Facial Hair

Okay, so over the last few years I've been hitting the years where I have to shave eh I'd say about every day or every other day or so... I really dislike shaving- and I've found that tinkering with facial hair has become sort of an obsession for lack of a better word.

So the point of this topic is to tell me what kind of facial hair styles you guys like, it's relatively hard for me to achieve symmetricalness since both sides of my face grow in different directions but I try my hardest anyway. Being totally bare is a nuisance I absolutely LOATHE when people touch my face when it's bare it just makes me feel dirty!

I'm not really a moustache fan but I try anything new that I see. I was looking through the photo album today and that's what sparked my interest to start this topic up because I can't stand to talk about this with my friends since they're all usually clean shaven. I tried the reverse goatee once and I looked like a fucking serial killer, but I love reactions like that.

:pimp:

I go with the totally scruffyness look, except for the fact that I shave my mustache.

I'll trim my beard about once every two week with an electric shaver, but still keep it noticeably long. I<3facial hair. I <X shaving. Its basically a cut my face fest when I shave.

I tried an electric shaver since I got one for christmas, I used it for about two months I couldnt fucking stand it. It felt like it was plucking most of the hairs out of my face.

oh, so do you use a straight razor? or a gay razor?
(waits for laughter)

anyways, i found that i like a clean shaven face better, and i guess im not as goodlooking as you are cuz no one ever touches my face.
i dont know that much about facial hair as ive never felt the urge to grow a beard or ustache, so i just shave every day or so.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i try to shave everything, or nothing. that way i can say yeah, i'm busy so no shaving for me.

i prefer shaven myself, my girlfriend says she likes a bit of stubble but i hate it when things grow on my face : (.

Cloud said:
i try to shave everything, or nothing.
Did anyone else instantly think dirty, dirty, thoughts when reading this? hahahaha.

Yeah electric shavers can kinda be a face plucking pain.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
nothing more than a bit of scruff works for me... but i'd have to say that facial hair choices should never depend on others' opinions... you've gotta figure out what's good on you, giga.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
if it's any more humourous, i shave down there too. gotta keep trim down there otherwise it gets stinky. also girls don't like it.

i'm so cool.

topic name is facial hair vaginasaur cloud

I would like to grow a beard. which, if you know me, is kinda hard because i'm only 17 and there isn't much hair growin on the side on my face right now. but i do have to shave my moustache and "goatee" from like week to week.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I always encourage others that can grow a beard or anything stylish to at least try, as I believe every man should sport a beard at least once in our lifetime.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bleh, if I don't trim my facial hair, it starts to feel kinda hot and nasty. Regardless, I never shave it off completely (if I do I look like a friggin 12-year old and I'm actually 17 -.-). I've got a nice soulpatch and goatee going, but not much anywhere else on my face right now.

I want a philosopihcal beard. Not a turban dude's beard though, don't want to be brown santa here!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Trimming so long as it stays stylish and symmetrical should be ideal. In my case as I get older and more grey hairs appear, I have the choice to dye it at least so it stays younger looking. Ironic how teenagers try to look older and then some of us try to look younger.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i rock the short scruffy look most times but every now and then i don't trim it back and it gets pretty long and beardy

I just have sideburns. It's kinda hard for me to do anything else, since it doesn't grow THAT much for a 15 year old (even though I'm brown), and my left side grows more slowly than my right side. It actually grows more than most people my age.

I don't know, I'm kinda neutral on sideburns (sometimes I like 'em, sometimes I don't).

My facial hair grows kinda fast, but I only cut it occasionally, maybe once or twice a month, so it can get a bit bushy. I have a shaver but I'm out of oil and don't want to deal with it, so I'm stuck with a shitty razor.

I'm trying to find my fucking trimming scissors at the moment. I could have sworn I left 'em in the bathroom, but they're probably laying around in my bedroom on the ground where I might just walk. Erggg. Eh I'll find the bastards.

I started using an electric razor 3 months ago and I love it. I hate the completely shaven look, it makes me look like I'm 14 or something, when I'm actually 21 =\ Electric razor makes it look so much better, tho I also like it when it gets scruffy. So every 2 weeks or so I use the electric razor. French beard is quite awesome [hair only on your mouth/chin, no hair on the cheeks] tho still didn't get to try it out completely.

I sincerely plan to grow a moustache at some point.
I don't know when though because I fear the in between stage when it's so scruffy.

At the moment I prefer to be clean shaven and I get upset if I forget to in the morning since I think it implies a lack of care.

Cloud, your dancing dino goes with the song: Get Rhythm by Jonny Cash.

I have both a mustache and a beard, but my mustache sticks out , and my beard is more faint, making me look like a gay French guy. I would shave it, but I kinda feel natural with it, and I do not trust the "it will grow back real fast" fact that much.

I think you should let all your facial hair, including your mustache, (if you have one) to grow for a while, then keep it trimmed, but not too short.
Slightly cut is awesome.

Also, something for Vidd:

@ Vidd: Your mustache never gets scruffy, or too scruffy, let it grow.

Personally, I would love to have my facial hair in full bloom, no cutting! All natural =)

I started using an electric razor 3 months ago and I love it. I hate the completely shaven look, it makes me look like I'm 14 or something, when I'm actually 21 =\ Electric razor makes it look so much better, tho I also like it when it gets scruffy. So every 2 weeks or so I use the electric razor. French beard is quite awesome [hair only on your mouth/chin, no hair on the cheeks] tho still didn't get to try it out completely.
Excuse me? 14 year olds with no facial hair??? Explain me then..... Although I kinda look like Borat.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)