Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reporting this bug for someone who was too young to have a Smogon account:

[17:58:02] MiseryMurkrow:When Zoroark is KO'd from Hazards, Life Orb etc., the pokémon it was disguised as fades instead of Zoroark. Problem: The Zoroark icon never fades.
[17:59:08] MiseryMurkrow:Even when it's revealed that it was a Zoroark, the icon won't fade.

hey guys, since about two weeks (since the new BS doubles was launched) i have in exactly that format some issues.

sometimes it does not let me log my moves in. first two time the fields where u choose ur moves normally went blank, this time i only could choose charizards move [my left one] but it did not let me choose raikous moves. so i get timerkilled there... :mad:

i used the background ocean before and now the waterfall one if that is important.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Ok heres another instance of "bulbapedia said this and might be wrong but i'll report it anyway"
As seen below dedenne heals before eating the berry and activating its effect, whereas bulbapedia who i repeat, i know is known for being inaccurate, says that the hp is restored after the effect of the Berry is applied.
Don't drop that used Substitute!
Don't drop that put in a substitute!
Don't drop that lost 25% of its health!
Don't drop that restored HP using its Cheek Pouch!
Don't drop that ate its Petaya Berry!
The Petaya Berry raised Don't drop that's Special Attack!

I guess this is a well known bug, but sometimes when playing ubers, the foe's Arceus icon is "transformed" in one of the foe's pokémon.

Notice that foe has 2 kyogre "miniatures".

bug arceus ps.png

In a groupchat, after a tour had finished, I tried to create another one, but it said there was already a tournament running. If it makes any difference, I started and won the first tour. I could manually end the tour and start a new one, so this is only a minor bug.

Last edited:
/help ds said:
/dexsearch [type], (move), (move), ... - Searches for Pokémon that fulfill the selected criteria
Search categories are: type, tier, color, moves, ability, gen, recovery, priority, stat.
Valid colors are: green, red, blue, white, brown, yellow, purple, pink, gray and black.
Valid tiers are: Uber/OU/BL/UU/BL2/RU/BL3/NU/PU/NFE/LC/CAP.
Types must be followed by ' type', e.g., 'dragon type'.
Inequality ranges use the characters '>' and '<' though they behave as '≥' and '≤', e.g., 'speed > 100' searches for all Pokemon equal to and greater than 100 speed.
Parameters can be excluded through the use of '!', e.g., '!water type' excludes all water types.
The parameter 'mega' can be added to search for Mega Evolutions only, and the parameter 'NFE' can be added to search not-fully evolved Pokemon only.
The order of the parameters does not matter.
/ds speed > 100 said:
/ds speed > 100, all:
Absol-Mega, Accelgor, Aerodactyl, Alakazam, Ambipom, Arceus, Archeops, Azelf, Beedrill-Mega, Cinccino, Cobalion, Crobat, Cryogonal, Darkrai, Dedenne, Delphox, Deoxys, Diancie-Mega, Dugtrio, Durant, Electabuzz, Electrode, Emolga, Espeon, Floatzel, Froslass, Furfrou, Gallade-Mega, Galvantula, Garchomp, Gengar, Greninja, Hawlucha, Heliolisk, Houndoom-Mega, Infernape, Jolteon, Jumpluff, Kadabra, Keldeo, Landorus, Latias, Latios, Liepard, Lopunny, Lucario-Mega, Lugia, Manectric, Meloetta-Pirouette, Meowstic, Metagross-Mega, Mewtwo, Mienshao, Mismagius, Ninjask, Noivern, Persian, Pidgeot, Pinsir-Mega, Purugly, Pyroar, Raichu, Raikou, Rapidash, Rayquaza-Mega, Salamence-Mega, Sceptile, Scolipede, Scyther, Serperior, Sharpedo-Mega, Shaymin-Sky, Simipour, Simisage, Simisear, Sneasel, Starmie, Swellow, Swoobat, Talonflame, Tauros, Terrakion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Virizion, Weavile, Whimsicott, Zebstrika, Zoroark
Basically the inequality ranges don't work as it says in /help ds

Could be one of two things:
1. /ds doesn't work like it's supposed to, in which case it needs to be fixed
2. It does work like it's supposed to, in which case /help ds should be fixed to reflect as such

[I changed the bracket from [] to () at "move" at the beginning of the pst because it was adding annoying links]

Last edited:

MaNamez

Banned deucer.
A level 1 (or any level below 100 I'm assuming) ditto (not sure if imposter is required) does not inherit Atk and SpA from the opponent, it does inherit speed, Def and SpD have not been tested.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-274419926

I'm assuming this is because the game does not realise that this ditto transformed into a pokemon of higher level so it puts the transform-result at level one as well

Last edited:
A level 1 (or any level below 100 I'm assuming) ditto (not sure if imposter is required) does not inherit Atk and SpA from the opponent, it does inherit speed, Def and SpD have not been tested.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-274419926

I'm assuming this is because the game does not realise that this ditto transformed into a pokemon of higher level so it puts the transform-result at level one as well
Damage also scales with level, not only raw stats.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
(Thnx Team Pokepals for screenshot)
This has happened to me before on my main but here is a fresh account for an example. As you can see I have been playing only OU my alt until I get points from a tier I never play such as VGC2015. I'm guessing that the points glitch into a different account as a person has a name somewhat like yours that is unregistered, but IDK.

(Thnx Team Pokepals for screenshot)
This has happened to me before on my main but here is a fresh account for an example. As you can see I have been playing only OU my alt until I get points from a tier I never play such as VGC2015. I'm guessing that the points glitch into a different account as a person has a name somewhat like yours that is unregistered, but IDK.
Yeah, that happens if you use a name that someone else battled on but never registered.

When doing Random Battles I something get this really annoying bug. When I hover over the opponent's Pokemon with my cursor it shows the data of the first Pokemon he sent out for the rest of the match. Any way I can fix this?

I've found a pretty annoying glitch if you wanna even call it that. This is regarding the newer <<>> feature where you can post room links in a room. Example: <<OU>>
Clicking one of these links(without warning), restarts PokemonShowdown and erases all current PMs and everything else restarting it would do. Can you just have it join the room without resetting PS?

i believe that this is normal in gen 1, this is from bulbapedia (note that its explosion that was used in the battle and not self destruct)
Oh, I see...
Anyways, this really sounds like a bug, since this phenomenon was expurged from Pokémon Stadium (gen I contemporary)

But I got it! Thanks!! =D

not sure if this is a bug but Raichu in all the battles i have played and replays i have seen when the ORAS sprites are used is noticeably lower on the y axis in team preview and the battle itself as well. i also think it might be higher on the x side as well but i am not sure

Small visual bug: in tiers without team preview the pokeballs (pokemon that aren't revealed yet) change to the pokemon that is currently batling when clicking the Switch Sides button.
The Gengar one I've seen before; if you have a Gengar and mega-evolve it, then your opponent forfeits, then the instant replay will give you an extra Gengar each time. Since Switch Sides internally does an instant replay it suffers from the same problem. As for your other image, I couldn't make it out clearly enough, but it could be the same fix anyway.

Trying to make a Magnemite with Discharge for LC. It gave me the following error:
"Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Magnemite can't learn Discharge."

Magnemite can learn discharge according to the dex and the move check thingie. This is is straight up error.

Trying to make a Magnemite with Discharge for LC. It gave me the following error:
"Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Magnemite can't learn Discharge."

Magnemite can learn discharge according to the dex and the move check thingie. This is is straight up error.
I think it means that it isn't able to have the move at level 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)