Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that Competitive Games has merged back into Internet Renaissance, and launch hype is over, please keep all conversation in this thread.

Also as a reminder, keep in mind that you are on Smogon, not SmashBoards. Spam, fads that are too bad even for Firebot, flaming, and general stupidity will not be tolerated.

Alright... Do any of you have any particular animosity toward a particular character? (In English, is there a character that you hate?)
For me, it's Sonic.
Anyone else's thoughts?

I hate Wolf with all my being. Maybe Kirby simply has a bad matchup against him (I have no idea what the various character matchups are), but I always have the hardest time against Wolf...

I hate Wolf with all my being. Maybe Kirby simply has a bad matchup against him (I have no idea what the various character matchups are), but I always have the hardest time against Wolf...
I am thinking that Fox/Falco are trouble too?
I never played as Kirby unless needed be so I can't offer advice...

Pikachu is horrible. It has probably the most annoying moveset in the game; down smash, disjointed forward smash, thunder jolt, thunder, quick attack, and its throws which chain into each other.
Then there's its side taunt which makes you want to blow your brains out...

It has probably the most annoying moveset in the game; down smash, disjointed forward smash, thunder jolt, thunder, quick attack, and its throws which chain into each other.
Then there's its side taunt which makes you want to blow your brains out...
I absolutely love annoying the fuck out of people with Pikachu. However, Meta Knight has a MUCH more annoying moveset that Pika - Whorenado, side tilt, U-air juggling - cheapest bastard you will ever fight.

I also hate Wario. Why? Because he's fat. Nuff said.

I absolutely enjoy WiFi if I'm Pika or Metaknight.
People SWEAR that pikachu is the (expletive) most (expletive) bastard in all of SSBB.
Melee's version is even worse.
By the way, what characters do you main?
I use MetaKnight or Lucario (Who still can't replace mewtwo.)

You said it, sixonesix, that's exactly why I main Pikachu. And I use the very annoying Meta Knight too, largely because his tornado is the best move in the game, period.

Pika
Fox
Kirby
C.Falcon

I forgot the rest.

IMHO, though, C.Falcon is probably the second easiest character to use aside from Kirby. whatever into uair chain into up b is just so easy.

Pika
Fox
Kirby
C.Falcon

I forgot the rest.

IMHO, though, C.Falcon is probably the second easiest character to use aside from Kirby. whatever into uair chain into up b is just so easy.
You can also chain side-B into up-B.
Works almost the same as uair into up-B, but since Capt. Falcon's reach is terrible, it works better.

I main GaW, and D3. My third is MK. So I like good aerials, great recovery, good smashes, and good grabs. Haha, I think the only other character that qualifies is Wario.

I really don't think MKs tornado is the best move in the game. It's great, but not the best.

The best special move in my opinion is Diddy's nanas. Without them, he'd be pretty bad, with them, he's A or S tier. Next would be Snake's grenades. What do you thinks the best?

Falcon was a beast in SSB original. I never knew much competitive Melee so I don't have enough experience with him there to comment. (or competitive SSB actually, but I'm under the impression Falcon was good)

In SSBB he sucks.

Which is a real shame, everyone loves him so much. I've got lots of my friends into the game, but 2 or 3 of them all want to (and do) use Captain Falcon simply because of his background.

So not only do they have a crap character, they down their game by trying to get Falcon Punches just because its Falcon Punch. Why did Sakurai make the Captain (and his signature attack) terrible -_-

It probably doesn't help that I use Lolimar, G&W, ROB and DDD. I've been trying to lower my game by playing PT, ZSS...

Falcon was a beast in SSB original. I never knew much competitive Melee so I don't have enough experience with him there to comment. (or competitive SSB actually, but I'm under the impression Falcon was good)

In SSBB he sucks.
Falcon was high tier, which is pretty good I guess. He combos very easily, but also is easily comboed and edgeguarded. And his set-ups aren't that numerous.

Either way, his brawl form is so degenerated, its sad. Gone are the days where you can combo into falcon punch. Now we're stuck with a traditionally combo-based character in a game with no combos.

Now if you guys don't mind on me going on a tangent from our Falcon discussion, what are some good Diddy players not named NinjaLink, ADHD, or Paolo? I'm kind of getting back into brawl since our school has brawl tournaments (and not SF D: ), and I just kinda wanted to look cool while playing the game. If you've got any pointers, I'd also be happy to listen!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
AlphaZealot, perhaps, although I don't really think he's that good anyway. :P Then again, I don't know who Paolo is either.

At a tournament I was in last night, there were an unusually large amount of Wolf players. I honestly didn't know Wolf was that popular. They were all really annoying to fight, though, because they were all SPAMMIN THEIR LAZAR.

A friend of mine got first place with Yoshi. I swear he plays one of the best Yoshis in the world. I can't really be sure, but he is absolutely ridiculous with Yoshi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)