Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

My most memorable ones happen to be the most frustrating.

I remember getting past Whitney and making my way to Ekruteak City and not knowing what to do with the Sudowoodo. I thought some in game move would work like cut and let me just go on my way. Maybe Water gun would do it or perhaps flamethrower...I ran all over the game trying to figure it out to no avail. I asked a few friends and one of them told that this woman in Golden Rod offered a solution. Out of complete desperation, I went and tried it. To my surprise, he was right....and I was certain I had checked every house in every game. Now I make sure to talk to every NPC.

I also remember not being able to get past Ice Path for at least a year. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it. Eventually some kid at this hair salon was able to get me through it with relative ease....

Oh and Ampharos mating with Lickitung....Nuff said.

Having the good old Fire Blast/Dynamic Punch/Thunder Punch/Earthquake Typhloshion. It was my favorite starter back then and had ran through the whole game for me and singlehandedly finished off both the Elite Fours and Red's.

My most memorable moment was when me and my friend joe were on our way to my grandparents house downstate and we traded our kadabras to get alakazams. i was so happy(cuz i was never able to get alakazam b/c having 2 gameboys to trade with was soo impossible back then).first ever alakazam!!!!(in my head i was like "man i liked kadabra better tho...") lol

The fact that in every Pokemon game, there is always a fisherman named Andrew who carries 6 Magicarps. Always named Andrew.

My real life name is Andrew. Do you know how much I've been teased by my friends for being named Andrew? My friends always say: "Hey Andrew, where's your team of Magicarps? HAHAHA."

Damn you Gamefreak! :pirate:

My most memorable moment was trading me level 54 Seadra to my other Gold cartridge and being shocked when it evolved into Kingdra. After I realized what a beast Kingdra was, it then became my favorite pokemon.

Edit: It was one of the Horsea that luckily had a Dragon Scale attached that I never removed, so you can imagine my surprise.

A lot of memories for me; I suppose from the actual games the moment that always stood out for me the most is my first level one hundred: A starting Feraligatr. I got a lot more Pokemon up to max level since then, but that stays with me to this day.

my most memorable moment...
probably fishing a shiny krabby in olivine city when i didnt know shinys existed

i also found a shiny graveler in silver cave but i had no poke balls =(

For me, the most memorable thing happened in Crystal,

Whenever I think of the game it always comes back to this:

findign Lapras a the bottom of union cave and catching him. I was young and was like "holy Crap look at that, its just like in the middle of the lake" and I caught that lapras and trained it.

Another memorable moment was when I caugt a shiny geodude in Silver, I was so pround, I actually used that one lone pokemon the tank through the game (untill the very end).

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
The most memorable thing would easily have to be one of my battles with red

It involved my level 19 steelix going up against his level 81 pikachu. And winning. He sent it out first, and i sent out steelix first, just so you know, he (i think it was he, no wait is was she) got no outside help.

When my silver version got fucked up because my sister spilled pepsi on it

I had a level 100 blissey, scizor, and lugia too :( I think I cried

second memory was going on a road trip with my family to all these famous and cool places in california but not paying attention to any of it because I was too busy playing pokemon silver the entire time even though my dad told me to quit playing

In Gold, when I was like 10 or something, I remember accidently finding Ho-oh in the Tin Tower. I always thought that Ho-oh was in the Burn Tower so I first thought that it was Lugia that was on the top of the tower. But when I fought it, it turned out to be Ho-oh. I caught it and was happy for like a whole week or something

In Crystal, I swept the ENTIRE Elite Four and Champion with just my Typhlosion.

I think in Silver, I caught a shiny Rattata at random.

i remembered i used to cry with frustration over the puzzle in the goldenrod underground during the radio tower takeover. the switches and all were really annoying.

I also remember the joy of just taking the cartridge out of the box and reading the square-shaped manual. Gold looks a lot cooler back then than he does now. They ruined his eyes, same goes for red. two badass trainers have lost their touch through the years.

i remembered i used to cry with frustration over the puzzle in the goldenrod underground during the radio tower takeover. the switches and all were really annoying.
You are absolutely right. That puzzle was too hard for 8 year-olds:P It took me like an hour to figure it out, every bloody time

In Gold, i found a shiny Tentacruel and i caught him with a Master Ball xD

Of course i had a lot of Master Balls with the clone bug

My most memorable moment from G/S was in early 2000 a friend of mine at school had gotten his hands on an imported version of Silver and let me borrow it for a week. Man, I was the COOLEST kid in my 6th grade circle of friends for that week; especially since he didn't let anyone else borrow the game.

Most memorable moment was Whitney and that FUCKING MILTANK!

I got owned by Rollout so many times before I actually beat that bitch such a fucking pain in the ass.

After that it would probably be when my Feraligatr reached level 100 after soloing the e4 for the 1000000th time.

Either wrecking the Elite Four with just Typlosion, Ursaring and Ampharos, my three favorite pokemon at the time, completely wreck both the Elite Four and Red, or realizing that I got to have rematches with all of the original Gym Leaders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)