Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Is there a way to see all the posts I have done in a thread? Or do I have to go page through page doing Command+F LilOu?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi, how i do get involved in the tutor project (as an apprentice)?
You'll need to sign up for the Apprentice Program in the thread first. The next round is Round 100, so keep an eye out for a thread being opened for that round's sign ups. Once it opens (in the next few days), you can post in the thread (follow the rules, however, for the appropriate format) to sign up. Try to post in the thread as soon as it opens up, as spots are taken very quickly. You can find more information about the Tutoring Program here. :)

There is a place here in Smogon for Mega Theorymonning? A few friends of mine wanted to do something kinda like a CAP but for megas and let other users vote on our proposals for an alternative - new - weird mega, and then implement them on Showdown!

QueBien

What is a pívot? And what is the difference between an offensive one and a defensiva one?
A "pivot" is a Pokemon generally used only to switch, usually to help the user to switch safely into another Pokemon.

What is a pívot? And what is the difference between an offensive one and a defensiva one?
The difference between an offensive one and a defensive one is that an offensive one is used to force out an opponent's Pokemon through offensive pressure (i.e. you can threaten a KO), thus giving you momentum. A defensive one can be difficult for your opponent to break, thus forcing them to switch and losing them momentum.

QueBien

whenever I try to post my rmt for my bug mono, it says that it is over the 65,000 character limit, but on Microsoft word it has 2,300 characters? please help
Do you have any special objects that Smogon may not recognize in your Word document? If so, that may be the problem.

QueBien

What program (preferably non-download) should be used to post screenshots on the forums? For like reqs and stuff.
Various programs can be used. If you use Windows, you can use the Snipping Tool which should come pre-installed on your computer. Just take a screenshot and select the Upload a File option, or upload it to imgur or something and insert the image by link. Lightshot is another screenshot application, which is a browser add-on, and not a downloaded file. It takes a screenshot and gives you a url for which to use to insert your screenshot into a post.

whenever I try to post my rmt for my bug mono, it says that it is over the 65,000 character limit, but on Microsoft word it has 2,300 characters? please help
I had the exact same problem with my trade thread. The reason it says it has 'over 65,000 characters' is probably because the BBcodes are 'broken'. Try to edit your post in the BBcode Editor instead of the Rich Text Editor, and see if there's any unnecessary [I] [/I] and [B] [/B] and other codes bugging your post.

Is it possible to write subscripts and exponents (for maths formulas) when posting ? I tried [sup]n[/sup], [sub]n[/sub], <sup>{n}</sup>, and <sub>{n}</sub> but it didn't worked.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)