Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

in rng manipulation of wild pokemon in emerald should the nature of the spread that i want to hit match the synchronizers nature? thanks.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
in rng manipulation of wild pokemon in emerald should the nature of the spread that i want to hit match the synchronizers nature? thanks.
well then there'd be no point to using a synchronizer if its not gonna match the nature of the spread you want since its assumed you want to land on that spread

Ok I messed up somewhere. I'm on Route 226 trying to abuse Horsea. I have a frame of 222 and I'm using the good rod. I do 222 - 4 monster frame / 2 = 109 journal flips. Then I use the good rod. Something went wrong as I did not get my spread. There's no NPC around. Infact, I'm on the island with the house in the middle of 226.

Ok I messed up somewhere. I'm on Route 226 trying to abuse Horsea. I have a frame of 222 and I'm using the good rod. I do 222 - 4 monster frame / 2 = 109 journal flips. Then I use the good rod. Something went wrong as I did not get my spread. There's no NPC around. Infact, I'm on the island with the house in the middle of 226.

Did you battle all the NPC's? And when you were slecting a Frame that matched Horsea's Encoutner Slot did it say "Landed a Pokemon"? because if it didnt then you wont encoutner a Pokemon...
If not then you just messed up Journal Flips, unless you have a Roamer....
And yes your Calculation is right
222-4/2 = 109 Flips

Well there is an NPC on Route 226, but not only does she not move, I don't even see her when I'm the island inbetween the route. The NPC is on the left of the route and isn't even on the screen with me. Does that not matter though?

Well there is an NPC on Route 226, but not only does she not move, I don't even see her when I'm the island inbetween the route. The NPC is on the left of the route and isn't even on the screen with me. Does that not matter though?
Even if the moving NPC is off your Screen but on the same Route they will advance the Frame...
EDIT: Well if you battled all the NPC's in that area (3 That Move) Then you probably just messed up Journal Flips...

Ok so there's the NPC on the mountain (before you swim) and some more I think to the right of the water on 226. I have to deal with all of them. Just whoever moves on that route?

Ok so there's the NPC on the mountain (before you swim) and some more I think to the right of the water on 226. I have to deal with all of them. Just whoever moves on that route?
Any NPC that doesnt move in a consistant pattern advances the frame

And yes there are 3 on the Mountain, 1 Moves in a Consistant Pattern and the other 2 Move Randomly so battle them, and then in the Water to the Right there are two, the Girl doesnt move but all the way to the Right there will be a male swimmer and he does so battle him too :)

Do inserted GBA games affect your delay?Without leafgreen i can hit my delay(602),constantly,but with leafgreen inserted i try like 20 times without success.

Also,is slot 0 for Platinum's Trophy Garden Pichu?
I got staravia,3 consecutive times.

Do inserted GBA games affect your delay?Without leafgreen i can hit my delay(602),constantly,but with leafgreen inserted i try like 20 times without success.

Also,is slot 0 for Platinum's Trophy Garden Pichu?
I got staravia,3 consecutive times.
If you insert a GBA Game in the GBA Slot it makes your Delay Uneven or Vice Versa, so if your Even and you put in a GBA Game you will only be able to hit Uneven Delays
EDIT: Yes Pichu is Slot 0, I would use a Different Slot if you did it three times and didnt get Pichu, so try 7,9, or 11

If you insert a GBA Game in the GBA Slot it makes your Delay Uneven or Vice Versa, so if your Even and you put in a GBA Game you will only be able to hit Uneven Delays
EDIT: Yes Pichu is Slot 0, I would use a Different Slot if you did it three times and didnt get Pichu, so try 7,9, or 11
So i should try either 601 or 603,right?

RNG Help in HGSS

There isn't exactly a "guide" yet. But this is the HG/SS "research" thread. You can get a lot of useful info from there, but pretty much you're on your own, other than asking specific questions here.

From my experience RNGing in HG/SS (Raikou/Entei/Dratini/Ho-oh/Latias/Mew so far)...
1) Download the newest version of the Reporter if you haven't because it has the new HG/SS "Method K" frames.
2) It's mostly about figuring out what works for your specific seed, because a lot of "consistent" methods of advancing the frames in DPPt aren't "consistent" outside of individual seeds anymore.
3) The Radio is a lifesaver. It is "d e c e n t l y" ... >.> ... consistent for advancing your frames.
4) Since there's no coinflip app to check your seed, you usually need to plan out a place to Sweet Scent to check your seed.
Hi!

Would it be possible to RNG a shiny starter from Elm in Soul Silver? I'm new to RNG so excuse me if I make any wrong assumptions! :P

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi!

Would it be possible to RNG a shiny starter from Elm in Soul Silver? I'm new to RNG so excuse me if I make any wrong assumptions! :P
You would need to use Pandora's Box to figure out your SID from your ID. Basically enter the month\day\year\time your ID was generated and it can figure out the matching SID. Furthermore, the process of RNGing a particular ID\SID for HGSS has NOT been documented (i.e. there are no guides to it, not something I recommend if you're new to RNGing stuff)

Then you would have to use RNG Reporter to search for shiny spreads that land on frame 1, since you don't have a consistent way to advance the RNG at that point.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You would need to use Pandora's Box to figure out your SID from your ID. Basically enter the month\day\year\time your ID was generated and it can figure out the matching SID. Furthermore, the process of RNGing a particular ID\SID for HGSS has NOT been documented (i.e. there are no guides to it, not something I recommend if you're new to RNGing stuff)

Then you would have to use RNG Reporter to search for shiny spreads that land on frame 1, since you don't have a consistent way to advance the RNG at that point.
Just throwing it out there...

Does changing from day to night and whatnot still advance the frame by 1? If so, you could just leave your DS on for a while I guess to hit frame 2 or 3 or even 4 I guess...

Hello

I have a question, I am going for Jolly 31/31/31/1/31/31 Ho-Oh, and I would like to know if there are any wild pokemon where Ho-Oh is because otherwise I may end up having to advance the frame on the lower level and then travelling to Ho-Oh's floor.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hello

I have a question, I am going for Jolly 31/31/31/1/31/31 Ho-Oh, and I would like to know if there are any wild pokemon where Ho-Oh is because otherwise I may end up having to advance the frame on the lower level and then travelling to Ho-Oh's floor.
There are wild pokes on the floor JUST BELOW Ho-oh. There are NOT any wild pokes on the veeeeery top floor where Ho-oh is. My first time around I sweet scented 1 step off the ladder on the floor below him to find my seed before wasting the time advancing my frame. This time however (I'm saved in front of him again on my second runthrough now) I'm just saved right in front of him cuz I've got a "flawless" adamant spread on frame 2. :P

Thanks! I have another question . . .is it guaranteed that when I reset the game, the frame I land on will be 1? I have been trying to RNG with no luck because I can't find my delay and the frames seem to jump to a different place every time I restart. Once again, sorry for the nooby questions.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Thanks! I have another question . . .is it guaranteed that when I reset the game, the frame I land on will be 1? I have been trying to RNG with no luck because I can't find my delay and the frames seem to jump to a different place every time I restart. Once again, sorry for the nooby questions.
Well, if you start your game, then walk outside and talk to Elm, you'll probably end up on some other frame because if memory serves me correctly, I believe there is at least 1 NPC in New Bark Town (could be wrong about that). If you start your game, then save in his house/lab I don't think there are any NPCs there though (should double check that yourself though...)

I have a quick question about the DDPt Seed Finder/Generator. At the bottom, there are three boxes. Next to one of them are the words "HG/SS Delay". I'd like to know what that means/does in case I need to do anything special when I'm RNGing on my Heart Gold cartridge.

Well, if you start your game, then walk outside and talk to Elm, you'll probably end up on some other frame because if memory serves me correctly, I believe there is at least 1 NPC in New Bark Town (could be wrong about that). If you start your game, then save in his house/lab I don't think there are any NPCs there though (should double check that yourself though...)
Nope . .I know for a fact that there aren't any moving NPCs in Elms lab that would advance the frame, so if I save there and restart again, I should be on frame one right?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Nope . .I know for a fact that there aren't any moving NPCs in Elms lab that would advance the frame, so if I save there and restart again, I should be on frame one right?
Yup, unless the clock moves forward and day changes to night/night tomorning/etc...

I have a quick question about the DDPt Seed Finder/Generator. At the bottom, there are three boxes. Next to one of them are the words "HG/SS Delay". I'd like to know what that means/does in case I need to do anything special when I'm RNGing on my Heart Gold cartridge.
I'm not 100% sure, but I heard that the typical delay in HGSS is different than on DPPt (somewhere in the 400's if I remember correctly). So that just tells RNG reporter to look at a different range of possible spreads when searching for the seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)