Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the pokemon have to follow you, or can does it give you the option of walking by yourself?

Sorry if its been said or asked already, but I just read like 10 pages and didn't find an answer. I really want to be able to turn that feature off.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What the FUCK? Is Mewtwo on some kind of drug or something? Anyway I've been reading Pokebeach's coverage and didn't see things I thought some of the Smogoners might know.

Does a Pokemon have to be in the first slot to follow you?

Does Red get a high enough boost to be higher than your rival in Platnium?

EDIT:Oh I saw Red's team, forget that question

EDIT 2:Red's new sprite is my favorite new sprite yet

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's quite cool that you get a choice of one of the three Kanto starters from Professor Oak and one of the Hoenn starters from Steven once you've beaten the elite four. That's the most number of starter Pokemon you have ever been able to get from a single game.

It's quite cool that you get a choice of one of the three Kanto starters from Professor Oak and one of the Hoenn starters from Steven once you've beaten the elite four. That's the most number of starter Pokemon you have ever been able to get from a single game.
And a Champion from EVERY REGION is in this game. Green, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, plus Red and yourself. I was so glad to see Steven in this game, I was excited when he even had that tiny little mention in Platinum. He is by far my favorite Champ. Let's just pretend Wallace never happened...
Anyway, at least we know where he went for his "soul searching" at the end of Emerald, and this places RSE nicely where we predicted it chronologically.

And a Champion from EVERY REGION is in this game. Green, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, plus Red and yourself. I was so glad to see Steven in this game, I was excited when he even had that tiny little mention in Platinum. He is by far my favorite Champ. Let's just pretend Wallace never happened...
Anyway, at least we know where he went for his "soul searching" at the end of Emerald, and this places RSE nicely where we predicted it chronologically.
Ya know it would've been beautiful if you could've taken on Cynthia and Steven in HGSS. That's would've increased my chances of buying this game from 150% to 200%.

MEW LOOKS AWESOME!!! Without my [Pokemon-related] bias, this is pretty much one of the best sprites in HGSS, in my opinion.

AND SO DOES PORYGON2 (compared to its retarded looking Platinum Sprite)!

And behold the second 3rd/4th Generation Sprite of Porygon which does not have a flat-looking face. >_> (FRLG was the first).

In fact, I like Porygon/Porygon2 so much, that I just printed the enlargened sprites as the FIRST THING I printed on my new printer (not kidding).

And why do Unown sprites NEVER change

Aww... I was hoping there would be numerical Unown in this game, whatever.

Moving on to Moveset Chan...

LUGIA AND HO-OH LEARN WEATHER BALL!!! HOW EPIC!!!

Can you say "Hidden Ability Revealed" (unless I missed something else)?

This could change the Ubers Metagame a little if people realize it's major use. Basically, it doesn't reduce BP under the opposite weather (like Surf/Hydro Pump would in Sun and like Flamethrower/Fire Blast would in Rain). Can be handy, I guess.

Wow, now Metal Burst, Hydro Pump, and Shadow Sneak don't seem as special now that any Dialga/Palkia/Giratina can learn them. >_> Not complaining though. Power Gem is Power Gem and Destiny Bond is cool.

Muddy Water is an epic fail on Kyogre, Hammer Arm could be useful on Groudon, Hyper Voice is meh on Rayquaza.

Now can someone pretty please rip the "Pokemon Following You" Sprites and maybe some In-Game Music too. ;-D

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
they nailed skarm's sprite. mewtwo in the ballet? birds and dogs suck. Kabutops/Omastar are win.

For those of you who are far into the game: What is the 8th thing in the Menu and when do you get it? So far I have Pokedex, Pokemon, Bag, PokeGear, Trainer's Card, Save, and Options.

I'm assuming you haven't played this game yet because you don't know what I'm talking about based on your response. There's a blank slot left on the Menu Screen and I'm curious as to what it is. For those of you who know what I'm talking about the blank spot under the "Options" button and next to the "PokeGear" button.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Heh this is really fun. Bullet Punch / U-turn / Metal Claw / False Swipe Scizor is ripping stuff up.

This game looks epic... I can't wait to get it. Some of the random changes, like getting HM04 outside of Mt. Mortar instead of from the sailor in Olivine and adding more puzzles to the gyms, seem a bit odd to me, though. Also, since they're doing the whole Eusine/Suicune thing from Crystal, I'm surprised that they're putting him in Kanto and not in the Tin Tower right after beating the Radio Tower.

I've got a few questions for those lucky enough to have it:

1. Do you still defeat the 5 Kimono Girls to get Surf? I know they play a bigger role in this game.
2. For that matter, are there 2 more Kimono Girls (Leafeon/Glaceon)?
3. Can you still decorate your room?
4. If anyone on this site has gotten that far, does the GB Player replace EVERY piece of music (that was in G/S/C) with its original?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I can only answer 1. (Spoilers below)

You don't actually battle the Kimono girls at all to get Surf. A TR grunt is harassing the only one in the building. You defeat the Grunt and the man in the crowd is thankful enough to give you HM03 Surf. You battle all 5 Kimono girls consecutively (without a break) later in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)