Prom Thread!

I hate the makeup dance thing. I think we all should stop wearing it to even the playing field! Wouldn't that be nice... no one would care you didn't have any makeup because they wouldn't know what anyone looked like with it! We would just have what our genes alone gave us to show off (thats what matters anyway).
Yeah, that's the way I'd prefer it. Simple, clean, natural. I love how guys don't have to do half the stuff girls do to doll themselves up.

The other problem I have with makeup is that is ruins the individuality of the girl. Usually, there's a certain "way" to put on makeup that most girls adhere to. Not only are they hiding themselves, but they're all using the same cover! Everyone's different, so show it!

While we're at it, me and you should go a crusade to eliminate fake breasts, Botox, and the like.

I graduated high school last year but definitely go to prom if a bunch of your friends are going. I had a date but even if you don't it's all good. You really don't need a date to have a good time if friends are going. Just enjoy yerself.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Regarding prom, I'm gonna go to it, even though it's pretty damn expensive.

I'm not gonna bother asking anyone, since I'm already going with a group of friends (most of which are girls anyway). I'm not really going into the prom with high expectations though, because last time I went to one of these school dance thingies with high expectations, I ended up going home depressed. :/

Also, I'm not gonna bother with a tux. I already have a pretty good suit, and I really don't feel like spending more money than I already am on prom, since this isn't my money. What's the deal with tuxedos anyway, how are they even different from suits? I've wondered that, but the only conclusion I could come to is that they were blacker... xD

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guys this is a prom thread, why the hell is everyone talking about schoolwork and extra-curriculars? If you want to discuss that you can make a new thread.

Try to stay on-topic please.

Regarding prom, I'm gonna go to it, even though it's pretty damn expensive.

I'm not gonna bother asking anyone, since I'm already going with a group of friends (most of which are girls anyway). I'm not really going into the prom with high expectations though, because last time I went to one of these school dance thingies with high expectations, I ended up going home depressed. :/

Also, I'm not gonna bother with a tux. I already have a pretty good suit, and I really don't feel like spending more money than I already am on prom, since this isn't my money. What's the deal with tuxedos anyway, how are they even different from suits? I've wondered that, but the only conclusion I could come to is that they were blacker... xD
If they don't have dates do a slow dance with them even if it's just friendly and nothing more. They will appreciate it.

Also tuxedos have different amounts of buttons usually less like only 1 or two and parts of it are satin, like the stripe down the pants... no one will really be able to tell the difference.

There really is no difference between a tux and a suit besides some minor thigns like # of buttons, the shirt being pleated (sometimes) or having french cuffs. The folds (lapels) are usually shinier. It's probably okay to go in a nice suit though.

As for the date thing, at least ask a friend out. That way for pictures and stuff, you don't look like one of the few people that doesn't have a date.

Anyway, I was hoping whether someone could try to "read" this, IMO, strange episode I had with the girl I was going to ask out. I posted this some place else, but did not get a response yet.

And does anyone have experience at after parties? I've been invited to one for 5 bucks. Debating whether or not I should go.

First, the situation with the girl, it seemed like a just some common banter/flirting, I doubt it was anything serious.

I would say just go for it anyway. (Note: Ask around to see if she already has a date. It is an awful/awkward sight when you ask and she already has a date. I have seen it too many times.)

As for the after party, basing this statement off the "typical" after party, if drinking is your thing go for it. Maybe you never drank before, this could be your time to try it out. Its up to you, the $5 charge seems pretty cheap so I am guessing there are going to be a fair amount of people there, if you don't have a date maybe you could pick up a single girl there

^But make sure you know some of the people there, or bring some people you know, this makes it easier for you mingle and chill out.

And does anyone have experience at after parties? I've been invited to one for 5 bucks. Debating whether or not I should go.
short answer, if you wanna get drunk, go, if you wanna watch other people get drunk, go, if you think youre gonna be tired and just wanna crash, dont go.
basically, if youre still gonna want to party after prom, go, otherwise, sleep.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, if you guys go tanning for prom and don't do it all the time, keep your underwear on! Trust me, you'll thank my (severely burnt) ass when you're sitting to type (which I can barely do >.<)

And Suicunes Secret, go for it. As the younger one in the relationship, I felt more obliged to act curteous and chivalrous(?) towards older girls, because they seem to be so much more mentally mature. At least, that's how I was with my older girlfriends (one and two years older) compared to my younger one (a year younger).

I just get drunk/high (never both,that's BAD,trust me,REAL bad) with my friends and just go crazy =D
I do have the advantage that l've got curly hair,which 99% of the girls love, so I don't have problems getting a date(aside from my shyness).
Just don't plan it, if u ask someone spontanuously(sp.?) it works out better.

I'm proud to say I convinced my DJ to play Tunak Tunak Tun at my school prom :) It was a hit, naturally. I'd also like to agree that you definitely don't need to know how to dance to have fun dancing. There were some really bad dancers at my prom (including myself), but from what I could tell, nobody cared at all

P.S. Morm, they did get rid of that stupid 13th grade

I boycotted my prom... not that I couldn't find a date, but because of the ridiculous prices on everything. It's not like any girl I took would be my future wife or anything, so why spend $120 on tickets, $200 on a limo, $50 on after party goodies, and $100 on a tux? It wasn't worth it.

Prom is in 9 hours for me.

Rocking an Oscar De La Renta tux, with a BOWTIE and CUMBER BUN.

^That shit is old-school. Bowties are awesome.

And I am sure to stand from everyone where the "wannabe cool/original" white tux with pink vest and tie. I swear everyone frickin does that!

Back like... four, five years ago, I went to my senior prom. I got extremely drunk and made an ass out of other people somehow. It was pretty entertaining.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the whole pre-prom ordeal has been just lovely so far: i've had to play $450 for me and my girlfriend's dinner/limo deposits and tickets, ask my girlfriend of two years to prom in a "cute way," (why the fuck do i need to ask my girlfriend to prom in a cute way???????) and rent a $120 tux. wonderful.

I'm a freshman, but last year there was actually an 8th grade prom in our cafeteria -_-. I felt kinda bad because I had no idea where my date was more than half the time. There were so many mosh pits though that it made up for it. The music ended up being so bad that everybody just sat at some tables outside where I found my date again and we just talked for a few hours.

It is not that hard. The more confident you are the more inclined a girl is to say yes. She does not want to show up to a formal dance with some guy who is a nerve wreck. Also, be casual about it and play it like it is no big deal (unless the girl you are asking thinks guys are cute that make special invitations and are shy).

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Shit, I really need to grow a pair, man up, and ask a girl. Any advice on how to suck it up and do it?
Guys at our school are really cool about it. My best friend asked his date by ordering two pizzas; one with "PR" written on it,and "OM?" on the other.

Just pick something that you think would work. Either that, or try this pick up line:

If I were to ask you to prom, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question?

Think about it, you'll see why it's a trap.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats man! Hope she's a keeper. =]

On another note, our prom's in two weeks. Wish me luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)