Battle Spot Kanto Classic RMT - Peaked at #1 on the ladder!

Hey there. I've been playing Kanto Classic, under the account Dux_Knight and Kanto Fanto, which, at the time of posting, are tied for first place in Elo (1552 at the moment). I'm not overly interested in keeping first place indefinitely, but this metagame has been a ton of fun to play, so I thought I would share my team to spread information. I don't visit these forums often, so my apologies if this is slightly informal. Anyway, onto the team!

At a glance

Clefable
Ability: Unaware
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight

When I began making this team before the Kanto Classic format was even implemented on Showdown, I knew Clefable would be necessary to compete in Kanto Classic. The threat of DD Dragonite is too big to go without it. I've forgone Moonblast in favor of Ice Beam, since it has much more valuable coverage, I find, and OHKO's Dragonite after Stealth Rock. Thunderbolt creates BoltBeam coverage, while Moonlight keeps it alive and Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock.

Depending on the opposing team, I will sometimes lead with this, if I believe it is safe to do so. If they're lacking Dragonite or other obvious problematic setup sweepers, this can be sacrificed at some point to keep other key Pokemon alive, but in general, Clefable is a good team player, able to hit many Pokemon Super-Effectively, and it has surprise value in that coverage most of the time.

Snorlax
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Whirlwind
- Self-Destruct

Snorlax, in my opinion, is the single best Pokemon in this metagame. The amount of roles he can fill is astounding, and the immediate threat he brings when he hits the field is unlike most other Pokemon in the game. Body Slam provides a great STAB with a 30% chance of Paralysis, and this chance can be so huge in dealing with would-be counters on the switch. Pursuit puts many top threats in a 50/50 situation, such as Alakazam, Starmie, and Gengar. Whirlwind provides phazing for the team, should it need it in an emergency to stop full BP teams, and Self-Destruct is, well, destructive when Snorlax's use is nearing expiration.

Snorlax serves as a stop to Shell Smash Cloyster through sheer power alone after it has smashed, with Thick Fat reducing damage from Icicle Spear, and taking negligible damage from Rock Blast. Snorlax can switch in on most special attackers and force a switch, giving you a chance to spread Paralysis around the opposing team. The only real problems I've run into with this is Will-o-Wisp Gengar, and even then, you can keep Pursuiting it to put on pressure with its paper-thin defenses. I had Crunch over Whirlwind at first, but you really need some phazing in this metagame to stop full BP.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Gengar's immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Ground makes him a very valuable Pokemon to have around. Sludge Bomb provides Gengar with a method of dealing heavy damage to Clefable, which you'll see on almost every top level player. Shadow Ball allows you to deal damage to the plethora of Psychic types this metagame has to offer, and allows you a secondary STAB to hit things like Nidoking on the switch. Substitute provides you a status buffer and allows you to scout if that Snorlax is trying to Pursuit you. It can also be helpful in blocking damage while Poison from Sludge Bomb racks up if necessary.

The last slot is odd... Sucker Punch on Gengar's paltry Attack stat seems backwards, but it allows Gengar to do a few neat things. Firstly, it deals around 50-63% to standard Alakazam if you need a desperation finisher for them, and since it's unexpected, most Zam will just attempt to attack you, lest they take a Shadow Ball to the face. Second, it allows you to mess with Sucker Punch Nidoking, especially if they switch in as you Substitute, and creates a mind-game situation that puts you in the advantage because you're faster and have more options for a win condition than Nidoking does.

I've opted to stay Timid because you really don't want a 10% loss of bulk on either side, and Sucker Punch is so situational that if you need it, you need to be playing with it in mind (not sure how to explain this better, but for example, if they have a full health Zam you need to weaken to get your own full health Zam in safely, you can use Sucker Punch to bring them down to about ~50%, then bring your Zam in safely since you don't die to a Shadow Ball at full health unless they crit).

Machamp
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

As I said, Snorlax is the best Pokemon in the metagame, and if you don't have an immediate answer for it, you're probably going to lose. Machamp serves to add pressure that Snorlax just can't handle. DynamicPunch is your STAB move, used to eliminate Snorlax as fast as possible, and how quickly it brings him down is dependent on their spread and how many times, if any, they've Cursed. You generally win the exchange unless you can't get Machamp in fast enough. DynamicPunch lso adds confusion, and this alone makes switching into Machamp a nightmare that can cause games to be lost on a coin toss. Poison Jab applies pressure to common switch-ins, such as Clefable and Slowbro (assuming the 30% triggers). Stone Edge has great power and coverage, and it's relieving to use it in a setting where it cannot miss. Bullet Punch provides you a priority move, and it's so useful. It deals around 35-40% to Alakazam, and allows you to pick off faster Pokemon that have been weakened. Also helps if you've been wearing down a Clefable that has used Thunder Wave on you.

The EVs are set to outspeed 0 Speed Clefable, but you could even go as high as 56 if you want to ensure you outspeed most Clefable (few run higher than 8 Speed from what I've observed), but then it gets into Speed creep and you lose overall bulk on both sides.

Alakazam
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
- Substitute

Alakazam is fast, and it has tools to really mess with other Pokemon. Psyshock is the STAB of choice here, as it does the most to most of the things that would give Zam trouble, such as Snorlax, Chansey, and CM Clefable. Speaking of CM Clefable, Encore forces it out. In combination with Substitute, Encore can put a stop to many Pokemon, forcing switches. Good examples are Curse Snorlax, Stealth Rock mostly anything, anything attempting Thunder Wave that is slower than you, etc. Shadow Ball is for dealing with other Psychic types. Pretty basic stuff on this one, but it's quite effective. Also makes a decent lead against most Nidoking/Queen if they lead with Stealth Rock or Sucker Punch.

Slowbro
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

This Pokemon slot, man... it started as Shell Smash Cloyster, went to Jolteon, Magneton, Dugtrio, and now it's Slowbro. Slowbro serves many functions, serving as a good switch-in for Machamp, Cloyster, and Dragonite. Scald and Psyshock provide STAB options that both have benefits. Slack Off keeps you healthy, and Thunder Wave cripples many opposing Pokemon. The EVs sacrifice 1 HP for 2 extra Sp. Attack at level 50.

So there's my team. It's certainly not unbeatable or perfect, but I've found great success with it, and figured I'd share. Feel free to leave constructive feedback and such!

Last edited:
Quite the interesting team. Generic looking, but so many sets you just never see. TBH I'm kinda surprised you've reached the top of the ladder, though deviating from the norm can get you lots of surprise KOs, and nothing on here seems "bad,", really.

I'm a bit surprised you don't think you can afford to go Naive on Gengar. Yea, the boost to Sucker Punch's strength is very low, practically negligible, but what can bulk do for Gengar? I guess you can go either way with that. Sludge Bomb over Clear Smog seems questionable to me. I guess you have two other ok answers to Clef, but she's taken the meta by storm so an extra way to deal with her is always a good idea. I don't think you lose much forgoing Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball is almost as strong, your main special attack cause of things like Nidoking that resist and Slowbro which is weak, and Gengar isn't bulky enough to hang around and wait for the poison chance. Clear Smog also helps with other boosters that are still slower like CurseLax, though keep in mind it doesn't wipe away Stockpile boosts.

For Snorlax, I'm not sure about Pursuit. I'm just generally not fond of the move. It's not particularly strong, and does negligible damage to most everything if the foe doesn't try to switch out. Sure you trap Zam, Gengar, and Starmie, and I guess that's nice for switching on on them, but...I think I talked myself into it lol. Whirlwind and Self-Destruct are really interesting moves too.

Is Shadow Ball on Zam a good idea? I'd expect Disable, though I guess it's not mandatory. But isn't Energy Ball better? Gengar is weak to your STAB, and Starmie and Slowbro are weak to grass. You lose the hit on enemy Zam, but chances are they don't have Shadow Ball themselves to press the advantage, and EB gets a harder hit on Cloyster, Golem, Rhydon, and...other stuff.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quite the interesting team. Generic looking, but so many sets you just never see. TBH I'm kinda surprised you've reached the top of the ladder, though deviating from the norm can get you lots of surprise KOs, and nothing on here seems "bad,", really.

I'm a bit surprised you don't think you can afford to go Naive on Gengar. Yea, the boost to Sucker Punch's strength is very low, practically negligible, but what can bulk do for Gengar? I guess you can go either way with that. Sludge Bomb over Clear Smog seems questionable to me. I guess you have two other ok answers to Clef, but she's taken the meta by storm so an extra way to deal with her is always a good idea. I don't think you lose much forgoing Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball is almost as strong, your main special attack cause of things like Nidoking that resist and Slowbro which is weak, and Gengar isn't bulky enough to hang around and wait for the poison chance. Clear Smog also helps with other boosters that are still slower like CurseLax, though keep in mind it doesn't wipe away Stockpile boosts.

For Snorlax, I'm not sure about Pursuit. I'm just generally not fond of the move. It's not particularly strong, and does negligible damage to most everything if the foe doesn't try to switch out. Sure you trap Zam, Gengar, and Starmie, and I guess that's nice for switching on on them, but...I think I talked myself into it lol. Whirlwind and Self-Destruct are really interesting moves too.

Is Shadow Ball on Zam a good idea? I'd expect Disable, though I guess it's not mandatory. But isn't Energy Ball better? Gengar is weak to your STAB, and Starmie and Slowbro are weak to grass. You lose the hit on enemy Zam, but chances are they don't have Shadow Ball themselves to press the advantage, and EB gets a harder hit on Cloyster, Golem, Rhydon, and...other stuff.
Shadow Ball also hits Magneton neutrally which is a big one.

---

Richard and Blaziken congrats on topping the leaderboard! I hope your success translates into the actual competition. However, I do have a couple of suggestions.

BoltBeam on Clefable to me feels like a wasted moveslot. Both Dragonite and Gyardos can be beaten with Thunder Wave + Moonblast, and then you have paralysis support and a STAB move with few resists. Those that do resist it (Gengar, Tentacruel, Venusaur, Nidos, Magneton) are things you don't want Clefable infront of anyway. So definitely give it some thought.

Do you find Self Destruct being used a lot on Snorlax? I find he benefits more from the longevity that Rest provides. I use it without Sleep Talk on mine and find it really good.

Good to see you having success with the same Slowbro build as me, I've tested dropping both Psyshock and Scald for Calm Mind, but found the coverage of mono-attacking Bro to be lacking. Psyshock was definitely the better of the two though so if you ever do want to try Calm Mind, drop Scald...

Shadow Ball also hits Magneton neutrally which is a big one.

---

Richard and Blaziken congrats on topping the leaderboard! I hope your success translates into the actual competition. However, I do have a couple of suggestions.

BoltBeam on Clefable to me feels like a wasted moveslot. Both Dragonite and Gyardos can be beaten with Thunder Wave + Moonblast, and then you have paralysis support and a STAB move with few resists. Those that do resist it (Gengar, Tentacruel, Venusaur, Nidos, Magneton) are things you don't want Clefable infront of anyway. So definitely give it some thought.

Do you find Self Destruct being used a lot on Snorlax? I find he benefits more from the longevity that Rest provides. I use it without Sleep Talk on mine and find it really good.

Good to see you having success with the same Slowbro build as me, I've tested dropping both Psyshock and Scald for Calm Mind, but found the coverage of mono-attacking Bro to be lacking. Psyshock was definitely the better of the two though so if you ever do want to try Calm Mind, drop Scald...
I don't think about Magneton. Never really see it, and it kinda sucks. This specific team though does have more of a problem with it, so I guess it's different. That said, Magneton is still not a friend to Zam. I say Shadow Ball is roughly equal to Energy Ball in viability.

I agree on Clef's moveset change. BoltBeam helps more for ground types, but only 4 EVs in SpA and no way to boost means it's pretty weak in general.

I copied this guy's Snorlax-just with specialized EVs Ofc lol-and it's been really great. Huge fan of Pursuit in this guy. Whirlwind is pretty great especially since my Rock setter is now more reliable, and you couldn't argue with Body Slam on a non Curse set even if Minimize Clef wasn't a thing. Self-Destruct is pretty great. In the past I've used Rest w/o Sleep Talk, but I think a Snirlax that isn't gonna be Cursing before Resting will have a hard time waiting out the sleep. That's not to say there aren't other good options, Ofc, but I vote no on Rest. Sorry!

Narcissist Lol not really. That Slowbro set seems like the best one, really. Mono Psychic coverage is good, but I think Slowbro has a hard time setting up with CM thanks to stuff like Jolteon, Whirlwind Snorlax, and Gengar. Also Encore Zam.

Well, my laptop died and I got a full-time job so I never even saw all these replies! Thanks much, everyone! Let's see here...

In my opinion, Sludge Bomb is non-negotiable on Gengar, it just deals such hefty damage and makes switching into it a nightmare. Snorlax can Whirlwind out Minimize Clef in an emergency, and Sludge Bomb Sub Gengar generally beats CM Clef before Clef can do much in my experience.

All heil PursuitLax! It's so great for removing frail Psychic types. This Snorlax is filling a support role in dealing with specific threats, and it needs Pursuit to be effective at it.

I actually had Energy Ball on Zam for a while. My logic for switching is actually to ease prediction. Simply put, too many common threats can switch into Grass for free for me to be comfortable with it.

As for Moonblast, I just don't see a need to run it at all. Thunder Wave can be useful, and I ran the set you mentioned for a brief period, but I find BoltBeam much, much more effective in punishing switches.

I explode Snorlax's guts everywhere on a consistent basis, yep! I'd be wary of mono-Rest, it's a free switch to Machamp asleep, and even with Slowbro, confusion is quite annoying. Getting Selfdestruct off on something like a weakened Slowbro can turn the tide of a game considerably, and knowing when to ditch Snorlax can push your momentum strongly.

Of all the suggestions listed, I may try the Clef set again, but I've found BoltBeam to be quite valuable in punishing switches to things like Nidoking, Venusaur, and Gengar. I might try Psychic > Thunderbolt for punishing certain switches better, but I think this is fine as is.

Sorry about the lack of quotes and probable typos, I am typing this from Wii U, and it's pretty terrible lol

Well, my laptop died and I got a full-time job so I never even saw all these replies! Thanks much, everyone! Let's see here...

In my opinion, Sludge Bomb is non-negotiable on Gengar, it just deals such hefty damage and makes switching into it a nightmare. Snorlax can Whirlwind out Minimize Clef in an emergency, and Sludge Bomb Sub Gengar generally beats CM Clef before Clef can do much in my experience.

All heil PursuitLax! It's so great for removing frail Psychic types. This Snorlax is filling a support role in dealing with specific threats, and it needs Pursuit to be effective at it.

I actually had Energy Ball on Zam for a while. My logic for switching is actually to ease prediction. Simply put, too many common threats can switch into Grass for free for me to be comfortable with it.

As for Moonblast, I just don't see a need to run it at all. Thunder Wave can be useful, and I ran the set you mentioned for a brief period, but I find BoltBeam much, much more effective in punishing switches.

I explode Snorlax's guts everywhere on a consistent basis, yep! I'd be wary of mono-Rest, it's a free switch to Machamp asleep, and even with Slowbro, confusion is quite annoying. Getting Selfdestruct off on something like a weakened Slowbro can turn the tide of a game considerably, and knowing when to ditch Snorlax can push your momentum strongly.

Of all the suggestions listed, I may try the Clef set again, but I've found BoltBeam to be quite valuable in punishing switches to things like Nidoking, Venusaur, and Gengar. I might try Psychic > Thunderbolt for punishing certain switches better, but I think this is fine as is.

Sorry about the lack of quotes and probable typos, I am typing this from Wii U, and it's pretty terrible lol
I've already been convinced on Sludge Bomb>Clear Smog, so I take that back.

I actually like Crunch over Pursuit on Slax. Pursuit trapping stuff like Gengar is unreliable since it may stay in and WoW, while Zam will never come in in the first place. Crunch also can drop the foe's Def, which helps with Zapdos in particular.

I'd disagree with you on Shadow Ball>Energy Ball on Zam. I see your logic, but besides hitting more Pokes hard than Shadow Ball, Energy Ball is at least as good if not better for switch ins in general. Slax is immune to Shadow Ball, and takes at least a little from Energy Ball, and may have its SpD dropped a stage. It's also probably the best switch in to Zam, so that's worth noting. Zam will never switch in to mirror you, so the SE on it isn't important for switch ins. Same goes for Starmie and Slowbro, unless they have sufficient bulk and know they're switching into aPsyshock or a non damaging move. Vaporeon and Lapras are two examples of decent switch ins to Zam that fear an Energy Ball-at least more than a Psyshock or a Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball also hits nothing for 4x SE damage, while EB hits quite a few things for 4x damage(most of them are pretty rare, but still.) Mainly there's the fact that everything Shadow Ball hits is either really rare(and still doesn't take that much, such as Hypno and Mr.Mime. Jynx takes a lot but is also extremely rare,) hit by EB just as hard(Starmie and Slowbro,) or not something Zam checks or counters very well in the first place(enemy Zam.)

I think Self-destruct on Slax is fine. My main concern is can you get one on cart. Bit of a chore to get it, and since the move isn't even that good idk if it's worth the effort.

There are definitely other options on Clef than the standard, and BoltBeam is a very interesting one. I think it's pretty weird but I'm not gonna outright say it's bad. You did get to#1 on the ladder :P

I've actually brought Snorlax in on Zam many times, Pursuit really puts it, as well as Starmie, in a checkmate scenario. It's too valuable to even consider dropping imo. I do miss Crunch, but Whirlwind is too essential in stopping full BP.

I can see your logic there, and after looking through the Kanto Dex, Magneton, and physically defensive Arcanine are really the only things that switch in easier without Shadow Ball, besides Mime and Hypno. Zam takes over 50% from Psyshock, so he's not a concern since both Shadow Ball and Psyshock 2HKO. You've convinced me, Energy Ball it is!

I actually just finished breeding my Self-destruct Muchlax! What a pain in the ass that was, but luckily the parent had every egg move I needed, so it was just a matter of waiting for Adamant nature and the right IVs to pop up. Self-destruct is amazing on Snorlax in this format, can't wait to level the field with it!

And finally, I can definitely understand why people are skeptical of BoltBeam when you have Moonblast, but I've found it very useful so I'm sticking by it haha.

Thanks for all the nice comments to everyone in the thread, glad to see Smogon's reputation isn't true of all members! :P

I've actually brought Snorlax in on Zam many times, Pursuit really puts it, as well as Starmie, in a checkmate scenario. It's too valuable to even consider dropping imo. I do miss Crunch, but Whirlwind is too essential in stopping full BP.

I can see your logic there, and after looking through the Kanto Dex, Magneton, and physically defensive Arcanine are really the only things that switch in easier without Shadow Ball, besides Mime and Hypno. Zam takes over 50% from Psyshock, so he's not a concern since both Shadow Ball and Psyshock 2HKO. You've convinced me, Energy Ball it is!

I actually just finished breeding my Self-destruct Muchlax! What a pain in the ass that was, but luckily the parent had every egg move I needed, so it was just a matter of waiting for Adamant nature and the right IVs to pop up. Self-destruct is amazing on Snorlax in this format, can't wait to level the field with it!

And finally, I can definitely understand why people are skeptical of BoltBeam when you have Moonblast, but I've found it very useful so I'm sticking by it haha.

Thanks for all the nice comments to everyone in the thread, glad to see Smogon's reputation isn't true of all members! :P
Yay I convinced you! Also, Pursuit from Slax doesn't OHKO Starmie from full health(bulky or not.)

I think you should drop the Def investment on Clef to 228 EVs so you can have 28 SpA. If you're gonna run coverage rather than the normal Clef stuff you'll want a little more power(it's really not much and may not even make a difference, but mayb you can find a set for Clef that makes use of her stats better.)

I was gonna suggest Moonblast + Shadow Ball over BoltBeam on Clef for the perfect coverage, but Moonblast's coverage is practically perfect anyways, so Shadow Ball wouldn't do much.

I think Moonblast and Psyshock would be good. Not that much really cares about T-Bolt in general-especially a weakish non STAB one-Psyshock hits everything you mentioned Ice Beam is for(and harder in some cases,) and Moonblast is 90 BP with STAB and a 30% chance to drop the foe's SpA a stage(Clef ignores this Ofc but teammates can make use of it.

Also, you didn't mention it but I take back the suggestion for Naive on Gengar. Gengar may not be bulky, but it likes to try to be. I'm running a lot of defensive EVs on mine and have done better for it. A Naive or Rash nature(mine is Modest,) would hurt that severely, in particular making me take more from Venu(Guga Drain would then break my sub very often.)

EDIT: EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Def / 44 SpD / 4 Spe my EV spread on Snorlax(Adamant Ofc,) it's a little better than yours since Slax's high HP relative to its defenses means max HP is
less effective than running some in Def. Atk doesn't miss out on snything and Spe to creep.

Two other little nitpick so are you'll want to speed creep a little more with Machamp-so long as it doesn't hurt bulk significantly-and switch the HP and Def investment on Slowbro(or run that nifty specially defensive spread Vengeance417 made.)

Last edited:
Nah, it doesn't KO, but it prevents Starmie from being an effective spinner, which is the main reason to even use it.

One of my main reasons for keeping Bolt is so I'm not walled by Slowbro, and I feel Ice Beam is far more valuable than Moonblast in this meta where Moonblast is really only useful for Machamp, and I have Slowbro. I'm not willing to reduce Clef's bulk at all, since Adamant Dragonite, despite being a subpar choice, can sometimes fail to 2HKO with Iron Head if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I was going to mention that about Gengar actually, just slipped my mind. Having decent Subs helps a lot.

I'm sure that spread is probably more effective on Snorlax, but I'd have to run calcs with no laptop, and my in-game one is already trained, aaand this full-time job is quite exhausting haha.

I've bumped my in-game Machamp to 48 EVs, but that's as high as I feel is needed. I'll check Slowbro later, see what the difference ends up being. Thanks!

Nah, it doesn't KO, but it prevents Starmie from being an effective spinner, which is the main reason to even use it.

One of my main reasons for keeping Bolt is so I'm not walled by Slowbro, and I feel Ice Beam is far more valuable than Moonblast in this meta where Moonblast is really only useful for Machamp, and I have Slowbro. I'm not willing to reduce Clef's bulk at all, since Adamant Dragonite, despite being a subpar choice, can sometimes fail to 2HKO with Iron Head if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I was going to mention that about Gengar actually, just slipped my mind. Having decent Subs helps a lot.

I'm sure that spread is probably more effective on Snorlax, but I'd have to run calcs with no laptop, and my in-game one is already trained, aaand this full-time job is quite exhausting haha.

I've bumped my in-game Machamp to 48 EVs, but that's as high as I feel is needed. I'll check Slowbro later, see what the difference ends up being. Thanks!
Moonblast does have pretty bad SE coverage I guess. It's the main attack for Clef because of its good mono coverage, STAB, and chance to lower SpA. But not required.

Adamant DNite has a 52.3% chance to 2HKO 252/228 Clef, while 252/252 Clef has only a 33.6% chance to be 2HKOd. However, I noticed 252/2444 has that same low chance to be 2HKOd, and would let you run the tiniest bit of extra SpA-or speed creep.

I don't think the set on Slax costs you very much, so don't feel like you have to worry about it.

48 is divisible by 8, so at level 50 it won't make Machamp's speed stat any different than 44 EVs unless your IV is an even number(and it really should be an odd-31-number.)

I'm not sure there even will be much of a difference on Slowbro, however it's higher Def than HP and the fact that HP slightly helps special bulky too means I think it'd rather have a point there than in Def, tho the change is not important so again you don't have to worry about it.

EDIT: EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Def / 44 SpD / 4 Spe my EV spread on Snorlax(Adamant Ofc,) it's a little better than yours since Slax's high HP relative to its defenses means max HP is less effective than running some in Def. Atk doesn't miss out on snything and Spe to creep.
This EV spread uses 22 EVs more than alotted. Where did you intend to take those extra EVs from?

This EV spread uses 22 EVs more than alotted. Where did you intend to take those extra EVs from?
Oops, I guess then just 20 SpD since that investment isn't very important anyways. Otherwise is the EV spread good?

EDIT: messed up the EV spread, Atk is 236 instead. This still has the same chance to 3HKO Clef, and doesn't really lose anything.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)