Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii said:
It's also confirmed that Japan will receive Pokémon Red, Green, Blue and Yellow and will also be released in a special bundle which comes with the download code and a map for 1,389¥
I wouldn't have said no to owning Green version, myself. I hadn't seen this mentioned in the stream, but the timestamp has it revealed during it.

I'm just so glad they finally decided to release a pokemon picross after the game was canceled 18 years ago. As a puzzle and pokemon fan, I find the combination a match made in heaven.

Now my question with the Gen 1 ports, will it still have like all the glitches from the originals?
The glitches were fixed in later versions of the games. For example the Spanish version of RBY didn't have any of the famous glitches. I had a friend that got Red version in spanish years later after the US(english) release and he couldn't find any of the glitch pokemon.

c̷͎̘̝̗̯̭̟̺ͪ̅̍͂͠L̷͎ͬ̏̈́͊̚͟͝O͎͇͉̖̝̱͈̤̭͒̿̆ͤͣ̚U͇͚̟͕̾ͩͥ̕Ḑ̧̹͚̩̗̻̮͚̝̰ͦͪ̆̚ ̪͓̰͉̖̼͓̟̄̎̎I̵̙̒̐̃ͤ͌͛̀ͫ̚ͅN̶̬̤̼̥̠͍̯̫̿͐ͪͧͪ͗ͬ͐ ̲̬͕̙̈́ͮ̋̾͞S̸͙̠̥͚̰ͦ̃̃̌ͫͩ̐͋̀͜M̢̯͇̺̝̓̎͡A͊̎̌̀̃ͭ̔͌҉̘̯͕̳̙S̝͓̻͕̬͎ͮ̾ͦ̏ͣͯͮ̌ͅḦ̴̼̜͓͎̩̝͖͙̖̊̆̓ͬ

*ahem*

Not too surprising there's no Pokémon Z reveal; I don't think they've done main series games announcements on Direct...? I'm slowly realizing I'll be buying Yellow instead of Z tho lol

The games are pretty worthless without the glitches that don't break them in half, because otherwise just play the remakes. If I'm going to play RBY, I better have glitches to abuse to justify playing an unbalanced game.
I mean, I'm going to play it for the nostalgia factor. I still like FRLG better and consider them the third best Pokémon games in my opinion - Colosseum being my favourite, Platinum my second - but... duuuuuude, come oooooon. Do you have to be so negative? This is literally Gen 1 on the eshop for what I'm assuming will be a really cheap price and bring back lots of nostalgia, just...

Regardless this is the Pokémon Z thread. Should probably keep discussion of rereleases elsewhere.

The only main interesting thing I could see coming out of this is if VC RBY fixes not only the gamebreaking glitches but also some of the other broken Gen I competitive battling mechanics, such as to make it more like Stadium 1.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
But muh Hyper Beam glitch.

Seriously though Hyper Beam glitch is something that should have been an actual mechanic. Plus I believe original RBY is more popular than Stadium as a competitive format, so making it more like Stadium doesn't sound like a huge draw to me.

The games are pretty worthless without the glitches that don't break them in half, because otherwise just play the remakes. If I'm going to play RBY, I better have glitches to abuse to justify playing an unbalanced game.
I just want the Missingno and Mew glitches to still be available. If they are, then I'm buying it.

Reactions: JES
Direct trolled so much... Pokken, new puzzle game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and... RBY ports. :D Buying Blue because I want too. Even if we have no Z news, I think we got a lot of good news.
I definitely didn't think the Star Fox thing was an announcement for No Man's Sky for Wii U. *cough*

This is ridiculous. They could've announced it now and it could come out in spring or summer 2016. After months and months of Zygarde this, Zygarde that, Z this, Z that. Guess what we get? A freaking virtual console cash grab. This is terrible marketing and all it does is deflate hype. Honestly, how are they even going to keep us hyped for Z if they announce it at this point? They've already blown their load on Zygarde. Only saving grace would be a new mega and maybe some new features.

Well I am never getting hyped for directs anymore. Expect nothing until January at the earliest.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As long as they keep broken x accuracy, 1/256, infinite freeze, toxic leech, hyper beam, explosion survival vs subs, and gen 1 critical hits, I'm happy with gen 1 rereleases.

I would've preferred stadium, but oh well

Here's the thing, though: weren't people begging for a RBY rerelease like, not too long ago?

Either way, I don't care one bit. Gen I is my least favorite gen by a mile and a half (come at me), and the only way it would appeal to me is if they actually fixed everything wrong with the code. Which would turn a ton of people off who wanted to relive the glitch-filled glory days.

EDIT: And hell, why rerelease Gen I? Why not instead just toss out 20th anniversary remakes? I'd gladly pick up a third trip to Kanto--we have Mega Evolution and the physical/special split, and I'd love to see how things look with those.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh god no Kanto remakes again; at least the originals have the aforementioned bugs, original battle mechanics for a different PVP experience, and is better nostalgia bait. If anything, a compilation re-release of the first 3-4 Gens (unaltered bar major bug fixes like the desync glitch or Acid Rain) in one cart a la the Mega Man Legacy Collection just announced would have made more sense for a 20th Anniversary title.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I can live without stuff like the Mew glitch (although it'd be amazing if it was included because in-game Mew) and Missingno etc. but imo they need to keep the Hyper Beam / critical hit / freeze / other battle mechanics. Apparently you can trade on these ports, was there any mention of battling? Imagine if we could have legit RBY battles on our 3DS's instead of having to use the simulator! (I can dream, right?)

No Z mention is pretty brutal of them, like others have said they've been teasing Zygarge stuff for soooooo long now, it doesn't really make sense to hold off this long imo. Their timeframe for announcing in general is so dumb, Hoopa has been on the official site for months are is just starting to trickle out in events around the world (no australian ones tho). This of course means that a later announcement means a later release, so I don't don't think we'll be seeing Z until summer / fall at least (july/august for my southern hemisphere friends). It might be even later, like in october/november like XY/ORAS were....

As for the rest of the direct (it that's allowed in the Z thread), I'm still pretty hyped for Pokken, new Star Fox, Mario Tennis, and that F zero X looking thing. Might have to find a cheap Wii U on eBay or something since I still don't have one

edit: oh yeah MD I wanna get that too

Wish I could have been on IRC when the direct was on, I bet that outcry of "WHERE'S Z!!!??" would have been fun to join in on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)