Platinum Changes on Shoddy!

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't really understand why they nerfed Hypnosis accuracy. Theoretically, unless I use Shaymin-s or one of the alternate Rotom forms nothing stops me from playing in D/P, with the 70% accuracy.

I say we go to town with Shaymin's alternate form as much as possible before its enivitable banning :D

True, maybe they did it too as a way to counterbalance Gengar getting Trick. 60% also makes it a win-lose situation with a high risk but also high results.

Do they have the new platinum sprites?

EDIT: also interesting to note that Garchomp usage CONTINUES to rise.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We don't know enough about how Hypnosis functions between DPP yet to make a certain decision. However, Platinum is now THE version of Pokemon; all Nintendo tournaments will be played on Platinum so it seems logical that we replicate that game rather than living in the past simply because we don't want our Gengars to miss.

Ok, question: Is it just me, or did SHoddy Stop working? SHoddy lagged, I used Ctrl Alt Delete, then I tried relaunching it, it said: ünable to launch application"

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok, question: Is it just me, or did SHoddy Stop working? SHoddy lagged, I used Ctrl Alt Delete, then I tried relaunching it, it said: ünable to launch application"
I had this too, completly uninstall Shoddy via your computers 'installed programs' ljst then reinstall it.
Don't just delete Shoddy like I did first.

Thanks, but I'm sorry Im such a noob at these things, where's the uninstall button? I checked the Start Button with SHoddy Battle, in wasn't there.

EDIT: NVM, I think I've found it.

Anyways, back on topic, will there be any significant changes to the metagame? The tiers?

Thanks, but I'm sorry Im such a noob at these things, where's the uninstall button? I checked the Start Button with SHoddy Battle, in wasn't there.

EDIT: NVM, I think I've found it.

Anyways, back on topic, will there be any significant changes to the metagame? The tiers?
Its way too early to tell, but all I have to say is don't always go with what people told you to do. If ya wanna check out what some teams might look like check out my RMT thread. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45958

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We don't know enough about how Hypnosis functions between DPP yet to make a certain decision. However, Platinum is now THE version of Pokemon; all Nintendo tournaments will be played on Platinum so it seems logical that we replicate that game rather than living in the past simply because we don't want our Gengars to miss.
Exactly. New games are going to keep coming out, and we just have to keep following nintendo. If you didn't think that, you might as well go back to netbattle and play advanced gen. >.>

edit: Though I do realize there are people who do this.

Well, that was fast...didn't expect them to be done so soon.

Btw, only supporting Platinum and screwing D/P is a dumb move by Nintendo. Just saying...

I can't wait to make my new offensive team. cause let's fase it. The iffensive end got boosted much further then the defensives in platimun. Also bullet punch scizor is going to be top 3 togheter with mence and Skymin [/predict]

I was just trying to make a new team, there's Skymin, Oritina in the list but I haven't seen any new moves to Skymin and other Pokemon who got new moves..

meh its offical, skymin won't be banned
and woo, a team consisiting of wobby, garchomp, deoxy-s and skymin... what fun... not.
None of those Pokemon with the possible exception of Shaymin-s (who is untested) are broken, and they have poor synergy anyway. I doubt your "team" proposed would even do well; I think the refrigerator Rotom makes all four of them sweat actually.

We don't have data about a lot of unevolved Pokemon so we didn't include them. They will be added, along with sprites for the new Pokemon, shortly. Platinum sprites for Pokemon with DP sprites are extremely low priority; it seriously doesn't matter at all.

Hypnosis's accuracy reduction was good design in my opinion; it fixes the original mistake DP had of hurting the special utility of grass types for sleep. The way it stands now, Sleep Powder is again much more accurate than Hypnosis; that seems more fair to me than it being just barely more accurate. In any case, we have to move forward. Platinum made the mechanics change, and Platinum will be the standard. Shoddy Battle's only job here is to faithfully emulate the game mechanic.

If you don't see Pokemon with new moves, make a new team. Opening an old team can cause problems. If you still don't see them, I'm not sure what your problem could be; be sure you are checking a fully evolved Pokemon that has at least one new move (so not Wobbuffet, Ditto, or Unown).

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm excited to see some of these additions actually perform in a match for a certain period of time, so we can analyze what truely remains dominent and what new additions arise to the top, instead of predicting what we think may happen. We have overhyped so many things before in the past, so there's a possibility that we may be wrong about Scizor's predicted usage increase; before we have even experienced its new-found additions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)