Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay this moveset isn't really out there, but i just finished breeding manetrics to have hp ice. is this a viable moveset for the choice specs version?

manetric w/choice specs
timid
thunder bolt
overheat
hp ice
snore

i figure it can absorb sleep moves and hit back hard with a choice specs boosted snore, think this is good?

Changed.

Goresparce

Dunsparce
Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly
EV's: Mainly hp and some defence, pump the rest in speed
Item:Focus Sash
-Snore/Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Bite/Headbutt
-Bodyslam/Gaze/Thunder Wave

Send in on a poké that is already wound or otherwise hindered.
Focus Sash is mainly to survive once.
Paralyze something, start attacking and parahaxing with bite. If you lost some hp, use rest and snore your victim down. Bite also hits ghosts trying to wall your Snore. I think Sleep Talk is the better option.
If you are crazy enough, pass a speed boost to this or something that keeps it alive.
Wish/Ingrain/Reflect...

Comments please.

Is that a troll post?

Dunsparce has awful stats - and virtually no speed - you will be destroyed before you can Thunder Wave anything. Also Snore does so little damage its funny.

dunsparce reaches only 207 with a spd+ nature =\
and his defences are so horrible, even though they're backed up by a 400+ hp stat

hmmmm does anyone think that in UU, snore on manetric backed up by choice specs would do some damage. the only down side of course it that you'd have to switch out upon waking up...

Why Recover? Nothing that I can think of won't OHKO if you go 252/252 atk/spd and you'd be wasting fighting turns patching up what amounts to an insignificant 99% of your life.

Fake Out can be a lot of fun but if people know you're not packing a CB, they feel a lot more free to switch in Hippos and Suicunes and Gyarados. And good luck if you opponent finds out you don't have Tpunch or Ipunch, you lose like 3/4 of your attacking advantages.
true..well thanks for the concern..i didnt think about that..i have drain punch which also recovers my hp...i think i shood get rid of recover and add ice punch..because ive been facing a lot of sallys w/ it..thanx

720 attack vs 166 defense, 40 power(*2), 282 max HP: 88.3% - 104.26%

Am I doing something wrong cause I don't see Weavile taking like 75% max...

Okay I can see this not working, but I'd just like some thoughts on this jirachi I was thinking up for my stall team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 Hp / 160 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpDef
Impish Nature [+Def, -SpAtk] OR Adamant Nature [+Atk, -SpAtk]
- Cosmic Power
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic
391 Hp / 286 Def / 248 SpDef / 303 Atk [Adamant]

Okay so nothing too fancy, but it seems like it would stall pretty well..
Come in on something easy to set up on, get in sub or take a first cosmic power.. Then depending on what comes in, toxic or cosmic power or sub.

391 / 429 Def / 372 SpDef /
After one cosmic power
After one, not much can dent him but he is still 2hko'd by garchomp and other powerful pokemon with stab's SE moves.

391 Hp / 572 Def / 496 SpDef
After another

After two cosmic powers, Jirachi is near god like in defense. Only STAB'd super effective boosted moves can 2hko.

The idea is get a sub and at least two cosmic powers. Then toxic and stall.
Use Zen Headbutt to force flinches to stall longer

If you're going that far with the Jirachi set, you might as well use 101 HP Subs, so Seismic tosser's can't beat you.

The problem is you're completely vulnerable to phazing.

So is every stat upper that doesnt have a form of blocking itt..
But ya good thinking on the 101, it didn't cross mmy mind

Okay I can see this not working, but I'd just like some thoughts on this jirachi I was thinking up for my stall team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 Hp / 160 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpDef
Impish Nature [+Def, -SpAtk] OR Adamant Nature [+Atk, -SpAtk]
- Cosmic Power
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic
391 Hp / 286 Def / 248 SpDef / 303 Atk [Adamant]

Okay so nothing too fancy, but it seems like it would stall pretty well..
Come in on something easy to set up on, get in sub or take a first cosmic power.. Then depending on what comes in, toxic or cosmic power or sub.

391 / 429 Def / 372 SpDef /
After one cosmic power
After one, not much can dent him but he is still 2hko'd by garchomp and other powerful pokemon with stab's SE moves.

391 Hp / 572 Def / 496 SpDef
After another

After two cosmic powers, Jirachi is near god like in defense. Only STAB'd super effective boosted moves can 2hko.

The idea is get a sub and at least two cosmic powers. Then toxic and stall.
Use Zen Headbutt to force flinches to stall longer
doesn't skarmory send jirachi to hell?

Magnezone might help you scare off Skarm. But that's just a suggestion.

I'm worried about steel types that might come in and wall you. Namely, Skarmory.

I'd also like to bring something else up.

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Brick Break
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Might look a bit simple, but it actually works fairly well. Jolly and 252 EVs bring it's speed to exactly 280 and after 1 DD, 420. That will outspeed Adamant Ninjask by 1 point. I might as well add some evidence:

Damage Calculations for Feraligatr after 1 Dragon Dance:
  • Against a Lonely Electivire: 89.73% - 105.48%
  • Against a Gengar with 108 HP EVs (which I believe is the standard): 89.24% - 104.86%
  • Against a Dugtrio with 4 HP EVs: 277.83% - 326.89%
  • Against a Standard 252 HP and 252 Def Weezing: 32.63% - 38.62% (which you will NEED to switch out)
  • Against a standard CBgross: 37.09% - 43.68% (which you will also NEED to switch out because Thunderpunch will OHKO)
All those are with Waterfall after 1 Dragon Dance.
  • Other Damage Calculations:
  • Bulky Dragonite : OHKO
  • Garchomp with 16 HP EVs: OHKO
Those are with Ice Punch.
  • Weavile with 4 HP EVs: OHKO
  • Standard Blissey (after 2 Dragon Dances): OHKO
  • Tyranitar with 108 HP Evs: 107.34% - 126.09%
Those are with Brick Break.

Things it will outspeed AFTER 1 DRAGON DANCE:
  • Adamant Ninjask
  • Choice Scarf'ed Base 90 (Neutral Natured), such as PorygonZ and Moltres
  • + Spd Natured Scarftran
  • Scarfcross
  • Agiligross
  • + Spd Nature Aerodactyl and other Base 130 Speed Pokémon
Things it DOESN'T outspeed after 1 Dragon Dance:
  • Scarfed Gengar
  • Motor Drived Electivire
  • Rock Polish Ramparados
  • Jolly Ninjask
  • +Spd Scarfed Base 90 Spd Pokémon such as Scarfgon, Scarfed Moltres
So, tell me what you guys think of this.

Breloom@Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
Jolly 252 spd / 252 atk / 6 hp
-Spore
-Wake-Up-Slap
-Thunder Punch
-Seed Bomb

Poisen heal and thunder punch are illegal so i have to stick with it's crappy triat. Jolly with 252 spd will outrun gyarados so i can T-punch it to death. Spore any status takers and then wak-up-slap to do double the damage plus stab and to take away there sleep status so they cannont take status from me anymore and seed bomb so i don't get walled by dusknoir.

Pokemon: Garchomp
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Fling
move 3: Dragon Claw
move 4: Earthquake
item: Iron Ball
ability: Sand Veil
nature: Adamant/Jolly
evs: 252 atk/252 speed/4 hp

The concept should be pretty obvious - Swords Dance on the switch, and if/when Cresselia comes in, smack her with a 140 BP dark attack courtesy of fling. Jolly needs Stealth Rock up for a sure KO (87.61% - 103.15% to a 252/252 bold Cress), while Adamant stands a decent chance without (96.17% - 113.06%). The real problem that comes to mind with this set is that Iron ball IIRC always makes you slower than the opponent, meaning that Garchomp is forced to take one hit from Cress. Ice Beam from Cress needs a fair amount of sp atk investment to KO, though, so...meh.

Edit: Actually, in retrospect, this might work better on Rhyperior. Higher attack stat for a sure kill, isn't crippled as much by the negative priority of Iron Ball, and it can probably take a hit from Cress's puny sp atk, especially considering very few carry Grass Knot. Though Stone Edge would likely do a number on Cress as well.

@Akatsuki

Why BB > Super Power?
Since that Feraligatr is a DDer, it's purpose is probably to sweep a team in one go. So using a move that decreases it's attack after one use is counterproductive.

Anyways, that Feraligatr set is good, but by absolutely no means new.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Spiritomb (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP/120 Def/8 Spd/136 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spite
- Rest
- Protect
- Hypnosis/Toxic/WoW

Use with Toxic Spikes. Once cycle of Protect+Spite means that Salamence can't Draco Meteor anymore. Protect also allows you to stall while your opponent is constantly losing HP. Spite cuts 6 PP every turn, so Protect+Spite kills EQ in 2 cycles as well. Rest once you've taken some damage. Pick a Status. You can burn that Chomp or that Tar before TSpikes are set. You can Toxic shit like Cress and Togekiss which won't be hurt by TSpikes. Or you can put something to sleep with Hypnosis.

Since that Feraligatr is a DDer, it's purpose is probably to sweep a team in one go. So using a move that decreases it's attack after one use is counterproductive.

Anyways, that Feraligatr set is good, but by absolutely no means new.
Yeah it's actually really good. Anyways, about that Garchomp set, wouldn't it be a bit awkward if there wasn't a Cresselia on the opponent team? But that set is fairly interesting.

Pokemon: Flygon
Name: Choice Specs
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: HP Electric
item: Choice Specs
ability: Levitate
nature(s): Modest/Timid
evs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP

You may think that Salamence can do the job better, but your wrong on this one. Flygon is immune to electricity and ground attacks, and it also has a STAB Earth Power giving it a 135 BP without Specs which can easily OHKO many things, unlike Specsmence which can only have a Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor as its STAB. Also, Gyara is no longer a counter, Intimidate is useless againts Choice Specs Flygon and Gyara won't be seeing an OHKOing Draco Meteor or HP Electric (HP Electric is a 100% OHKO). Also if you don't think Flygon needs HP Electric, you can give it Dragon Pulse so you have a STAB Dragon attack that doesn't decrease your SAtk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)