know there's some aesthetic value in it to people. The fact that they included the Apricorn balls in the display for the boutique also confuses me moreso.

Some people have noted that the boutique wouldn't stock the balls since they'd have to be imported from Johto if Kurt is the only one that can make them and they're such a niche product. But Kalos is based on France, so the idea of selling something rare that mainly has aesthetic appeal would fit the image, even if they had to make them more expensive, and it's the most money happy region in gameplay, so it wouldn't be a huge shackle on the player if they did handle them that way.

I also just might be one of the few people that wishes we still had catchable event legendaries, if only for the ball choice on some. They could put the event ribbons on the distributed versions to stop people from trading the "freebies" instead of the ones caught themselves, and the availability of patching means they could make the items available without the limited time distribution issue (which I still don't understand the point of now, considering you still have to catch them anyway).
Talked about before and I agree. Make them expensive if you want to justify it, but at least give us the option. Or maybe have there be a Pokeball Maker who grows Apricorns in his backyard (Kurt can't be the only one, I mean the Apricorn Pokeballs are mostly different from normal Pokeballs so its not like there won't be a use for them). Or maybe have industrialization move on and they found a way to mechanically make Apricorn into Pokeballs (doubt Kurt is even alive anymore, heck maybe have him help make the machine so that Apricorn Pokeballs can live on).

For the balls, I'm slightly saddened that Safari Ball didn't return for OR/AS. We got the Safari Zone, which is nice, but couldn't we get the Safari Ball to appear in your bag while there/make it so you can only use the provided Safari Balls but can still battle with your own Pokemon like in the Bug Catching Contest?

Also, Synchronize works on Mystery Gift received Pokemon. (that aren't nature locked) Clearly they have no qualms letting it work with in-game gifts, (i.e. Cos-play Pikachu, Lati@s) so I'm going to be annoyed by the fact this isn't a thing in OR/AS.
I do feel the ORAS Safari Zone should have had something like a contest since it sort of feels a bit bland if they're going to let us catch the Pokemon like we would normally would. And of course in the contest they would provide us Safari Balls.

And Synchronize should work with any Pokemon you get be it caught, befriended, or given.

Now for my reason of making a new post: a new annoyance (of course)!

People not understanding how Rotom's Forms work.

Looking through the newest issue of the Smog I saw an interesting article about type combinations not done yet. Clicking on it the image showed something which annoyed me: a Rotom in a form of a punching bag. I enjoyed the article but the image reminded me how when I sometimes decide to look up fakemons for fun that I would come across someone drawing Rotom in a form of a TV, a computer, a lamp, etc..

This kind of annoys me a bit as people don't seem to understand why Rotom is able to possess a microwave, fridge, fan, lawnmower, and washing machine yet why it was stuck inside a TV in the Old Chateau. In order for Rotom to successfully possess something it needs to have a MOTOR, it's why its name is Rotom (read its name backwards); even the Pokedex notes this! Any other electrical device it'll not be able to move in and I don't think it's able to enter any object that isn't electrical in some way.

A quick list of objects that have motors which Rotom could possibly possess: vacuum, car/motor bike/vehicle, treadmill, electric toothbrush, blender/food processor, power screw/drill, chainsaw, air conditioner, a toy (robot?), turntable, & electric razor. And I'm sure I missed a few other things but this is just a list of examples.

And before anyone says it, a computer fan doesn't count.

Now I'm not sure if this really belongs here but if they were to make future Rotom forms I think keeping this in mind would maybe help people narrow down what to expect.

Last edited:
Pffft the only real name Diancie should get is Madoka :3
B-but her best fairy move makes punishing in the name of the moon too perfect
even if madoka is by far the superior chinese cartoon

Also something I've thought about recently is why not change methods or levels of evolution between games? I know this is minor but uh... well, look at the title of the thread. I don't think this'd really annoy anyone unless the evolution method specifically ties into what the Pokémon is (ie Piloswine calling back to it's historical roots with Ancient Power to become Mamoswine), but I think a lot of people would love their Rufflet or Pawniard to evolve at a level below like 50, which is quite frankly ridiculous. This does actually tie into Gen 5's evolution levels for the most part because a lot of those were just downright stupid and pointlessly high.

B-but her best fairy move makes punishing in the name of the moon too perfect
even if madoka is by far the superior chinese cartoon

Also something I've thought about recently is why not change methods or levels of evolution between games? I know this is minor but uh... well, look at the title of the thread. I don't think this'd really annoy anyone unless the evolution method specifically ties into what the Pokémon is (ie Piloswine calling back to it's historical roots with Ancient Power to become Mamoswine), but I think a lot of people would love their Rufflet or Pawniard to evolve at a level below like 50, which is quite frankly ridiculous. This does actually tie into Gen 5's evolution levels for the most part because a lot of those were just downright stupid and pointlessly high.
I don't think Game Freak dares to change something which has been established in canon (remember how people complained when they have Feebas having an alternative method of evolution? Yes, they still allow you to evolve using the old way but the fanbase is basically impossible to please)

I don't think Game Freak dares to change something which has been established in canon (remember how people complained when they have Feebas having an alternative method of evolution? Yes, they still allow you to evolve using the old way but the fanbase is basically impossible to please)
People... people complained about that? I mean this is the fanbase that complained when they got new games (BW2) instead of a rehashed director's cut third version, but...

Still, I can't imagine many people were glad about the evolution levels in Gen 5. I was so close to putting Bisharp on my team, but then I saw it evolved at a level which, realistically, you're not going to reach until after the credits roll. It's just really annoying when some of the cooler Gen 5 Pokémon like Braviary and Bisharp, who aren't even massive exceptional powerhouses (like say, Haxorus who evolves at a level that can realistically be obtained pre or during E4, what) can't be used on an in-game playthrough and have to be relegated to aftergame where you're not likely to use anything outside of your in-game team.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
The infinite loop in ORAS.

I know this sound strange and could very well be a minor nitpick, with all the effort they've put into competitive battling in gen6, but that loop to help you hatch eggs just plain out annoys me. They put everything in the same place, day-care center, IV guy, infinite loop...

But the thing that the loop isn't in circle like in X/Y just irritates me. The problem is that that, save for the few occasions in which an egg hatches while you're turning a corner, the loop breaks. That forces you to get back to a corner and start up the up botton loop all over again for every single egg. That is particularly annoying if you're like me: you don't particularly mind to go back and forth to get the 5 eggs, but afterwards you expect to hatch eggs the easiest way possible. In X/Y, I used to get the eggs, fly to Lumiose, block the circle pad left or right, do something else like lifting or studying and press B a couple of times every egg hatches.

In ORAS, I have to interrupt myself every single time to get the loop going again. I don't know if I missed something about it that let it go on perpetually, but the X/Y mechanic was far better imho.

I know this sound strange and could very well be a minor nitpick, with all the effort they've put into competitive battling in gen6, but that loop to help you hatch eggs just plain out annoys me. They put everything in the same place, day-care center, IV guy, infinite loop...

But the thing that the loop isn't in circle like in X/Y just irritates me. The problem is that that, save for the few occasions in which an egg hatches while you're turning a corner, the loop breaks. That forces you to get back to a corner and start up the up botton loop all over again for every single egg. That is particularly annoying if you're like me: you don't particularly mind to go back and forth to get the 5 eggs, but afterwards you expect to hatch eggs the easiest way possible. In X/Y, I used to get the eggs, fly to Lumiose, block the circle pad left or right, do something else like lifting or studying and press B a couple of times every egg hatches.

In ORAS, I have to interrupt myself every single time to get the loop going again. I don't know if I missed something about it that let it go on perpetually, but the X/Y mechanic was far better imho.
I find it easier to not use the circle pad here, but the D-pad. Start by hopping on the Mach Bike and head right from the day-care, then up at the first corner. Keep holding up on the D-pad and you should be able to go all the way around without interruption. (until the eggs start hatching, at least) I will agree that biking around in a tight circle in Lumiose is a bit more convenient.

What annoys me the most about it is the 3 patches of quicksand in the path of the loop.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
What annoys me the most about it is the 3 patches of quicksand in the path of the loop.
I am more irked I cannot slide a dime under circle pad so I coud draw, read, or bake a cake while hatching 5 out of 1-2k something eggs in X. Having to hold on D Pad and reset at corners is that annoying.

The plan of the evil team which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I dunno about you people but when I play a game, I try to pay attention to the story lines to try and enjoy it more. Not so with Pokemon because of the evil team.

Rockets: The only one that makes sense because they are out to make money. Quite simple. Exactly why they want the Master Ball is never explained though. Oh, and why is cutting off the tail of Slowpoke considered evil when they grow back and people eat it (that's like saying taking milk for breakfast is evil because you milk it from a cow)? Also, exactly how they plan to achieve in Lake of Rage is unexplained. Making the Magikarp evolve is fine but they get slaughtered by Gyarados (proven when Gyara is Lv30 and you can wipe the floor with them if you use it).

Magma and Aqua: Lol. I don't think I need to say why this doesn't make sense.

Galactic: Erm, catch Lake Trio -> form Red Chain -> Capture mascot legendary -> ???? -> Profit!!!
Not to mention a lot of the grunts just plainly don't know what they are doing and follow orders blindly.

Plasma: So, using Pokemon to fight is bad. Let's spread this propaganda by becoming the Champion by winning in Pokemon battles!
OK, turns out that Ghetsis has his own plans but the fact that NPCs buy into this is weird.

Flare: OK, my Pokemon died in a war so to take revenge, I must fire the legendary weapon to kill off all of humanity. Exactly how he plans to profit from this is anyone's guess.

The plan of the evil team which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I dunno about you people but when I play a game, I try to pay attention to the story lines to try and enjoy it more. Not so with Pokemon because of the evil team.

Rockets: The only one that makes sense because they are out to make money. Quite simple. Exactly why they want the Master Ball is never explained though. Oh, and why is cutting off the tail of Slowpoke considered evil when they grow back and people eat it (that's like saying taking milk for breakfast is evil because you milk it from a cow)? Also, exactly how they plan to achieve in Lake of Rage is unexplained. Making the Magikarp evolve is fine but they get slaughtered by Gyarados (proven when Gyara is Lv30 and you can wipe the floor with them if you use it).

Galactic: Erm, catch Lake Trio -> form Red Chain -> Capture mascot legendary -> ???? -> Profit!!!
Not to mention a lot of the grunts just plainly don't know what they are doing and follow orders blindly.

Plasma: So, using Pokemon to fight is bad. Let's spread this propaganda by becoming the Champion by winning in Pokemon battles!
OK, turns out that Ghetsis has his own plans but the fact that NPCs buy into this is weird.

Flare: OK, my Pokemon died in a war so to take revenge, I must fire the legendary weapon to kill off all of humanity. Exactly how he plans to profit from this is anyone's guess.
I'm pretty sure that Cyrus just wants to destroy and re-create the universe, which he could do with the mascot legendary. The grunts not really knowing what team galactic is doing is also important, as I'm pretty sure team galactic would have fallen apart had everyone known that Cyrus's plans basically end in him becoming a god.

Also, I think that most NPC's wouldn't be aware of Team Plasma actually being involved in battles (some of the gym leaders, Alder, the player character, and his/her friends are the only ones who know about Team Plasma actually uses pokemon battles), at least until N becomes the Hero of Truth/Ideals and defeats Alder. Also, N and most of the grunts seem to believe in that ideal.

What Team Rocket was doing at the Lake of Rage was an experiment in using a radio signal to force evolution in (at least) wild Pokemon. Magikarp are near-useless, but Gyarados are much more valuable. The shiny Gyarados happened to be a... happy accident, though if the signal could make ordinary Pokemon evolve shiny, then that would certainly mean even greater profit. If I remember correctly, it's at least implied they intended to have the signal be broadcasted from the Goldenrod radio tower with their message over the radio waves for their leader, Giovanni, to return. (and the time travel with Celebi event shows he nearly did) The Master Ball catches any Pokemon without fail, like, say... Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave? I'm pretty sure the goal was to take over Silph Co. for all the products they make.

Cyrus' goal was to destroy the world and create a new one without spirit for... reasons... But his plans technically never involved Giratina in Platinum.

Technically N never became the Champion, he just used Reshiram/Zekrom's assistance in defeating Alder so he could then send the message for trainers to liberate their Pokemon. (though Team Plasma was already prepared to forcibly release everyone's Pokemon from the PC storage system) The message of 'is it really right to catch Pokemon and have them battle each other?' would've probably had a deeper impact if it wasn't revealed that Ghetsis is a manipulative, psychopathic bastard perfectly willing to use his own son (N) as a mere tool for his goals of regional/world domination. (thus rendering the whole question of whether it's truly right or not null and void)

You're getting Lysandre and AZ mixed up, here. AZ's Floette died in the war, so he built the device to ressurrect it. Then he converted it into the Ultimate Weapon in a fit of anger over the war still going on, bringing a brutal end to the conflict. (and leaving him an immortal 9'+ giant with his tiny, also immortal friend leaving him) Lysandre wants to use it to wipe out anyone not with Team Flare so the world can be permanently made beautiful. (though ALL Pokemon would go extinct in this act)

But overall... if you're looking for deep story in the Pokemon games, you're not really going to find it at all...

As many people have noted by now I assume, the absence of obtainable Apricorn/Safari balls in the newest games. The fact that they kept that specific data intact for the breeding mechanic and summaries, despite Gen 4 having the sprites vanish, tells me they have to know there's some aesthetic value in it to people. The fact that they included the Apricorn balls in the display for the boutique also confuses me moreso.
I feel your pain, but I'm gonna have to rebut on a couple of these. The sad truth is that some of the Apricorn balls are kinda outclassed by some of the Gen III ones. In fact, the Lure Ball gets it worst: oh, so you have triple catch rate when fishing? Okay, try this Net Ball that has triple catch rate on ANY Water-type (so you can use it while surfing or on land-based Waters) AND you can use it on Bugs too! Moon Ball: only works on five families (Nidorans, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Skitty), all of which are fairly rare in Gen VI (the Nidos, for example, are only on a single route in Kalos). Love Balls are terribly gimmicky, only working well on something of opposite gender but same species.

I would maybe want to see Fast Balls, but I'm not sure what you can catch in this gen that breaks 100 Speed. Friend Balls would also make friendship-based evolutions much easier to get, so I could see that. But not every Apricorn ball really works at this point in the series.

I feel your pain, but I'm gonna have to rebut on a couple of these. The sad truth is that some of the Apricorn balls are kinda outclassed by some of the Gen III ones. In fact, the Lure Ball gets it worst: oh, so you have triple catch rate when fishing? Okay, try this Net Ball that has triple catch rate on ANY Water-type (so you can use it while surfing or on land-based Waters) AND you can use it on Bugs too! Moon Ball: only works on five families (Nidorans, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Skitty), all of which are fairly rare in Gen VI (the Nidos, for example, are only on a single route in Kalos). Love Balls are terribly gimmicky, only working well on something of opposite gender but same species.

I would maybe want to see Fast Balls, but I'm not sure what you can catch in this gen that breaks 100 Speed. Friend Balls would also make friendship-based evolutions much easier to get, so I could see that. But not every Apricorn ball really works at this point in the series.
Dude, it's not about whether the ball itself works feasibly in the given situations. We just want the option of Safari/Apricorn balls for the matching colors/themes of a Pokemon in question, especially in tandem with its (possible) hidden ability. A Love Ball Pixilate Sylveon would be awesome, but there's no current legal way to get an Eevee in a Love Ball period right now.

Alright alright! Glad not everything is about how the ball works. If they do bring them back, they need to do something with the Lure Ball, though. Can we all agree on that?

A Love Ball Pixilate Sylveon would be awesome, but there's no current legal way to get an Eevee in a Love Ball period right now.
YES YES YES YES YES...as gimmicky as I think the Love Ball is, I do concede that it looks freaking awesome. Especially to have a Sylveon in. Now bust that out in a battle. "Oh, this person must not be that serious a battler..." Sylveon used Hyper Voice!

Reactions: JES
The Lati@s in ORAS.
Want to have a Lati@s with decent IVs and Nature? Then, welcome to the world of Steven talking and him talking some more. Oh, and now would be the perfect time to give you the Mega Bracelet. Oh, you figured you would rather catch the Lati@s later? Too bad because the game simply won't let you progress until you have a Lati@s to call your own. Hope you enjoyed Soft Resetting and watching cutscenes. *** maniacal laughter ***

This is why I don't bother with Legendaries. Though to be honest with Latias and Latios, at least we have the Eon Ticket to compensate.

The Lati@s in ORAS.
Want to have a Lati@s with decent IVs and Nature? Then, welcome to the world of Steven talking and him talking some more. Oh, and now would be the perfect time to give you the Mega Bracelet. Oh, you figured you would rather catch the Lati@s later? Too bad because the game simply won't let you progress until you have a Lati@s to call your own. Hope you enjoyed Soft Resetting and watching cutscenes. *** maniacal laughter ***
Meh, I was more disturbed by Courtney's reaction to being beaten. At least that Lati@s has a guaranteed synch, so you're always able to get the nature you wanted. Rayquaza's only really annoying if you're not going for +Speed and/or are adamant for flawless defenses as well. And it's still not nearly as bad as Xerneas/Yveltal in X/Y, as you've still got the Lysandre battle, one more gym, the Elite Four and Diantha, AZ, and a ton of cut-scenes before you can get to Kiloude to check its IV's. Don't forget to beat it first before you save and start soft resetting it for real, or else that's even more stuff to sit through!

I've sure that it has already been said before, but there needs to be a better way to find out the exact EVs by using the IV Judge, finding out the hidden power, and then having to feed the Pokémon Rare Candies repeatedly while plugging in the stats into an IV calculator for 20+ levels before you finally get a definitive answer!

Make it happen next Generation, Game Freak, or else!

Pffft the only real name Diancie should get is Madoka :3
Madoka... Madoka... Why does that name sound familiar?

Well, I needed another Pokemon for my scramble desperately after the only one I had couldn't defeat the first gym, after days of waiting the Dratini finally comes in through the GTS. It has no nick-name. I run off to nick-name it, but GUESS WHAT?! "Dratini's name is perfect, I can't say anything about it!" and it won't let me change it. Either this was a troll, or a victim of how if you accidentally click OK for nicknaming you can't go back. Forcing you to sometimes do the name of the Pokemon anyway. Why no back button? Come on!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Well, I needed another Pokemon for my scramble desperately after the only one I had couldn't defeat the first gym, after days of waiting the Dratini finally comes in through the GTS. It has no nick-name. I run off to nick-name it, but GUESS WHAT?! "Dratini's name is perfect, I can't say anything about it!" and it won't let me change it. Either this was a troll, or a victim of how if you accidentally click OK for nicknaming you can't go back. Forcing you to sometimes do the name of the Pokemon anyway. Why no back button? Come on!
You can't nickname Pokemon which were not caught by you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 11)