A RMT with hand drawn pictures

Hey

I'm not sure how it's been affecting you, but you have a pretty gaping dd tar weakness being able to ohko 4/6 of your team and the other 2 are swiftly 2hkoed so they cannot switch in. It also outspeeds your entire team minus jolteon and kills your main wall in cresselia quite handily. CB tar can also cause you headaches because it can predict you switches and pound you accordingly. To remedy this issue, I would put a swampert over your lead tran.

Swampert@leftovers
252 hp 252 def 4 sp. def
Relaxed/Impish
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ice beam/Avalanche

I went with the max hp/def build because when dueling with tyranitar, swampert needs all the hp/def it can get because boosted crunches still hurt quite a bit despite being one of the best tyranitar counters out there.

Next, I would change up your jirachi set a bit. Jirachi just cries when it is left without its main form of reliable stab in psychic. It also wants thunderbolt, which can deal nice neutural damage along with psychic. If hidden power ground has been working for you, but it along with psychic, because hp. ground hits most of the threats that flash cannon does anyway. Psychic is a better stab for jirachi than flash cannon and allows for more coverage, even though psychics coverage sucks as well.

You scizor wants pursuit over night slash as well, because with technician, they are almost the same bp anyways. Also, pursuit packs the obvious advantage of being able to trap ghosts and revenge trap weakend pokes. Pursuit is just all around better on scizor because it snags that technician boost as well as getting the trapping effect that night slash only wishes it could have.

Also, with jolteon, why does it need hp ice and signal beam over hp grass and shadow ball? Raikoulover's topic on choice users states that a choice user should be focusing more on his neutural coverage rather than packing moves solely to hit a few pokes for super effective damage. This is because once you use the move you are locked in to it and a wrong prediction could leave you as easy set up fodder. Thunderbolt already puts a hurt on anything besides grassers that hp ice would hit, namely dragons because they get hit with a stab neutural thunderbolt for the 2hko anyway. Hp grass also offers ground coverage as well. Shadow ball is a better all around move than signal beam as well offering better neutural coverage and still hiting celebi super effectively. Since you now have swampert anyway, tyranitar is less of an issue and you can afford to lose some coverage on him to have all around better neutural coverage.

For cresselia, you might want to consider a resttalking set as that set is not effective when sand or hail is present. This set would do the same thing minus reflect:

Cresselia@Leftovers
252 hp 200 def 56 sp. def
Bold
Rest
Sleep Talk
Ice beam
Thunderwave

This set can also help to wall infernape a bit better because with some special defense investment cresselia can better take an ape fire blast/flamethrower and live to paralyze him and rest off the damage. This cresselia will also boast serious amounts of surviveability and will stick around much longer than your current build.

Tl;dr:
1.Swampert over heatran for better tyranitar countering
2.Change jolteons set up a bit (hp grass over ice and shadow ball over s-beam)
3.Jirachi to either t-bolt and psychic or hp ground and psychic
4.Cresselia to restalker

Hope I helped and good luck.

-chaos 9

Hey

I'm not sure how it's been affecting you, but you have a pretty gaping dd tar weakness

Next, I would change up your jirachi set a bit. Jirachi just cries when it is left without its main form of reliable stab in psychic. It also wants thunderbolt, which can deal nice neutural damage along with psychic. If hidden power ground has been working for you, but it along with psychic, because hp. ground hits most of the threats that flash cannon does anyway. Psychic is a better stab for jirachi than flash cannon and allows for more coverage, even though psychics coverage sucks as well.

You scizor wants pursuit over night slash as well, because with technician, they are almost the same bp anyways.

Also, with jolteon, why does it need hp ice and signal beam over hp grass and shadow ball?

For cresselia, you might want to consider a resttalking set as that set is not effective when sand or hail is present. This set would do the same thing minus reflect:

Cresselia@Leftovers
252 hp 200 def 56 sp. def
Bold
Rest
Sleep Talk
Ice beam
Thunderwave

I already talked to Seven Deadly Sins about DDtar. Scizor and Jolteon can handle him. That is one of the reasons why I use Signal Beam on Jolteon. Heatran has a lot going for him. If DDtar really becomes that big of a pain then I will switch to Swampert.

Flash Cannon is STAB. It can lower sp.defense just like Psychic. It is 10bp lower than Psychic. Both have terrible coverage. However, Flash Cannon lets me hit a lot of threats like Ttar and Mamoswine. This goes for HP Ground as well. I have used the old Jirachi CM set. This one is a lot more effective.

Pursuit does allow me to trap ghosts, but I do not see the need to trap them. Meanwhile Pursuit cannot hit them when they switch in. I used pursuit before I talked to Seven Deadly Sins. Pursuit was already rarely used. Night Slash will be kept on until proven inferior to Pursuit.

Like I said, Signal Beam allows me to weaken DDtar and finish those not killed by Scizor. I will try out Hp Grass.

Reflect has been really useful. Why couldn't I just put Rest in place of Moonlight? I may try your set after I try out a Rest Cresselia without Sleep Talk.

Choice Scarf Gengar can be pretty annoying for this team. Every Pokemon has something to fear, whether it be Trick or one of Gengar's powerful attacks. If you switch Scizor in on the Shadow Ball, Gengar will die to Pursuit. Yes, you can attack with Bullet Punch, but if you don't have Pursuit, Gengar can simply switch out to avoid the hit.

Pursuit > Night Slash.

Hope this helps.

Calm Mind Jirachi wants Psychic + Thunderbolt, no matter what Seven Deadly Sins tells you. Hidden Power Ground nets 140 damage against Lucario while STAB Psychic nets 135. Either way, Lucario doesn't stand a chance. Why give up coverage on the Rotom forms, Zapdos, Gyarados, etc. Any bulky water you face will now only be hit for 70 damage with a neutral Hidden Power Ground which just sucks. Giving up Psychic also means you will ALWAYS lose to Blissey, whereas with Psychic you can beat all Bold Blissey and some Calm renditions. In addition, Magnezone can't beat Calm Mind Jirachi regardless of what moveset you run, so the only Poke you lose to is Heatran, who Crocune handles perfectly.

tl;dr SDS is wrong; use Psychic + Thunderbolt.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Teabag, I'm going to just say this once, because you're quite incorrect. First off, Bulky water-types not named Swampert have a really hard time beating CM Jirachi anyway because of the fact that 90% of them rely on unboosted Special attacks, and they're lucky if they even scratch the sub after a CM or two. Bulky waters are complete fodder, plain and simple. The Rotom Forms are the exact same way. Unless they're running a HUGE SpA investment (read: no), they're not touching you. Of course, that leaves Zapdos and Gyarados, which... Well, you can't beat em' all. (though Zapdos also has the same issue that defensive sets have issues actually hurting Jirachi.)

Second, Psychic actually NEVER beats Blissey that run 176 SpD (most of them), whereas once you get a crit / SpD Drop, you're beating Blissey regardless of what STAB you use.

Third, Specs Magnezone is always beating standard Psychic / Thunderbolt Jirachi, whereas it's never beating Flash Cannon / HP Ground Jirachi. Just something to keep in mind.

Finally, Heatran isn't the only thing Flash Cannon / HP Ground beats. Tyranitar is another huge one, since it can switch into neutral Thunderbolts all damn day, and this team has issues with CBTar.

If you can spot a huge gaping Gyarados weakness somewhere, then by all means advocate a change. Until then, though, I'm still backing Flash Cannon / HP Ground. Bottom line: The set is different, but it's not wrong.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
While I love SDS's set as it smacks around its usual counters but you do have a pretty bad guard weak so I recommend Charge Beam somewhere on Cress. Pretty sweet team though.

Well I think I have finally decided on Rest over Moonlight. Cresselia is pretty much set-up bait even with Moonlight. Toxic and other status really makes her cry, and Moonlight is just really awful in Sand. So Rest is now my main form of recovery.

I also decided that Reflect was more important for team support than Thunder Wave. So Charge Beam will be put over Thunder Wave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)