CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 3

Which concept should be used for CAP8?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neglected Ability. This idea has so much potential.
....to create a clusterfuck. I am not trying to fear monger I'm just Deeply apprehensive about how this project is going to have any cohesion or direction for the next week or so.

I would really appreciate it if a supporter of Neglected Ability could explain how I and many other confused people are supposed to make an intelligent decision on what Typing and Stat Bias this should be when the only goal or direction this CAP will have is related to an Ability that won't even be chosen yet.

Please don't tell me that there'll be a strong consensus on 1-2 Abilities in the Concept Assessment thread - that is Completely impossible to judge until the Ability Poll comes.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
....to create a clusterfuck. I am not trying to fear monger I'm just Deeply apprehensive about how this project is going to have any cohesion or direction for the next week or so.

I would really appreciate it if a supporter of Neglected Ability could explain how I and many other confused people are supposed to make an intelligent decision on what Typing and Stat Bias this should be when the only goal or direction this CAP will have is related to an Ability that won't even be chosen yet.

Please don't tell me that there'll be a strong consensus on 1-2 Abilities in the Concept Assessment thread - that is Completely impossible to judge until the Ability Poll comes.
I'm hardly a "supporter" as I'm only doing so reluctantly, but I fail to see how Kingdra in the Snow is any different from Kingdra as currently constituted, e.g. a stat-up sweeper who takes care of a major weakness Hail abusers have (Fire, hits rocks SE) and can stat-up and function on other teams.

As for me, basically my plan is to support my favored Neglected Ability and let the voters decide.

Or we'll just go to concept assessment and have no clue what to say since we won't actually be voting Ability pro forma until later. My entire plan revolves around where I want this to go and making it blatantly obvious what I want the pokemon to achieve given any particular set of Neglected Abilities.

I voted for neglected ability. I just don't see how Snowdra would help us to learn about the metagame.
To be fair, the same also applies to Neglected Ability; the vast majority of CAPs have what would be considered neglected abilities, and two of them in particular, Arghonaut and Revenankh, make extensive use of those abilities. On the other hand, only Syclant has any connection to Hail, and being the first CAP project, it wasn't the most successful, and there's more we can learn on the subject as a result. Thus, if we're going by how much we can learn, Snow-Kingdra would be the better concept to go with, but both aren't too great in that respect, admittedly.

Ugh... I go away for 2 days, and see that Neglected Ability is winning.... I feel like this is going to be like one of those "Typing Doesn't Matter" kind of things where everyone is just pulling for their favorite to win. Also the fact that votes in the typing poll can NOT be backed up by any reaoning for why it helps the concept. We won't even know what we're building around.

Voted Kingdra in the Snow.

Btw, if someone uses my Anti-Hax concept for CAP9, and gets this far, I will be pissed.

Voted Kingdra in the Snow. Neglected Ability sounds interesting, but many of the other CAPs fit the theme already and Elevator Music's option looks like a fanboy war waiting to happen. . .

I have no ill will for Elevator Music, though I feel Kingdra in the Snow has a better focus.

Both are kinda blah...

Just voted for Snowdra for it being the first option. That's it. I'm not too crazy about either of these options.

My biggest problem with Neglected Ability is that it doesn't really mean anything, because it's so incredibly wide. It's hardly a concept. Considering 6/7 CAPs so far have had "neglected" abilities, this could go any direction. We might as well have skipped the concept stage and randomly started on the typing poll.

Edit: So essentially, what Jagged Angel said on the top of the page (or somewhere else if you're not using 25 ppp).

discussion does not mean saying 'OTHER SUBMISSION SUCKS COCKS BLAH BLAH BLAH'. I just voted neglected ability because all of our other CAPs have had niche abilities - abilities already seen to be good, but on the wrong pokemon (stalk dustox, aight?). but with this CAP we can maybe turn a shifty ability good!

I voted Neglected Ability. I didn't like it, but I guess it came down to it and kingdra in the snow... the metagame is already full of sweepers, the point of CAP in my opinion is to create something to better the game.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously, I'd much rather Kingdra of the Sun than Kingdra of the Snow...

On a serious note, the concept kingdra of the snow just says to me "Lets make hail sweeper", and I think Neglected ability has a much broader range for creativity and our own choices.

EDIT:Argh, clicked the wrong one:(

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Neglected Ability. Kingdra of the snow really just doesn't appeal to me, and at least the neglected ability may provide us with an interesting CAP.

EDIT:Argh, clicked the wrong one:(
Traitor.

Anyways, Neglected Ability really gives us free reign over what we want out of CAP8; let us pray we don't go too extreme (ex. Pyroak's typing)

Neglected Abilities are some of the most defining features of the most recent CAPs. Arghonaut's Unaware, Kitsunoh's Frisk and Limber, Revenanhk's Shed Skin, Fidgit's Vital Spirit, Scylant's Compound Eyes, etc.. they're all neglected abillities. While something like Forewarn or Shield Dust would be nice to see, I'd prefer a Kingdra of the Snow more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)