Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem like a really stupid suggestion, but still gonna suggest it..I feel like paralysis is way more disruptive in Showdown compared to on the 3DS games. On Showdown it seems like there's way more than a 25% chance you'll get fully paralyzed. It feels more like a 75% chance which is not right. Paralysis having the ability to both reduce your speed by 75% and a 75% chance to get fully paralyzed is simply not how the game mechanics are suppose to work. If I were in charge I would check to see if this increased chance to get fully paralyzed is indeed there or not. You might think I'm just having really bad luck, but it's been battle after battle after battle that I'm getting fully paralyzed turn after turn after turn. We all know what getting fully paralyzed even 2 turns in a row can really do. Against a set up sweeper it's basically gg. I urge the Pokemon Showdown team to check into this matter. Thank you.
You can verify the chances of ps on the github
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown

Hey I think we should have a doubles format for LC, it would be nice to have a new metagame. Doubles are pretty fun too and playing with pokemon on the lc format would really be amazing, u will need to think more on which moves to use. We could make the lc pokemon lvl50 instead, that way we wouldn't see anymore berry juice and the item choices will be hard to decide on because of item clause. And only 4 pokemon can be used in battle.

Last edited:
Hey I think we should have a doubles format for LC, it would be nice to have a new metagame. Doubles are pretty fun too and playing with pokemon on the lc format would really be amazing, u will need to think more on which moves to use. We could make the lc pokemon lvl50 instead, that way we wouldn't see anymore berry juice and the item choices will be hard to decide on because of item clause. And only 4 pokemon can be used in battle.
lc doubles already exists here with an article about it here. However it looks like your asking for vgc lc (level 50, item clause, have 6 use 4) which would be playable by just asking other people to use lc teams in the vgc format. There probably wouldn't be a ladder for that however since iirc lc doubles was never that popular but you could try suggesting it as an other meta here. You should also read the requirements of submitting an om here.

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, though I do wish that the Importable sets are much more clear when in Dark Mode.

http://prntscr.com/btn7su (which is fine)

http://prntscr.com/btn7xt Dark mode appears to remove everything but the sprite icon. (well, if you highlight on it the text will appear, but still.)

This is a very minor pet peeve but I think it's something worthy to be brought up!

Cheers.

Rory Mercury

lacks composure
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are colorful icons allowed in names when all they do is call unnecessary attention to themselves. Beyond that some of them also increase the line spacing which makes the chat look worse every time they write. I just wanted to mention it as it's been bothering me lately :[. And since the rules do state "Don't call unnecessary attention to yourself" I feel like these go against it anyways.
Example of what I mean
Ok, just needed to get that out of my system.
(Not complaining about smaller symbols like ♥).

Have we considered a mobile PS background? Even though mobile isn't the expected medium, many of my friends and co-workers use PS on mobile quite frequently, it might be worth looking into.

Restyle VGC Battles Timer to the one is intended to work in VGC: 45" for a move, 1':30" to choose the team, and 15' in total; BUT, because of the lack of animations (there are, but shorter), you can also reduce that timing in proportion. Let's say 10' total; 45" par move seems not so much (now it's 2' rite?).

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I don't believe this has been suggested before, although I didn't go through all 37 pages. Would it be possible to display past gen stats to /dt by using /dt [pokemon], gen _? With the changes to base stats from gen 5 to 6 as well as the special stat for gen 1 this would make it possible to look it up without opening a different page.

Any chance of a new type of battling, similar to the battles that were first used in gen 4 (can't remember the name of them) where you teamed up with some. Each player has 3 Pokemon and it's played in a doubles format. Personally I have many friends that play showdown and I'd love to see a battle type like this incorporated into PS.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
I was wondering how easy it would be to make 2 (fairly minor) changes to /learn.

The first is "recovery". In a couple of battles, I needed to check to see if the Pokemon I was facing had any form of recovery, which is hard to do without going into Teambuilder and manually searching to see if it had any recovery moves.

The second is the pipe (|) functionality. Much like /ds, if I type in /learn Klefki, Trick | Switcheroo, /learn should tell me that Klefki learns Switcheroo. Presently, /learn ignores the pipe, meaning that you'll get a message similar to: "Move 'trickswitcheroo' not found."

Both of these additions are currently present in /ds, so I wouldn't imagine that they would be too hard to implement in /learn.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I was wondering how easy it would be to make 2 (fairly minor) changes to /learn.

The first is "recovery". In a couple of battles, I needed to check to see if the Pokemon I was facing had any form of recovery, which is hard to do without going into Teambuilder and manually searching to see if it had any recovery moves.

The second is the pipe (|) functionality. Much like /ds, if I type in /learn Klefki, Trick | Switcheroo, /learn should tell me that Klefki learns Switcheroo. Presently, /learn ignores the pipe, meaning that you'll get a message similar to: "Move 'trickswitcheroo' not found."

Both of these additions are currently present in /ds, so I wouldn't imagine that they would be too hard to implement in /learn.
Jsyk you can do "/ms [insert Pokemon], recovery, all" to check all the recovery moves a certain Pokemon has access to.

Enforce a timeout for one hour or less for everytime someone forfeits a match 2-3 times within an hour.

It gets tiresome to battle knowing you may or may not win and someone forfeits because something isn't going there way. Pokemon showdown isn't really punishing them by deducting ladder points because they can continue to do it without reprucussion.

Enforce a timeout for one hour or less for everytime someone forfeits a match 2-3 times within an hour.

It gets tiresome to battle knowing you may or may not win and someone forfeits because something isn't going there way. Pokemon showdown isn't really punishing them by deducting ladder points because they can continue to do it without reprucussion.
Penalizing forfeiting would be stupid, people don't always want to play 2 hour long stall matches. Just accept it as a quicker win. Not allowing people to play temporarily after multiple times losing to the timer, on the other hand, would be a good addition because it's an obnoxious version of forfeiting.

Penalizing forfeiting would be stupid, people don't always want to play 2 hour long stall matches. Just accept it as a quicker win. Not allowing people to play temporarily after multiple times losing to the timer, on the other hand, would be a good addition because it's an obnoxious version of forfeiting.
You are mis interpreting what I am saying.

For example, " User ABC logs on and forfeits 3 matches within an hour of being online, he is now timed out for an hour from being able to battle."

You are mis interpreting what I am saying.

For example, " User ABC logs on and forfeits 3 matches within an hour of being online, he is now timed out for an hour from being able to battle."
What I don't like about this is that people who forfeit sometimes just do it to save some time since they have lost anyways, so they don't have to play out the rest of the match. Just saving yourself some time is not something that should be penalized. I also really don't see the point of this since I don't see how this can negatively affect the person who gets the win.

I think it would be a good idea to highlight your username when looking at the ladder, because its sometimes hard to find your name. Also it makes finding your position on the ladder much easier in my opinion.

Revamp your team builder, it's constantly decreasing my EVs and it auto defaults to minimum attack for IVs. So say I set EVs in attack to 150 for example, if I click off to a different pokemon or go to select a gender or item, it'll drop to 12, makes it hard to do anything and it happens quite frequently if I don't use those horrible suggested sets.

Revamp your team builder, it's constantly decreasing my EVs and it auto defaults to minimum attack for IVs. So say I set EVs in attack to 150 for example, if I click off to a different pokemon or go to select a gender or item, it'll drop to 12, makes it hard to do anything and it happens quite frequently if I don't use those horrible suggested sets.
It only defaults to minimum attack IVs if you have no physical attacks so that you take less damage from Foul Play. I've never heard of the other thing happening.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
It does it to my Bisharp the most with the IVs, it knows 3 physical attacks.
This is probably something that should be put in the bug report thread, although I seem to remember having this sort of thing happen to me when I used an ipad. Are you using the same or mobile? (That's something to include in the bug report thread)

Hi there~

I have two suggestions :

I was wondering if it's possible to get a "register to this room" button in every rooms. That way we can log in without having to look for the rooms where we usually drag/speak. I know it's a minor change but that could possibly improve PS! a little bit. It's annoying to search for them every time we log in.

The second one was to put a short message when you log in and join a room. Something like "Hello and welcome to the "insert roomname". Here's a link to the rules of PS! and here an intro to PS!. Have fun!". That could help new players who, some of them, are lost and need someone/something to begin

Thanks for reading!

Screamouts~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)