#feto plays Fire Emblem

A long time ago, there was nothing. And then all of a sudden, there was FETO. Fire Emblem Tactics Online. As soon as it rose, so began discussion. On that day, #smogon has been talking about Fire Emblem for like 48 hours straight, until finally lil boi evan (TheBuM) took the liberty of creating a FETO channel called...#feto. We had one of the most active threads on the forums, and the active users list on FETO mostly consisted of our men. Our soldiers.

Months later, the fad died as quickly as it came up. Nobody cared about FETO. Only a few loyal warriors remainded to represent the Smogon Fire Emblem players, trying their best to fight the pleas of Hazerider and his subordinates as they tried to close their eyes from our discussions. Our channel has been reduced to minimal activity, courtesy of snowstorms, server moves and biohazards.

But now we're BACK!

Several days ago, HTML nazi and FE8 arena abuser ryubahamut proposed we brought back the tradition of a shared playthrough. It started with Vincent, ryu, dak, Toothache and me doing an attempt of beating FE7's HHM by doing a chapter attempt each, restarting only if we got a Game Over (so not if a character died). It was a tough fight, and due to activity reasons HHM was the victor. We have gotten revenge, with two defeats on FE6 (me and Vincent beat FE6 NM, and me/tooth/ryu even beat FE6 HM). I have extremely fond memories of some of these playthroughs, especially the FE7 one where people kept insisting I had killed our archers on purpose (it was accidents damnit).

And we will play again. Since ryubahamut's leftover time with internet is cut rather short (18 days from now), we had a hastened conversation and decided to play Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on H1 mode. We will use No$gba as emulator, and use mediafire's basic uploader or some other uploading site to transfer battery save files.

Due to there only being so many chapters, we have decided to stick to only the participants that we already knew were interested...I'm sorry if you got all excited. Don't worry, there are more games, more FE players, and thus more potential shared playthroughs out there. However, this one will be kept between at max six people:

1. ryubahamut
2. Toothache
3. Lesm46
4. jumpluff
5. AncienRegime
6. Mekkah

If each of those could post in this thread that they're in for this, we can get this off the ground. Please, everyone, join #feto with me (\o/) so we can get exact things off the ground, and follow the chronicles of Marth's journey!

The main use of this thread is to communicate between the six of us when it cannot be done in real time, and hopefully cause some hilarity for its unfortunate readers as well. And I guess you can use it for some FE discussion as well and try starting other shared playthroughs or whatever.

I had some rule proposals:

1. The save file will be swapped after each chapter attempt, successful or not.
2. A chapter is only reset if Marth dies, or if a Game Over is reached in some other way (I don't think this is possible). No exceptions.
3. There is no obligation to recruit everyone, to obtain every single item possible or to keep everyone alive whatsoever. However, talking to the rest of the team before tackling a chapter is recommended so we don't make it any harder on ourselves than it is.
4. The difficulty will be H1 (1 star Hard Mode).

Let's get this fucker going!

MERRIC YOU'RE ALIVE
YES AND I HAVE BROUGHT EXCALIBUR WITH ME

if it's okay, my ds and I are ready to rumble, just playing along.

EDIT: to clarify I am just playing along with you guys, not actually participating per se

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a reminder to not request or link to ROMs of the game. If you'd like to do something similar, the tools to dump your game to your DS and then transfer to a PC are easy enough to find online as long as you have a flash card =)

Do not worry Firestorm, I have it under control.

We have finally started! Our participants alas do not include Lesm, so we will have to do without his extreme luck. We changed plans to playing an FE7 hack instead, which has nothing changed except the fact that instead of a character's constitution, his strength/magic is what determines how much speed a unit loses from their weapon. I have no idea what the exact consequences will be. Prolly will be fun.

jumpluff is defeating 0 AS brigands as we speak. Or actually, she's reading the dialogue between prologue and Ch1. She did manage to die to Batta the Beast's subordinate on her first try, but she got her revenge after restarting and got Lyn an awesome level-up which included strength.

However, said level up was sort of rendered moot when

Code:
<Priscilla> FUCK
<Priscilla> I KILLED KENT
<Priscilla> BY ACCIDENT
Let's see how this plays out as Lyn fights for desperate survival once again as the battle is restarted.........

I BEAT CHAPTER 1!!!!!

i am kinda exhilarated... i mean... i am really not this dumb but like.. sometimes... ok this post is largely incoherent so far but basically i killed lyn off turn 2.

not to batta but batta's subordinate, as i hit wait and didn'/t attack. oops.

then i beat the chapter and killed kent because i wasn't really thinking and i just said 'OH HEY KENT YOU CAN FINISH OFF THIS GUY!! SHORTER TURN COUNT!!' then somehow realised kent had taken a hit the moment i selected attack. oops.

but my level-up on lyn was good!

IT'S 4:39 AM YEAH!!

{ 04:32:27 AM } <~Mekkah> hey kent's iron lance has been used but he has no exp?
{ 04:32:32 AM } <~Mekkah> ?_?
{ 04:32:39 AM } <~Priscilla> o has it
{ 04:32:46 AM } <~Priscilla> i mightve given him sain's by accident
{ 04:32:53 AM } <~Priscilla> as i messed with the order of items due to ocd when i was trading
{ 04:32:54 AM } <~Mekkah> lol
{ 04:33:01 AM } <~Mekkah> you really should record sometime
{ 04:33:03 AM } <~Mekkah> it would be hilarious
{ 04:33:03 AM } <~Priscilla> lol
{ 04:33:05 AM } <~Priscilla> shut up
{ 04:33:06 AM } <~Priscilla> haha
{ 04:33:06 AM } <~Mekkah> okay, efficiency GO!
{ 04:33:09 AM } <~Priscilla> i will download hypercam now
merged some lines

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
http://www.speedyshare.com/750383657.html

Chapter 7 is complete, the next player up is AncienRegime for chapter 7x.

For the record, we are aiming to concentrate on raising Nils - to at least L7, but dont worry about it too much in this chapter, Sain, Lyn, Erk, and to a limited extent Matthew, Kent and Serra. Just leave out Rath, Wil, Lucius and Dorcas.

AR you are too slow. Next time there's people together in FETO we'll just continue playing until you show yourself.

In the meanwhile, we have advanced to Ch14. So far only Lesm and I have successfully fought through HHM chapters. We're getting pretty terrible level-ups so far on most people, except for Hector and Serra who are turning out amazing.

[22:20:24] <@Lesm46> merlinus dodged 6 attacks on him + rebecca dodged a 50% hit that would have been mortal

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry, I actually wasn't watching this thread - I hardly post in, or even look at IR. Nobody informed me what was going on - I was under the impression that someone would let me know when it was my turn.

If it's not too late, I'd actually love to join in on this... I was initially put off due to some time restraints but if you guys are doing another run I'd love to join in.

sorry yoshi king but if you read the OP

Due to there only being so many chapters, we have decided to stick to only the participants that we already knew were interested...I'm sorry if you got all excited. Don't worry, there are more games, more FE players, and thus more potential shared playthroughs out there. However, this one will be kept between at max six people:

[list of six people]
In other news I just beat Ch14 with nothing at all going wrong since no one else would do it.

Ahahaha, seems I got way too excited at the prospect before thinking things through, thanks Mekkah. I look forward to taking part in the next game. (Please not FE 8 that one is shit easy)

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I've done Ch15, this was a pretty simple one, thanks to some assistance from Mekkah in planning. Oswin blocks off the north, Hector clears out the nearby soldiers and assists in defending from the west fighters along with Eliwood, Guy is also on hand there. Matthew is able to ORKO the thief, and comes in safely after the path is cleared then steals the Silver Axe and Mend wand. Meanwhile Lowen who is taking little damage can gain some exp from the southern mercs. Marcus was there for support if I couldnt reach anything with my foot units, and Serra for healing, which didnt get used often.

In short, with a bit of planning and some luck, this chapter went very well. Oswin had to rely on vulneraries a bit since he kept missing his jav shots on the mages (3 misses in total, and 1 miss on a nomad), but as always he took hits like a champ and even gained HP Str Def Res on his level up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)