Aggron: No longer the retarded child of Rhydon and Registeel

Shxt. wtf just happened to the metagame xD

Previously OU Rhyperior is being moved into UU
While currently UU Aggron is (prediction) bound to be bumped up to OU.

Hmm...

I do not thnk Aagron will shoot up to OU.

It will eb a good pokemon and inprove in usage but it will not afect the metagame that much, it is not THAT good. It can be stoped my many OU pokes (eg swampert)

^ swampert is one of the three pokemon in OU that can actually take a hit and OHKO back (before it's hit again). 3 out of 51 isn't "many"

I really don't have to say it again but Aggron is just hype. If it does make it into OU, it will probably stay there though, since fanboys now have an excuse to use it over Metagross or Rhyperior (it doesn't matter if Rhyperior is UU, it's a lot better than Aggron).
Aggron's typing means it can be revenge killed by every revenge killer out there (ScarfMence, Heatran, Weavile, Gengar and Starmie come to mind). It could get a kill, mostly because Head Miss is actually strong, but I doubt it can faint more than one Pokemon in a match.
I don't like Miss Edge to begin with, so I'm slightly biased here. Aggron could do well in UU though, I can't deny that.

I really don't have to say it again but Aggron is just hype. If it does make it into OU, it will probably stay there though, since fanboys now have an excuse to use it over Metagross or Rhyperior (it doesn't matter if Rhyperior is UU, it's a lot better than Aggron).
Aggron's typing means it can be revenge killed by every revenge killer out there (ScarfMence, Heatran, Weavile, Gengar and Starmie come to mind). It could get a kill, mostly because Head Miss is actually strong, but I doubt it can faint more than one Pokemon in a match.
I don't like Miss Edge to begin with, so I'm slightly biased here. Aggron could do well in UU though, I can't deny that.
I've taken 2-3 pokes out with Aggron in matches. I've also been able to take out 4 in one match, which is the most as of right now (I doubt it'll be able to ever take out more than that though). Aggron isn't the best pokemon and I don't think it's going to become OU, but when you use it correctly, it's a beast. If anything, it'll become a second Rhyperior. When Colonel M started the discussion on Rhyperior, it's usage rose into OU but now it's back in UU. I believe that's what going to happen to Aggron.

I made a simple test team with Aggron and so far it has served me well enough. I've been using no speed CB Aggron and it has been doing exactly what I have been expecting it to do:

a) Switch in on "weak" Pokemon or strong Pokemon using a move that isn't one of your three weaknesses. Many walls and choiced Pokemon have issues with Aggron, especially in SandStorm weather.

b) Stop trick choicers as well as overall choicers that use the "wrong" move.

c) Maneuver into a position (I have Uturn, Yawn, Leech Seed etc support) where the opponent needs to switch. Whatever comes in is either 1) instantly OHKOed 2) hurt badly to the point of immediate danger or 3) is Swampert and even then it takes like 50% anyway so it's not trying that again.

He puts massive dents into the enemy team. You aren't going to get 6/6 kills with Aggron (I have, but that's anecdotal evidence) what you are going to do is make that sneaky Vaporeon or Rotom-A that switches in thinking it's top shit lose 100% of its health even without SR.

I started running enough speed on skarm to outrun adamant versions so I avoid the 2hko. Haven't seen an aggron since I made the change, so I might switch back.

Well, new analyses are being allowed into C&C. Anyone going to do an analysis for Aggron? By the end of the month I plan to get SubLiechi posted after I do further testing and gather logs, etc.

CB is probably going to be the most discussed though.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tsunami how is Breloom switching in lol. The best you can hope for once Breloom has switched into a Head Smash is to Spore something.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When Garchomp becomes OU, Aggron usuage will decrease faster then its increase.
I like the use of 'when' and not 'if'. Though I have no comp so I can't exactly comment on Chomp becoming OU again.

Even if it did, CB Outrage is easily taken by Aggron, allowing it to RP or sub.

I like the use of 'when' and not 'if'. Though I have no comp so I can't exactly comment on Chomp becoming OU again.

Even if it did, CB Outrage is easily taken by Aggron, allowing it to RP or sub.
Anything but Earthquake Aggron can easily take, and more and more people are realizing that Scarf/BandChomp is incredibly useful for revenging Latias, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, etc. Unfortunately, while Aggron can set up on ScarfChomp(who won't be using Outrage, since Dragon Claw OHKOs the necessities, til late game), ScarfChomp revenges +2 Aggron.

I'm liking the Aggron love in here, but I've yet to see a set with Thunder Wave on it, which I think is definitely worth a mention as it compensates somewhat for his crappy speed.

Also, Garchomp is too good. Don't count on him being re-legalized to beat Aggron.

Aggron wants to attack. It has no business trying to Thunder Wave anything - leave that to defensive pokemon like Celebi and co.

Aggron wants to attack. It has no business trying to Thunder Wave anything - leave that to defensive pokemon like Celebi and co.
Well, it isn't because Aggron doesn't want to spread paralysis, it is because the majority of his counters are ground types. This is why pokemon like Celebi and Gyarados can effectively spread paralysis, because most ground types wouldn't dare switch in. Aggron does, however, enjoy using Toxic to cripple Swampert and Hippowdon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'd like to contribute a tiny bit to the Rock Polish set.
1. The set does not need 252 Speed, only 248, and will outspeed everything exactly the same. 4 Extra EVs for Special Defense.

2. I've just run it over a little bit, and from what I see, people are neglecting that after a Rock Polish, Aggron outspeeds everything without boosts up to Base 130 Speed. Then, with +Speed Choice Scarfer/Any other way to ger +1 Speed on, Aggron outpaces 252Spe Base 70s. This means that you can outspeed Choice Scarf Metagross, which could've easily switched in on Aggron on any attack and Solidly countered otherwise. Then with Neutral Speed, The fastest thing you'll outpace is +1 Gyarados. Gyarados doesn't really matter anyway, considering that no matter how Bulky you make Gyarados, it will just plain die to Head Smash.

3. Rock Polish probably has the best chance of being the most viable of the sets because after the Speed boost, you're talking Bronzong, Hippowdon, and Skarmory as switch-in, then Metagross and Choice Scarfers as revenge killers in the current metagame. Aggron has so much potential, especially with the Rock Polish set. Head Smash may be the new Bullet Punch one day.

Then again, everyone might start using Vacuum Wave Infernapes, and ruin the fun.

I'd like to contribute a tiny bit to the Rock Polish set.
1. The set does not need 252 Speed, only 248, and will outspeed everything exactly the same. 4 Extra EVs for Special Defense.

2. I've just run it over a little bit, and from what I see, people are neglecting that after a Rock Polish, Aggron outspeeds everything without boosts up to Base 130 Speed. Then, with +Speed Choice Scarfer/Any other way to ger +1 Speed on, Aggron outpaces 252Spe Base 70s. This means that you can outspeed Choice Scarf Metagross, which would've been a solid counter otherwise. Then with Neutral Speed, The fastest thing you'll outpace is +1 Gyarados. Gyarados doesn't really matter anyway, considering that no matter how Bulky you make Gyarados, it will just plain die to Head Smash.

3. Rock Polish probably has the best chance of being the most viable of the sets because after the Speed boost, you're talking Bronzong Hippowdon, Skarmory, and Choice Scarfers as reliable counters in the current metagame. Aggron has so much potential, especially with the Rock Polish set. Head Smash may be the new Bullet Punch one day.

Then again, everyone might start using Vacuum Wave Infernapes, and ruin the fun.
Metagross is still a solid counter. Adamant LO Aggron can't OHKO with Earthquake.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Oh, I just forgot to list a Metagross, even though I know he countered him, my bad. DX

Edit: Oh, from what I recall, I remember running Calcs on the Standard Choice Scarf Gross and it wansn't a good counter becase of some reason or another, where the Bulkier Varients of Metagross worked better, maybe I was smoking something

Edit 2: I realized what I did when I ran those Calcs. Its just that CS Metagross doesn't like switching in on an attack too well, but makes a Solid Revenge Killer, edited the above post so its a wee bit more accurate >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)