The Everything NFL Thread - 2009

Thanks to Sims-Walker and Donald Driver combining for 7.5 points between the two of them, I now am 42 points down coming into Monday night. I still have Drew Brees, Marques Colston, and Tony Gonzalez left to play. Do I have a shot?
you have a shot but it's a longshot. Brees is probably going to have to either toss Colston 2 TDs or give another Week 1/2/6 performance.

i had both of those recievers as well. :( and Jonathon Stewart stole 2 TDs from DeAngelo's otherwise amazing performance. damn.

Fuck yeah Eagles!

Fuck yeah Panthers!

To all you guys who picked the Cards... suck it! This win may have turned the season around. Just maybe.

Still two games to be played against the Saints. That could either be a good thing or a very very bad thing.

Jake Delhomme still sucks though o: good thing the rest of the team doesn't
Are you a Panthers fan as well?

What did you think of Sherrod Martin? Why hasn't he had a chance all season? Charles Godfrey is absolutely the worst FS the Panthers have EVER had.

Are you a Panthers fan as well?

What did you think of Sherrod Martin? Why hasn't he had a chance all season? Charles Godfrey is absolutely the worst FS the Panthers have EVER had.
I have to say Sherrod Martin's performance was a bit surprising. I doubt Godfrey gets his job back. I have to agree, Godfrey is horrible. He can't cover for shit and I'm always seeing him get run over in unpleasant ways. The Defense has played well most of the year. They don't give up a lot of big plays, they can pressure the QB and now with our new DT additions, we can actually stop the run. Its been all the turnovers that have been killing them. And when Carolina doesn't turnover the ball... well, Sunday's game speaks for itself.

But please for the love of God Fox, keep Delhomme under 20 pass attempts for the rest of the season.

Well, even though they lost, I like what I saw from the Niners; even if Manning did pass for 300+ something yards, the defense hassled and frustrated him all day, thought it was funny how he threw no TD passes and they had to do 4 field goal kicks before the RB threw one in. Alas, if only the Niners offense was a bit more productive...Smith looked excellent in that last 2 min of the second quarter, leading a magnificent drive. Now, why couldn't he duplicate that over the next 2 quarters...

Overall, if they can get the offense a bit more fine-tuned (though the injuries to the offensive line haven't helped), they still stand a chance of capturing the NFC West. Cards are still only a game ahead (thank you Panthers out of all teams), and we have the what...1-7 Titans next week for a free win.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought I had it bad, another guy in my league has about an 80 point deficit to overcome with his remaining players being Roddy White, Michael Turner, and New Orleans Defense. Poor guy :(

I thought I had it bad, another guy in my league has about an 80 point deficit to overcome with his remaining players being Roddy White, Michael Turner, and New Orleans Defense. Poor guy :(
this is why you never play against your own defense

Hmm, interesting game so far. 21-28, Saints up. For some reason, Saints don't impress me. They have a flashy offense but never can defensively shut down a team. At least from the three games I've watched.

What a game.. The last 5 minutes was very entertaining. Wire did a great job. To bad Ryan couldn't handle the 11 second pressure and just threw it up way to high.

Next week has some big games! Dallas is going to have the face-off with Philly for first.

the funny thing is you didn't pull a MrE, because you came a full point away from winning, not a half point.

:)

matty ryan almost played bad enough for me to win.

gonna be watching the Dallas and Philly game at Buffalo Wild Wings after work :]

that game tonight was epic.. wish Ryan could have done a better job at the end. Taking the sack and throwing it short from the end zone were big mistakes. First time I get to watch the Saints and they are looking stellar. Just looked at their schedule, other than the Pats the next 4 games look easy. Wouldnt be surprised if they end up the last undefeated team.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only real success Ryan had was throwing to Gonzalez. Whyyyyyyyy couldn't he have thrown to him ONE MORE TIME!!!

Poor Packers!
I went to the game. It was a lot of fun in the second half.
6 sacks. that's 31 for the season and 3 away from all he had last year...not saying 34 is a low number or anything >.<

Brett Favre's steakhouse was swarmed with Vikings fans after the game.

Derek Anderson and the browns...omg...so awful hahaha. Him and Jamarcus Russel are just so bad!

Saints looking good.
for the other 7-0 team...not so much.

This week the Colts play Houston and it's the first game they've had against a team with a winning record. How does this team get such an easy schedule every year? >.<

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
This week the Colts play Houston and it's the first game they've had against a team with a winning record. How does this team get such an easy schedule every year? >.<
The same reason the Patriots always seem to have an easy schedule. Until recently, every other team in their division sucked, so by that virtue their schedule seems easier. Easiness of schedule is a matter of opinion though, since going by last year's records means shit, and saying it was easy after the fact is equally useless.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can only hope as a Ravens fan that we blow out all the teams left on our schedule or I am going to have a heart attack from all the close games.

Very refreshing to see the defense step up big. Hopefully they keep it up in a revenge match against Cincinnati next week. They will becoming off a bye, and then we face a bye rested Cleveland team at home on Monday night... and we all remember what happened to the Giants last year on Monday night. Ravens' schedule looks pretty brutal to me.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Meh, I don't see Baltimore's remaining schedule as THAT brutal. You have the Steelers twice, Cincy once, and the Clots. That's four of the remaining nine games that I would consider "tough". The rest of the Ravens' opponents are Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, Chicago, and Green Bay. Now, one could argue that the Packers and Bears are tough, but there is absolutely no reason the Ravens shouldn't win those games. And to even suggest they will have trouble against a "bye rested" Browns team is lol-worthy.

The Ravens will be fine, and likely will be contending for the division title by the end of the season.

Outside of that one big holding call, I really enjoyed the Saints v Falcons game. Somewhat evenly matched imo... somebody had to win I guess.

So in an Important NFC South Matchup, The QB who leads the league in turnovers faces a defense that leads the leagues in takeaways...

This could get ugly :\

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Meh, I don't see Baltimore's remaining schedule as THAT brutal. You have the Steelers twice, Cincy once, and the Clots. That's four of the remaining nine games that I would consider "tough". The rest of the Ravens' opponents are Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, Chicago, and Green Bay. Now, one could argue that the Packers and Bears are tough, but there is absolutely no reason the Ravens shouldn't win those games. And to even suggest they will have trouble against a "bye rested" Browns team is lol-worthy.

The Ravens will be fine, and likely will be contending for the division title by the end of the season.
Maybe... but still, we play Green Bay on the road and you never want to go on the road to play a team coming off a bye, especially a division foe. And I already mentioned the fact they destroyed a very good Giants team last year in the same situation. Aside from San Diego, who did not throw on 4th down, we have not beaten an elite quarterback, so Jay Cutler could potentially destroy our terrible secondary. Detroit we should kill at home. We by all means should destroy Oakland as well, but Philly lost in Oakland so I just don't know.

Seeing how Houston's schedule from here on out is insanely easy, I see them getting in the playoffs, which means the Ravens will have to beat either the Bengals or the Steelers. If the Ravens lose to the Bengals again I think we are done unless we sweep the Steelers, which is highly, highly unlikely. 11-5, which is a stretch for the Ravens right now, might not get us in.

And again, we still haven't proven we can win a close game. Until we do, we will not be making the playoffs.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I don't think the Texans are ready for the playoffs. I think they are very explosive, but they are just not used to the success. I predict them to slip up a few times by season's end and finish 10-6, giving the Ravens a better shot at that 6th seed. I do understand your concern with the Bungles and Steelers, as you're damned unlikely to sweep all 3 of those games. The most likely scenario will be that one of those two win the division (I predict Pittsburgh) and the other will take a wild card spot. But you never know, the Bengals could also very easily slip up and give up their second place spot to the Ravens. We also can't count the Jets and Chargers out yet. We'll have a more clear playoff picture in a few more weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)