Pets

It's about time for that thread. Talk about pets and pet care, post pictures and stories about your pets.

I myself have a red eared slider (Akupara), a cat (Minçi, and yes, the name predates Excel Saga by far. Hell, the name predates most Smogon members by a good ten years if not more. ) and, recently, a tortoise (I think Russian tortoise, name is Boğazkesen. I have him "bask" on top of my adapter. ) both the slider and the tortoise are way under four inches required by USA law because I'm in Turkey fuck your retarded laws. No pictures as of now, may get them up later on.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Funny this was posted now, just changed my cats' litter box.

Anyway, I have two Birman cats, sisters, 2 years old each. One is a "Chocolate Tortie Point," meaning speckled brown face/eyes and red tail and her name is Cleo. The other is a Blue Cream point (gray eyes/face) named Jasmine. Both of them are awesome :)

May edit with pictures later. Alper you hae some cool pets, especially the slider (never heard of that before).

I have a dog, Milo, and a turtle, Shell. The dog is an english springer spaniel, my dad takes him hunting but he's a great family dog too, though sometimes he likes his space and gets mad when you go by him...but yea most people like our dog. The turtle is I believe a malaysian box turtle, he's pretty old now, 13, and still going. What's funny about him is that he seems to react to music. When I was younger I thought it was hilarious and the specific song he liked was from the musical the Phantom of the Opera. I guess he still likes listening to certain things and I like music too so he's the perfect turtle lol, but I'm not much into theatre so he doesn't get to hear his song anymore

I have a tuxedo cat named Angeline. I want a dog, but none of us at home aren't around a lot to take care of it.

I've got a brown Tabby cat named Niki, scept he's such a fat bastard -__- I swear that he never stops eating.

I've two cats, a girl (Aurora) and a boy (Kefka) that one of our mom's coworkers gave to us two years ago when they were kittens. Kefka's pretty mellow, despite the name, and tends to just cuddle up next to people. Aurora, though, is scared of her own shadow and hides from everyone except my mom and me.

We had another cat before them, named Cougar, and she was absolutely nuts; she attacked anything that moved and a lot of things that didn't. However, she got out one night when my mom came into the house. Our next door neighbors found her and, knowing full well she was our cat, took her to the animal shelter without telling us beforehand, the bastards.

On a side note, I'd love to have a pet rat, but of course my mother won't let me over her house and my father won't let me over his, despite all evidence I've provided that they're really not that bad.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, well I have a female miniature schnauzer named Ginger. I love my doggy, she's been with me since I was 4 years old, and she's 13 years old now (we got her when she was 4 months old). Sadly, this means that she probably does not have many more years ahead of her, but whatever. We aren't allowed to walk her anymore, because she has a crappy limp that she has to take painkillers for. However, she can walk pretty well with the painkillers.

It's mostly in the summer that we're not allowed to walk her though. However, I wouldn't dare walk her now anyways, since there's all this white shit coming out of the sky these days in Canada.

I actually have a little story I'd like to share with you guys about her:

Basically, my dog nearly lost her life one day when she was a lot younger. My mom and my dog were sitting outside in the backyard, and they were sitting on the patio deck. My dog has a collar that happens to have some circular ring on it, and while she was lying down, it got caught in the deck while she was wearing it. It was too hard to simply take off the collar, because when it got caught, my dog was squirming like mad, because she was choking. Yeah, my mom got pretty fuckin scared and let out a huge scream. Luckily, she got herself together after trying to take the thing out, to no avail. A few seconds later, she was able to pull the collar out from the opening where it got caught, and my dog was saved. I'm just thankful that she survived that...

Also, another little story. My dog ate girl guide cookies and somehow survived, even though chocolate is SUPPOSED to be poisonous to dogs. She's a resilient little dog I'll tell you.

Heh, why I told you those stories, I don't know.

I've shared my life with 3 dogs

first one was an English female Cocker Spaniel, just one year younger than me. She was such a lady, wouldn't get dirty ever and seemed to feel bad after she did something like puking. She lived a long life, until 15

next one was a male boxer. He lived 13 years (I think). We found him abandoned as a puppy in the park, while we still had the Cocker Spaniel. They never got along, so having both in the house was sort of a mess, but both were loved equally.

now I have a female boxer, just 8 months old. I love boxers, they're such vivid, playful, intelligent, powerful and social creatures. This one sort of has a temper problem but it's getting better as she gets older. Anyway I really like dogs. The years that went by between the loss of my second dog and the arrival of my new dog felt really sad and empty

I also have 4 parakeets (two straight couples) and had more that died. I'm not really sure if these birds were made for me since I'm terrible at handling them and even worse at training them. However, they're really cute and we've gotten used to them so we keep them. I think I'll get a larger bird in the future, like a cocktiel, I hear awesome things about them and would like to try actually training a bird.

I have a question to people who have turtles: what's the deal with them and salmonella? I would like a turtle but for everyone in the house to not be able to handle it freely could be too annoying...

Salmonella isn't really that bad; everybody talks about it but personally I haven't met anybody who's ever had it. Just make sure to wash your hands after you handle them (I've had a Leopard Gecko and various other lizards).

We used to have like a 60 gallon fish tank where we kept a bunch of cichlids and a red-eared slider (turtle) but we ended up giving that away. We also used to have a malamute/husky mix, Sammy, that was an amazing dog. Sadly, she died a couple of years ago. We also used to have (starting to get the picture?) a black cocker spaniel that we found in the middle of nowhere while driving from Montrose in Colorado, but my brother woke up one morning and let the dog out the front door thinking it was the back door. I guess he was sleepwalking, but I've always been mad at him for that, as the dog was amazing (and my brother is just stupid in general).

I currently have a terrier mix that's about 9-10 years old. He's creamish blonde colored and isn't as energetic as he used to be, but he's still a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure he's blind in one eye now, but he still deals around just fine..he's actually barking at somebody at the door right now :P.

When I move out I plan on getting another dog, possibly a cocker spaniel (one of the smaller breeds) or one of the terrier breeds.

I have the best dog ever. Yes it came from a puppy mill so you all can bash me on that since we all know how fucked up those are. To be far, I had no say in the pet selection process. I love my dog to death though.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I have a question to people who have turtles: what's the deal with them and salmonella? I would like a turtle but for everyone in the house to not be able to handle it freely could be too annoying...
I'm pretty sure this is not true, as I had 2 river turtles from a near by river that I found, and had them for almost 3 years, and everyone in my house handled them, so you should probably not fear about that, I can tell you from experience.

And I've had a turtle for 13 years (see above), no issues whatsoever, and I've had a lot of people pick that thing up as well

I own A dog a cat and an iguana. My dogs name is Sammy (Davis Jr.) My cats name is Frankie (Sinatra) and my iguana's name is cat. My parents wanted to name my iguana Dean but I put an end to the ratpack madness. My dog is a mutt but looks most like a rotweiler and black lab. He is the biggest chicken ever and is very fond of my mom. He is deathly afraid of cat for some reason. My cat is a very well tempered cat. He spends equal amounts of time lounging around, Going wild running around the house, and stalking peoples feet. He is an orange tabby and is very affectionate of both me and my sister. My Iguanna is my own and i take full care of her. I have had her for the past 3 years and have raised her as a baby. She is very taken care of and I have trained her to be very social. she even sleeps with my cat which is the cutest thing you will ever see. By the way, if you ever think about adopting an iguana, i reccomend evaluating if you have the time to do it. They take up ALOT of time and i spend quite a bit of money on collard greens and fresh veggies.

And to answer your question on salmonella, You have to take certian percautions. Dont let reptiles in the kitchen ever. Also wash your hands before and after handling reptiles and dont eat in rooms your reptiles have access to. If you are cautious you have a very low chance of contracting salmonella

Your thinking about baby turtles. They are now illegal to own in 49 states because of the diseases they where passing on to there owners. I know thats true for a fact, but I don't know what the disease is that they pass.

I myself have a red eared slider
I used to have one...I named it Ralph, even though it was female:

One day a crow randomly swooped in on it...true story.

rip Ralph

p.s. - I had a box turtle when I was younger (named Freeway), but I gave it away...had a Madagascar Day Gecko (named Gex, after the videogame character), but it died unfortunately (rip Gex).

I have a German Shepherd/Black Lab/Sharpae and is about 2 years old. I remember how he used to actually(not kidding) turn the hose on and off when he needed water. We could never get on tape to send to AFV.

I've got a bonsai tree that I talk to sometimes when I'm giving it water, but my dorm doesn't allow pets unless they're fish :[

Have two dogs at home though, a golden retriever named comet and a little black mutt mix named dixie. We're also taking care of my girlfriend's cats for a while, I have no idea what kind they are :P There's a big fluffy white one named demetri and an old orange one named sunset.

all I got. The tree's nothing special and I think it might be dying :[ (I hope not as it was a gift from said girlfriend!)

Just a cat for me, though I do have a gecko egg waiting to hatch. My girlfriend has a gecko and my roommate has 4 geckos and 2 eggs. I have had everything under the sun from reptiles to cockroaches and guinea pigs to frogs. Also alot of kinds of fish, excluding salt water.

One day I kind of want a green cheek conure or a chameleon, but I figure the novelty will wear off as it so often does with cool animals and they will just turn into a high maintenance burden.

Ambitions: Your article is kind of silly. Though I didn't read much of it, I'm guessing they didn't link the cases of salmonella with people PUTTING THE ANIMALS INTO THEIR MOUTHS. I'm not even kidding, people kissing their animals is the other reason it happens. It's a very low risk if you aren't actually doing something stupid with them. I'd know, I have researched reptiles before.

I have a half-year-old cockatiel (not sure how old he was when I first got him...) named Klavier, who is a downright rascal that loves to get into everything and chew on everything and cling onto my mom and I 24/7. He's recently learned how to wolf-whistle and tries to use the trick to convince us to let him out of the cage, and he likes sitting on my face when I take a nap. A little affectionate feathered brat that we both love and adore.

Yes, I did take the name from AJ: AA. I wanted to name him Apollo, but I didn't like the "Polly want a cracker" connotation with him so I went with the next best thing.

I sort-of wish my mom would let me have a rabbit too, but she doesn't like mammals. Besides, Klavier might get jealous. :P

AJers

Your typical e-wench
That's just depressing, Flash gearz.

And that's fantastic, Blue. I've never had a cockatiel, they sound fun!

I know I've posted in a topic similar to this one before, so I'm not going to go look for pictures...

The only animal I have right now is one of my childhood dogs, Boo. He's a pekingnese who has senioritis. He's utterly adorable, and still acts like a puppy (when he's not sleeping, lol). When I get home, he jumps all over me and whimpers and runs around the house banging into random things, etc. I love him! He's definitely the one thing in the world who knows ALL of my secrets. In the summer my younger sister KK is getting her own place; we're going to share custody of him, she lives in another state... We'll see how it goes!

I have two hamsters ^^

My first hamster is a male named "Obelix' Irror", but I just call him Irror. He's the hamster in my avatar btw. He has been very succesful on hamstershows, in april he was best in show-3 in pet class, and last show in october he got 85 points and CK (basically means he has the quality to get a certificate but had a little to low score) in standard. His color is Sable roan.

My other hamster is a long haired female. Her name in the pedigree is "Englatassens Toisette", but she's called Maja. She is 3 month old and her color is golden Umburus. She will hopefully have babies in january/february ^^

I picked up this adult, badass cat once and it sticked with me for like 8 months. it was very independent, and also pretty fucking crazy (sometimes he'd just go and scratch my sister for no reason - fuck yeah cat i love you). However once we went on vacations, he run away from home :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)