Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1challengecup-268870660

Turn 18

The opposing Staryu used Surf!
Raticate lost 48.5% of its health!

Raticate used Double-Edge!
The opposing Staryu's substitute faded!
Raticate is damaged by the recoil!

Raticate fainted!
E4 Flint joined.
★Anna says hi: i should not have taken recoil there

This was in Gen 1, where a known bug in the cartridges is that breaking a Substitute will not cause recoil, faint the user if they used Explosion/Selfdestruct, or give them back HP if they used a draining move.

I can't give you a screen shot atm, because it doesn't happen on a consistent basis and I forgot last time it happend, but sometimes when I press Enter after picking my item, which sends me to the Ability screen, only the first Ability will appear. Gets fixed by going to something else (such as moves, item), and going back to Abilities. Still kinda annoying.

So, I was having a random battle and then TWO glitches happened:

Turn 24

Vespiquen used Substitute!
Vespiquen put in a substitute!
Vespiquen lost 24.7% of its health!

The opposing Arbok used Rest!
The opposing Arbok fell asleep!
The opposing Arbok slept and became healthy!

Vespiquen restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

The thing here is that Arbok had a Chesto Berry and she didn't eat it, and I don't know why.

Here's the other glitch:

Turn 43

The opposing Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
It's not very effective... Vespiquen lost 28.7% of its health!
Vespiquen's Special Defense fell!

Vespiquen used Attack Order!
It's not very effective... The opposing Venomoth lost 2.9% of its health!

The opposing Venomoth fainted!

Abcefis sent out Arbok!
[Opposing Arbok's Intimidate!]

The problem this time was Arbok's ability: while the message of it activating did appear, it hadn't any effect.

Here's the full replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-269363305

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
So, I was having a random battle and then TWO glitches happened:

Turn 24

Vespiquen used Substitute!
Vespiquen put in a substitute!
Vespiquen lost 24.7% of its health!

The opposing Arbok used Rest!
The opposing Arbok fell asleep!
The opposing Arbok slept and became healthy!

The thing here is that Arbok had a Chesto Berry and she didn't eat it, and I don't know why.

Here's the other glitch:

Turn 43

The opposing Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
It's not very effective... Vespiquen lost 28.7% of its health!
Vespiquen's Special Defense fell!

Vespiquen used Attack Order!
It's not very effective... The opposing Venomoth lost 2.9% of its health!

The opposing Venomoth fainted!

Abcefis sent out Arbok!
[Opposing Arbok's Intimidate!]

The problem this time was Arbok's ability: while the message of it activating did appear, it hadn't any effect.

Here's the full replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-269363305
Vespiquen has unnerve.
Go! Vespiquen!
[Vespiquen's Unnerve!]
The opposing team is too nervous to eat Berries!

Intimidate did not work because vespiquen was behind a substitute, which blocks intimidate.

Not bugs.

Vespiquen has unnerve.
Go! Vespiquen!
[Vespiquen's Unnerve!]
The opposing team is too nervous to eat Berries!

Intimidate did not work because vespiquen was behind a substitute, which blocks intimidate.

Not bugs.
Wow, I guess I am that much of a n00b...

Anyways, thanks ^^

Sketchmons isn't working properly. See the screen below.

It isn't just V-create that gets blocked. Everything I've tried so far isn't allowed. Overheat, Hypnosis, Splash, you name it. To make things more bizarre, all of the other mons have sketch moves as well. It only flags Serperior's as illegal.

Sketchmons isn't working properly. See the screen below.

It isn't just V-create that gets blocked. Everything I've tried so far isn't allowed. Overheat, Hypnosis, Splash, you name it. To make things more bizarre, all of the other mons have sketch moves as well. It only flags Serperior's as illegal.
What is the whole Serperior set

Aromatherapy, Leaf Storm, Synthesis, V-create. I don't see how the other moves could matter because as long as they don't conflict with each other, the Sketch move should be its own thing.

Aromatherapy, Leaf Storm, Synthesis, V-create. I don't see how the other moves could matter because as long as they don't conflict with each other, the Sketch move should be its own thing.
Aromatherapy is incompatible with Contrary as it is only obtainable via event. Thus, it becomes the Sketch'd move, which makes V-create illegal. Sketchmons works as intended.

To my understanding, Random Battles will supply both players with random legal Pokemon, however I received an illegal Linoone. With Quick Feet and knowing Extreme Speed.
If I enter said moves via Teambuilder, it is rejected, due to Extreme Speed being an event move of which only the standard abilities are aplicable.
Battle of which I received the illegal Linoone: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-269872760
Linoone's Endgame Battle Card : https://gyazo.com/cd12934014d63d12cecf706b20d5ed35

To my understanding, Random Battles will supply both players with random legal Pokemon, however I received an illegal Linoone. With Quick Feet and knowing Extreme Speed.
If I enter said moves via Teambuilder, it is rejected, due to Extreme Speed being an event move of which only the standard abilities are aplicable.
Battle of which I received the illegal Linoone: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-269872760
Linoone's Endgame Battle Card : https://gyazo.com/cd12934014d63d12cecf706b20d5ed35
Incorrect. Random Battle ignores incompatibilities.

Not sure if this is just a balanced hackmons thing, but the game treats my arceus-ghost as if it is an arceus-normal.

Here is the arceus set:
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Shift Gear

and here is a replay demonstrating what i mean:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-269952483
It does not have Multitype. It works correctly.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That would be correct.

What happens is that you can choose whichever forme Arceus displays as in battle, but the typing that comes with the forme will only come into effect if you have Multitype + corresponding plate. For any other case, it is simply a normal Arceus masquerading as the forme you chose.

Arceus-Ghost is the best type to do that with as you can guess so yeah.

I think Ditto isn’t implemented quite right with the mouse-hover information. After it transforms, the mouse-hover shows “Imposter” as the Ability instead of the Ability you have copied. Also the “your opponent sees:” part gets messed up; for example I Imposter’d an Intimidate, switched out, then switched back in on a different Ability and the “opponent sees” said I had Intimidate as an Ability (while mine said Imposter).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was playing hackmons cup and this happened.

Seed Flare should have had no effect on Pupitar (Rock-/Ground-type).

I don't know if this is just bad luck or what, but Poison Touch doesn't want to proc on my Muk. Even when I couple it with Poison Jab, no poison happens. I've made well over twenty hits with my Muk that could have poisoned the opponent's pokemon with no effect. I know I'm not very lucky when it comes to that sort of thing, but it's getting a little ridiculous, so I thought I would post it here. Sorry if it does end up being pure bad luck, but here's some additional information:

Muk set:
Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Punch
- Brick Break
- Shadow Sneak

A few replays:

Once again, I'm sorry if this turns out to be bad luck or I'm completely missing something, but it's a little suspicious for me to go this long without poisoning anything with this ability.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Looking through the first couple of replays and assuming the rest are legit cos I cbf, that's 9 chances of a 30% chance thing failing. Probability of that happening is 0.7^9=0.0404.. or in other words what happened was about 4% chance. I don't really consider that unlikely enough for it to be worth looking for whether it might be coded wrong. One time I had an event that had a chance of 0.00016% happen on PO so I reported that and it did turn out after some digging that there was a bug (in RBY the bug was fsr headbutt has like 77% chance of flinching rather than 30%) but about 4% is pretty high odds. You've just been a little unlucky yo. I mean it's not even that unlucky, it's little less than the chance of missing an air slash or sacred fire or something

I think Ditto isn’t implemented quite right with the mouse-hover information. After it transforms, the mouse-hover shows “Imposter” as the Ability instead of the Ability you have copied. Also the “your opponent sees:” part gets messed up; for example I Imposter’d an Intimidate, switched out, then switched back in on a different Ability and the “opponent sees” said I had Intimidate as an Ability (while mine said Imposter).
This should be fixed now.

Edit: I missed the part about Imposter showing up on your side even though the ability was revealed. What your opponent sees is probably fixed, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)