Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
| 66 | Cloyster | 3.646% |

Wow, RU barely dodged a bullet, though it did take another one with Shaymin

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
And Mega Heracross. Glad MHera finally moved up to OU, though.
Yeah, well it was pretty inevitable as mega hera has taken the role of premier stallbreaker of the tier in last few months, though it will decrease as there are more and more doublades just to stop that in stall teams these days

Stop complaining about Tangrowth

It's a Pokemon that was good in OU, 100 HP and 125 Defense combined with Regenerator is nothing to laugh at, it walls a lot of OU's top tier threats and it's one of the best Grass types in the tier, with only Ferrothorn being a better defensive Grass type and not really sure if SubSeed Serperior counts as a defensive mon or not but whatever. Tangrowth is really fucking good, therefore it was used. RU, you already have Venusaur, and as for Regenerator mons you have Alomomola and Slowking. Shaymin will be banned before you know it so you won't need to complain about "Tangrowth being the only counter." Tbh I'd rather Tangrowth in OU than Amoonguss, but that's just me.

Shame that RU didn't get Goodra though >:(

also FU changes
Rises:
Dusclops
Volbeat

Drops:
Jumpluff
Lickilicky

also FU stop using Flareon and start using the simi trio >:(

Last edited:
Yeah that thing deserves more use, it's a great stallbreaker.

I am stoked that Gurdurr's finally back in NU where it belongs, and finally people have given up the Ghost with Trevenant. Sorry that was a terrible pun. But people, if you're using Trevenant in NU, don't use the SubSeed set.

PU got a lot of good stuff. Cacturne is a solid alternative to Leafeon and Sawsbuck, losing out on Speed but having better typing. Smeargle is pretty much only a Sticky Web lead, and with Pelliper back in the tier, hazard stacking won't be that viable. Muk trades Arbok's Speed for power, although the snake has Intimidate so it can set up more easily.

Shaymin could well break RU in half, although it does have its checks.
Shaymin doesn't have that much checks. I can see that getting quickbanned

Stop complaining about Tangrowth

It's a Pokemon that was good in OU, 100 HP and 125 Defense combined with Regenerator is nothing to laugh at, it walls a lot of OU's top tier threats and it's one of the best Grass types in the tier, with only Ferrothorn being a better defensive Grass type and not really sure if SubSeed Serperior counts as a defensive mon or not but whatever. Tangrowth is really fucking good, therefore it was used. RU, you already have Venusaur, and as for Regenerator mons you have Alomomola and Slowking. Shaymin will be banned before you know it so you won't need to complain about "Tangrowth being the only counter." Tbh I'd rather Tangrowth in OU than Amoonguss, but that's just me.

Shame that RU didn't get Goodra though >:(

also FU changes
Rises:
Dusclops
Volbeat

Drops:
Jumpluff
Lickilicky

also FU stop using Flareon and start using the simi trio >:(
LMAO who plays FU

Code:
| 32  | Zapdos            |  6.086% |
| 40  | Charizard-Mega-Y  |  5.204% |
| 41  | Charizard-Mega-X  |  5.151% |
| 51 | Heracross-Mega     | 3.711% |
I hate my tier sometimes.
F

In other news, RU is yet again getting barraged by stupidly broken mons. Unlike Honchkrow, there might be more around to check Shaymin/Slurpuff but if they don't get quickbanned they'll just be suspected and banned anyways. I find it hilarious how shit can leave the tier in late XY/early ORAS, come back, and completely wreck the tier (Abomasnow, anyone?) I understand why, but it's still crazy.

Slurpuff is gonna break the tier in Ru. Shaymin gets banned like Sharpedo. Muk makes a name for itself by playing dirty. Quagsire is still Quagsire no matter what tier it's in. Gurdurr comes back to smack all of its workers back into shape. Trevenant becomes a dominant force in the NU tier with Phantom Force, Horn Leech, Power-Up Punch, Rest holding Lum/Chesto Berry with Harvest (Idk, I don't use Trev that much, but I know that's my main set for it.) PU also becomes one of the funnest tiers in the following few months until Pokemon Sun and Moon get released.
Predictions made. Discuss. Lol. [insert Donald Trump Meme] [Insert Troll]
But no really, these are some pretty interesting changes in the tiers.

So much for RU getting Haxorus, Goodra and Cloyster. Still having Slurpuff back will be an interesting twist.

And now NU has Gurdurr back so now we can debate whose the best fighting type again.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
i really dont understand why ou ladder loves zapdos so much, it aint even that good :/

Really excited to see how shaymin and Slurpuff do in RU meta. Without doublade around this time, slurpuff may be far too hard to handle, and shaymin has really spammable powerful STAB that not many thing enjoy switching in on. Registeel can somewhat counter the two i suppose, but it doesnt have reliable recovery so it has to stay healthy forever. We shall see how they do =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)