The World Cup of Pokemon III - Captain/Roster Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am glad to see all of the applications we have recieved, already over 150! This is great, but now it is time to get to business. I warned that not everyone would get a chance to play, and for this I am sorry. For those that are selected, I implore you to be active, be interested and be proud of your team.

This thread is dedicated to the formation of rosters. A captain has been selected for each of the 12 teams, and they have the responsibility of filling out 7 more people in their roster and 2 subs. Again, captains were chosen based on reliability/skill/knowledge of battlers skills. I am sorry if you feel you deserved it, but these were the best choices. Captaincy plays no role in the pairings, and is merely a formality, but it is important to have someone in charge to organize the team and make appropriate substitutions.

So after much deliberation, here are the final 12 teams selected, fitted with captains:

Team Canada:
Captain: Jackal
- CLegacyM
- cloud
- skarm
- jrrrrrrr
- Yagami Light
- Gouki
- Stalling
Sub: Gormenghast
Sub: Ripchord

Team Asia:
Captain: goofball
- husk
- MoP
- Karrot
- SePh
- [kd8]otome
- salaspectrum
- VIL
Sub: Brawley
Sub: Pocket
Honourary Co-Captain: Shiv

Team South America:
Captain: omni
- spies
- jc_rcw
- matheusfullmetal
- Conker
- Mario with Lasers
- DD.
- Batistutu
Sub: PG (Dark Articuno)
Sub: Mr. Italian Guy

Team Oceania:
Captain: Blue Kirby
- Hipmonlee
- Earthworm
- Antique Roadshow
- Mysterious Stallion
- Lord_Sunday
- massi4h
- hibachi
Sub: Puggy
Sub: animenagai

Team USA East:
Captain: JesiahTEG
- Floppy
- Mystica
- Fade Away
- Thunderhorse
- Balb
- FM
- Ultimascout
Sub: Green Pikachu
Sub: 3n3my

Team USA Central:
Captain: Loki
- Aeolus
- FiveKRunner
- SSBM roy
- Obi
- LonelyNess
- Roy
- Symon
Sub: Teifu
Sub: Raito Light

Team USA West:
Captain: Warthog
- zerowing
- batpig
- Sonuis
- Lord Gloom
- Slice n Dice
- Metabou
- picklesword
Sub: Calciphoce
Sub: TAY

Team USA South:
Captain: Captkirby
- TheBM
- Fishin
- Foreys
- Judgement
- Max
- Pilocus
- Sk
Sub: maddog
Sub: Venom

Team USA Metro:
Captain: Surgo
- Aldaron
- Aamto
- IggyBot
- TTS
- Maniaclyrasist
- Giga Punch
- JabbaTheGriffin
Sub: The Lexx
Sub: Kira

Team UK:
Captain: Phuquoph
- timw06
- Taylor
- Melon
- Toothache
- Havak
- dynamo
- Ghandi1988
Sub: Seraethan
Sub: GBH713

Team Germany:
Captain: ]v[ajin Tupac_Z
- StrangerDanger
- Xanatoss
- Jirachi268
- Sapientia
- Michilele
- GG
- OBSTL
Sub1: Aqua
Sub2: Binabik

Team Europe:
Captain: Mekkah
- Dak
- Andeby
- gr33n
- rojo23
- WER
- [Sini]Eiganjo
- COalex
Sub: West
Sub: Rag

I would ask all captains to set out to assemble their team as quickly as possible, making sure to contact everyone to get consent, researching prospects to fill the team, etc. It is in your hands to field the best possible team. I am giving you until friday to complete this task. Post finalized rosters in the topic or PM them to me ASAP to help other captains pick from peoples second options that did not make it for their first choice.

Captains, feel free to recruit whomever you want to play for your team if you deem them good enough, as long as they meet the requirements. You can use the signup topic as a resource as well. Do not be timid, seek out the best players, hold "prelim matches" to give people a chance to provethemselves, etc. You have a great responsibility, get to it :)

EDIT for confusion: To the non-captains: sit tight, your job is to contact the captain to let them know who you are and that you want to play, and hope that they pick you.

This is shaping up to be a great tournament, thanks for the cooperation :)

PS: Go Canada!

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My mans:

1: Surgo
2: Aldaron
3: Aamto
4: IggyBot
5: TTS
6: Maniaclyrasist
7: Giga Punch
8: JabbaTheGriffin

The subs will have to say they accept, because somebody else might give them a real spot obviously.
Sub 1: WER
Sub 2: Sk

Looks like I didnt get picked this time. Anyway good luck Surgo, I hope your team makes it to the top.

Im surprised I was made captain.. I accept and make the best team possible. I might set up a date to play with some of the players to give them a chance.

zerowing, batpig, and Sonius are in USA West if they wish too. If you all accept help suggest some players that you know are good and in our region.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man what I thought I was lock for captain, anyway Warthog pick me. Also putting my support behind Slice N Dice and Calciphoce.

Calciphone is pretty good, I played him last round in the smogon tourney. I've never seen Slice play though or at least not in my recent memory. Ill have to watch him play.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Team Oceania
Captain: Blue Kirby
- Hipmonlee
- Earthworm
- Antique Roadshow
- Mysterious Stallion
- Lord_Sunday
- massi4h
- hibachi
Sub: Puggy
Sub: animenagai

There were a lot of good players to choose from in Oceania as it turned out. I just wish I had more space to fit you all in.

If all my selections could confirm their availability on Shoddy or in PM or something just to clarify, that'd be great.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Confirming Oceania place, and saying I'm glad to have been chosen amoungst such a promising group.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It means that if one of the team has to pull out or something along those lines, you'll be replacing them.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
You're never just cut, unless of course you need to pull out at any point for some reason. You'll be on standby until we need you or the tournament ends.

You're never just cut, unless of course you need to pull out at any point for some reason. You'll be on standby until we need you or the tournament ends.
wohoo! go team oceania :naughty:. i'll be a starter next tourney, just you wait. anyways, do teams usually discuss team strats or anything? like having very different teams to play different opponents, that kinda thing? inter-team RMT's?

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
You guys don't need to confirm over here, just confirm to the captain directly. As long as the captain is satisfied with it, we're good. This is because the captain's the one who'll have to sub you out etc if you don't take part later. So yeah.

Team UK:
Captain: Phuquoph
- timw06
- Taylor
- Melon
- Toothache
- Havak
- dynamo
- Ghandi1988
Sub: Seraethan
Sub: GBH713

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)