Fire Emblem vs. thread

Roger is pretty terrible, though I do recall some argument for Horseman Roger. If you want a General, just go with Wolf, really.
In terms of final average stats Roger isn't that far off from either Sedgar or Wolf. He's probably the best of the "natural" knights, all he's really mediocre in are Skill and Speed. I trained Sedgar as a General just in case though.

Medius is the biggest pushover ever. Warped two people over to him and Marth ORKO'd him. Warp staffs have to be the biggest level breakers since Holsety.

You know I don't find anyone to be terrible or overpowered, especially because you can change their classes to fit for what you may have lost during the campaign.

But I'll have to try wifi out for myself as soon as I complete my second play through. I just knew Barstzerker would find his way into alot of teams, though. Apparently he's a prominent character for this. I've been training mine as a hero this time though, switching between fighter and mercenary classes to keep up with his weapon grades.

So even if I make him a Berserker agian I could always make him a well equipped Hero later if I change my mind.

Swarm(might forge)
You can't, since you get it in the last chapter, and you can't forge after that.

Caeda (Sheeda, Shiida, w/e) has no use for the Silver Lance when she already has Gravidus and all those other things. Give her the Iote's Shield instead. Silvers generally seem useless, since you can forge everything else to max mt and then have extra effects on them such as 1-2 range and 2x attack. Definitely put things like Wyrmslayer and Armorslayer instead. And obviously forge everything you can to max Mt.

Sedgar usually does better then Wolf, given the fact that he has more lvl ups.
I know Sedgar is better, but I said Wolf because unless you're in H3+, Sedgar is almost always doing better as a Zerker or Hero. He tinks about any non-magic, non-armourslaying attack after 10 levels of General as one of those classes. Wolf does turn out worse, but I recall him having better HP growth? I dunno, Sedgar has better things to do.

You can't, since you get it in the last chapter, and you can't forge after that.
oops. forgot. scratch that then.

Caeda (Sheeda, Shiida, w/e) has no use for the Silver Lance when she already has Gravidus and all those other things. Give her the Iote's Shield instead. Silvers generally seem useless, since you can forge everything else to max mt and then have extra effects on them such as 1-2 range and 2x attack. Definitely put things like Wyrmslayer and Armorslayer instead. And obviously forge everything you can to max Mt.
yea, the silver was a filler, forgot about iote's shield. :p

online, i've actually never seen a bunch of forged weapons. i've seen about 2 per team, which really isn't that much. i guess its just the money shortage. i don't see a use in wyrmslayer, because from what i've seen, enemy nagis, tikis, and bantus can be ohko'd or 2hko's by any of my characters, and they end up doing about 14 dmg, which is really nothing considering the fact that i have 50+ hp on most of my characters. Forged Armorslayer is a must though, because everybody is abusing generals online. my almost max attack shiida with wing spear did 1 to a max defense draug -_-" forged poleaxes and ridersbane are good too because Abel and Frey are seen very often.

Oooh, I hate my luck so much...
So I was leveling up Sedgar's bow weapon level in the arena (20/20, Warrior, C in Bow, D in Axe), and I fight a Sorcerer that does 19 damage, leaving me with 39 HP. I collect the money and continue, and fight a Sniper that does 13 damage. I think "uh oh, that could be dangerous. Meh, probably not."
He crits and kills Sedgar.
Once Sedgar says his death quote and dies, I check the stats--and the sniper's critical rate was 6%. Same crit rate as in Pokemon. And I'd already spent like 130 turns in that stupid pit, so I just went and let Sedgar stay dead. Now, to get him to the way I wanted him to be in the first place I have to use both the Aum Staff and an Arms Scroll (since that last fight would've given him a B in bows if he hadn't died).
Making me really consider using a class other than General for my wifi team...

im using ymir as my general now, because both wolf and sedgar died XD
616, actually, after playing online a bit more, generals have been seen less and less. i think this is because of poor movement and the great amount of forged armorslayers and magic users.

(Just so everyone knows I'm listing anyone who posts their FC in the first page now. Please post your FC and feel free to PM other users about getting a game set up!)

Damnit, I'm still only stuck on chapter 7. My Merric, Ogma, Barst, and Marth are turning out really brilliantly though (among others!) so I really hope I can make a lot of varied and interesting teams.

Also, is Beck the only Ballistician you can get? He looks kind of crappy, yet everyone goes on about how good the class is.

Finally, since I'm going to try and wrap up my team for online play as well, I'd like to propose we set out some sort of ruleset for playing together. I actually strongly agree with Wolt's proposition that no forged anything should be allowed, because Forging really does break the game (x4 attacks from maxed forge Brave sword can one-round KO most anything in the game, for instance). If we limit ourselves to what's already available without boosting it, the game becomes more focused upon beating a unit with the proper type of weapon/counter-class... which unfortunately does favour Sages but like Vineon said they need to be toned down anyways. We should also decide on a fair map to play on, because just like in Advance Wars, a map will often give a significant advantage to either Player 1, or Player 2, depending on unit distribution.

(Just so everyone knows I'm listing anyone who posts their FC in the first page now. Please post your FC and feel free to PM other users about getting a game set up!)

Damnit, I'm still only stuck on chapter 7. My Merric, Ogma, Barst, and Marth are turning out really brilliantly though (among others!) so I really hope I can make a lot of varied and interesting teams.

Also, is Beck the only Ballistician you can get? He looks kind of crappy, yet everyone goes on about how good the class is.

Finally, since I'm going to try and wrap up my team for online play as well, I'd like to propose we set out some sort of ruleset for playing together. I actually strongly agree with Wolt's proposition that no forged anything should be allowed, because Forging really does break the game (x4 attacks from maxed forge Brave sword can one-round KO most anything in the game, for instance). If we limit ourselves to what's already available without boosting it, the game becomes more focused upon beating a unit with the proper type of weapon/counter-class... which unfortunately does favour Sages but like Vineon said they need to be toned down anyways. We should also decide on a fair map to play on, because just like in Advance Wars, a map will often give a significant advantage to either Player 1, or Player 2, depending on unit distribution.
as i have stated earlier, forged weapons really aren't that cheap. sure, they get 1 kill a game, but with gravidus, levin swords, and magic, these can be easily taken down. maybe 1 brave weapon per team tho maybe? but overall, forged weapons really are not that broken. Also, you are not the only one that can forge. your opponent can also forge strong weapons.

Sages are also not that good. they can end up killing maybe 1 character per game, but note that your opponent most likely also has a sage with high resistance, they can almost be ohkod by most characters, and because all random online games are in fog of war and we should make friend matches in Fow also, , it is easy to strategize and kill sages.

About the maps: im pretty sure all of the maps are symmetrical, so i really don't think we need to ban any. also, cards also should not be banned. the only card i would think of banning is judgement, but after debating with myself, i've figured that judgement also really isn't that good. it just simply pisses the opponent off. i've never been in a position where i got killed because of judgement.

No no no, ban map #2. That stage is horrible, it's completely unfair to the person who happens to be player 2. Player 1 just gets to move their units in front of the cells of player 2, and player 2 is forced to start off the match with the positions of all their units given away. And god forbid player 1 has a paladin or something else with more than 8 movement, then P2 can't even let the adjacent unit leave their cell without getting a ! and having the unit killed.

Meh, after playing for a while, I think Brave weapons really aren't that broken. They're powerful, sure, but it often leaves you wide open to ranged attacks. They're not something you can just use willy-nilly and expect to win. If you're playing without Fog of War, then that's another story, because then it's just warp, attack, enemy's dead; but I believe Fog of War keeps it in check quite well.

Forge...well sheesh, forge is pretty much required to keep the game from becoming a stallfest. Without that extra 10 MT, it becomes really hard to actually kill things, and with all the luck characters have it becomes nigh impossible to crit or hit with weapons like the Hand Axe.

Sages are also nowhere near as bad as was previously made out to be. At 25 speed, the only units in the game they can double are Generals and Ballisticians. They hit hard, but it doesn't get them anywhere when they can only hit once. For example, when I have a choice between Thoron for 37 damage and Swarm for 18, I always go for the Swarm, just so I don't have to take a hit. It finishes weakened enemies off, but that Sage isn't going to be killing things outright very easily. Speed really matters in this game.

So in short, I propose the following:
Fog of War on
All items that are legitimately obtainable are legal
All forged weapons except Swarm are legal
You are allowed to use as many units of a class as the game will permit you to.

Also Yoshi King, the other Ballistician is Jake, but he's worse than Beck. That's why nobody talks about him.

Is Caeda better as a Dragon Knight or Falcon Knight?

Also after you beat the game can you still give units stat boosters?

Ah, thats right, forgot about map #2..i don't really like it, but it doesn't really bother me that much tbh.

Llama, they're pretty much the same, it really depends on if you want axe or sword. also, DON'T USE STAT BOOSTING ITEMS UNTIL YOU BEAT THE GAME. That way, you can use the stat boosters for multiple squads.

Well i've got the whip so I'll go Falcon, and yeah I haven't used any stat up items yet, just making sure I can use them at the end.

Well i've got the whip so I'll go Falcon, and yeah I haven't used any stat up items yet, just making sure I can use them at the end.
No, don't. The extra points in speed are no where near worth the extra str/def that Sheeda gets. Drakoknights are much better in general, but they're both pretty bad units anyways so its whatev. What I've found is Sheeda is best as a Sage rather then anything else. Or at least I like training her as a Sage then switch to Swordmaster with max mag.

http://vgdistrict.com/showthread.php?t=31881
This is pretty interesting, I advise everyone to read it. Sylvan is the shit.

I love Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon! I think people should use less swordmasters beacause on wifi there is always 2-3 swordmasters with Brave sword and its just annoying when they hit 2 times in a row for a lot of damage.

So far I've decided I'm going to make a team with 2 Swordmasters (Cain, Navarre), 1 Paladin (Abel), 1 Berserker (Barst), and of course Merric (Sage). Depending on Navarre's gains as he levels up, I might swap him out for Oguma as a Forest Knight, since their caps are great as well.

Also I have to say that the fact that the Starsphere doesn't boost growths by 30% anymore is a fucking ripoff, I refuse to reclass units just to gain a few points of Res. Completely stupid.

Well, here's my final team.

Navarre (Swordmaster / Armorslayer)
Ogma (Hero / Killing Edge)
Merric (Swordmaster / Levin Sword)
Caeda (Sniper / Killer Bow)
Catria (Dracoknight / Killer Lance and Iote's Shield)

Everyone is at 20/20 with forged weapons but no booster items used. I already fought some random matches where I lost badly to people with all brave weapons and cheesed out stats (how the hell did Merric get 30 magic) but there's no way I'm going to restart the entire game for something better.

Heh, for the hell of it I made a team of three Dragon Knights (Catria, Cain, Xane) and two Sages (Merric, Linde). It works surprisingly well. They're like Generals except with incredible mobility.

Right now I have one decent team working.

Frey - paladin
Merric - Sage
Navarre - Swordmaster
Darros - berserker
Ogma - Hero

Darros and merric have low speed, but otherwise the team holds up well, although ogma as a hero doesn't do much for me.

I have a new team in the works so far I have catria and abel done, swordmaster and sniper respectively, both have maxed out str, skill, and speed, with great defense, and decent luck, like 24 and 25. I have ogma as a horseman, but he kinda failed, so im going to get another, merric maxed speed this time around which was good, the rest is all a toss up, ill get around to making the team later on.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got the game today. Only played an hour, so far its the same as the others. Still curious how re-classing works.

Anyone have any suggestions for me if I plan on going online? Characters, weapons? I've been looking at a few of the FE forums and so far the only really helpful thing there was this thread: http://vgdistrict.com/showpost.php?p=909885&postcount=83

I would suggest using multiple characters of a class. A team of Swordmasters or Horsemen would be good. Then a Sage or two to support the squad. If you go that route, it would be a good idea to use Xane to decrease the amount of stat boosters you need to use.

Of the A-class characters, Frey, Abel, Cain, and Catria are the best all around.
Of the B-class characters, Barst, Ogma, Sedgar, Wolf, Caesar, Darros, and Dolph are ok.

In terms of Sages (and that's the class you'll want to use, because Bishop and Sorcerer are both worse, in different ways) Merric and/or Linde are the ones you'll want to use.

For everything else wifi-related, you should look at this thread. (I swear I got owned on wifi once by the guy who wrote that!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)