Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikipek gets skill link and bullet seed, best early game pokemon thus far. Now we just need to get a king's rock after winning that ritual battle against Hau...
Bullet Seed isn't confirmed yet, but my money is on both it and a Flying-type version of Fury Attack, especially given its initial description.

Bullet Seed isn't confirmed yet, but my money is on both it and a Flying-type version of Fury Attack, especially given its initial description.
Although it's not confirmed technically, it states in its description that "Pikipek will attack distant opponents by zipping seeds at them. These shots have enough strength to embed the seeds in tree trunks." So I think it's pretty much guaranteed to get bullet seed.

Also, magearna's ability kinda implies that it's stealing another Pokemon's soul, even an ally's... Seems kinda malicious to me.

I'm smelling a Lapras-like stat distribution when fully-evolved.

BTW, didn't Moxie already trigger when any other Pokemon was KOed? I don't see Soul-Heart being any different.
Soul heart is triggered when ANY Pokemon faints. So you don't have to kill it yourself. And it can be a teammate

I'm smelling a Lapras-like stat distribution when fully-evolved.

BTW, didn't Moxie already trigger when any other Pokemon was KOed? I don't see Soul-Heart being any different.
It only triggers if you KO a Pokemon. This triggers for any time a Pokemon faints - whether from status conditions, partners in double battles, etc.

Soul-heart works when ANY Pokemon is KOed, be it Ally or not, and the pokemon doesn't need to be the one doing the KO. It's an improved Moxie for Double.

Edit : Mega Greninja'd

A while back, there was a "leak" that said that the final stages of Popplio and Litten (sub-types at least) would be Fighting and Ground respectively.

Was this actually confirmed as true or was it proven to be bullshit?

(If Popplio's final stage is Water/Fighting, Aura Sphere is practically guaranteed. Why else would they mention the water bubble balloon things?)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
A while back, there was a "leak" that said that the final stages of Popplio and Litten (sub-types at least) would be Fighting and Ground respectively.

(If Popplio's final stage is Water/Fighting, Aura Sphere is practically guaranteed. Why else would they mention the water bubble balloon things?)
There isn't sufficient information to tell whether it's true or not.

Popplio learns a fairy move, but this doesn't necessarily mean it will become fairy.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

There's no confirmation or debunking or anything lol. It's all baseless rumors based on some random unused types on the Japanese site.

I'm really interested in Grubbin. Not only does it feed on electricity (which might mean it becomes electric type), it's also the Larva Pokemon:

Google said:
  1. the active immature form of an insect, especially one that differs greatly from the adult and forms the stage between egg and pupa, e.g. a caterpillar or grub.
    • an immature form of other animals that undergo some metamorphosis, e.g. a tadpole.
I have a feeling its evolution is gonna look a lot different...

And it better not be the Caterpie of Alola.

Last edited:
New Pokemon, whoop!

Yungoos
I really like the idea for this guy. The face freaks me out, but I already have an idea behind it. If I remember right, mongoose are actually an invasive species now in Hawaii (or at least some islands like Galapogos.) and the appearance of Yungoos is perfect for this. This is probably going to be one of my favorite Regional Rodents if it is Gen VII's.

Pikipek
So cute! The design seems to have changed from what we saw in the original announcement, with the neck existing now and being very thin, The head shape is also different slightly. However, the Pikipek seen in the trailer might be an evolved form. That's my guess anyway. The information page on the Sun and Moon site says it shoots seeds at enemies, leading me to think Pikipek could end up being a Grass/Flying type. That would however be odd considered Rowlet is already Grass/Flying, but we'll see.

Grubbin
Grubbin is my absolute favorite of the 3 revealed Pokemon. LOOK AT IT! It will probably end up being Bug/Electric, as the information on it says it likes being near power plants. Grubbin seems to be inspired by wood-burrowing beetles. If the coloring was different I would guess Asian Long-Horned Beetle, but it's rather different shape wise. But in the future, who knows. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)