NOC Matrix 12 NOC - Game Over, Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
just got off work, catching up now

before i start tho i wanna give a PSA: i dont like the playstyles of a good number of people here. if i named names then id list (and offend) too many people; ive been halfheartedly keeping up w/ the NOCs here during my mandatory LOA, and i think that a lot of :babyrage: emojis is a good descriptor of games here

that being said! i will attempt to read people based on what they say in their posts, instead of how they say it.

and with THAT being said:
When you were banned 3 times already :/ if you want to talk about something related to the game and aren't in this game talk to twin privately
i remember the first two times (sb66 fiasco, pluslexminun), can u remind me of the third? unless youre pulling more shit out of thin air??? also dont accuse people of ragesubbing w/ no basis; that is the textbook definition of projecting.

ok i wont criticize people personally anymore; gonna catch up and dig in

I'm not really reading a lot into the Big Dick Ego Shit that's been popping up in a few posts here or there. It's an attitude thing and it helps more in reading the players who react than the confident players.

Important points:

-Former and Hawkie argue in a way which reads like bickering over play and semantics which in my experience is TvT. I've seen this consistently from Former too (Former and Haruno in Bulletproof, Former and Moody in Popcorn, Former and me in Town of Salem, Former and I think Haruno again in Neighborhood)

-Way too many people taking stupid shit on setup spec seriously. The scum get a hell of a lot more info on what the setup is (would be more readable if this actually was a matrix like on MU lol) so that kind of confusion reads uninformed.

-Texas is acting really towny right now, exactly the kind of content and pushes I want to see from him. I still think he could have a really good scumgame and surprise me, but his performance as Percival gives me more confidence he'd betray himself as scum.

Reads:

People I think I can usually read pretty well at this point:

Texas - solid townread
KnightsofCydonia - acted really squeamish as scum in Deathnote and I'm looking for that and not seeing much. lean-town 55% confidence.
shubaka17 - Like the energy, like their line of thinking, even if I can't understand it. Please tell me WHY you think Asek is scum because I disagree and want to talk about it. townread 60%
MoodyCloud - Nice empty posts. Not a lot of content, and I'm watching you because I think you'll get me like Yeti did with the sleeper scumgame hiding in your scummy towngame. lean scum 55% confidence cause no content means variable reads.

People who I may never read well without substantial evidence on future days:

Josh - straight null here. All I see is a bunch of shit getting slung.
Walrein - Like I said I like the tone, I like the start. Not much has changed since yesterday and it's still a strong town.
Asek - Same as yesterday, not really seeming to hang back and just says what's on his mind. lean town
Paperblade - I read some past NOCs with him in it and he was scum, but that was years ago. Bickers with Texas in what I feel is TvT though, maybe a bit softer. lean town with not much confidence behind it.
Haruno - Guess I'll just wait for the quality melt to break the ice on the null read. Or see his eventual fake claim which is certain from either alignment.

People I feel I might be starting to get tells on but they either don't have enough scumgames or I've been wrong enough before to be wary:

-Former Hope willing to bet this is town at like 60% confidence
-Hitmonleet I don't like his content much and the play's looking like it's somewhere in confidence between deathnote and popcorn (S-T) maybe more confident scum? lean scum 60%
-Hawkie - I said before I liked the balls, still true. I think I read somewhere that Hawkie knows his shit so if that's true I'll be wary but not till way later. Strong town.
-Jalmont - I don't fucking know what's going on with Jalmont this game. I'm reminded of the time he rolled scum in ToS and just started lynching me and shit with his stuff on Asek and I think as town he'd be more apathetic. Lean scum 55% because D1 Jalmont doesn't give a fuck about D1

People who fucking idle i don't even know what to do with you fools you read the same goddam way every game:

-King - Hasn't this D1 lynch been played? I can't fucking read king and have in separate cases misdefended, mislynched, lynched correctly, and defended him correctly all for the wrong reasons.
-aubisio - People townread this but I'll never forget basic game. He's not excluded from my lynch pool.
-Flyhn --> Ullar - Quit alluding that we're all shitheads and do something productive.

Today I don't Lynch: Former, Walrein, Hawkie, Asek, Texas, Josh, shub.

vote moody cloud let's get that ball rolling

asek said would of not would have or would've and i can't condone that
unlynch lynch asek

setup speculation is dumb and anything i've said already was memes thinking US and Blazade both weren't in game. josh is memeing hardcore and i'm digging it, except for the part where he's confusing everybody else. take him as seriously as you want, if we were lynching on policy and not on actual reads lynching josh would make sense. thankfully, we aren't, so we can keep that mislynch for later.

ullar bb u dum fuk why u do this to us

ok so the main part of that is the flooding and ensuing lack of content in the flood. shit like that gets a warn on PS bc of how annoying it is to deal with. he's trolled some votes thrown at him, he's "responded" to p much everything we say about and to him with memes and no responses, and feels like he's trying to not gonna provide anything except a source of comedic relief.

contrast this to josh, who at least provides some form of reads with his posts, while still memeing. it's one of those things where i can read Josh's posts and take something away from them, while i read asek's posts and find myself wasting time.

Asek

RQS/Nullmont: Jalmont's anti-discussion comment caught my eye and warranted further scrutiny, so I engaged him to get a better read on him. At first it seemed like a potential scumtell, but- having gotten him to elaborate- now I think would only be so if he actually tries to tuck a vote into a stalled day. Without action tied to it, it's just half-formed lip service imo.

Hawkie:
I would have added Hawkie to the previous queries, but 66 has already been questioned and explained. I'm not getting pinged by the explanation, either.
I think I can see where Hawkie was coming from. #101 reads like #66 was supposed to be a reaction test.

Josh: When Josh claimed, I thought he might be VT trying to draw tonight's NK away from PRs, hence "noble gambit". Then he continues by tossing out more results than an actual cop would have gotten on D1. His behavior in this game has been bouncing from confusing to frustrating to disappointing, really hard for me to read. I did lose my cool, but I'm not going to let that happen again. However, I'm worried that if he's Town, scum are going to save him for LyLo/MyLo to try and cash in on the chaos.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
where did fh do this

i would say i agree with texas reads but i dont really get how he came to them if ya kno whamean

i would like the person who texas is supposedly signalling to to step up or alternatively texas says who it is.

i wish i saved that hisoka licking his lips picture for these posts

not like this

this isnt how it works

#147-#149 josh and walrein are both obnoxious whos with me fellas /s <--- this is for former hope

immersed in between these is knights + jalmont weirdo rqs + answer segment. Why do you ask these questions knights? Literally every answer is non alignment indicative, and its more often then not just people going to try gather free townie points. You tried to drag the game into rqs during oc noc where you were scum as well whilst I had pulled us out of that stage iirc. scummy.
in popcorn

I actually don't remember anything moody or leet have done

prolly blazade town since when I checked his reads list those were two of his bigger scumreads

vote moodycloud

insert sheep noises here

Asek

Banned deucer.
ok so the main part of that is the flooding and ensuing lack of content in the flood. shit like that gets a warn on PS bc of how annoying it is to deal with. he's trolled some votes thrown at him, he's "responded" to p much everything we say about and to him with memes and no responses, and feels like he's trying to not gonna provide anything except a source of comedic relief.

contrast this to josh, who at least provides some form of reads with his posts, while still memeing. it's one of those things where i can read Josh's posts and take something away from them, while i read asek's posts and find myself wasting time.
Ahh i think this post is townie

In real time mafia i can see tge game i play being frustrating - shorter deadlines and all that require a need to be concise and makr sure your message doesnt get blurred out by other players. As such its probably smarter for scum to talk a lot more in real time, as to make coordimation for town harder

This doesnt nessecatily translate to forum mafia tho shub. You have plenty of time to read my posts and drain what im thinking abd sating out of it. I think its also a lot more conveniant to.ppst multiplr smallerbposts then hust 1 massive wall but thats just me

Im going to analyze evert player in an elic reads list when i get home, be ready

Okay I've caught up
Hitmonleet's posts felt confused and not exactly useful, idk if it's genuine or fabricated but he's on my radar

Knights I didn't like the tone of so far, felt like he was overly justifying himself and going circles with the "cop claim" stuff

Jalmont is a lot more aggressive than what I remember from him, then again would scum!Jalmont give up on the cover of his usually passive town meta to go balls deep like that ? Will be under scrutiny but wouldn't lynch early

Texas I have no idea what's the deal with this signalling mess but it drew attention to him which scumTexas might not want, I'd never lynch this early either

Blazade's reads post felt weird since I recall him being more passive and waiting to get his shit together before taking action, whereas his post seemed to go after people for meta reasons mostly (me because he thinks he wouldnt catch my scumgame? and a push on Jalmont for meta? overall the post felt unusually reckless from him) -> now on the radar, wouldnt go as far as a scumread because it's more of a gut feeling from meta+tone

FH's first posts were super shady but they were too in popcorn and he was town so I'm afraid to push this again

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like I want to scum read jalmont but I don't, I think he just seemed scummy because he thinks I'm scum

I feel like I want to town read blazade but I don't, getting town read feels good maaan!

Asek Josh Hawkie

I think we should take advantage of the lack of majority and start talking about who we want to lynch now, make sure there's no late bs town wagons or a scum stealth vote into no lynch. Who are you guys thinking atm?

Moody I was passive in popcorn when I thought I would get the gun and shoot literally anyone I wanted with impunity eventually. So I'd have no need to argue with people, just warn them about the pitfalls they'd just step into anyway. Just remember literally any other game we've been in together lol.

Asek not being concise is still a problem in forum mafia and you've voted people in this game for "not saying much with their posts" (which is slightly different but along the same attitude as shubaka's complaint)

Satisfied with that moody post for now.

Vote Ullar give me your fresh take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)