How could we make Smogon better?

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
No, don't wait for Competitor... that's not going to be in the works until the site is ready.

Yes to both questions

I think we should have a comprehensive/detailed list on the content of the D/P research thread. Specifically, ones that pertain to Battle effects. That should open up new strategies for the whole game.

I mean, I think there should be an organized list detailing the not so common effects of moves/items/abilities in battle. Think of it as reorganizing the D/P research thread.

I know it seems kinda weird but it's what popped in my head lol.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think he means certain battle effects that people may be unaware of, such as what happens when you U-turn to a Choiced Pokémon that also knows U-turn.

However, when these things are discovered, we usually add them to the move drescriptions etc. He's looking at a page just for explaining these types of things...

Edit: Beaten

Yeah Havak, That's what I meant.
A page detailing that could result into new strategies exploiting these.
Then again, it's just an idea.

Like a Team Rate Tournament (I'm confused but I think that is what you were trying to say).....? I'd say that'd be fairly complicated / silly, but hey that is my own opinion.
Yeah a rmt tournament, I always thought it would be cool to make a whole bunch of teams and compete without actually battling.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Ok, no more ideas for tournaments please. If you want to start a tournament, take it to the tournaments section.

This would probably be hard to do, but you could make is to that typing in the name of a Pokemon in between colons or something makes a sprite appear on the forums. For example, if I type in

Code:
:Froslass:
would appear on the forums. It would make writing trade threads and RMTs a lot easier. Making them smilies could also work, but that sounds like it would be harder to implement and it would probably take more time to get the sprite that you are looking for.

This would probably be hard to do, but you could make is to that typing in the name of a Pokemon in between colons or something makes a sprite appear on the forums. For example, if I type in

Code:
:Froslass:
would appear on the forums. It would make writing trade threads and RMTs a lot easier. Making them smilies could also work, but that sounds like it would be harder to implement and it would probably take more time to get the sprite that you are looking for.
I use to go to a forum that had something similar to that but the code was like this.
Code:
[pokemon]Froslass[/pokemon]
It would make things easier.

I think it'd be pretty cool if we had topics in Wi-Fi solely for battling besides standard, Uber and Doubles specifically. I know we have "Battle Me," but posters in that topic who battle other than standard are few and far between.

i have an idea, a store directory like search feature.
basically the user types in the pokemon they want and a list of stores that has that pokemon comes up in the list, dunno how easy that is to do but with the mass of stores we have this would make our life easier

On the analysis:

Tell how a Pokemon learns the move ( i.e. if it can only be through Purification on XD or Emerald move tutors or TMs ).

How to chain egg moves onto a Pokemon.

Where the Pokemon is found on each game.

For the stradegy pokedex, u could like make a thread where people post stradegies and u take the good ones (after trials of course) and post them. This way, new stradegies are always being made and posted.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
For the stradegy pokedex, u could like make a thread where people post stradegies and u take the good ones (after trials of course) and post them. This way, new stradegies are always being made and posted.
Apparently, you've never been to Analysis Workshop. Also, typing "u" instead of "you" could get you infracted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)