Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grassy Terrain regen effect doesn't seem to follow the norms for who's faster and slower.

With most residual effects, speed is taken into consideration. Lefties will regen for the quicker pokemon before the slower pokemon. If two pokemon proc a weather (or terrain) on the same turn, the slower one will override it and get to keep weather up.

Grassy Terrain seems to give the slower pokemon regen first. I don't know if this is how it works in game, but it's tripped me up a few times and caused me to lose Tapu Bulu prematurely (thinking incorrectly that because I got grassy terrain first that I was quicker).

In this clip Tapu Bulu is slower than Tapu Fini, and gets grassy terrain up because of this. Yet when we do damage to eachother, I clearly get regen before he does.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-496441423

Think I may have come across a bug while on the sketchmons ladder (unless I'm missing something obvious, in which case I apologise!)

I had a Dragonite with Z-Conversion, Fire Punch, gained the fire type and +1 attack. However, fire punch only did 40% to a Bewear. I understand Fluffy reduces the amount physical moves do but it also increases the damage of fire type moves. I didn't save the replay at the time, but I did my best to recreate it with a max HP, max defense, impish Bewear: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-496295720

According to Showdown's damage calculator, it should've done a lot more damage: +1 252 Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Bewear: 313-369 (70.4 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Again, I apologise if there's something I'm overlooking but it seems the Fluffy ability isn't taking into account the fire type physical moves.
It's the calculator's issue. Fluffy isn't coded right on there; I actually came here to post this. The simulator's behavior is correct.

Issues with hidden power

If a pokemon has two hidden powers in its moveset, two or three of its moves will be missing upon entering battle. That is, the moves are absent, you can't click on them, and the pokemon can't use them.

For example, I was running Bronzong with future sight, rain dance, hidden power ice, and hidden power grass. The first battle, it switched in and its hidden power ice was missing. In the second battle (without me changing anything), both hidden power ice and rain dance were missing, so my Bronzong had only 2 moves.
I tried using hidden power ice & grass with another pokemon (toxipex) and had similar issues. I also messed around with different hidden power types for both pokemon and had the same issues :(

Issues with hidden power

If a pokemon has two hidden powers in its moveset, two or three of its moves will be missing upon entering battle. That is, the moves are absent, you can't click on them, and the pokemon can't use them.

For example, I was running Bronzong with future sight, rain dance, hidden power ice, and hidden power grass. The first battle, it switched in and its hidden power ice was missing. In the second battle (without me changing anything), both hidden power ice and rain dance were missing, so my Bronzong had only 2 moves.
I tried using hidden power ice & grass with another pokemon (toxipex) and had similar issues. I also messed around with different hidden power types for both pokemon and had the same issues :(
You can only have 1 hidden power per pokemon. It's a move that changes based on ivs, not more than one move,

When you're trying to click the link to go to the In-Game room, or Sun & Moon, you'll be taken to the room but there will also be a room tab of just a dead room of in-game with no userlist or anything. I don't know if this has been reported or not but looks like a bug.

bug with the baton pass clause. you cant hold normalium z, with splash and baton pass. like lopunny. it says you cant pass speed and another stat but its impossible to activate the z gem on both splash and baton pass. You have to pick one. Please fix this and allow splash passing.

Ally targeted Z-Support moves seem to be broken. When using things like Aromatic Mist or Heal Pulse with the appropriate Z Crystal, the move is not able to select a target.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-496823119 - I was unable to even "complete" my turn on Turn 6 because Z-Aromatic Mist wasn't allowing me to select a target. It just said "Waiting for opponent..." before he turned on the timer. As soon as I re-selected with normal Aromatic Mist, the turn started. While it didn't have an effect on the outcome of this battle (freakin' Meteor Mash), I want to be able to use my SpDef tactics lol

I ran a series of short tests, as well. Every example has Poliwrath leading with Belly Drum and Slowbro following with Z-Heal Pulse.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-496850377 - Both teams picked Slowbro(1) and Poliwrath(2) as team choices. Z-Heal Pulse appears to do nothing.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-496851183 - Both teams picked Poliwrath(1) and Slowbro(2). Z-Heal Pulse heals opposing Poliwrath.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-496852077 - Echo selects Slowbro(1) Poliwrath(2), Jouralto picks Poliwrath(1) Slowbro(2). Jouralto's Poliwrath is healed.

It seems to be automatically targeting on Slot 1 for Z-Heal Pulse? Regardless, Z-Supports seem to have overall targeting issues.

Golisopod's Emergency Exit seems to be pretty broken. Sadly I forgot to save the replay, but I was in a battle just now where I was reduced below half health by leech seed damage against a Celesteela and the ability never triggered, even after the Celesteela attacked me directly afterward. It hadn't activated earlier that battle either. Also, earlier today I was against a Peliper which used U-turn to bring me below half, but after I sent out my new pokemon my opponent did not switch from their U-turn. My opponent said they would submit the bug but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

When getting disconnected in the middle of a battle (or refreshing the page), upon re-entering the battle the BGM will not play. Other sound effects like cries still work, but the BGM will not play.

Burn Up is a special attack.

Inferno Overdrive used FROM Burn Up is (oddly) using the Physical version of the Z-move, instead of the special version.

I didn't see the rules about needing details for this post. I'll go get that, I guess. But you can check this in like, 90 seconds.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-497378529 (Turns 8 - 9)

My opponent used Z-Parting Shot on turn 8, but due to me sacrificing it to rocks, it failed. The very next turn, turn 9, they used Parting Shot (normal one), but it had the effects of Z-Parting Shot — healing the recipient. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the Help room directed me here.

Not really a huge deal, but I noticed that while using a shiny lycanroc-midnight and komala, the shiny backsprites do not appear. Not really sure if this is the same for front sprites, but I hope it is fixed soon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-497449270

In this battle, I somehow got a free turn (turn 16).
My Exeggutor used HP fire and it knocked my opponent's Mega Scizor. On that same turn, Misty Terrain (from Tapu Fini) ended.
This is when it gets weird.
My Exeggutor then used Substitute, but no opposing pokemon were thrown out to face my Exeggutor. My opponent essentially did nothing that turn.
The next turn, Oricorio was sent out by my opponent, but that pokemon should have been sent out the turn before, right after I knocked out the Mega Scizor.

I'm pretty sure that is a bug.

I think I found a pretty annoying glitch with hidden power. I had an alolan ninetails with hidden power ground and a glaceon with fire, but when I went into battle the ninetails had dark and glaceon dragon. If this isn't a bug then what is it?

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Tour Banlist
I have found a bug with the /tour banlist command. It seems that if you ban a mons base forme, the alolan forme also gets banned (ex. if dugtrio is banned, then dugtrio-alola is also banned). The same issue does not seem to exist if you ban the alolan forme (ex. if dugtrio-alola is banned, dugtrio is allowed).

[Gen 7] Pokebank OU Single Elimination Tournament created.
(quziel くコ彡 set the tournament's banlist to Dugtrio, Muk.)
The tournament's banlist is now: Dugtrio, Muk.

Inputting the banlist of Dugtrio and Muk, and testing using the following team:
Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

Muk-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray

Results in the team not being allowed:

I imagine that this is related to the behavior of strcmp

Last edited:
MdPikachu: Hello! Since lobby didn't answer, why is Misdreavus banned in SM Bank Anything Goes? I thought it was only banned in LC..
+Sei toha kari: MdPikachu it shouldn't be banned, did you set your team to that format?
MdPikachu: yes
MdPikachu: it says "lc uber" and banned in red
+Sei toha kari: huh sounds like a bug then
+Sei toha kari: you can post it on /bugs

It allowed Misdreavus to be used, but I thought that was weird, too

I think I found a pretty annoying glitch with hidden power. I had an alolan ninetails with hidden power ground and a glaceon with fire, but when I went into battle the ninetails had dark and glaceon dragon. If this isn't a bug then what is it?
Did you modify your IVs at any point on either of those Pokemon? It sounds like either they were reset (which would be a bug) or that you changed them to be 6iv and min atk respectively.

Tour Banlist
I have found a bug with the /tour banlist command. It seems that if you ban a mons base forme, the alolan forme also gets banned (ex. if dugtrio is banned, then dugtrio-alola is also banned). The same issue does not seem to exist if you ban the alolan forme (ex. if dugtrio-alola is banned, dugtrio is allowed).

[Gen 7] Pokebank OU Single Elimination Tournament created.
(quziel くコ彡 set the tournament's banlist to Dugtrio, Muk.)
The tournament's banlist is now: Dugtrio, Muk.

Inputting the banlist of Dugtrio and Muk, and testing using the following team:
Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

Muk-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray

Results in the team not being allowed:

I imagine that this is related to the behavior of strcmp
If I remember correctly, banning the base forme of a Pokemon now bans all of its formes. If you want to ban just the base form, you have to add "-base" to the end of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)