Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ever one came last.

Kyogre entered the field. It began to dirzzle.

Groudon Appreares, it sudden drought began.
Sunny day stays. or it can be.

Groudon Appreares, it sudden drought began.

Kyogre entered the field. It began to dirzzle.

Rain Dance stays.

Biting BulkyGyara?

Could Bite be a viable attack for a BulkyGyara (or any Gyarados with Taunt)? In theory it could remove a decent chunk of damage from Slowbro and Starmie. Not only would Taunt keep Slowbro from using Slack Off or Calm Mind, but Bite could deal more damage to him than Waterfall, Ice Fang, or even Earthquake.

kids ranqe
no mi meant on the first turn they both lead
i think the slower one keeps the weather (is sent out last). Either that or its random.

redmeowth
Could Bite be a viable attack for a BulkyGyara (or any Gyarados with Taunt)? In theory it could remove a decent chunk of damage from Slowbro and Starmie. Not only would Taunt keep Slowbro from using Slack Off or Calm Mind, but Bite could deal more damage to him than Waterfall, Ice Fang, or even Earthquake.
it could but you only have 2 attacking moves and bite/earthquake has wores coverage than waterfall/earthquake. Starmie will probably live and tbolt you anyway. Slowbrow will definately live and switch out. Then you lose stab (bite is half as powerful as waterfall).

Is there any way to get the in-game trainers in D/P to "reset"? I want to battle them again, but all they say is "you're good, I'm going to train harder, etc."

I can't seem to find a Hippopotas in game... I have been running around the Ruin Maniac Cave for about an hour, and all that I have seen are Lvl. 22 Geodudes... Am I in the right place???

I can't seem to find a Hippopotas in game... I have been running around the Ruin Maniac Cave for about an hour, and all that I have seen are Lvl. 22 Geodudes... Am I in the right place???
You need to go to the Cave with the Unown. Iirc, the more Unown you catch, the less rare it becomes.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
rokuta

I was thinking Bite instead of Earthquake, though, like Waterfall/Bite or Ice Fang/Bite.
STAB waterfall would be FAR more useful than bite aganist almost all pokemon.

i am quite sure that how common Hippopotas is is related to how many diferent forms of unown you have caught, if you have caught no forms of unown the chance of finding one is zero, the more unown you cach the better your chances get.

edit: beaten

beating tyraniboah

I was curious- I like specs lucario, but was curious if i could replace the specs with life orb. from what i have seen that generaly is used on mixed sweepers, but i was wondering if it had value for special lucario. My reasoning was that if i switched in on a tyranitar with sub up after losing one of my own, i could break the sub and use vacuum wave to finish it off. ON subject of breaking subs- i was wondering what decides the priority on some attacks? i understand the speed and priority attacks, but i dont understand why once in a while you get two attacks in a row using something like quick attack or ice shards. can anyone help me with these two questions?

I was curious- I like specs lucario, but was curious if i could replace the specs with life orb. from what i have seen that generaly is used on mixed sweepers, but i was wondering if it had value for special lucario. My reasoning was that if i switched in on a tyranitar with sub up after losing one of my own, i could break the sub and use vacuum wave to finish it off. ON subject of breaking subs- i was wondering what decides the priority on some attacks? i understand the speed and priority attacks, but i dont understand why once in a while you get two attacks in a row using something like quick attack or ice shards. can anyone help me with these two questions?
There is a priority list someone on smogon, I don't have a list, someone else should know.

If 2 Pokemon use a Priority move, NOT in Trick Room, the faster Pokemon will go first

If 2 Pokemon use a Priority move IN Trick Room, the slower pokemon will go first.

How does togekiss learn Tri Attack? The strategy guide says it does, but I can't find how.

EDIT: also, if you click Tri Attack, it shows all pokémon that learn Tri Attack, and Togekiss isn't one of those. So it's a mistake I guess.

How does togekiss learn Tri Attack? The strategy guide says it does, but I can't find how.

EDIT: also, if you click Tri Attack, it shows all pokémon that learn Tri Attack, and Togekiss isn't one of those. So it's a mistake I guess.
serebii attack dex d/p doesn't show any XD moves or 3rd gen moves, Search tri attack on attackdex (normal 3rd gen), and you will see togekiss. It learns it by trading over zaprong.

serebii attack dex d/p doesn't show any XD moves or 3rd gen moves, Search tri attack on attackdex (normal 3rd gen), and you will see togekiss. It learns it by trading over zaprong.
Actually the person gives you Togepi and asks you to purify it, when you do it, he trades "your" Togepi with Tri-Attack for Elekid, named Zaprong.
But you aren't obrigated to trade back.

URGH, I can't figure out whats wrong with my WFC. It lets me fight battles, but near the end it does a random disconnect, always about 3/4 of the way through. Is there any internet settings that causes this?

Encore always goes last? Or does it go before Roar?
No priority for Encore. it's just a normal move like Ice Beam and Surf.
URGH, I can't figure out whats wrong with my WFC. It lets me fight battles, but near the end it does a random disconnect, always about 3/4 of the way through. Is there any internet settings that causes this?
Sometimes this happens with me too. I just wait for a while and it returns normal. Restarting DS worked for me... once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)