Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, you can keep track of your position on the iRNG list, and continue down the line to the next shiny, but if there's nothing else good on the list, you'll have to reset for a new seed.

Let me get this straight, in order to get to the next shiny on the list, do I just do the amount of taps and flips required?

Or do I start the whole process over again? I noticed the Time column and Im unsure what its purpose is...help please?

The time column has no purpose for platinum breeding. To get to the next one, you have to take that frame - your frame you just got, then find out how many taps and flips from that number.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Currently locked into a shiny calm swablu!

As a side "q": Does having the breeding parents in your party (as one of the five you save with) affect anything? I haven't tried it (I'm far too unsuccessful to be experimenting), but if someone finds out, it'd be worth noting.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Blargh. I can't seem to keep track of my taps >_>.

Any tips on how to keep track with longer tap numbers?
Count in groups of 60. Use one hand to hold the stylus and tap. When you get to 10, put your index finger of your non-dominant hand against a surface. At 20, your middle, 30, your ring, 40, your pinky, 50, your thumb, and when you get to 60, remove all digits from the surface and mark down 60. Repeat as needed.

Syberia

[custom user title]
Count in groups of 60. Use one hand to hold the stylus and tap. When you get to 10, put your index finger of your non-dominant hand against a surface. At 20, your middle, 30, your ring, 40, your pinky, 50, your thumb, and when you get to 60, remove all digits from the surface and mark down 60. Repeat as needed.
Mark it off on a piece of paper; that's what I do and it seems to be the most reliable method.

I just got my first platinum flawless shiny
31/31/31/x/31/31 Impish w/ ice-shard

I locked a shiny egg and then manipulated the NRNG to get perfct ivs. Unlike the pid manipulation it's quite hard to accomplish. It took me 3 days to master the procedure but then this came out. I bred Donphan because it was my first competitive bred-pokemon in DP back then.
Explanation on how to do this will come soon so please don't spam asking
wow - looking forward to hearing your explanation :) and congrats - that thing is beautiful!!!!!

Just a question about using international parents and the 1/2048 chance: Does it work the same way in DP? or only in Plat?

Are you wonder card pokes ivs generated with method 1? sorry I'd just like to know if I should sr my almia darkrai for ivs and nature or wait and use the rng to get a desired spread.

One question, in Loraks explanation he said that double tapping reduces the number by 12.

But in thetorsoboys vid he said you have to double tap as many times as it tells you to. Which is it?

Syberia

[custom user title]
It advances the frame by 12. If you're using mingot's program, it takes this into account when it does its calculations. Double-tap as many times as it tells you.

I just got my first platinum flawless shiny
31/31/31/x/31/31 Impish w/ ice-shard

I locked a shiny egg and then manipulated the NRNG to get perfct ivs. Unlike the pid manipulation it's quite hard to accomplish. It took me 3 days to master the procedure but then this came out. I bred Donphan because it was my first competitive bred-pokemon in DP back then.
Explanation on how to do this will come soon so please don't spam asking
WoW, Congrats! Can't wait to hear the explanation too!

OMG this is amazing!

I'm now resetting on my favorite shiny.

Thetorsoboy, thank you for the great guide but I have a suggestion. In you guide you suggested looking for a delay of about 650 or under. I got fed up looking for a spread in that range so I just picked a high number. This high number provided me with a shiny that was only about 300 clicks away. So it doesn't seem to matter if the delay if high or not.

P.S. This is frakking awesome.

OMG this is amazing!

I'm now resetting on my favorite shiny.

Thetorsoboy, thank you for the great guide but I have a suggestion. In you guide you suggested looking for a delay of about 650 or under. I got fed up looking for a spread in that range so I just picked a high number. This high number provided me with a shiny that was only about 300 clicks away. So it doesn't seem to matter if the delay if high or not.

P.S. This is frakking awesome.
Unless you can confirm that you have gotten a shiny with a higher delay (how much higher are we talking?), I'm not sure if it would work. If I understand what I have read correctly, then if you bash through the screens then you should have a low delay (600-700ish?), and if it is too high it might not be your seed and thefore won't produce you a shiny egg. Correct me if I'm wrong by the way.

I guess now the new BPs will be shiny and be now the common pokes and the D/P shiny bred pokes will be now even more rare!
I guess as soon as D/P shiny bred pokes will be called rare, people will start calculating the taps for their D/P version and trade their eggs there. Although it was bred in Platinum, it will be hatched in D/P.

Mingot: You could add a function for inserting Trainer/Secret-ID for all of the editions someone owns - and then tell in the list which edition to hatch it on. This could greatly decrease the needed frame advancements if someone is willing to use more editions.

Also I'm still not certain whether all this only applies to Platinum. I found the
PID = PID*0x6c078965+1
in D/P as well and I'm suspecting that RNG-rollback could be possible on D/P, too.
I _really_ have to tris this in-game instead of just reeding about it.

TCC

PS: peeking into Diamond
0201BB6C contains the magic number 9D2C5680
0201BB2C loads it. Breakpointing the load does nothing for some time, but when switching to happiness viewer, it is called 12 times (I have 6 Pokemon in party).

still have to check whether it is called on boot-up and egg creation. Also init value of PRNG wasn't similar to my calculated datetime+delay but I'll have to check into this later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)