With Rocks And Without! (OU Warstory)

A decent warstory.the comments were so-so and the battle itself was decent

7.5/10 I expect to see more warstorys from you

To all those asking what Perish Song has to do with Celebi, think about it: Say Celebi is vs a different CM sweeper, like Jirachi and Latias, and as they usually win, they'll be confident and set up alongside you. That's where PS comes in. Besides, PS is a very, very useful move outside of that too.

Oh, and don't forget I'm still testing this ;p

I'll try to find a better match next time, but then again, that's what I always say. It never happens, lol. I'm glad that people like the commentary though - that only means that if I get a good enough battle, it may even be archive worthy! ._.

lol, expect more to come.

At first it seems like CM Perish Song would be to force switches, while letting you set up... but then you die =\ idgi

And I don't think GK hits enough, but that is just me. I guess it is better than running psychic and running into Tar/darks.

Why are people complaining about his leave =\ Yea leaving is rude, but in this case it just saved time. Who really wants to click/read through EQ vs CM/GK? He admitted his loss and left.

Also @whoever said DracoMeteor, he'd then lose to Rachi with a -6 resisted attack.

I enjoyed the match and realize I have to update for HG/SS.

Good read, but if you had gotten SR up you would have probably won the match much easier although that would most likely mean no warstory :\

To all those asking what Perish Song has to do with Celebi, think about it: Say Celebi is vs a different CM sweeper, like Jirachi and Latias, and as they usually win, they'll be confident and set up alongside you. That's where PS comes in. Besides, PS is a very, very useful move outside of that too.
ummmmmm, so you have a cm war with them and then perish song, putting you in a position where you both have to switch. that's really helpful!

Oh, and don't forget I'm still testing this ;p
so you've got to test something before realizing it's silly? time to break out the wurmples and see if they work!

Ok, so kick me when I made a mistake. I accidentally said that I'll win the war. That's not what I wanted to say - I just wanted to say that I need perish song to help my team overall. Oh well.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aside from agreeing with Stath that Perish Song isn't very helpful outside of stall, I thought that this was a much better warstory than battle. The battle itself was only okay, considering that both of you played very conservatively and made some odd choices probably based on team weaknesses (the way your opponent used his Porygon2 was odd to say the least). By the way, the enemy Infernape was almost certainly a Nasty Plot Ape, which is why he didn't Close Combat against Heatran (he had NP/Fire Blast/Grass Knot/Vacuum Wave). 4/5, mostly because you are a good storyteller!

Stath, I don't think this is a good place to start chatting about my team, but threats like Snorlax and others give me some problems without PS. I am considering to replace it though.

@Witness: lol, was that post mostly to brag about "creating" RP Aggron? ;p

Extra comment, as the creator of SubLeichi Aggron I feel obliged to say it was used wrong. Setting up Celebi was not a good idea, however I cannot see another way it could have gotten in...

Possibly your opponent thought that your Calm Mind Celebi didn't run any defensive EV's.

ummmmmm, so you have a cm war with them and then perish song, putting you in a position where you both have to switch. that's really helpful!

so you've got to test something before realizing it's silly? time to break out the wurmples and see if they work!
No, you CM once, Perish Song when you see them CM, and now you have forced a switch. Generally, I prefer Perish Song + U-turn, but maybe his team just needed some support against things like CM Jirachi/Latias?

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
The comments were great, but the battle was so-so.
Still quite an enjoyable read.

No, it's most likely Brick Break, to hit Blissey and buddies.

Nice warstory, B_T. The battle was decent, but the comments were quite good, IMO.

Didn't he have anything else on his Salamence? I only saw Draco Meteor and Earthquake, what else could he have been carrying? Better still, what else could he have been carrying that would have done less damage to Celebi than nonSTAB unboosted notveryeffective Earthquake? Draco Meteor could probably have done the job, even factoring in the Calm Mind boost from Celebi:

Code:
0 SpA Salamence Draco Meteor vs 252 HP Celebi with one Calm Mind boost: 26.98% - 32.18%
On the warstory: I thought it was well formatted and well written, it kept my attention throughout my History coursework (alas) and the battle was not too bad; there was good prediction on both sides and your comments reflected that; the only downside was the awkward ending.
On this post I have to say that even though DM would've koed Celebi Jirachi would've ripped it apart. My guess is he was hoping Earthquake could ko so that Jirachi would've lost that battle. Really though its pretty stupid that he didn't have Fire Blast.

On this warstory: It's a good read I'll tell you that. I liked it but even though I get the fact that he quit because he knew he lost I still don't like that. I think so many others would agree.

On the note of Celebi: I love the fact that it survived Head smash from LiechiAggron. That made me lol. Now we know a very good counter for Aggron in gereral ou besides Heatran and infernape. (Although their not solid counters cause of earthquake.)

At most you can say that Celebi is something Aggron can't set up on, since Celebi still takes a hefty amount of damage from Head Smash.

I think I stated enough through my calcs at the end. Max Attack Adamant LO Head Smash 2HKO's Celebi without a problem, and if SS is up, most Celebi won't even 2HKO. I think one of the more sturdier counters to Aggron is Bronzong, resisting EQ+Head Smash while hitting hard with EQ itself. Basicly, any Pkemon that resists Head Smash will have an easy time against Aggron, as EQ isn't such a force to be wary of. The problems is that not many Pokemon actually resist Rock in the current metagame, and this fact makes Aggron such a beast.

haha very nice, I just wanted to point out one thing though, one of the reasons why he used Vaccuum Wave on Infernape is that he probably noticed earlier during one of the double switches, that your Heatran switched out to Gyarados FIRST and his Infernape switching to Salamence SECOND, meaning your Heatran outsped his Infernape forcing him to use a Priority move to try to kill your Heatran

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)