What is happening to me..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange occurrences have been happening... I'm not sure how to decipher it. I wish that were joking but I've came to a point of uneasiness. Repetition, or recurrences, are happening and are becoming more frequent (time frame in between is becoming smaller). I want to believe that I put significance on insignificant things. So when I see that thing again it becomes meaningful...

Three examples that had some shock on me...

Yesterday I was asked if I were gay... and if I had ever considered it.
Today in my first class the first discussion that was brought up in class was about gay guys hitting on other guys.

Last night I had a dream that my mother died. It was a very vivid dream and I woke myself up from grinding my teeth. I fell asleep and dreamed that I died, however this dream wasn't easy to recall.

There is only one thing I have ever truly asked from God. It is that I never kill an animal "in cold blood", or killing it without the reason of protecting something else. I have never hit a animal with my car. Today I was driving back to school. I saw a Possum cross the road and safely drove passed it. I thanked god for looking out for me and the possum. Right before my turn onto the interstate I hit a possum. He was standing in the middle of the road... perfectly camouflage underneath the bridges shadow.... I was no more than 10 feet away and he turn and stared at me... refusing to move. My heart sunk...

I've told this to my friend about these repeating occurences... He didn't say it but he kept infering that I gay and coming out of the closet. As far as I am concerned that is not the case. Because that is not the only occurence that keeps repeating.

While I know this is in Trou, I didn't think this was a typical "general discussion."

Advice?

I think you are over-reading these incidents, bobert is right, shit things do happen, and usually do so for no reason. Are you a religious person? I know you referred to God, though I'm curious.
And do you believe in Karma, or Fate?

And you most certainly didn't kill that possum in 'cold blood,' it was an accident, you didn't see the possum and accelerate to hit it, it was hidden. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

The gay 'problem'? Again, nothing, today's society is becoming increasingly 'gay' and with this comes curiosity, I'd take it as a compliment, as the person probably thought you were attractive. But if it becomes a problem to you, I'd ask them to stop, politely.

Hope I helped. :)

Like the two above, I really think you are reading too much into things. Having all this anxiety might have influenced you to have nightmares such as the ones you had last night. I find when I am extremely anxious, I'm more likely to have nightmares and wake up during the night.

Dewgong is right, you didn't intentionally run over the possum. It was an accident. I know people who try to hit deer along the road when they see their eyes, or run over a raccoon that's running for the side of the road. You are nothing like these people, accidents happen.

Only you know if you are gay. If you are not comfortable with what the other person said, politely tell him so. The class discussion is, again, coincidental. It shouldn't make you reconsider your sexuality, or feel miserable wondering if you are a "closet gay". Because you would know you are not, as from what I read you are not attracted to males.

Just relax. Nothing is wrong with you. :)

I'm going to jump onto the "stressed/anxious" bandwagon for the dreams. I get really, really bad (often downright twisted and horrific) dreams all the time myself, even though I almost never play horror survival games, watch horror movies, or the such. Taking time to relax before going to bed may help.

As for the part about questioning your own sexuality, I honestly feel like it happens to everyone at one point or another, whether it be a serious consideration or a just a fleeting "what if" thought.

There is only one thing I have ever truly asked from God. It is that I never kill an animal "in cold blood", or killing it without the reason of protecting something else. I have never hit a animal with my car. Today I was driving back to school. I saw a Possum cross the road and safely drove passed it. I thanked god for looking out for me and the possum. Right before my turn onto the interstate I hit a possum. He was standing in the middle of the road... perfectly camouflage underneath the bridges shadow.... I was no more than 10 feet away and he turn and stared at me... refusing to move. My heart sunk...
term: In cold blood
definition: Deliberately, coldly, and dispassionately.

You did not kill it in cold blood.

These things always happen to me.

If you had just hit the possum you probably wouldn't have thought anything odd of it, but since you were thinking about it, thats why you feel strange.

Just an unlucky coincidence.

I feel sorry for the possum :(
People who keep saying you're gay or that you should come out of the closet are almost always gay themselves, I know from experience.

Edit: And about the recurring events, ever seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, season 2?

People who keep saying you're gay or that you should come out of the closet are almost always gay themselves, I know from experience.
Lol. That isn't even remotely true. The people at his school have observed his behavior, and have reached the conclusion that he might be gay. How exactly does reaching that conclusion make them gay?

I'll agree with everyone and say its coincidence. As for the gay stuff, are you sexually attracted to the same gender? Its not easy to tell, and I can't tell you what its like from experience, but I know that I'm attracted to the same gender, nothing I can do about it, same thing goes for if your gay. Try to see what you're more attracted to. And if you are, it doesn't matter, try to keep that in mind. If you aren't, just say, "nah, I'm not, thanks for asking though!" to the people who are interested.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You've been watching too much LOST. And if you have never watched it, then maybe these events are telling you to start watching it!

Also, you have actually not killed the possum intentionally, so relax.

Right before my turn onto the interstate I hit a possum. He was standing in the middle of the road... perfectly camouflage underneath the bridges shadow.... I was no more than 10 feet away and he turn and stared at me... refusing to move. My heart sunk...
Maybe it was just playing possum? (ba-dum-ch)

sounds like a string of shitty luck to me.

dreams can be interpreted a million different ways, it doesn't mean that you or your mother are going to die. animals get hit all the time, you weren't going out of your way to kill it so there was nothing you could have done. and either you're gay or you're not; it really shouldn't matter to you either way as long as you do what feels right to you.

It took me a few days but I've finally been able to dismiss it. At the time it felt very, very strange but I finally decided, like what most of you said, that it was just bad luck and that I was looking into it to hard.

Not that it matters any more but the night that I killed the possum there was another strange "occurrence" that happened that I didn't realize right away. That day I left school for my grandmothers to visit... I turned on my car and the first song playing on the radio was by the Black Eyed Peas - Tonight We are Gunna Have a Good Night. Strange huh? Well, after 5 hours spent at my grandmothers I decided to take my leave. I hopped into my car and turned it on... Baby tonight... we are gunna have a good night. Needless to say it creeped me out after I had realised this.

The night after the dream I tried to contact my mother. She didn't answer... it took me three days to contact her which turned out to be somewhat nerve racking.

Are you a religious person? I know you referred to God, though I'm curious.
And do you believe in Karma, or Fate?
Religous so far to say that I believe in God on the bases there is no reason not believe. I haven't attended church in years but I consider myself a faithful person because I thank god for the good times as well as times he has "watched over me".

I do believe in karma. If I do something "bad" it ALWAYS comes around and nips me in the butt. So I do my "best" to be a nice and/or at least considerate person.

I'm pretty certian I'm not gay. However, during this incident I was scared shitless.. "what if I am gay?" and "What if this is what this means!?"

Ultimately, after I posted this and saw some of the comments, sat up almost all night thinking, and finally contacted my mother I was able to level out.

One friend told me that all these "occurences" were going to lead to an opportunity. I had a choice to say yes to the gay dude. I had the choice to kill the first possum. I didn't have a choice in the dream or music however.

I took that and spun it in a way where... "How do you know your actual feelings, or actions would be, without being put in that 'situation'"

I've never been asked if I were gay however, I've always been sure that I was not. I had the opportunity to, uhm, try this persons different sexual preference but I responded with a sound "No." So... I dunno how to wrap this up.

Killing the possum. I've never killed anything bigger than a fly/ insect or what have you. I've always felt that its wrong to kill anything without having a solid reason. But do I trully feel that way... well after killing the possum it felt like someone jabbed a knife in my gut. So I'm no sure that I want to refrain from killing things.

Thanks for the input guys it really did help.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, the gay thing happens to a lot of guys. People are just messing around, yeah they can be dicks but I wouldn't overreact to it.

Second, how is this cold-blooded? Unless you purposefully set out to kill this possum I don't see how.

As for the dream, we all have nightmares, some re-occuring ones are quite common.

I wouldn't read anything into it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I saw a Possum cross the road and safely drove passed it. I thanked god for looking out for me and the possum. Right before my turn onto the interstate I hit a possum. He was standing in the middle of the road... perfectly camouflage underneath the bridges shadow.... I was no more than 10 feet away and he turn and stared at me... refusing to move. My heart sunk...
I am really confused by that bolded part. It sounds like you saw a possum, and avoided it. What did god have to do with it?

I am really confused by that bolded part. It sounds like you saw a possum, and avoided it. What did god have to do with it?
Before the bolded line I have "There is only one thing I have ever truly asked from God... is that I never kill an animal "in cold blood", or killing it without the reason of protecting something else." I am very adamant about this to. Killing other than to Survive or to Protect is pointless imho. God becomes a part of this because I don't ever pray to God asking for things from him. I don't pray for the sick to get better.. I don't pray for courage and so on. I instead thank God for the things he has given me. "Thank you for this beautiful day", "Thank you for my friends and Familiy." It makes me feel like I do have a relationship with god and that if I do ask for something that it is more meaningful and "realistic". As stated before, me being a hypocrit that I am, "There is only one thing I have ever truly asked from God... is that I never kill an animal... unless to protect someone." As a side note; Animal = Humans on my scale. Maybe this is a little clearer?

This has to be a joke.. don't be such a pussy.

You gay?
Unfortunately, this wasn't a joke. I'm a pretty easy going guy (so I'm told) and that particular week was just beyond weird for me. No I'm not gay. One more thing... why make a comment such as "don't be such a pussy." There are much nicer ways of putting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)