Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you breed 2 same pokemons together and the mother and father have different abilities, will the egg always take the ability of the father?

I am breeding for Gorebyss.... Which spread should i aim for?
Modest: 252 Sp.atk/252 HP @ Choice Specs
Timid: 252 Sp.atk/252 Speed@ Choice Scarf

I won't use Gorebyss as a Rain Dancer or Baton Passer and maxing out speed on a non choice scarf is utterly useless.

Is 252 Spatk/252HP on a Modest Choice Specs Gorebyss usable?

I am breeding for Gorebyss.... Which spread should i aim for?
Modest: 252 Sp.atk/252 HP @ Choice Specs
Timid: 252 Sp.atk/252 Speed@ Choice Scarf

I won't use Gorebyss as a Rain Dancer or Baton Passer and maxing out speed on a non choice scarf is utterly useless.

Is 252 Spatk/252HP on a Modest Choice Specs Gorebyss usable?
Specs is (in most opinions) a better option over scarf. Maxing out speed and Sp.att on your specs set is required, with remaining EVs in HP.

Speed and Sp.att should be your primary focus for a special sweeper anyway.

is HP fighting viable on banette running brave over adamant?
Not really.
You're best off running the physical/status set, cause it's special attack has not much potential.

Unless of course you are running a CM set with a timid nature.

Not really.
You're best off running the physical/status set, cause it's special attack has not much potential.

Unless of course you are running a CM set with a timid nature.
i'd figure the fact that i said brave nature implied i wasn't doing a special set :S

i'm just curious because i'm breeding them and keep getting random 30s in perfect hp fighting stats.

i'd figure the fact that i said brave nature implied i wasn't doing a special set :S

i'm just curious because i'm breeding them and keep getting random 30s in perfect hp fighting stats.
Uh... A mixed set for Banette is a possible option, what are your proposed EVs?

if i give my Relaxed natured Magnemite an everstone can i breed with a Bronzor and get a Bronzor with a relaxed nature?

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
1) Do EVs even make a difference when have a Lv5 Little Cup battle?

2) If a pokemon was created via AR, it would show up as a Bad Egg on PBR, correct?

Question: What's the easiest way to get a pokemon Hack checked/EV wiped/IV checked. I just got a Bold Celebi offa GTS and I need to know if it has good enough stats...

if i give my Relaxed natured Magnemite an everstone can i breed with a Bronzor and get a Bronzor with a relaxed nature?
No they cant breed together. try getting a relaxed Ditto (make sure its holding an everstone) thats the only way to pass natures to genderless pokemon.

Is Magic Guard supposed to become inactive after Clefable uses Struggle

eg:
Deoxys-e used Recover.
Deoxys-e restored 43% of its health.
Clefable used Struggle.
Deoxys-e lost 4% of its health.
Clefable was hit by recoil!
Clefable lost 25% of its health.
Deoxys-e's leftovers restored its health a little!
Deoxys-e restored 4% of its health.
Clefable is hurt by poison!
Clefable lost 75% of its health.

timw06's Clefable fainted.
or is it a Shoddy bug?

1) Do EVs even make a difference when have a Lv5 Little Cup battle?

2) If a pokemon was created via AR, it would show up as a Bad Egg on PBR, correct?
1. Yes, you just don't usually end maxing them out in the particular stats.

2. I've used Pokesaved Pokemon on PBR but they didn't work online. I think the only reason it would show up as a bad egg is if you have more than 510 total EV's.

Question:

Opponent lays rocks down. I put up a Sub. I use Baton Pass and bring in another Pokemon.

Which takes the Stealth Rocks damage? The Sub or the new Pokemon?

Uh... A mixed set for Banette is a possible option, what are your proposed EVs?
i guess i should've phrased my question better-- it was really more of a "is HP fighting even worth it to breed onto a non -spatk banette?" i'm pretty much arbitrarily picking things to breed from suggestions irl, banette isn't something i'd be using on a team so i have no real spread for it :\

Does Transform copy stat boosts from something that is not an actual 'boost' (Scarf, Marvel Scale, etc.)? Pretty sure it does but just wanted to make sure.

If you Transform into something with a Choice Band, and gain its CB boosted Attk, and have your own CB, do they stack?

And just because I'm wondering, when you Transform into something that has, say, +1 in Spd from Dragon Dance, when you copy their Speed does it count as their current Speed is now your speed, or their original Speed is now your speed and you get a boost?

What happens if a Mono-Flying uses Roost?

ie: Kecleon is hit by Aerial Ace, and then the next turn it Mimics Roost, will the turn it Roosts, make it "Typeless"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)