Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Silverwhiteblue

Aggressive to me means offense so here is some birdspam offense for you. Fletchinder + braviary make the birdspam core, american bird weakening fletchinder checks through constant u-turning and superpower when necessary. U-turn and roost on braviary cause return only hits 2 mons on RU that brave bird doesnt (eel and lanturn, eel is 2hkod by LO brave bird after rocks and lanturn is really uncommon) plus u-turn provides good pivoting for the rest team. Added seismitoad over mega steelix cause it helps with a pretty annoying water weakness the team had with steelix on the team and being a really great mon all in all, flygon added for the most reliable hazard remover in the tier, virizion to help with opposing bulky waters. The last slot was a choice between having a secondary fighting type check and ice resist and something to revenge kill durant, delphox provides that and being a really great scarfer nowadays.

Opposing fletchinder could be annoying so your fletch and a healthy seismitoad should be good for that, watch out for durant. Hope you enjoy.
Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Braviary @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 SpA
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Superpower

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Earth Power

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Switcheroo
- Fire Blast

MrAldo you could probably run Sharp Beak over Life Orb on Braviary because the 10% recoil really adds up along with Brave Bird recoil and makes it so that you have to Roost a lot to recover your health and Sharp Beak's power difference isn't too big, although Superpower becomes a bit weaker.

I know this contradicts my first point but I would consider replacing Braviary altogether in favor of Durant. I know the idea of the team is meant to be Bird Spam, but at the moment Cinccino really fucks up your team. Seriously, Cinccino is actually really common on the ladder and has an easy time sweeping if Delphox is paralyzed or KOed or if Virizion is a bit weakened. Even if it doesn't sweep it will do a lot of damage if played right (which they usually aren't but I digress). Since the idea of Braviary was to get momentum and weaken Steel-types, All-out Attacker Durant would be a good fit, as it gives you a check to Cinccino (lol I know but it's kinda needed) and a way to weaken Steel-types while still maintaining momentum with Baton Pass. It's also a bit faster, which is nice.
Durant @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass / Thunder Fang

Hopefully you didn't lol too hard at my suggestion, that's a pretty nice team otherwise though so gj ^.^

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rollout Shucke

I disagree with Cincinno being a problem when you have fletch and delphox to revenge kill at worst, in the end cincinno is one of those mons that slip your mind when teambuilding cause... it is cincinno, a bad mon on its own and when building offense it always managed to screw you over. I sincerely dont consider at all realistically, maybe a bad habit but the team has the emergency buttons to handle it.

Durant gets flinched by king's rock shit anyways :V

Your suggestion all around though and I like it, but braviary is a cool and I was tired of using durant there :[

Rollout Shucke

I disagree with Cincinno being a problem when you have fletch and delphox to revenge kill at worst, in the end cincinno is one of those mons that slip your mind when teambuilding cause... it is cincinno, a bad mon on its own and when building offense it always managed to screw you over. I sincerely dont consider at all realistically, maybe a bad habit but the team has the emergency buttons to handle it.

Durant gets flinched by king's rock shit anyways :V

Your suggestion all around though and I like it, but braviary is a cool and I was tired of using durant there :[
Fair enough I guess, although opposing Cinccinos are still enough to make me sit up a little straighter and play more carefully when using that team. Don't forget about Sharp Beak > Life Orb though; not having that extra recoil is really nice. Also… (Sharp Beak is slashed on the Physical Attacker set)

XenoTech N here ya go!

Teambuilding Process

Okay so as you requested I started out with Hone Claws Durant, who is a monster in this metagame. Durant has a ton of trouble with Bulky Waters and Steel-types, so to fix mostly the latter I added in a cool option: Gastrodon. This gives you a nice switch-in to Steel and some Water-types while acting as a good physical wall for stuff like Tyrantrum. After that, I decided to add Aromatisse, which supports the team with Wish and Heal Bell while walling stuff like Sneasel, Scrafty, and Hitmonlee. The team needed a backup answer to Fire-types with Grass coverage moves and a Stealth Rocker, so Mega-Camerupt fills that role nicely and also benefits from Aroma's Wish support. I needed a revenge killer and a check to Venomoth so I went with Choice Scarf Braviary with Sleep Talk over Superpower. That may seem crazy but Venomoth is a BIG threat right now (it also helps check Amoonguss) and the rest of the team already handles Steel- and Rock-types nicely except for Aromatisse. Finally, I needed some sort of win condition. I looked around for a long time and finally settled on Virizion, as it could check some extra stuff like Mola and set up on it. Stone Edge over Zen Headbutt since it hits Sigi and defensive Flying-types as well as Delphox on the switch.

Overall I really like how this team plays, it has a lot of defensive synergy and any of the Pokemon can put in work if needed (that's one reason why I like Gastrodon > Alomomola on this team). If you have any edits that you want to make please feel free to suggest changes! I've only played a couple games with it but it's already done really well, hope you enjoy it XenoTech N! ^.^

Durant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
Thanks for the team man, I'm new to RU so I can't really tell if something is good or bad (lol rip me). I'll definitely give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Requesting Mega Camerupt balance, with a volt turn core, and hazard removal+hazard stacking, and possibly a way or two to break stall :), oh and it should have a decent defensive core and possibly a taunt user or two. Enjoy ~ MrAldo , gorex , Natural Talent. Also I'll just throw it out there that Spirit's RU QuickStall is one of my favorite RU teams *hint hint

:^)

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
;-;, if the mega is too restrictive,I'm more than open to another :x.
with a volt turn core, and hazard removal+hazard stacking, This is the hard part tbh

The team would look something like:
Scarf
(Sub CM)
Rock Polish

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Tyrantrum @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

Last edited:
The volt-turn tbh is just something I was thinking of to help get Mega Camerupt in easily and exploit hazards. It's not strictly necessary tbh,if not anything else maybe have some team members that bait in easy targets for a double switch in to Mega Camerupt?

Natural Talent

The volt-turn tbh is just something I was thinking of to help get Mega Camerupt in easily and exploit hazards. It's not strictly necessary tbh,if not anything else maybe have some team members that bait in easy targets for a double switch in to Mega Camerupt?
Not too many mons get volt turn and with i being hazard stack it limits a lot of team building, but i put an example above.

oh, maybe change it from full out hazard stack to just SR+defogger? I didn't mean to give such a weird request :x. The example looks pretty decent though tbh.

If anyone still comes here. I would love to request a soike stacking team with Cm Meloetta. (idc if its offensive cm or sub cm) I would like it to be a hazzard stacking team with either one fo the. So yh looking for a team thats offensive since i mostly make my teams into stall by accidents. So yh hopefully you will accept my request and build a team around it ^.^

Natural Talent

If anyone still comes here. I would love to request a soike stacking team with Cm Meloetta. (idc if its offensive cm or sub cm) I would like it to be a hazzard stacking team with either one fo the. So yh looking for a team thats offensive since i mostly make my teams into stall by accidents. So yh hopefully you will accept my request and build a team around it ^.^
do you want one like the sample thing i posted up? I can just plug in the sets or make another one to your liking

Hey, now before i say anything, it hurts to say this (it really does) but i requested a volt turn team with jolt + braviary + mega glalie on the 30 august and it has not been posted yet. I just wanna know if it is in construction or maybe you guys just missed because i had no sets that could be displayed. I would appreciate it if you could let me know :)

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
Let me be blunt here, i'm the only one building(ocasionally NT and Scythe will put out some teams as well) i'm looking to getting someone to host a new thread with new builders so please be patient, it's only natural i'm gonna miss some of the requests :(
I have the rest of the day free now so i'll get to some of them that aren't done yet like the one above

Natural Talent

Master Sunny-EX

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Durant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Crunch

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- U-turn

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Togetic @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost

This is a pretty decent team and fits your description alright. Durant hits all types of threats and can hit stall pretty hard in conjunction with meloetta weakening everything. Tyrantrum Can work decently against offense and is our Fletchinder Check. Rotom Picks up momentum with volt switch and then camerupt is your rocker. Enjoy!

Also plugged in the team for the sample i was giving.

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Let me be blunt here, i'm the only one building(ocasionally NT and Scythe will put out some teams as well) i'm looking to getting someone to host a new thread with new builders so please be patient, it's only natural i'm gonna miss some of the requests :(
I have the rest of the day free now so i'll get to some of them that aren't done yet like the one above
i've asked to host a new thread, but llamas said he wasn't comfortable taking the thread from gorex since he isn't completely dead :[

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i've asked to host a new thread, but llamas said he wasn't comfortable taking the thread from gorex since he isn't completely dead :[
No, I said ask him if he is willing to give it up, if you pm'd him on the forum and he didn't answer in spite of having been on a couple times or something, then take the project, but idk how a different host is going to produce teams more efficiently if its the same number of people building at the same rate.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

Golden Electivire

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ice]

Braviary @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Flygon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

I wanted to run sub bulk up bravirary with this one so i can have an answer to every common playstyle with the first 3 mons(Jolteon > offense, Glalie > Balance and Braviary > Stall). Choice of hidden power on jolteon comes from preference with ice hiting flygon and grass hiting gastrodon and seismitoad. These 3 are easilly dealt with by a scarfers(notably emboar and tyrantrum) so i got seismitoad as the stealth rocker since it's able to reliably handle both of those as well as durant, obvious flygon is obvious as usual since it' the only defoger that doesn't suck. Last slot i wanted a choice scarfer that could pivot around to help with getting mega glalie in, options were:medicham/durant... thats it, since i don't really consider rotom-mow as an option, so i went with durant as it lures in every single setup fodder for braviary on the tier.

/

ChilliTacos

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam/focus blast

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

TANK (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Scrafty @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Decided to run calm mind colbur melo with this one as i feel like it's better than the subcm set but that just comes down to personal preference, gurdurr is the perfect partner to any variant of meloetta as it's able to beat/set up on basically all of melo's checks, while melo can set up on gurdurr's checks etc etc. Meloetta hates hazards, mainly toxic spikes, so i had to get a spinner(seeing as how you wanted to run spikes stack) so i got kabutops as it's a nice fletchinder answer which is kinda annoying for the other members as well as helping with scarf fire types and such, obviously i need stealth rocks and mega steelix seemed to fit just fine with the other members, wasn't feeling too safe versus things like durant/virizion/hitmonlee and i still needed the spikes part of the team, decided to go with TANK weezing as it's actually a pretty cool fighting check, being able to handle a couple of very problematic mons like durant etc, + i couldn't exactly just run qwilfish since i already have 2 ground weak mons and no resists so there's that. Now on the last slot i needed a psychic check i was torn between life orb sneasel or choice band scrafty, so i just decided to leave both there for you to choose since i can't handle the pressure....

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Hope u enjoy ┌∩┐(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)