Little things you like about Pokémon

How do you do that?
There's a guy at the trash plant over by Malie City that offers to change your style, IE your ball throwing animations.

There's like 5+ options unlocked by beating people with the corresponding throw style, it's pretty cool. For example, Mallow is a lefty. Beat Mallow, and you can use the left handed style.

This isn't a shitpost, trust me.
This is actually what first came to mind.

Chansey's tail is so cute. I can't believe she even has one.
We were watching a Balanced Hackmons stall battle and Chansey's back view got somebody to type
"I don't know why, but I really want to flick Chansey's tail right now."

And I agreed so much.
It's like a cat toy or something.
I don't get why I can't stop thinking about this.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

This isn't a shitpost, trust me.
This is actually what first came to mind.

Chansey's tail is so cute. I can't believe she even has one.
We were watching a Balanced Hackmons stall battle and Chansey's back view got somebody to type
"I don't know why, but I really want to flick Chansey's tail right now."

And I agreed so much.
It's like a cat toy or something.
I don't get why I can't stop thinking about this.
It's alright, Japan has an obsession with Pikachu's butt.

I like the fact that, even though a lot of Gen I to V Pokemon got updated cries, Porygon was not among them.

Seeing as it looks like a 3D model made in the 80s or 90s, it is very fitting that it keeps its old cry.
I actually do like how they treat each Porygon throughout the ages.
Porygon has old polygon graphic looks reminiscent to that of the first 3D games.
Porygon2 is a bit more rounded, as if there is better rendering to it.
Porygon-Z ends up looking awesome and new, and its cry is awesome.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I actually do like how they treat each Porygon throughout the ages.
Porygon has old polygon graphic looks reminiscent to that of the first 3D games.
Porygon2 is a bit more rounded, as if there is better rendering to it.
Porygon-Z ends up looking awesome and new, and its cry is awesome.
Your thoughts on P1 and P2 are right, but not quite with PZ.

Porygon represents early/basic 3D rendering, being very polygonal.

Porygon2 represents the advancement of technology. It's not only more rounded (representing not only better rendering but also the ability to put in more polygons hence it looking "round") but also smaller and lighter than Porygon, representing the trend how more advance technology can be done smaller and compact to its predecessors.

Porygon-Z represents glitches and/or mods. Its a result of hackers making a "better" Porygon, though also end up messing with it in unintentional ways. If you look at it carefully you'll realize its body is the same as Porygon2 except twisted around.

Porygon-Z represents glitches and/or mods. Its a result of hackers making a "better" Porygon, though also end up messing with it in unintentional ways. If you look at it carefully you'll realize its body is the same as Porygon2 except twisted around.
Also its animations in the 3D games, that look extremely crazy and fast.

Looks like someone used Cheat Engine on a Porygon2 and set up a speed multiplier on it :P

While trying to catch a wild Growlithe today, it used Roar. I thought to myself, "Dang, looks like I'll have to find another one". When suddenly...

"Pikipek was dragged out!"

Yes, GF finally changed it so that if a wild Pokemon Roars you, it just forces a switch instead of ending the battle.
I think that just happens when there's an SOS battle. Pretty sure you're still kicked out in a normal battle

Whenever a wild Growlithe used Roar for me, it always failed. It doesn't end a battle anymore.
Roar will always fail if the opposing pokemon's level is higher than the user's, that's the only way Roar can fail. And I can confirm to you guys that Roar still ends the battle against a single pokemon in a wild battle. It happened to me just a day or so ago so I'm 100% sure of it.

And uh, just so I'm not completely off-topic, I gotta love how pokemon has taught me what certain clothes and accessories are actually called. Before SM if somebody were to ask me if I knew what kind of eyeglasses Horn-Rimmed Glasses were I'd have no answer, which is ironic because I actually have one of those on my face 24/7.

And uh, just so I'm not completely off-topic, I gotta love how pokemon has taught me what certain clothes and accessories are actually called. Before SM if somebody were to ask me if I knew what kind of eyeglasses Horn-Rimmed Glasses were I'd have no answer, which is ironic because I actually have one of those on my face 24/7.
I can't tell you how much real-life trivia I've picked up due to first seeing it in a video game. Through Sun/Moon alone I learned about the diving bell spider (Dewpider), the Hawaiian stilt owl (Decidueye), the coconut crab (Crabrawler), that woodpeckers and toucans are directly related (Pikipek, Toucannon), bombyliidae (Cutiefly, Ribombee), sea bunnies (pukumuku), and the dragon tree (Exeggutor).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 5)