Set-hunting : a counter to Steels and Bulky Waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening, I am here as, after much research, I am still drawing a blank on a certain pokemon set. I need to find it for a team.

The pokemon set should :
Be a good counter to :
  • Metagross,
  • Bronzong,
  • Skarmory,
  • Jirachi,
  • Suicune,
  • Vaporeon
  • Empoleon

Ideally it's bias would be special, not physical, but that is not essential.

Bonus Criteria
As an added bonus, if this pokemon set can counter any of the following as well, it would be excellent :
  • Celebi
  • Lucario
  • Latias

Or if the same said pokemon can act as a good stallbreaker, that would also be excellent.

Be assured, I am not being lazy and just getting you guys to do the leg work for me! I have been working hard at this but think I could use some outside inspiration.

So far my best draw has been:

Magnezone
252 SpA, 40 Atk, 216 Spe
Timid

-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass / Ice / Fire
-Substitute / Signal Beam
-Explosion / Magnet Rise

Please feel free to offer a suggestion!

Rotom-H can hit all of them for super-effective damage with Thunderbolt, Overheat and Shadow Ball, and makes a decent switch in to most of them, but not Latias or setup Empoleon. You're asking for too much if you want to counter them all with one Pokemon.

Feel free to re-arrange the Evs. I had one with more Spc def and less HP but I noticed that this one takes the same amount of damage (in %) from Starmie's T bolt (35%-41%), the same amount of damage from scarf latias T bolt (38%-45%) and with more HP it has more Physical bulk (without losing Special bulk at all as stated before)

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers *** Harkinian
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 156 HP / 216 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
- Slack Off
- Surf

Most of the time people think Slowking it's the shadow of slowbro. Well, the point of this is that Slowking can set up on Crocunes, Toxicless Vaporeons, Set up Empoleons, Jirachi, Bronzong and even try a last-pokemon sweep making Skarmory P haze useless (or taking a bunch of damage from a +2 surf in switch ins)

From that list the only pokemon that can hurt slowking (without the criteria stated above (toxic vaporeon)) with more than he can recover is Metagross with Thunderpunch (48%-56%) and Lucario with Crunch and life orb (celebi it's depending on Evs, but leech seed it's enough to make slowking switch anyways because of Slowking's high HP)

It's not a counter per se, but can take the hits from all of those pokemon and threat with set up or just force switchs while recovering health.

Thank you for all your posts so far :)
They have thrown some new ideas out for me to consider!

@ Lemmiwinks MkII
I know this is a big ask of one pokemon, I just am desperately trying to find the best pokemon to fit this bill, roughly.

Magnezone will do exceptionally well with most of those mons. However, if I may add to the list...Swampert will give it a very hard time. A very hard time lol.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please use the Simple Questions / Simple Answers thread stuck at the top of Stark for this kind of thing. We don't need a bunch of threads asking about specific counters or Pokemon, this play will turn into a mess.

(PS: Magnezone does seem the best bet from your list you gave).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)