Blaziken (Swords Dance)

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Franky wrote this entire thing; I'm just passing it through grammar and whatnot.

Needs grammar checks.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/blaziken

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Low Kick / Superpower
move 3: Flare Blitz
move 4: ThunderPunch / Stone Edge / Quick Attack
item: Life Orb
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Though the common mixed Blaziken is considered a wallbreaker, almost all UU stall teams will carry one of its counters, such as Milotic, Altaria, or Hariyama. However, this Blaziken uses Swords Dance to boost its attack to sky-high levels, allowing it to OHKO all of its usual counters and run through unprepared stall teams.</p>

<p>Low Kick is Blaziken's main STAB move, OHKOing many walls (if Stealth Rock is on the field) without any drawbacks. However, Superpower is another option that can OHKO Milotic and defensive Altaria as well as have a chance to OHKO Donphan with Stealth Rock down (in exchange for the Attack and Defense drop). Superpower will always OHKO 252 HP / 252 Def Milotic, and 252 HP / 40 Def Altaria will take a minimum of 77.68% from a resisted Superpower, which is a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock down. Even after the stat drops, Blaziken will have a +1 boost under its belt and a clear path to sweep.</p>

<p>The secondary STAB move is a choice between Fire Punch and Flare Blitz. While Flare Blitz may sound like a dangerous choice for this set because of its recoil, its sole purpose is to grab the OHKO on bulkier Pokemon like Spiritomb, Uxie, and Claydol. On the other hand, Fire Punch provides a safer option without any negative side effects.</p>

<p>The final slot comes down to three choices dependent on a team's needs. Firstly, ThunderPunch comes in handy when faced with a defensive Slowbro, as it deals 73.15% - 88.83% and has a 7.69% chance to OHKO with Stealth Rock down after a single Swords Dance boost. Secondly, Stone Edge is a nice move to hit Altaria and Moltres without resorting to Superpower and having Blaziken's Attack and Defense drop. Lastly, Quick Attack provides Blaziken a way to hit faster Pokemon such as Dugtrio and Sceptile. To illustrate the damage output of a boosted Quick Attack, here are some damage calculations:</p>

<p>Damage Calculations</p>

<ul class=”damage_calculation”>
<li>+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Dugtrio - 96.68% - 113.74%</li>
<li>+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Sceptile - 59.43% - 70.11%</li>
<li>+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Espeon - 65.68% - 77.49%</li>
</ul>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature is an alternative to outpace Pokemon who linger around the base 80 Speed tier, most notably neutral-natured Venusaur, Nidoking, Kabutops, Toxicroak, and other Blaziken. However, the decrease in power means Blaziken loses out on a guaranteed OHKO on Altaria with Stealth Rock down (Superpower and Flare Blitz both do a minimum of 70.90%).</p>

<p>Blaziken fits nicely on "spike-stacking" offensive teams that use both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Stealth Rock and at least two layers of Spikes give Blaziken a higher chance to OHKO Slowbro with ThunderPunch, as well as Dugtrio and Sceptile with Quick Attack. Another way to improve Blaziken's sweep is to spread paralysis around the opponent's team. Uxie and Mesprit are great candidates for this due to their natural bulk and ability to set up Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>Blaziken usually has trouble dealing with priority users. Ambipom is a nuisance because it has Fake Out to deal damage, as well as Return to follow up and 2HKO Blaziken. Hitmontop also has Fake Out and Mach Punch to reduce Blaziken's HP. Azumarill can threaten Blaziken with STAB Aqua Jet, while Blaziken can't even muster a 2HKO with a boosted Quick Attack. On a balanced team, Weezing makes an exceptional partner to Blaziken when it comes to handling these threats, as it can cripple these Pokemon with Will-O-Wisp as well as lure in Chansey to give Blaziken a good opportunity to get a free Swords Dance boost. Cloyster also fits in with Blaziken due to its ability to set up Spikes while scaring away Azumarill. From an offensive standpoint, Choice Scarf Rotom makes an exceptional partner because it is immune to most priority moves and can threaten foes with STAB Thunderbolt.</p>

<p>On an offensive team, Curse Registeel makes an excellent partner because Blaziken can lure in and defeat Milotic, Altaria, and Hariyama, all three of which can disrupt Registeel's set up with phazing moves or Haze. With these Pokemon out of the picture, Registeel can stack Curse boosts without having them removed. Feraligatr also makes a good partner because it shares many counters with Blaziken and appreciates having them significantly weakened or KOed.</p>

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blaze Kick should at least be mentioned in Set Comments; it's still 90% accurate; has a higher base power (10 points); and, at least according to the Smogon dex, has an elevated critical hit rate. There would be some players willing to take the risk so a slash or a set comment mention would suffice.

Blaziken's speed must be a let down for this set. 80 base speed isn't terrible, but it can be easily outrun by both unscarfed and scarfed Pokemon alike. Given his just "meh" defenses (80/70/70), he's not getting a lot of time to sweep if he takes a neutral hit and with Life Orb damage. The team complements bit should mention a few ways to overcome this, paralysis support would be most welcome in a set like this.

edit: Brosius, post actual content in your post rather than meaningless one liners. I'm only not deleting it for consistency between mine and Erazer's posts.

I've corrected the Superpower parts 1 minutes after the post.

About Blaze Kick part, you're right, the message is short but the concept is simple:

Blaze Kick have:
1) Higher base power (112,5 vs 127,5 counting STAB and 168,75 vs 191,25 counting STAB + Blaze).
2) Stone Edge/Focus Blast have bad precision, 90% it's good, no?
3) CH can give you a game.

That's my opinion.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Polished the write-up a bit, thanks for suggestions people. Added Blaze Kick for those who love extra power. However it won't much of a difference because Fire Punch still OHKOs Tangrowth. Added Stone Edge as an option because it was suppose to be mentioned in the first place, forgot to place it. Also added paralysis support thanks to Caleum.

Added new material about offensive partners. Comments / grammar checks welcomed now.

move 2: Superpower
move 3: Fire Punch / Blaze Kick
move 4: ThunderPunch / Quick Attack / Stone Edge
nature: Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a Swords Dance boost, Blaziken will usually have the upper hand when facing a stall team.(imo you should either remove this sentence or edit it to not be repetitive with the one after it) This set aims to bypass its typical counters by boosting its already-high Attack stat with Swords Dance (edited). Usually, Blaziken will find itself helpless against its common counters, which include Milotic and Altaria, however, the tables can easily turn if Blaziken can manage to slip in a single Swords Dance.</p>

<p>At first, Superpower may seem like an odd choice over Sky Uppercut for its STAB selection, but the extra power is required to OHKO Milotic, Donphan, and defensive Altaria with Stealth Rock down. Superpower will always OHKO 252 HP / 252 Def Milotic, and 252 HP / 40 Def Altaria will take a maximum of 91.53% from a resisted Superpower; a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock down. After using Superpower, the Attack and Defense drop will take a toll on Blaziken, but on the other hand, Blaziken will still have a +1 boost under its belt and a clear path to sweep (important point).</p>

<p>The (removed "choice between the") secondary STAB move is a choice between Fire Punch and Blaze Kick. While Flare Blitz may sound like an easy choice for this set, Blaziken has to consider the fact that it may reduce its HP far too quickly from Flare Blitz recoil and Life Orb recoil. In short, Fire Punch is the safer option without any terrible side effects that may hinder Blaziken, while Blaze Kick provides extra power in exchange for 90% accuracy.</p>

<p>The final slot comes down to three choices depending on what the team needs to fill in. ThunderPunch comes in handy when faced with a defensive Slowbro, as it deals a maximum of 88.83% and has a 7.69% chance of OHKO with Stealth Rock down after a single boost. On the other hand, Quick Attack provides Blaziken a way to hit faster Pokemon such as Dugtrio, Roserade, and Sceptile. Lastly, Stone Edge is a nice move to hit Altaria and Moltres without resulting to Superpower which ends up reducing your Attack and Defense stat.</p>

<p>Before sending Blaziken out, Stealth Rock needs to be on the field in order for Blaziken to sweep successfully. Two layers of Spikes should suffice if you want a higher chance to OHKO Slowbro with ThunderPunch. Other ways to improve its sweep is to spread paralysis to the opponent's team. Uxie and Slowbro are great candidates for this because they can manage to take a hit or two, and spread status in return.</p>

<p>The best way to deal with this set is softening up Blaziken with flinch and priority. Ambipom is a great check because it has Fake Out to deal damage, as well as Return to follow up a 2HKO on Blaziken. Hitmontop also has Fake Out and Mach Punch to reduce Blaziken`s HP. Azumarill can threaten Blaziken with a STAB Aqua Jet, while Blaziken can't even muster a 2HKO with a boosted Quick Attack. Weezing makes an exceptional partner when it comes to handling these threats, as it can use Will-O-Wisp to weaken their physical hits, as well as lures in Pokemon like Chansey. Chansey being lured in (edited) helps give Blaziken (edited) an easier opportunity to use Swords Dance.</p>

<p>Offensively, Curse Registeel makes an excellent partner because Blaziken lures in Milotic, Altaria, and Weezing - all three are common Haze users. With Haze users out of the picture, Registeel can boot up Curse easily without having its precious boosts removed. Feraligatr also makes a good partner because Blaziken acts as a lure to those Pokemon mentioned, and it generally helps Feraligatr sweep in the long run of the match.</p>
One question: why Quick Attack over Mach Punch? Obviously you aren't hitting Roserade as hard, but Roserade isn't switching in on Blaziken innitially anyway, plus a whole load of other Pokemon are hit harder (Azumarill, Sceptile, Floatzel, etc.). Also, having a reliable STAB attack without downsides like low accuracy, recoil, etc. is nice. I think removing Stone Edge from the listed options might also be a good idea. If Altaria isn't a problem, as you stated, what is it used for?

edit: I apologize, I assumed it did but must have been thinking of Vaccuum Wave. I still am not quite sold on Quick Attack, however. While it is an okay fit for the last slot, I recommend suggesting a full layer of Spikes if you're using it to KO Roserade, who survives otherwise.

This would be because Blaziken does not learn Mach Punch. I am quite surprised this wasn't in the analysis before, as it is a powerful weapon against stall. I was sure it was but oh well. Nice job franky.

I may edit this post later with corrections.

it doesn't learn Mach Punch unfortunately

I think Jolly should be slashed in because it actually goes quite a long way towards alleviating Blaziken's speed worries. there are tons of Pokemon in the 70-85 range like Absol, Nidoking, Toxicroak, Kabutops, Venusaur, and opposing Blaziken and a Jolly nature helps Blaziken beat +speed 70-75s, at worst tie with opposing +speed 80s, and beat neutral-natured 85s. you still OHKO Milotic with Superpower.

678 Atk vs 282 Def & 394 HP (120 Base Power): 403 - 475 (102.28% - 120.56%)

One question: why Quick Attack over Mach Punch? Obviously you aren't hitting Roserade as hard, but Roserade isn't switching in on Blaziken innitially anyway, plus a whole load of other Pokemon are hit harder (Azumarill, Sceptile, Floatzel, etc.). Also, having a reliable STAB attack without downsides like low accuracy, recoil, etc. is nice. I think removing Stone Edge from the listed options might also be a good idea. If Altaria isn't a problem, as you stated, what is it used for?
Blaziken doesn't learn Mach Punch.

I'd agreeabout Stone Edge, though. If +2 Superpower takes out Altaria, then SE seems to serve no purpose, since your opponent is left facing a +1 Blaziken, likely without a good counter to it.

EDIT: looks like I'm ridiculously late on that one. The question about still stands.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well its last option simply because there's a possibility of Moltres / Altaria + Milotic being on the same team. With Stone Edge smashing them, and still keeping the +2 boost. You can smash Milotic who switch-in next. Basically, its all about keeping the +2 boost if you want to score a 'double kill'

@ whistle

Jolly is iffy, I will mention it on a seperate paragraph, but I feel as Blaziken is going to miss some crucial OHKOs. The set itself is geared towards stall / wall breaking as suppose to outpacing faster Pokemon. I'll mention it though thanks.

@ bojangle

I'll get on dat, thanks..!

I've been using this set quite a lot, and I've found Flare Blitz to be more useful than the other Fire STAB moves. The recoil does suck, but I've found that the power more than makes up for it, because there are many times it's nice to have a 120 Base Power attack that doesn't drop your Atk, and I've never found that Blaziken sticks around long enough for the recoil to be a huge pain anyways.

Seconding Flare Blitz being added. Blaziken will last a couple turns maximum, and whether or not it's his own doing or not doesn't really make a difference. It also lets you more freely use Jolly.

I think ThunderPunch is a pretty big waste of a move slot, you aren't taking Slowbro down like that any time soon, especially with Donphan around spinning. Quick Attack is pretty well needed as well with Dugtrio in the tier, while Stone Edge actually beats Altaria (while ThunderPunch doesn't really do....much).

Jolly should definitely be slashed too. With Modest Moltres, Roserade, Swords Dance Venusaur's hanging around (and increase in popularity), Jolly will get you a lot of much needed KOes.

Fire Punch is really pointless on this set too with its weak BP. You're better off using Flare Blitz for an accurate attack. You're going to miss a lot of KOes without Flare Blitz / Blaze Kick.

tl;dr

[SET]
move 3: Blaze Kick / Flare Blitz
move 4: Quick Attack / Stone Edge

Just a suggestion obviously.

franky

I'm a bit reluctant to take out ThunderPunch just because it can't OHKO Slowbro. With ThunderPunch, at least it stands a chance, and in my comments, 2 layers of spikes, as well as sr should be enough to increase the chances of OHKOing Slowbro. Slowbro is a nightmare to this set, and it can bypass it for sure with a little help from hazards.

As for Flare Blitz, I might need to test it out to see how it fares well before putting it in. The Fire Punch vs Blaze Kick isn't really a big difference, as the latter is more accurate and can still OHKO tangrowth 100%. blaze Kick still 2HKOs Weezing, as well as Fire Punch. Other than that, I don't know what important KOes Blaze Kick vs. Fire Punch would do. I placed it in the comments, as another option for 'extra power' lovers.

I mentioned Jolly on a paragraph already, but Adamant should remain as the best option as it really is required to break Stall and walls in general. thanks for the suggestions

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice analysis, but perhaps you could mention that this Blaziken would benefit greatly with something that can spam thunderwave so sweeping is easier. Base 80 speed isn't slow by any means, but as said before there are a lot of pokemon that do outspeed it so I think Blazy could perform much better with speedy threats paralyzed.

franky

I mentioned that already, thanks for the feedback

Onto the analysis itself,

<p>This set aims to bypass its typical counters by boosting its already-high Attack stat with Swords Dance. Out of all the sets, this one has the best way to plow through unprepared stall teams. Usually, Blaziken will find itself helpless against its common counters, which include Milotic and Altaria, however, the tables can easily turn if Blaziken can manage to slip in a single Swords Dance.</p>
This paragraph is kind of awkard and redundant. If you rephrase it something more like

"Though Blaziken is considered a wall-breaker in UU, almost all stall teams in UU will carry one of its counters, such as Milotic, Altaria, or Hariyama. However, with Swords Dance, Blaziken can turn the tables on them by boosting its already-high Attack to sky-high levels, which lets Blaziken bypass its usual counters. This allows it to run through unprepared stall teams."

This is most of the same information but rearranged in a way that lets it flow better.

Superpower will always OHKO 252 HP / 252 Def Milotic, and 252 HP / 40 Def Altaria will take a maximum of 91.53% from a resisted Superpower; a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock down.
If it's guaranteed, then a more useful calculation would be to show the minimum damage, or both.

On the other hand, Quick Attack provides Blaziken a way to hit faster Pokemon such as Dugtrio, Roserade, and Sceptile.
You should include some calculations, because people will probably be skeptical of an unSTABed Quick Attack.

Just a couple of things, overall this is a well-written analysis and the content is pretty spot-on.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the note of Slowbro. No one is going to leave in Slowbro on a Blaziken due to the fear of it being the MPA. Which means that you'll usually get a kill before Slowbro walls you.

franky

Couple of things I've added so it makes editing easier:

• Added Flare Blitz as main option after a talk with Heysup in IRC
  • Added 'spikestacking' paragraph and damage calculations for Quick Attack thanks to umbarsc
  • Revised the intro, thanks to umbarsc
Grammar checks needed if required

red blue green BLAH BLAH BLAH

grammar + extraneous words / length issues check

[SET]
move 3: Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
move 4: ThunderPunch / Stone Edge / Quick Attack

<p>Though the common mixed (clarification for continuity)Blaziken is considered a wall-breaker in UU (redundancy), almost all stall teams in UU will carry one of its counters, such as Milotic, Altaria, or Hariyama. However, this Blaziken uses Swords Dance to boost its attack to sky-high levels, allowing it to OHKO all of its usual counters. with Swords Dance, Blaziken can turn the tables on them by boosting its already-high Attack to sky-high levels, which lets Blaziken bypass its usual counters. just a style issue (the last part of the old sentence sounded awk). This allows it to run through unprepared stall teams.</p>

<p>At first, Superpower may seem like an odd choice over Sky Uppercut for its STAB selection, but the extra power is required to OHKO Milotic, Donphan, and defensive Altaria (and to have a chance to OHKO Donphan) with Stealth Rock down. Superpower will always OHKO 252 HP / 252(+) Def Milotic, and 252 HP / 40 Def Altaria will take a maximum of 91.53% minimum of 77.68% (umbarsc's recommendation, which I agree completely with)from a resisted Superpower; a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock down. After using Superpower, the Attack and Defense drop will take a toll on Blaziken(,)(;) but on the other hand, Blaziken will still have a +1 boost under its belt and a clear path to sweep.</p>

<p>The secondary STAB move is a choice between Fire Punch and Flare Blitz. While Flare Blitz may sound like a dangerous choice for this set because of its terrible side effect, its sole purpose is to grab the OHKO on bulkier Pokemon like Spiritomb, Uxie, and Claydol. On the other hand, Fire Punch provides a more safer option without any terrible side effects that may hinder Blaziken. Blaze Kick is another option for extra power in exchange for 90% accuracy. (It is not in the set's moves which makes it just extra “duh” imo)</p>

<p>The final slot comes down to three choices depending on what the team needs to fill in a team's needs. ThunderPunch comes in handy when faced with a defensive Slowbro, as it deals a maximum of 73.15% (-) 88.83% (maximum calculations make the analysis look good by making Blaziken look like a beast but are not as informative) and has a 7.69% chance of OHKO with Stealth Rock down after a single boost. On the other hand, Stone Edge is a nice move to hit Altaria and Moltres without resulting resorting to Superpower and its which ends up reducing your Attack and Defense drop stat. Lastly, Quick Attack provides Blaziken a way to hit faster Pokemon such as Dugtrio, Roserade, and Sceptile. To illustrate the damage output of a boosted Quick Attack, here are some damage calculations:</p>

<p>Damage Calculations</p>

<pre>
+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Dugtrio - 96.68% - 113.74%
+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Roserade - 72.80% - 85.82%
+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Sceptile - 59.43% - 70.11%
+2 Quick Attack vs min HP / min Def Espeon - 65.68% - 77.49%
</pre>

<p>A Jolly nature is an alternate option alternative to outpace a lot of Pokemon who cower under linger around the base 80 Speed tier, most notably neutral-natured Venusaur, Nidoking, Kabutops, Toxicroak, Honchkrow, and Blaziken. Although, the trade for Speed over Attack means that Blaziken will miss out on a surefire OHKOs on both Tangrowth and Donphan. (wtf PEPSI CHALLENGE – you don't have a “surefire” OHKO on Donphan with Adamant [744 Atk vs 372 Def & 384 HP (120 Base Power): 334 - 394 (86.98% - 102.60%)] while Flare Blitz, the primary Fire STAB, does a minimum of 147.03% to Tangrowth.) However, the decrease in power means Blaziken loses out on a guaranteed OHKO on Altaria with Stealth Rock down (Superpower and Flare Blitz both do a minimum of 70.90%). (A much better reason, no? =])</p>

<p>Blaziken fits nicely in on (')(“)spike stacking(')(”) offensive teams which that involves the use of both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Stealth Rock and at least two layers of Spikes should suffice if you want a higher chance to OHKO Slowbro(,) with ThunderPunch and Dugtrio, Roserade, and Sceptile with ThunderPunch or Quick Attack, respectively. (I'm not sure if “respectively” works for four things... either way, it's more confusing). Other ways to improve its sweep is to spread paralysis to the opponent's team. Paralysis support can greatly benefit Blaziken because of its middling speed.Uxie and Slowbro(offensive team)are is a great candidate(s) for this because they can manage to take a hit or two, and spread status in return due to its natural bulk and ability to set up Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>The best way to deal with this set is softening up Blaziken with flinch and priority. Ambipom is a great check because it has Fake Out to deal damage, as well as Return to follow up a 2HKO on Blaziken. Hitmontop also has Fake Out and Mach Punch to reduce Blaziken`s HP. Azumarill can threaten Blaziken with a STAB Aqua Jet, while Blaziken can't even muster a 2HKO with a boosted Quick Attack. Weezing makes an exceptional partner to Blaziken (to clarify which team Weezing goes on. again, it doesn't fit on offensive teams... which is why this sentence should probably be changed or chucked out)when it comes to handling these threats, as it can use Will-O-Wisp to weaken their physical hits, as well as luring in Pokemon like Chansey. Chansey being lured in helps give Blaziken an easier opportunity to use Swords Dance as well as lure in Chansey to give Blaziken a good opportunity to get a free Swords Dance.</p>

<p>Offensively, Curse Registeel makes an excellent partner because Blaziken lures in Milotic, Altaria, and Weezing - all three are common Haze users. With Haze users out of the picture, Registeel can boot up Curse easily without having its precious boosts removed. Feraligatr also makes a good partner because Blaziken acts as a lure to those Pokemon mentioned, and it generally helps Feraligatr sweep in the long run of the match because it shares many counters with Blaziken and will appreciate having them significantly weakened or fainted.</p>

Couple of things I've added so it makes editing easier:
  • Added Flare Blitz as main option after a talk with Heysup in IRC
  • Added 'spikestacking' paragraph and damage calculations for Quick Attack thanks to umbarsc
  • Revised the intro, thanks to umbarsc
Grammar checks needed if required
I think you should give Cloyster a special mention for being able to handle one of blaziken's biggest problems (Azumarill) with ease, and setting up Spikes on it, while Roserade handles Slowbro and Milotic.

franky

Thanks whistle, much needed edit to cut out some extra words!! Btw for the team options, its my fault for not clarifying what Blaziken fits in with. I wrote that on a balanced team, it would fit in with cloyster and weezing, etc. Added your idea heys

franky

I've bumped this cause' I done some extensive testing for the past weeks or so, laddering with SD Blaziken on my team. I can easily say Flare Blitz is the main option as I removed Fire Punch as an option but gave it a mentioned. Flare Blitz is really important to hurt shit, even if its unboosted. I placed Jolly as an option as well now. grammar check if needed, otherwise this is ready for upload

I'm wondering why you haven't mentioned vacuum wave vs. quick attack at all. Sure you're hitting for repetitive coverage, but your getting 60 instead of 40 basepower, and most of the things which outrun you are going to be hit harder with it than quick attack. Anyways, quick attack would only be needed to hit poison, psychic, and flying for greater damage, and you can hit all of them with your other attacks for great damage in UU with fire punch/blaze kick considering the low number of bulky psychic, flying, and poison types (bar Weezing) you'll be fighting. Plus, you'll be a few extra super effectives on your priority. I can think of two pokemon that you'd be worried about if you're going with Vacuum Wave (Alakazam and Swellow), both Alakazam and Swellow, given standard EV spread are a guarenteed OHKO with vacuum wave. Yanmega might be a problem, but who's going to switch in their precious sweeper against a fire type? Side note, Weezing will always be killed with a SD fire punch.

quick attack uses a stat boosted by swords dance whereas vacuum wave uses blaziken's special attacking stat and would force the set to split evs. if you meant mach punch, well -- he doesn't learn it.

also, adamant +2 lo fire punch (non blaze) vs 252/252+ weezing
744 Atk vs 372 Def & 334 HP (75 Base Power): 211 - 249 (63.17% - 74.55%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)