Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using Pomeg/Kelpsy/Qualot/Hondew/Grepa/Tamato berries on a Pokemon, if it says "(Pokemon's) ________ (base stat) cannot go any lower", does that mean all EVs in that stat are gone?

Simple question this time: I was surfing the policy review section but I couldn't find the answer, is Deoxys D getting tested at all? And soon?
Undecided, though there is strong support for testing (for whatever reason). If it is tested, then yes, it will be soon as there are few to no other suspects.

What's next after Manaphy?
Hasn't been confirmed, hence why a test hasn't been set up yet (like Manaphy was straight after Latios before voters were even confirmed).

Sorry for the many EV lowering questions, but I can't find any other sources of info for this stuff.

Why is it sometimes, when using the berries, it says "The base stat can't go any lower", while other times, it says "It won't have any effect", and won't even let me use the berry on it?

Sorry for the many EV lowering questions, but I can't find any other sources of info for this stuff.

Why is it sometimes, when using the berries, it says "The base stat can't go any lower", while other times, it says "It won't have any effect", and won't even let me use the berry on it?
EV berries also have the effect of raising a Pokemon's happiness; when it says "The base stat can't go any lower" it should say right after it "_____'s Happiness rose!" or something like that, because even though it can't make the stat any lower, it can make the Pokemon happier still. When a Pokemon both has maximum happiness and no EVs in that stat left, the berry will no longer have any effect on it, which is when it will say "it won't have any effect."

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
What's up with the movement of everything on the forums? Policy review doesn't really need to be... "frozen".

So the Apprentince Programs are one right after another? (I can't wait! I hope i get a awesome tutor cause i'm prettty new to competitive battling and Smogon)

What's up with the movement of everything on the forums? Policy review doesn't really need to be... "frozen".
It isn't "frozen," just like Trou isn't. But posting isn't open either. Anyways, movement was likely do to the clutter and the UU revamp was the final push to change everything.

So the Apprentince Programs are one right after another? (I can't wait! I hope i get a awesome tutor cause i'm prettty new to competitive battling and Smogon)
Yup. And don't worry about your tutor; they're a tutor for a reason; you'll come out of it with something regardless of how they compare with others.

A couple of friends and I are building some gyms just to mess around with and I picked the poison gym for kicks.
I've done a bit of breeding for competitive pokemon before, but that was awhile ago and I'm wondering if I could get some help.
Here's the moveset I want for my Muk:

Curse
Poison Jab
Brick Break
Shadow Sneak

Now I know I can just TM for poison jab and brick break, but since both shadow sneak and curse are egg moves, will I still be able
to get them? Or will I have to sacrifice one of them to make this set work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Now I know I can just TM for poison jab and brick break, but since both shadow sneak and curse are egg moves, will I still be able
to get them? Or will I have to sacrifice one of them to make this set work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can have both. You can get them from Banette, Dusknoir, and Spiritomb (and their associated evolutionary stages).

What all do I have to do before I can get into the Snowpoint temple to catch Regigigas? I have all three regis...
Pretty sure you need the national dex and the Elite 4 beat.

If a pokemon with no PP left for all its moves receives torment, will it use Struggle every turn? or will it use struggle every other turn and not attack in between?

I don't believe a Pokemon can just idle, so it'll use Struggle every turn.

Also, this snip from the Move Restriction Guide might prove it:

The interesting thing about Torment is that it never prevents the execution of any move, only its selection. Here's an example to show you what I mean. A Mr. Mime faces off against a Slowbro. On the first round, Mr. Mime selects the move Torment and Slowbro chooses Calm Mind. Both moves are successfully executed and the Slowbro is subjected to Torment. On the second round, Mr. Mime selects Encore and Slowbro, unable to choose Calm Mind again, selects Surf. Mr. Mime gives the Slowbro an Encore. The Slowbro is forced to execute Calm Mind rather than its chosen move. Since Torment does not prevent the execution of any move, the Calm Mind works and Slowbro's stats are raised again. However, Slowbro cannot legally select any move for the third round and must switch out or use Struggle. Slowbro is forced to alternate between Calm Mind and Struggle every other round until the Encore wears off.
As you don't select Struggle, you won't be prevented from performing it.

When EV training by battling trainers (more specifically, the trainer with 6 Magikarps), by using a Power Anklet, is that +4 for each Magikarp?

So each Magikarp would give me 5 (it gives 1 Spd EV normally + 4 from Power Anklet), and 5 x 6 = 30?

Or is that just +4 at the end of the battle, so, 6 EVs from the Magikarp, +4 = 10 total after every battle?

it's 5 for each magikarp (or 10 for each if you have pokerus)

so yes, it's 30 total (or 60 total if you have pokerus)

GenghisTron, maybe try one of these?

240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
outspeeds scarftran

180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
outspeeds +1 neutral 100's

160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
outspeeds +1 positive 90's

96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
outspeeds +1 positive 100's

haunter

Banned deucer.
Is 252 Attack/252 speed okay for this Kingdra set?- Dragon Dance- Sub- Rain Dance/Outrage- Waterfall
If you're using rain dance in the 3rd slot, then 252 spd is not necessary. If you choose outrage, instead, run 232 spd EVs to outspeed positive natured base 130 pokemons after a dragon dance; move the remaining 24 EVs in hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)