np: UU - A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find NastyBat after one set-up to be a scare, I've been using it lately and if you get a chance to get one Nasty Plot it's actually pretty good. This set has got me great success:

@ Life Orb
Ability : Inner Focus
Timid Nature
EV: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 Hp

Nasty Plot
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Roost

The flinch yet alone on Air Slash is scary. It seems as the flinch rate on shoddy is higher than wi-fi when I use this on shoddy.

Seems like Clefable would still give any hail/TS stall team some trouble. Couple it with something like Taunt/WoW Mismagius to neuter fighters and stop things that try to setup. (Most hail teams carry at most one thing that can take down Clefable barring Explosion, and it is usually stopped by Mismagius.) Add in a spinner or grounded Poison, and after a hundred turns of switching around trying to force Clefable out, enough things will be paralyzed that a sweeper can come in on an encored move and ruin everything. Alternatively one running Toxic will easily ruin Stallrein, and the rest of the team falls apart from there.

Clefable can Encore Walrein and recover with Softboiled, while it's not damaged by poison, spikes or hail. Without Weavile or Mamoswine, there isn't a good Ice physical sweeper. Furthermore, there are a lot of grounded Poison in UU, with Nidoqueen, Roserade, Muk or Drapion everywhere... Toxic Spikes won't last. Abomasnow MUST be alive, because a Rain Dance or Sunny Day could ruin your team after losing it.

I think that Hail isn't as broken as you think. Taunt and Encore are the best assets against Walrein, and a lure like HP Fire Golduck to kill Abomasnow could be enough.

Weather teams can be ridiculously destructive if used right, so I put sunny day on my Uxie to neuter sandstorm teams which typically wall me(and Hippopotas is easy to kill so there goes there strategy). Also ruins rain, hail is alittle harder to ruin but still can happen once obama is gone. And i rarely see sunny day teams, and my team actually benefits a little from it so whatever

Stick Poygon2 on your team with this set:

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Calm - Trace
252 HP / 36 Def / 216 SpD
>Recover
>Discharge
>Tri Attack
>Psych Up

You have just singlehandedly beat Mismagius+Raikou, Hail Teams (Swicth in on Walrein/Glalie), Arcanine, Houndoom/Ninetales, and most Intimidate users.

If you find Hail Teams too overwhelming, use a Specially bulky Charge Beam Sweeper spread and switch into Walrein. You'll sweep their whole team.

^----Thunderbolt does a hefty amount of damage and after about the second time they'll be gone.

I was wondering what the standard EVs are for Chansey in this new UU.

EDIT: Yes, Porygon2 is certainly more useful in OU.

Porygon2 to me is more useful in OU than here, only a handful of good abilities to use. And it only "counters" the CM Missy and Raikou sets, and there popularity is wanning a little(well, atleast on missy)
Im guessing 252Def/252HP/6SpD, maybe some EVs taken out of HP for better special countering

Since I don't care about Stealth Rock, I suppose Yawn could be a good 4th move to scare away ghosts that come in to block your spin?

Maybe go fully special too and use Earth Power instead of Stone Edge? It still hits Ninetales and Arcanine SE, and can keep Raikou from setting up Subs.
Yes yawn over Sr is fine if you have it covered. Also if you dont like Se use earthquake, not earth Power. it is more rleiable against Ninetales and Raikou.

Good job, BL is a tier now. Seriously, make this an alternative tier or something. It's interesting, because some forgotten BL are used a lot now. But it also means that Pokemon who were OU in Adv and usable BL Pokemon like Slaking and Roserade are UU now. Scarf Slaking was a fine revenge killer in OU. Or is that old skool, because the metagame seems to be changing like every 2 weeks and I haven't battled the past 4 weeks.

Of course. What I mean is that they were good BL Pokemon or maybe even OU and that they shouldn't be thrown into UU. In fact, I prefer to have this new UU tier as an alternative tier instead of the old one.

So, what's everyone been seeing Spiritomb wise? When the new UU started, I predicted people would wise up to Mono Attack-CM Spiritomb, and start to use it more as a wall/status inducer. The fact that many people try to overcome Spiritomb with the likes of strong physical attacks leave many of them open to Will-O-Wisp.

Indeed. I don't understand why Pokemon like Milotic are UU now.
??? It does help to look around...

Basically, the ex-UU was a mess and wasn't fun to play at all. So to fix this problem, all the Pokemon that were BL have joined with UU (NFE's are also allowed) to create a 'new' UU.

When the time comes, people will vote on what Pokemon they find too powerful for the new tier.

Spiritomb is a very powerful pokemon in new UU. Good defences and no weaknesses make him nearly impossible to safely deal with. Except he doesn't quite have no weaknesses. To counter the rise of Spiritomb, I use a sub punching Kangaskhan. It also works well against other UU ghosts like Rotom and Mismagius.

It would certainly keep Raikou in check.

As for Spiritomb, I've been using Wall spiritomb all along and had mixed results. It forces switches and can revenge kill sweepers on a rampage with Suckerpunch. I haven't had great luck with WoW's accuracy though =/

Most of the time I run across mono spiritomb it isn't a problem but it did sweep one of my teams once. I've also seen less Shaymin usage lately, despite having great success with his subseed set and his special sweeping set myself.

I've also seen very few Blaziken recently, and had no success with it myself.

The problem with Blaziken is that it's too slow to sweep without a scarf or agility boost, it's not scary enough to cause loads of switching, it's not bulky enough to make up for its lack of speed and it can't really come in on anything in the first place.

EDIT: I find the same problem with Gallade. Unless it can get a speed boost from an Ambipom lead's Fake Out, it suffers from the same slow sweeper syndrome.

??? It does help to look around...

Basically, the ex-UU was a mess and wasn't fun to play at all. So to fix this problem, all the Pokemon that were BL have joined with UU (NFE's are also allowed) to create a 'new' UU.

When the time comes, people will vote on what Pokemon they find too powerful for the new tier.
Yeah, haven't read the whole topic.

I don't see what was wrong with the old UU. Didn't hear anybody complain about it too.
I've asked several times why BL wasn't a tier and people said it was too unbalanced to be a tier and thus it was an UU banlist. But now the BL Pokemon are UU which means BL is a tier. You could already use UU Pokemon in BL *if it was a tier* so isn't it better to make BL a tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)