I'll Blow You Away! (OU Project Team)

Yes, world cup has come to an end for USA West and me. World Cup has drained me and I would like to share one of my favorite teams before I go to a temporary retirement after my current tournament matches end. I was inspired to see top players post their: "mixed stall," "balanced hazards," "semi-stall," or whatever you guys want to call it. It is nice the team style started to get the dominance as seen today. I would like to call this team: one of the pioneers of semi-stall in DPPt as people like Panamaxis/JLei2k built a team based on this team. Anyways, the team I am posting has got me as high as #2 in OU leaderboard under the names of LoveDestiny and -Michael Jackson-. I have also used this team for the 2nd Round World Cup, where if anyone has seen this team in that battle, it shined. Also this is my first detailed RMT, as if you looked as my past RMT, i wasn't so good =(. I would like to say since the beginning of DPPt, after months working with this team, I officially retire this team. In this current metagame, this team has lost its groove in winning matches it would like to win. Also, I feel I can no longer update this team to my liking. So... here it is, one of my favorite and succesful team ever.

Great examples of Similar Team Styles
(Panamaxis/JLei2k)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58790
(Phillip7086)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59793
(JabbaTheGriffin)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59683

Overview

The purpose of the team was to force enough pressure by forcing switches with defensive typing/bulk and kill opponents with hazards damage and Roar. Although if Stealth Rock+Spikes are not enough to beat things, then Pokemon like Salamence and Snorlax helps beat Pokemon.

-----------

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Spikes
- Endeavor
- ExtremeSpeed

Designed to mess up opposing leads as much as possible and quickly lay Spikes to start the pressure game right from the beginning. Against some fast leads, I get at least one layer of Spikes, but against slower leads, I am almost guaranteed as least two layers. It can also prevent the opposing team to set up Stealth Rock by sleeping the SR user which can be extremely beneficial later in the game. The last two moveslot was chosen depending on the need of the team. Endeavor serves as a last ditch move which helps to beat Pokemon that can otherwise give future trouble. ExtremeSpeed is a much-need priority move in the last slot to primarily kill Pokemon hit by Endeavor and also revenge kill Pokemon if Smeargle manages to survive later in the game. Two options I seriously considered instead of Endeavor/ExtremeSpeed was Protect/Taunt. Protect helped blocked Fake Out and Taunt helped stop stat-uppers, sleep talkers, and unslept SR users, but I really needed a priority user late in the game if I am unable to set up. 252 Atk EVs was given to maximize the damage potential of ExtremeSpeed.
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/212 Def/56 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Swampert is a very essential part of the team as it sets up Stealth Rock and rack up hazard damage with Roar. Swampert is bulky as fuck so it serves as my main physical wall and gives a nice immunity to paralysis and electric attacks. It helps to hinder one of the biggest threat to this team, Tyranitar. 56 Special Attack EVs were given to OHKO Gliscor and the rest of the EVs are added to bulk. I use to run Surf in place of Roar in the past, but the move was limited to a select few pokemon. Roar helps to serve the overall purpose of team and has more usability.
---

Rotom-s @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

A Spikes team always need a Spin blocker. I chose Rotom-S over other formes because it is undoubtly the best forme ever =P. It serves as a counter and check to many things that can threaten this team. Metagross, Gyarados, Scizor, to name a few.. There is no much to say as it is the standard Rest-talker, except that Shadow Ball was chosen over Will-O-Wisp to try to beat opposing Rotoms and damage Pokemon that resist Thunderbolt.
---

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

Snorlax serves a very intimate place in the team. It is one of my main offensive weapons and serves to sponge special hits the best way possible. I had Body Slam over Return, but paralysis barely mattered for the team. So, Return helps give its the extra punch that Body Slam lacks. Special attackers are a big threat to this team overall, so pursuit helps catch Pokemon like Starmie, Rotom, Gengar, Azelf, and Latias on the switch. Crunch+Pursuit sounds like a extremely weird combination, but Crunch is very much needed to hit Rotom hard on the switch. I had Fire Punch over Crunch in the past, but I seldomly used it. I had Superpower over Earthquake for several reasons: 1)It has more power 2)It actually hits Skarmory, Bronzong, Flygon, and Togekiss. 3)It hits ohkos opposing Snorlax and hits much harder than Return after a Curse. The ability Immunity was chosen over Thick Fat because it gives me an immunity to Toxic Spikes. Sweepers like Suicune would destroy Snorlax with Toxic Spikes support, but Immunity helps remedy that.
---

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/80 Def/176 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

My revenge killer and important fighting/ground resist. In the past, I used so many other Pokemon in place of Salamence, but after seeing JLei2k use it in a effective matter. I saw that it fits well in my team. Outrage is used for late-game sweeps, while Dragon Claw serves as a mid-game option. I cannot let Salamence locked in Outrage early or it leaves me suspectable more to Lucario sweeps and Scizor kills. Earthquake helps hit Heatran, T-Tar, etc. Fire Blast is used to catch Scizor on the switch and 2OHKO Skarmory. EVs are pretty standard CSMence except that SpAtk Evs are relegated to Defense EVs to increase physical durability, allowing it to switch in more often.
---

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

This is the 5-star Celebrity with Sandstream immunity.! Hiding under the Substitute, Heatran becomes extremely dangerous to opponents. With Spikes+Stealth Rock up, Roar serves to continue rack up Hazards damage. The combination of Sub+Roar really beats teams with Celebi, Blissey(w/o Seismic Toss,) Jirachi, Cresselia, Skarmory, Umberon, CurseTar, and Scizor. I designed this Heatran to beat Obistall, but the rise of Resttalk Gyarados seriously affected the effectiveness of this set. Lava Plume is the main source beat grasses, ice, and steels. It also has the nice 30% burn rate that can help vs fliers or levitators like Gyarados, Salamence, and Flygon. Under a Sub, Earth Power helps to beat opposing Heatrans, Infernape, and T-Tar. It also helps to finish off Pokemon like Vaporeon, Swampert, and Suicune if in OHKO range.
---

Teambuilding Process

I experimented with Smeargle to function like Azelf and Aerodactyl towards the end of D/P with good results. But it was apparent that at the time, Gengar leads outshined it, and Lum Berry leads were popular at the time. But as DPPt arose, Hypnosis got reduced to 60%, so Lum Berry leads got less popular. I saw a big opportunity to use Smeargle. I teamed Smeargle+Swampert+Heatran for several reasons. I was in need of a bulky ground SR user, so it was either Hippodown or Swampert. I couldn't stand Hippodown breaking Smeargle's sash with Sandstream, so I opted with Swampert. I have always liked Heatran, but saw its use as a Scarf user to be lackluster. I remembered someone saying Substitute is the best move ever, so I tried it with Heatran. It worked extremely well and had a moveset consisting of Substitute/Fire Blast/Earth Power/Dragon Pulse. Dragon Pulse was nice to OHKO Salamence and Kingdra, but as I saw a bigger picture of the team's purpose, I changed Dragon Pulse to Roar. Since Heatran forces so many switches, Roar was indeed the best option in this team to force more switches.

Smeargle, Swampert, and Heatran were some of my favorite Pokemon. Immediately, I wanted to add more of my favorite Pokemon and thought of Zapdos and Gengar. Gengar and Zapdos has that nice Ground+Fighting immunity that the team desperatly needs. Gengar also served as an anti-spinner that I need as well. I had Zapdos set with 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spe Bold with the moveset Thunderbolt/Heat Wave/Toxic/Roost. Notably Toxic was used to beat Blissey, Swampert, and opposing Zapdos. Gengar was a Scarf user with 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe Modest with the moveset Trick/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast. Trick helped to fuk up anything that switches in like Blissey. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt helps to pick off Salamence and Gyarados after a Dragon Dance, and Focus Blast took care of T-Tar and Lucario. The last slot I decided I was in need of a late game sweeper. I took my eyes on Kingdra at the time because it has very nice resistances. It has nailed me really nice late-game sweeps, but I felt something was lacking. The team just seemed too average. I tried many things like Bronzong and SD Celebi Sweeper(lol). But at that time Scizor was heralding itself as a top Pokemon. I read some posts about U-Turn on Scizor being one of the most threatening things in the metagame. I put it in my team, hoping I can rack up damge with CB, and force switches as I U-Turn to a Pokemon that was more favorable vs the opponent. The strategy was a success. It got me to #2 in ladder and to the 4rd round in ST5 until my loss to JabbaTheGriffin(which I shoulda won, but stupid mistakes cost me.) But later in the metagame.. Spinners got popular again and Latias was now OU..

At this point, I met JLei2k. He really liked my team idea and made a team similar to mine. I looked at some of his battles and saw that Rotom-A was very capable in a team like mine. I saw that it can serve like a dual pokemon of Gengar+Zapdos combined. So I replaced those two with Rotom-S. I found that Scizor couldn't take repeated hits from Latias and Gengar. And.. Rotom-S couldn't take repeated hits from Starmie. So I took up a Pokemon that I really like in Snorlax. This team really needed immediate offense, so I chose CBLax.

The team was an extreme success and got me to as high as #2 in ladder. But, during a Smogon Tour quarterfinals, I saw myself get swept late game by Lucario. I knew that Lucario could really mess up my team, but I usually took it well by forcing pressure so that Lucario never had a chance to sweep. However, I wanted to perfect this team, so I remember JLei2k used a ScarfMence is one of his old teams. I took that idea because it looked like it can really help take fighting attacks. It was a success and I got to #2 in ladder under the name -Michael Jackson-. Although repeated uses showed that the metagame has changed and that I couldn't keep using this team to get to the top.
----------
Well, thats my team... I had a extremely fun time building it, but finally stopped. It sucks that I never got #1 ever in ladder with this team because either I lose a match after attempting to take the #1 spot, or have someone like IPL who laddered to 1700+ in a fast pace. As I look at teams like Panamaxis/JLei2k, JabbaTheGriffin, and Phillip7086, I am proud that they are able to build on the team style and make it even better.

I stole this threat list.

Defensive Threats:
Blissey - Not really a problem, but Seismic Toss versions are annoying. Snorlax/Swampert doesn't like to repeatedly switch into Blissey, Salamence doesn't like switching in vs Blissey, and it can break Heatran's sub. But Rotom-S can try to Outstall it. Non-SeismicToss versions are owned by Heatran though. Lol its funny that sometimes I kill it with Smeargle's Endeavor.

Bronzong - Leads are taken out by Smeargle. Other ones are walled by Rotom and hindered by Heatran.

Celebi - This team lovveess Celebi! It can't do shiet to Heatran w/o Earth Power and loves getting owned by Heatran when Spikes+Stealth Rock are up.

Cresselia - The team also lovveesss Cresselia. Set-up fodder for Swampert and Heatran.

Forretress - All spinners are annoying. Rotom-S can take some paybacks from Forrey and force it to switch. Heatran can switch into Forretress anytime, but doesn't like getting Rapid Spinned at, so it may take some prediction to get it in versus Forretress.

Gliscor - Lead versions are annoying, but Swampert can scare it and Gliscor can't do anything to Rotom.

Gyarados - Annoying, I hate getting phazed.

Hippowdon - Hippo Leads allow Smeargle to set up. Swampert can set up SR and force it out with Ice Beam or Roar. Hippodown can't do anything to Rotom or Salamence but Phaze or switch. Heatran does a decent 42% to it with a nice 30% burn rate.

Jirachi - Lead versions are annoying, but if it allows Swampert to switch in and set up Stealth Rock if it doesn't trick. Heatran can beat any type of Jirachi, but doesn't like random T-Waves. Mence can also pick it off with Earthquake.
Rotom-A - A little annoying. Heatran doesn't like taking Thunderbolts. Swampert doesn't like taking repeated Shadow Balls. Although I could care less about Wil-O-Wisp, against better players, it can screw up Swampert, but Heatran loves the burn! Snorlax can pick off non-Wil-O-Wisp versions or can Crunch it. Salamence can 2OHKO with Dragon Claw when needed.

Skarmory - By itself, I can take it. But pairing it up with Resttalk Gyarados/Seismic Toss Blissey, it gets annoying as Heatran cannot take repeated hits Blissey or any hit from Gyarados. Rotom-S can take care of Skarmory though when needed. Salamence Fire Blast can 2OHKO.

Snorlax - Not a problem... only lost once to a Curse version out of so many matches.

Suicune - Snorlax does respectable 45% with Return. Swampert can phaze it out, Salamence can pick off Ice beam-less versions, Rotom-S does a pretty good job at hindering it.

Swampert - Lead versions are owned by Smeargle. Although its nice resistances/bulkiness are annoying as Heatran cannot take it on head on w/o spikes/sr support. Snorlax can nail it if it tries to switch in. Rotom-S can continue to wear it down with Shadow Ball. My Swampert works as a somewhat check to it. Cursers looks like a bitch to this team, but I have only lost twice in ladder against it. I usually force so much pressure with my team with the support of sr/spikes that it never gets a chance to set up.

Tyranitar - Lum Berry leads are annoying, but not common. Swampert can check any T-Tar. Cursers usually die like CursePert. Heatran can pick it off after hazards damage or annoy it with Earth Power sp.def drops. Also +1 Payback takes three hits to break Heatran's sub.

Vaporeon - Rotom-S and Snorlax does a pretty good job at beating it. Swampert can phaze it. Heatran can phaze it under a sub.

Zapdos - Snorlax and Rotom-S can beat it. Non-HP Grass versions are beaten by Swampert.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf - Taunt leads are annoying. NP versions aren't common enough to be warrant a threat, although I can pick it off with Salamence and check it with Snorlax.

Breloom - Breloom is always annoying. Rotom-S can take a sleep. Then, Mence can intimdiate it, break its sub and then force it to switch. Non-Seed Bomb versions are beaten by Swampert. Heatran can beat Breloom if Breloom is not under a Sub. Pairing it up with the right team though can beat my team by constantly wearing down Rotom, then letting someone like Gyarados sweep.

Gengar - LO versions are extremely annoying. LO Focus Blast has a chance to 2OHKO Snorlax and it can explode on Snorlax =o. Without a Sub though, Mence can pick it off. Swampert is a last-resort check, but it can only really phaze it away.

Gyarados - Rotom-S can stop it, but it DDs and get some lucky flinches, I am in big trouble. Salamence can intimidate it and lower stone edge's damage enough to not ohko and can ohko with Outrage after SR if needed. Sometimes I can predict Gyarados trying to DD on Swampert and phaze it away.

Heatran - Not a problem. Swampert beats it, my Heatran can beat it, Snorlax is a pretty good check when needed, and Mence can pick it off with EQ.
Infernape - This thing has always caused me problems and still does now. The best I can do is kill it with ScarfMence. Sometimes people stay in thinking they are faster. SD versions are also annoying as one SD can 2OHKO Swampert and can really mess up Mence.

Jolteon - Snorlax beats it with Return or Pursuit on the switch. Specs versions can be predicted by switching into Thunderbolt with Swampert.

Latias - Snorlax is the best counter. Scarf/Specs versions are owned by Pursuit. CM versions are owned by Return or Crunch. Mence can outspeed non-scarfs and kill it if necessary.
Kingdra - RD Versions are annoying. Although its funny that Smeargle Endeavor+ExtremeSpeed earned me so many wins vs RD teams. DD versions can be checked by Swampert or revenge killed by Mence.

Lucario - This is the reason why I use Mence. With efficient wearing down of my team, Lucario can sweep my whole team. The next best thing I can do it force enough pressure and try to kill it with Heatran under a Substitute.

Machamp - Lead versions are annoying. When I see one, I don't even bother to Spore it and just Spike. Overall it is annoying. Payback can 2OHKO Rotom-S and confusion can takes its toll on Swampert or Salamence.

Magnezone - Not a problem.

Mamoswine - Lead versions loses to Smeargle. Mamoswine can be efficently checked by Rotom-S and Swampert. Heatran can beat it if Mamoswine isn't Jolly or Scarfed.

Metagross - Not a big problem. Smeargle beats most Metagross leads, but Lum Berry leads are annoying. Heatran and Rotom-S can beat Metagross though

Salamence - Seriously... we all know Mence is a beast. Prediction and SR can kill it. I can check DD versions with Swampert if I am around 93%+. Mence can scare off MixMence versions if I manage to get it in. Heatran can hide under a Sub as Mence switches in and phaze it out.
Scizor - Not a problem. Heatran, Rotom-S can beat it. I don't care if it switches into Swampert and U-Turns.. as long as I got Spikes+SR up.

Starmie - Annoying, but Snorlax and Rotom-S can beat it. Mence can revenge kill it if needed.

Tyranitar - A beast, but Swampert checks it, Mence can revenge kill it. Smeargle can Spore leads w/o lum berry. Heatran can switch into any Dark move and hide under a sub, and maybe beat it with Earth Power.

Zapdos - Similar to Defensive Zapdos of how I handle it.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

SD Lucario
Taunt Gyarados

How to fix:

First off great team, and congrats on the laddering. I too have noticed a spike in this style of play from my laddering experience. But lets get to the team. Lucario is a real menace, Salamence is your greatest check due to its Intimidate and 80 Def. A +1 Close Combat will hurt you still and will deal a wooping 61.63% - 72.51%. With SR down, its going to hurt. Although most players would stay in, there are players who switch-out, and getting stuck in one move could suck. Basically the next time you switch-in and taking another Close Combat, you faint, and this team will practically die.

Taunt Gyarados is a threat also, and is capable of Taunting Swampert and Heatran and proceed to its DD'ing. Rotom provides as a good check but when its asleep, it will loose when you Taunt it, giving it one more DD, and a potential Waterfall flinch. Its not as much of a threat as Lucario, but seeing that your a good player, you could get around it. What I will suggest is a Scarf Rotom, hopefully it wont dent the team too much:

Rotom-H
@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 Hp / 6 SpA / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overhat
- Trick

Yes, the standard Rotom. Having a relaible check to Lucario and Gyarados is crucial for this team. The EVs if you noticed are ripped from kevin/august team. I was reluctant to try it but it works like a charm on teams like this. It allows you to switch in this thing on Lucario and Gyarados more recklessly. The needed HP keeps your Spin Blocker around for a long time. Everything is explanitory here, but Trick stands out because it gives you a weapon vs. Stall teams and Blissey. With Blissey tricked, it helps your guys shuffle much better. Overall gl with this. If you are still iffy with having 2 Scarfers, try a bulky mence or mix mence. gl with this and great team

I think this is a cool playstyle, and congrats on getting all the way to #2 on the leaderboard.

@ Franky: I don't see much of a Lucario problem here, because with Mence here running a Scarf, it easily deals with Lucario with Earthquake. Thanks to its Intimidate, I beleive it can shrug off a Crunch or Extremespeed from LO +1 Lucario, and then defeat it. Crunch would obviously be the better move for LoveDestiny here.

Even if Mence were to die, LoveDestiny could send in Swampy to dispatch Lucario.

Lucario is a real menace, Salamence is your greatest check due to its Intimidate and 80 Def. A +1 Close Combat will hurt you still and will deal a wooping 61.63% - 72.51%. With SR down, its going to hurt.

Taunt Gyarados is a threat also, and is capable of Taunting Swampert and Heatran and proceed to its DD'ing. Rotom provides as a good check but when its asleep, it will loose when you Taunt it, giving it one more DD, and a potential Waterfall flinch.

Rotom-H
@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 Hp / 6 SpA / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick
Lucario is menace, no doubt. I have to work around Lucario numerous times to be able to achieve victory versus a team with it. I find that most opposing teams will not be able to SR against me unless they pair up Azelf, Infernape, or Aerodactyl with Lucario. But when I switch in Mence, they SD while I switch in, so they won't get the 61.63% - 72.51% you mentioned. Although yes, if they manage to get SR up and then Close Combat me, its gonna hurt. Taunt Gyarados never gave me problems, only DD LO =(.

@I use a Rotom similar to that with 252 HP / 192 Spe / 64 Sp.Atk: Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp/Trick. Although I never considered it for this team because I switch in Rotom alot for this team and considered RestTalk the superior option. I might try that if I ever feel like playing with the team again. Thanks for your suggestion.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
just posting to say this team is great, helped me come up with a good lead for my smogon tour team, and even used this team in the smogon tour itself and won my matches with it, great team.

Only thing that I see as a major weakness is LO dd gyra or SD luke after mence is dead

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
You should've made the title "I'll Blow You" and have the first word inside be "Away!", you would've gotten more posts that way..

Anyways, amazing team, you were the first person who ever made "offensive spikes" viable.

1. I prefer ice punch over ice beam on pert for latias.
2. I dislike scarfmence, azelf can still set up rocks against you and I hate losing 25% of my health every time I switch in.

I don't think you're exactly looking for changes though and I'm sure you're aware of all possible changes.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Franky is right about the Lucario issue, you can switch into it only once with SR on the field because a +1 life orb'd ES does 55.29% - 64.95% to your Mence, meaning that it's a goner upon the second switch in. Since you don't want to scarf Rotom, and I can see why, have you ever thought of using a bulky Salamence over your scarf one? I'm thinking of something like:

Salamence@leftovers
nature: jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
-dragon dance
-dragon claw
-earthquake
-roost

which would make a solid check for Lucario (considering that ES will always do less than 50%) while also allowing you to sweep late game after a DD.

Also, although shadow ball on Rotom is appealing, I've always found W-o-W being the superior option, as it is now your Rotom is an easy pursuit bait for TTar, and losing it early in the game would open your team to a dangerous Gyarados weakness. With W-o-W you can outstall TTar's pursuits after the burn, forcing it to switch out or die slowly because of the burn.

I'm rating your thread with 5 stars anyway, this is definitely a good team and a well presented RMT.

Yeah, I guess your right. I was saying that if LoveDestiny gets Salamence in on a SD it can kill Lucario fairly quickly. I second the motion of the bulkier Mence, Haunter.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hi LD.

I don't really see the point of 252 Atk on Smeargle. With HP EVs you can survive shit like Restalk Rotom-a's Thunderbolts and take less from priority like Bullet Punch that otherwise is gonna be quite annoying. Being a fellow (former) user of Lead Smeargle I can say that the added HP / Defense really helps at times. If you ever choose to ladder with again then I suggest 96 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe / 40 SpD for optimal physical Defense with the leftover SpD.

I kinda feel like a Rapid Spinner would really help you to keep SR and Spikes off the field, as like many before me have said, Scarf Mence becomes a shaky Lucario check with Stealth Rock down. If you don't use Bulky Mence you could always try Wish Mence with Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Wish / Protect (or Roost) as i'm sure your team would not mind the support, especially Snorlax as Wish will allow it to take repeated beatings.

Excellent team though, 5 stars from me. I also find it kind of funny that your UU team you posted and this team have a lot of similarities (most notably Smeargle lead + Sub Roar Fire mon). Also I am pretty sure i have played the earlier versions of this team on ladder!

- Return
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

In Snolax im Preffer ...

Snorlax (M) @ Levtovers
Ev's: 252Hp/252S.Def/4Def
Careful Nature
~Curse
~Body Slam
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake

The Classic Curselax =3 For me Don't Need Effort Def and Atk Because Curse Give to You the Boost of Atk and Def

In Heatran...Im Preffer Scarf =3

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Abilty-Flash Fire
Ev's: 252Spe/252S.Atk/4Hp
Rash/Hasty Nature
~Flamethower/Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Ice/Dragon Pulse
~Explosion

I don't know if anyone said it yet but if you are using endeavor, wouldn't it make sense to have someone else with a priority move?

Just a thought.

The team looks great with the most recent updates.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
- Return
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

In Snolax im Preffer ...

Snorlax (M) @ Levtovers
Ev's: 252Hp/252S.Def/4Def
Careful Nature
~Curse
~Body Slam
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake

The Classic Curselax =3 For me Don't Need Effort Def and Atk Because Curse Give to You the Boost of Atk and Def

In Heatran...Im Preffer Scarf =3

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Abilty-Flash Fire
Ev's: 252Spe/252S.Atk/4Hp
Rash/Hasty Nature
~Flamethower/Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Ice/Dragon Pulse
~Explosion
the whole point of the snorlax is trap latias or any other annoying things that can be easily pursuited, and the whole point of the heatran is be behind a sub a shuffle teams around with roar.

did you read the rmt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)