Fusion Evolution V2 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNA Donors: Volcanion + Volcanion
Offspring Name: Volcactus
Type: Fire / Grass
Base Stats: 77 / 98 / 103 (+10) / 138 (+20) / 98 (+10) / 65
Ability: Water Absorb
Notable moves: Steam Eruption, Will-O-Wisp, Spiky Shield, Spikes, Fire Blast, Giga Drain, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Sucker Punch
Role identification: Bulky Water check.

The word of the day is "bulk"
Parents: Ferrothorn+Steelix
Shared egg group: Mineral
Offspring name: Steelthorn
New type: Steel/Grass
New base stats: 85/100/176/65/101/35
New ability and desc: Durable Barbs (Sturdy+Iron Barbs): Survives fatal attacks from full HP with 1 health. Enemy contact moves deal 1/8th HP to attacker.
Notable moves: Leech Seed, Automotize, Dragon Tail, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Gyro Ball
Role identification: See Mega. While it is a good tank on its own, its claim to fame is the Mega.

Parents:
Shared egg group:
Offspring name:
Steelthorn-Mega
New base stats: 85/140/202/65/131/35
New ability and desc: Sand Force
Notable moves: Same as above
Role identification: This is basically regular Mega Steelix, but with a superior defensive typing, less Defense, and more Attack and Special Defense. Though, walling isn't all it's good for, as evidenced by its 140 base Attack. Try not to get hit by its Gyro Ball.

Parents: Aegislash+Registeel
Shared egg group: DNA
Offspring name: Aegisteel
New type: Steel/Ghost
New base stats: 70/63/170(+20)/63/170(+20)/55
New ability and desc: Clear Stance (Clear Body + Stance Change) - Switches to Blade Stance when attacking, switches to Shield Stance when using King's Shield. Prevents this Pokemon from having it's stats lowered in Shield Stance.
Notable moves: Gyro Ball, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Hone Claws
Role identification: This is basically Aegislash but better in most regards. While it still has the issue of a lack of reliable recovery, it doesn't matter as much. Its relatively low Speed allows it to abuse Gyro Ball even better than regular Aegislash ever could.

Last edited:

Parents: Scizor + Escavalier
Shared egg group: Bug
Offspring name: Scivalier
New type: Bug/Steel
New base stats: 85 / 147 / 117 / 72 / 107 / 57
New ability and desc: Swarm
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Fell Stinger, Defog, Knock Off, Drill Run, Roost
Role identification: Use the Mega

Offspring name: Mega Scivalier
New base stats: 85 / 167 / 157 / 82 / 127 / 67
New ability and desc: Technician
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Fell Stinger, Defog, Knock Off, Drill Run, Roost
Role identification: Mega Scizor with less speed (which doesn't really matter because Bullet Punch), and better everything else.

Last edited:
The word of the day is "bulk"
New ability and desc: Durable Barbs (Sturdy+Iron Barbs): Survives fatal attacks from full HP with 1 health. Enemy contact moves deal 1/8th HP to attacker.
Notable moves: Leech Seed, Automotize, Dragon Tail, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Spikes
Role identification: See Mega. While it is a good tank on its own, its claim to fame is the Mega.

Parents:
Shared egg group:
Offspring name:
Steelthorn-Mega
Role identification: This is basically regular Mega Steelix, but with a superior defensive typing, less Defense, and more Attack and Special Defense. Though, walling isn't all it's good for, as evidenced by its 140 base Attack.
Oh man.. and this thing also gets gyro ball! Shame about the enormous fire weakness with all the terrifying fusions being mostly fire type.

Offspring name: Scivalier
New base stats: 85 / 147 / 117 / 72 / 107 / 57
Role identification: Use the Mega

Offspring name: Mega Scivalier
New base stats: 85 / 167 / 157 / 82 / 127 / 67
Role identification: Mega Scizor with less speed (which doesn't really matter because Bullet Punch), and better everything else.
Escavalier does not have access to technician.

Parents: Durant + Scizor
Shared Egg Group: Bug
Offspring Name: Cazantor
New Type: Bug/Steel
New Base Stats: 74/130/116/62/74/97
New Ability and Description: Precision (Hustle + Technician): Physical moves under 75 BP gain a x2 Damage Multiplier and other physical moves gain a 1.33x damage multiplier. All moves have their accuracy decreased by 10%
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Bullet Punch, U-Turn, Brick Break, Knock Off, Night Slash, Rock Slide, Thunder Fang, Shadow Claw
Role Identification: An offensive Scizor, and what's not to like about that? With the boost to Technician's effect (a minor drop in accuracy notwithstanding), Cazantor becomes brutally effective as both a fast-Turning scout and a lategame cleaner, with Rock Slide in particular destroying anything put in front of it and Bullet Punch helping to take care of unpleasant sorts. Night Slash and Shadow Claw become terrifying - 140 BP moves with additional crit chance are Very Not Fun to deal with - and the bulky Water-types that litter the upper tiers tend not to be huge fans of a 130 BP Electric-type move with additional flinch chance. You can run a Swords Dance or Hone Claws boosting set as well, but there's also the choice of a Choice Band to brutalize attacking types. Lastly, Precision means you can destroy Heatran with Brick Break, which is always nice.
---
Offspring Name: Mega Cazantor
New Base Stats: 74/150/156/72/94/107
New Ability: Technician
Notable Moves: As Mega Scizor
Role Identification: ... Why are you using this 'mon? The Mega is actually worse. Get with the program, lads.

Last edited:
I saw that, which is why I edited my original post for this voting period. However, since I'd had a new idea, I wanted to advertise that fact and show off the new fusion rather than have it be lost in the shuffle, so to speak. =]

I saw that, which is why I edited my original post for this voting period. However, since I'd had a new idea, I wanted to advertise that fact and show off the new fusion rather than have it be lost in the shuffle, so to speak. =]
The problem with that is that if that's allowed, everyone would just post new fusions in new posts to give them more attention. There'd be no reason not to, and so the thread would just become cluttered again. However, since links back to previous posts are included in the Voting Phase post, and most people will normally look back through all posts of that phase in order to find 10 they want to vote for, so worrying about your fusion being 'lost in the shuffle' isn't really an issue (personally, I don't really look at fusions too closely until the voting phase, as I usually forget most of the earlier one's selling points by then).

So yeah, to those who have been making new posts for each fusion, please do try and keep to one post in the future.

The problem with that is that if that's allowed, everyone would just post new fusions in new posts to give them more attention. There'd be no reason not to, and so the thread would just become cluttered again. However, since links back to previous posts are included in the Voting Phase post, and most people will normally look back through all posts of that phase in order to find 10 they want to vote for, so worrying about your fusion being 'lost in the shuffle' isn't really an issue (personally, I don't really look at fusions too closely until the voting phase, as I usually forget most of the earlier one's selling points by then).

So yeah, to those who have been making new posts for each fusion, please do try and keep to one post in the future.
You raise excellent points and I apologise for the error of judgement. I mean, maybe I shouldn't be proud of the design, because it's mostly about making non-Mega Scizor even more bullshit than it already is, but I kind of am and I wanted to spur some discussion on the submissions if possible. Regardless, it was daft of me to clutter the thread up.

Alrighty, here's my submissions for this round (mostly reposts):

DNA Donors: Kyurem + Liepard
Offspring Name: Kyurepard
New typing: Dragon/Dark
New base stats: 95/119/70/119/70/121 (+10 Atk, +10 SpA, +20 Spe) (594 BST)
New Ability + description: Pressure + Unburden = Demoralize (Opposing Pokemon have their Speed halved as long as they are holding items)
Notable moves: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Roost, Hone Claws, Knock Off, Dragon Claw, Gunk Shot, Play Rough, Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Sucker Punch, Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, U-turn, Trick
Role identification: This is much like Infernape, except stronger, faster, bulkier, and with Hydreigon's typing. Also like Infernape, this has the ability to go either physical or special, or even mixed if you so desire. While Kyurepard's Ability might seem overpowering, it only affects foes which still have their items. It also does not protect Kyurepard from priority, a good amount of which hits it super-effectively. Kyurepard's bulk is also lacking, meaning that even a fairly strong neutral hit is going to do a lot of damage.

DNA Donors: Metagross + Hitmonlee
Offspring Name: Metanlee
New typing: Steel/Fighting
New base stats: 75/138/102/65/100/89 (+10 HP, +10 Atk, +10 Def, +10 Spe) (569 BST)
New Ability + description: Clear Body + Reckless = Reckless Body (The bearer's attacks with recoil or crash damage have 1.1x power and have no recoil/crash damage)
Notable moves: Agility, Meteor Mash, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Knock Off, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Blaze Kick, Mach Punch, Stealth Rock
Role identification: As good as this is, you're mostly going to be using this for its Mega.

DNA Donors: Metagross + Hitmonlee
Offspring Name: Mega Metanlee
New typing: Steel/Fighting
New base stats: 75/148/122/75/120/129 (669 BST)
New Ability + description: Tough Claws
Notable moves: Everything listed above
Role identification: Good bulk, a massive 148 base Attack backed by Tough Claws, and 129 base Speed coupled with Bullet Punch/Mach Punch to be almost entirely sure it hits you before you hit it make Mega Metanlee a fearsome threat in FE. Besides that, there's its move-pool, its typing, and pretty much everything about it actually. If this doesn't get voted, I'm gonna be sad. (actually, probably not, I'm just gonna shrug my shoulders and move on, but please do vote for this!)

More coming later.

Alright, it's been a week, so I'm going to call the submission phase closed, and move on to voting! Same rules as always, pick the 10 submission you like the best to vote for. You may vote for your own, but please focus on what you would actually want to see in the metagame. Joke fusions are fun, but would you use Wailcatty? Voting will be open until Tuesday afternoon.

Edit: There was a hiccup in getting one user's fusions posted here. They've been added to the end of the list, so take a look again if you haven't yet!

My Votes:
Ferrothorn/Steelix
Meloetta/Porygon2
Poliwrath/Greninja
Gallade/Banette
Aurorus/Tyrantrum
Seismitoad/Omastar
Sandslash/Samurott
Lilligant/Hoopa
Scrafty/Altaria
Volcarona/Volcanion

Last edited:
Ferrothorn/Steelix
Durant/Scizor
Slaking/Torkoal
Toxicroak/Electivire
Seismitoad/Omastar
Celebi/Drifblim
Poliwrath/Greninja
Regice/Aegislash
Gallade/Banette
Aurorus/Tyrantrum

Durant/Scizor
Ferrothorn/Steelix
(obligatory self-vote)
Gallade/Banette
Scrafty/Altaria
Cherrim/Manaphy
Nidoqueen/Venomoth
Metagross/Crawdaunt
Regice/Aegislash
Torkoal/Slaking
Lucario/Alakazam

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Slaking/Torkoal
Lucario/Alakazam
Durant/Scizor
Gallade/Banette
Metagross/Crawdaunt
Celebi/Drifblim
Walrein/Hippowdon
Regice/Aegislash
Scrafty/Altaria
Camelrupt/Rhyperior

VOTE FOR TORKING AND SCARIA!!!

(Slaking/Torkoal and Scrafty/Altaria respectively)

Scrafty/Altaria
Latios/Zoroark
Pidgeot/Regice
Celebi/Drifblim
Nidoqueen/Venomoth
Lucario/Alakazam
Tyranitar/Terrakion
Meloetta/Porygon2
Aurorus/Tyrantrum
Porygon2/Castform

Last edited:
Before I cast my votes, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who's voted for Cazantor (Durant/Scizor). Not only am I rather proud of it, but this was my first time doing any fusions at all, and I'm grateful to you all for welcoming me. =]

Right, voting time:-
Durant/Scizor (Self-voting and bandwagoning; CCC, you are classy...)
Pidgeot/Regice
Celebi/Driflim
Linoone/Lopunny
Tyranitar/Terrakion
(Bring forth the half-mon.)
Lucario/Alakazam (Partly I'm curious as to just how hard it counters Cazantor, partly I'm wondering about how Lucarionite would affect it if it wasn't banned.)
Nidoqueen/Venomoth
Aurorus/Tyrantrum
Golurk/Barbaracle

What a great slate this is! There are too many awesome fusions to choose from...

Anyway, my votes:
Thundurus-Incarnate/Flareon
Sandslash/Samurott
Tyranitar/Terrakion
Durant/Scizor
Klinklang/Rapidash
Lucario/Alakazam
Ferrothorn/Steelix
Regirock/Zygarde
Porygon2/Castform
Nidoqueen/Venomoth

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Castform/Porygon2 (More ways of making Castform useful, yey)
Gallade/Banette (Why isn't this a thing yet???)
Scrafty/Altaria (Amazing typing, movepool and stats)
Durant/Scizor (This is so good, it shouldn't even be allowed lol jk)
Volcarona/Volcanion (Ultimate anti-fire mon, we need more of these)
Lilligant/Hoopa (Impressive ability+moves)
Lucario/Alakazam (< self-votes \/, also thanks for the support on these)
Regice/Aegislash
Walrein/Hippowdon
Linoone/Lopunny

Ledian + Heracross (I've never seen LEDIAN!)
Numel + Bibarel (Sun + Sash + Growth + Hope)
Sawsbuck + Metagross (A good fusion that isn't made from Gyarados/Dragon types!)
Magnezone + Bronzong (We need a good electric type, there are more water fusions than any other type)
Volcanion + Volcarona (Calcova is cooler than Volcaronanion)
Hoopa + Lilligant (notenoughdance)
Aurorus + Tyrantrum (jurassic world hyp)
Porygon2 + Castform (I have to, plus it is a new niche I guess)
Sharpedo + Octillery (scopeswitch)
Crawdaunt + Metagross (you had me at dual STAB priority)

Volcarona/Volcanion
Ferrothorn/Steelix
Lilligant/Hoopa
Meloetta/Porygon 2
Seismitoad/Omastar
Walrein/Hippowdon
Magnezone/Bronzong
Poliwrath/Greninja
Sandslash/Samurott
Nidoqueen/Venomoth

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Walrein/Hippowdon
Seismitoad/Omastar
Poliwrath/Greninja
Sandslash/Samurott

Castform/Porygon2
Lucario/Alakazam
Tyranitar/Terrakion
Meloetta/Porygon2
Aurorus/Tyrantrum
Gallade/Banette

Here are the standings close to the end of the 1st day of voting. The 4-vote region is getting pretty crowded, while seven fusions currently vie for the top spots in the 5-7 vote range.

Edit: That's what I get for compiling this on my phone. Votes have been re-counted, and hopefully are accurate this time.

7 VOTES
Lucario/Alakazam

6 VOTES
Gallade/Banette
Aurorus/Tyrantrum
Durant/Scizor

5 VOTES
Ferrothorn/Steelix
Scrafty/Altaria
Castform/Porygon2

4 VOTES
Meloetta/Porygon2
Poliwrath/Greninja
Seismitoad/Omastar
Sandslash/Samurott
Lilligant/Hoopa
Volcarona/Volcanion
Celebi/Drifblim
Regice/Aegislash
Nidoqueen/Venomoth
Walrein/Hippowdon
Tyranitar/Terrakion

3 VOTES
Slaking/Torkoal
Crawdaunt/Metagross

2 VOTES
Regice/Pidgeot
Linoone/Lopunny
Magnezone/Bronzong

1 VOTE
Toxicroak/Electivire
Cherrim/Manaphy
Camerupt/Rhyperior
Latios/Zoroark
Shuckle/Gliscor
Golurk/Barbaracle
Thundurus-Incarnate/Flareon
Klinklang/Rapidash
Regirock/Zygarde
Ledian/Heracross
Sharpedo/Octillery
Numel/Bibarel
Sawsbuck/Metagross

Last edited:
Some users have been questioning the validity of changing your votes as the phase goes on, so I'd like to pop in and say that it is allowed until 24 hours before voting is scheduled to end. Since the voting phase is 3 days long, two days of dynamic voting should be plenty of time. Since it wasn't addressed before now, anyone that has changes to make may still submit them before voting closes tomorrow afternoon around 2pm Central Time. To that end, I'll update the standings post once tonight but not during the final hours tomorrow, and probably won't make one until that 24-hour mark during the next slate.

7 VOTES
Lucario/Alakazam

6 VOTES
Durant/Scizor
Gallade/Banette

5 VOTES
Aurorus/Tyrantrum
Ferrothorn/Steelix
Nidoqueen/Venomoth
Porygon2/Castform
Scrafty/Altaria

4 VOTES
Celebi/Drifblim
Lilligant/Hoopa
Meloetta/Porygon2
Poliwrath/Greninja
Regice/Aegislash
Sandslash/Samurott
Seismitoad/Omastar
Volcarona/Volcanion
Walrein/Hippowdon

3 VOTES
Metagross/Crawdaunt
Slaking/Torkoal
Tyranitar/Terrakion

2 VOTES
Linoone/Lopunny
Magnezone/Bronzong
Pidgeot/Regice

1 VOTE
Camerupt/Rhyperior
Cherrim/Manaphy
Golurk/Barbaracle
Klinklang/Rapidash
Latios/Zoroark
Ledian/Heracross
Numel/Bibarel
Regirock/Zygarde
Sawsbuck/Metagross
Sharpedo/Octillery
Thundurus/Flareon
Toxicroak/Electivire

Alright, going to call voting closed since no one else has posted. This slate had a huge number of great ideas, as can be seen by how full the 'runners-up' 4-Vote category was. I don't think many of you would be remiss to resubmit your more popular fusions from this slate sometime later! But for now, here are the winners:

DNA Donors: Lucario + Alakazam
Shared egg group: Human-like
Offspring name: Alakario
New type: Psychic/Fighting
New base stats: 77/95/72/140/97/120 (BST 601)
New ability and desc: Inner Focus (giving +15 to all stats)
Notable moves: Vacuum Wave, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon, Hidden Power Ice, Signal Beam, Grass Knot, Shock Wave, Encore, Recover, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Taunt
Role identification: Alakario was created with Vacuum Wave, the only special priority move, in mind. So far, only Aegilene, a previous winner, has viable special priority in Extreme Speed coupled with it's ability, and we need more special priority. Alakario works well with a Life Orb or Choice Specs, hitting harder than it's Mega, but lasting less in battle. See info on it's Mega form below, since it's a major improvement to the base form.

Mega Alakario
New base stats: 77/95/92/180/97/150 (BST 701)
New ability and desc: Trace
Role identification: Arguably one of the most incredible special attackers and revenge killers in this Meta. Comparatively to MegaAlakazam, Alakario offers an even higher Special Attack, a more respectable bulk, and a typing that isn't weak against common offensive moves such as Knock Off and U-Turn. There's no need to keep priority away from this fellow, since it can outspeed and take out Sucker Punch users with Vacuum Wave. With Focus Blast, it has so much power that it can 2HKO pretty much any non-Ghost type Pokemon. Not to mention it outspeeds almost all Pokemon with a whooping 150 base speed.

Parents: Durant + Scizor
Shared Egg Group: Bug
Offspring Name: Cazantor
New Base Stats: 74/130/116/62/74/97
New Ability and Description: (Hustle + Technician) Precision: Physical moves under 75 BP gain a x2 Damage Multiplier and other physical moves gain a 1.33x damage multiplier. All moves have their accuracy decreased by 10%
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Bullet Punch, U-Turn, Brick Break, Knock Off, Night Slash, Rock Slide, Thunder Fang, Shadow Claw
Role Identification: An offensive Scizor, and what's not to like about that? With the boost to Technician's effect (a minor drop in accuracy notwithstanding), Cazantor becomes brutally effective as both a fast-Turning scout and a lategame cleaner, with Rock Slide in particular destroying anything put in front of it and Bullet Punch helping to take care of unpleasant sorts. Night Slash and Shadow Claw become terrifying - 140 BP moves with additional crit chance are Very Not Fun to deal with - and the bulky Water-types that litter the upper tiers tend not to be huge fans of a 130 BP Electric-type move with additional flinch chance. You can run a Swords Dance or Hone Claws boosting set as well, but there's also the choice of a Choice Band to brutalize attacking types. Lastly, Precision means you can destroy Heatran with Brick Break, which is always nice.

Mega Cazantor
New Base Stats: 74/150/156/72/94/107
New Ability: Technician
Notable Moves: As Mega Scizor
Role Identification: ...Why are you using this 'mon? The Mega is actually worse. Get with the program, lads.

Parents: Gallade + Banette
Shared egg group: Amorphous
Offspring name: Gallette
New type: Fighting/Ghost
New base stats: 76/130/75/84/99/82 [BST: 546]
New ability and desc: (Steadfast + Insomnia) When hit by a sleeping move, Speed will increase by 1 stage. Immune to Sleep.
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Shadow Claw, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave other coverage moves
Role identification: Gallette's primary role, other than to be a physical attacker, is to absorb sleeping moves for its teammates. Not only will the sleep moves fail, but Gallette's speed will rise, improving its normally subpar Speed stat and potentially aiding a sweep due to its high base Attack and great STAB coverage.

Mega Gallette G
New base stats: 76/170/105/84/99/112 [BST: 646]
New ability and desc: Inner Focus
Notable moves: same as above
Role identification: Not sure. Won't be as useful as normal Gallette due to not having a sleep-absorbing ability, regardless of the higher stats.

Mega Gallette B
New base stats: 76/180/85/94/119/92 [BST: 646]
New ability and desc: Prankster
Notable moves: Destiny Bond is newly notable, not sure about other moves
Role identification: Similar to Mega Banette in Standard. Possibly have a better role offensively due to having newfound access to Prankster Swords Dance plus a wide array of coverage moves, but the mediocre Speed tier still sets it back a bit unless you want to run Shadow Sneak.

Parents: Aurorus + Tyrantrum
Egg Group: Monster
Offspring Name: Aurantrum
Type: Ice/Dragon
Base Stats: 112 / 109 / 105 / 94 / 85 / 74 {579BST}
Ability: (Strong Jaw + Refrigerate) Absolute Zero - Biting and normal-type moves used by this Pokemon are treated as being ice-type in addition to their usual type and receive a 30% power boost.
Notable moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Poison Fang, Head Smash, Stealth Rock, Ancient Power, Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Hone Claws, Rock Polish, Stone Edge, Bulldoze, Dark Pulse, Curse, Dragon Dance, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Hyper Voice, Iron Head, Outrage, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Freeze-Dry, Thunder Wave, Avalanche, Nature Power, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Giga Impact, Calm Mind, Roar, Light Screen, Reflect, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Psychic, Charge Beam, Frost Breath, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Magnet Rise, Aqua Tail, Thrash, Return
Role identification: Cleaner. Aurantrum needs some way of dealing with its awful speed, but between all the trick room access and thunder wave/rock polish/Ddance it shouldn't be too hard. Before it gets going though, let me explain its ability more clearly: it doesn't replace the original typing, it adds ice a la Flying Press being Fighting/Flying, allowing its STAB, ability-boosted coverage moves to plow through teams like fresh snow. While Absolute Zero causes them to be resisted as ice as well, Fire and Thunder Fang make Water, Steel, and Ice neutral hits with a STAB move, while doubling the offensive strengths and weaknesses of ice makes Ice Fang a dangerous all-or-nothing nuke that is either incredibly effective or resisted so much it does nothing. Thrash becomes an Icy Outrage to match the more traditional one. I personally would run a bulky Assault Vest set to patch its SpD, but the dual-typing makes a lot of odd sets possible.

New ability and desc: (Sturdy+Iron Barbs) Durable Barbs: Survives fatal attacks from full HP with 1 health. Enemy contact moves deal 1/8th HP to attacker.
Notable moves: Leech Seed, Automotize, Dragon Tail, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Gyro Ball

Mega Steelthorn
Role identification: This is basically regular Mega Steelix, but with a superior defensive typing, less Defense, and more Attack and Special Defense. Though, walling isn't all it's good for, as evidenced by its 140 base Attack. Try not to get hit by its Gyro Ball.

Parents: Nidoqueen / Venomoth
Offspring name: Venoqueen
New type: Ground/Bug
New base stats: 90(80+10)/97(77+20)/73/92(82+10)/80/83(515)
New ability and desc: (Poison Point + Tinted Lens) Tainted Lens = Not very effective moves will also badly poison the target.
Notable Moves: Bug Buzz, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Quiver Dance, Roost, Shadow Ball, Sleep Powder, Stealth Rock, Surf, Taunt, Tailwind, Thunderbolt, Toxic Spikes, U-Turn
Role identification: If I'm being completely honest, I'm not entirely sure what Venoqueen's best role is. On one hand, it works great as a pivot with access to STAB U-Turn which due to large amount of types that resist bug, has a good chance to toxic many Pokemon. Venoqueen also has potential as a lead, with access to Stealth Rock and Sleep Powder. Toxic Spikes can even be used if you want a better way of spreading status than just U-Turning all over the place. If one doesn't particularly care about spreading statuses, than Venoqueen can still go as a sort of semi-wall. It's bulk is not the best but it does have access to Roost, and the fact that it doesn't need Toxic to actually badly poison things gives more room for other moves. Finally, Venoqueen can attempt to go Quiver Dance sweeper. Anything trying to switch in to Venoqueen gets punished, and the few types that are incapable of getting poisoned are thankfully weak to it's Ground STAB. Venoqueen's access to a wide special movepool is great, because what may take down a potential threat can also badly poison a potential wall.

Parents: Porygon2 + Castform
Offspring name: Polyform2
New type: Normal
New base stats: 98/75/90/91/90/65 (+20HP, +10Def, +7SpD, +3SpA, BST 509)
New ability and desc: (Forecast + Trace) Aeroform: Changes forms and typing during the weather (Fire if Sun, Water if Rain, Ice if Hail, and Rock if Sand) for the rest of the battle. This Pokemon then obtains the respective weather-setting ability (Drought, Drizzle, Snow Warning, Sand Stream) for the rest of the battle. This new ability will also force-activate, extending the weather to 5-8 turns.
Notable moves: Weather Ball, Recover, Foul Play, Toxic, Trick, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, SolarBeam, possibly the weather-setting moves.
Role identification: Polyform2, while not having awesome stats, has notable bulk and the unique ability to steal a foe's weather and use it against them. It is also a good weather supporter for any weather team, as it can extend the weather and become a second weather setter when coming in. Because of this Polyform2's morphability when using weather, it can be a key asset to the rare multi-weather teams, especially because it can morph the team to become stronger with a certain weather. Applications of this are stopping a sun team by sending in a rain setter/sweeper followed by Polyform2 to become a secondary rain setter if the first one faints. It can also act as an weather extender for a certain weather team, so the team doesn't have to go a turn without their weather. Polyform2's sweeping and supportive potential comes in Weather Ball, which is a 100BP STAB move with a good chance of being boosted additionally by Rain or Sun. It also gets Recover, so it can stay healthy throughout the match, which most weather setters can't do.

Parents: Scrafty / Altaria
Shared Egg Group: Dragon
Offspring Name: Scaria
New typing: Fighting / Dragon
New base stats: 80 / 90 / 112 / 67 / 120 / 79 (BST 548)
New ability and desc: (Moxie + Natural Cure) Pure Thug: When this Pokemon is inflicted with a major status condition, it is immediately cured and its attack raised.
Notable Moves: Rest, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Knock Off, Dragon Claw, Elemental Punches, Poison Jab, Iron Head, Fake Out, Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick, Earthquake
Role identification: I can explain. It likes status. I could say that it would be pretty good as a Dragon Dancer, but let's leave it to the mega. At least it can pull of Rest spam

Mega Scaria
New typing: Fighting / Fairy
New base stats: 80 / 130 / 132 / 107 / 120 / 79 (BST 548)
New ability and desc: Pixilate: All the user's Normal moves become Fairy type and gain 1.33x power.
Notable Moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Knock Off, Dragon Claw, Elemental Punches, Poison Jab, Iron Head, Fake Out, Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Return, Fake Out, Hyper Voice, Stone Edge, Tailwind, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam
Role identification: Welcome to Heck, Beauty and the Beast edition. It's superb bulk, access to High Jump Kick and Pixilate Fake Out, usable offensive stats, and an great typing makes this superb than regular Scrafty or even Mega Altaria. It also has reliable recovery in the form of Roost and also has an great movepool of coverage in the form of Dark, Fire, Steel, and Ground coverage to cover about everything it is weak to.

Discussion rule are the same as always:
1. Analyze these abilities. Are they balanced? Can they be better?
2. Help find the best moveset for them based on their new roles. Should it boost its Attack first? Is it a team supporter?
3. Try to guess any checks or counters we might run into later, and if possible, see if one of the other fusions would make a good teammate to get past these counters.
4. To expand on #3, which of these Pokemon can check/counter the earlier slates? How would they fit together on a team? How would they support each other?

Last edited:
Well let me take a crack at this, although I'm not sure I'm the best at actually coming up with sets.

Scaria @ Flame Orb/Toxic Orb
Ability: Pure Thug
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Iron Head/Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Earthquake/Knock Off

If Scaria's ability works the way I think it does, then by equipping a flame or toxic orb, Scaria basically gets an attack variation of Speed Boost. Drain Punch is the main STAB move, and while not nearly as powerful as HJK, it'll keep Scaria healthy throughout the match. When Drain Punch doesn't heal enough, Scaria can Rest back to full health as well as gain an attack bonus. Iron Head or Poison Jab can be used to deal fairy switch-ins or slower fairies, although Scaria should probably switch out on Fairies that out speed it. The last slot is personal preference. Dragon Claw can be used as a strong, neutral, secondary STAB since the other two attacks cover it. Alternatively, Scaria can pick a coverage move suited to eliminate whatever most threatens the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)