The Worst Thing That Has Ever Happened To You

1. Well... I havnt posted in a while and I had a bad day so I thought I would log onto Smogon to cheer myself up. Let's see... I've been through some shitty times... but currently... I failed three classes, broke up with my gf, and just today totaled my car. It sucks a lot. Don't quite know how to deal with it yet, but I'll get through it day by day.

2. I usually deal with shitty periods by listening to depressing music. I dont know why, but it actually makes me feel better.

EDIT: Akuchi, thats terrible. I'm sorry to hear about such a horrifying experience you had to go through... but I'm at least glad you got to confront the motherfucker who would do such a thing to you.

going to a new elementary school years ago, i was always sick and i didnt know why, people thought i was allergic to the stuff in the new school, but i dunno...

also my parents broke up when i was like 5... kinda sucked, i didnt know what was going on until i rarely saw my dad, like once every few years, now i see him mabey once every couple months.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Hmmmm. I've had a lot of shit in my life, most of it brought upon myself by myself, but I think the actual "worst" thing that I've experienced was having an abusive babysitter when I was little.

It felt like some sort of boot camp every day, my sister and I went there from the ages of like... I don't know... 5-8 or something? That may be totally off, I don't really remember. Anyway, the woman, Cindi, was just basically abusive in many ways. Each morning we would have to sit in the living room and play with toys, if we even GLANCED at the television and she caught us, she'd scream at us or send us to "take a nap" which was just punishment, and we'd have to skip lunch. Whenever it was TV time in the living room, we'd have to sit very still and watch TV, without looking away from it or falling asleep. Nap time was probably the most nerve-wracking for me, ever since I had selected the wrong bed to sleep in, and so Cindi came over, picked me up, and chucked me across the room so that I landed in the CORRECT bed.

What probably irked me the most was that Cindi was like, adamant that all kids had to play with one another. My sister and I were very close, and still are, and so we would always like, bring games for ourselves and play with ourselves, but there was this little bitch Meagan who would sit there and pout, and wait for Cindi to walk past to complain, and then we'd be forced to play with her. I think the worst thing I saw while I was there was this little boy, he was maybe 5 or so, sitting by the screen door in the living room that led to the backyard, and he was saying that it wasn't raining outside, although it was, and he and Cindi kept going back and forth about it until she finally opened the door, grabbed him like a sack of potatos, and threw him outside. "THERE, IT'S RAINING." He cried, etc, and I felt so terrible, I felt like I couldn't tell anyone how horrible she was because no one would believe me. Oh, and if it was hot outside she would make you play outside, and you couldn't come in to drink water or anything although we'd be out there for hours at a time. I don't miss that at allll.

Fishy that sucks was she some old babysitter? Some of those older nannies can be really controling for some reason.

Akuchi I can relate but I never had the fortune to confront the guy. I'm not all traumatized from at....at least I dont think I am since it happened when I was young and I just forget about it most of the time. Props to you for your courage.

Even though I don't remember it, I'm going to have to say the time I nearly died when I was just a year or so old.

I obviously don't know the exact details, but from what I've heard from my parents telling the story to other people, one day I just started throwing up a lot, more than a typical baby does after being fed, and they decided to take me to the doctor. The usual doctor, who was my doctor from birth until I moved out of state a year ago, wasn't there, so this other guy saw me. He said that I was just "acting up" and "trying to get attention", and to just basically ignore it. My parents knew that it wasn't normal, so they took me to the hospital, but they wouldn't admit me without consent from the doctor. So they took me back to the doctor, same guy comes to check up on me, and he starts to say the same shit to my parents again. Apparently, at that point I threw up in the office, and when the doctor saw the color of my puke, or something like that, he freaked out and immediately told my parents to take me to the emergency room. So I was admitted, and it turned out to be some kind of blockage in my intestinal track, I can't any more specific than that. My parents were told that if they had waited even just 5 minutes longer, I could have died.

As for something I remember, it would probably have to be the time my first girlfriend broke up with me. I don't feel like going into too much detail, but we went out for three years, and I was deeply in love with her, and I thought she loved me too, but apparently I was quite mistaken.

Meh I don't post in this forum much, but here:

The worst thing that has ever happened to me was the divorce of my parents, and then 10 years later the divorce of my dad/stepmom.

My parents divorced when I was 4 or 5 (I'm 17 now).. I barely remember it but apparently I took it pretty hard. I lied and told my dad that my new stepdad was abusing me etc, when he's actually pretty nice (and is still my stepdad). What bugs me is I still don't know why my parents broke up. They've never told me and I'm too afraid to ask. :/ It could be my dad's alcoholism, the fact that he didn't take care of me much, or it could be my mom cheating, or something else. The only thing I know about it is my dad was teh one who got kicked out.

Both of my parents were involved in new, long lasting relationships soon after. I visited my dad every other weekend. My new stepmom was nice, we got along, she treated me fairly despite having her own kids, and everything was good. I noticed she started to drink a little more after a few years but it didn't seem very serious. I also noticed that my dad and stepmom seemed to get annoyed at each other more often, and other small things like that. This is all what I noticed from every other weekend, so there was probably a lot going on in between but I guess I kind of just ignored it. Then I got a call from my dad telling me that they'd broken up.

I was completely devasted by this, and I was about 15 when it happened. I was pretty close with my stepmom's family, so I immediately called my cousin, who was one of my best friends. My stepmom answered and started bitching to me about all the shit my dad had done, like, an hour long rant. How he apparently had planned it (not true). At this point I had no idea who to trust. I didn't hear from my dad or stepmom or have any desire to talk to them for a while, then I went to visit my dad again. He was fighting for ownership of the house and possessions and all that shit. I got to his house and there was like, nothing there. All his stuff was gone, his tv, furniture, random things like silverware, etc. Even his dog was gone. Turns out my stepmom was stealing it.

After about 6 months they got back together. It was awkward and there was some tension but it seemed to be working out. I loved that I could visit my cousin's and stepsister and her kids again, everything seemed like it was ok again.

Then I get another call. My dad told me they broke up again. My stepmom cheated on him (with his best friend and work partner nonetheless) and he was crushed. I'd never seen him so upset before and I felt so bad for him. I don't know how anyone could do something like that to someone. :/

They broke up again and my dad moved closer to his family, farther from me.
This all happened in about a year. It was extrememly stressful for me, because I was basically being cut off from half of my friends and the people I care about. My ex-stepmom had the nerve to friend request me on facebook. I still see my dad about once a month, and he's finally started dating again. Unfortunately he's dating a woman who isn't in the best of health, she's always in the hospital and has lots of conditions and things. I can't see this ending very well. :/

I haven't seen my cousin or anyone from that part of the family in over 3 years. It sucks how everything was fine and then it all just turned around.

Anyway. Props to anyone who actually read this huge rant? XD
Good luck to anyone who is currently going through the worst thing that has ever happened to them.

I'm not sure what the worst event was in my life so let us settle for the most humiliating. Back in 2007 I had just moved back to America and was living with my grandmother in Tennessee. This is when I got my first tick while walking my dog. I saw it when I got into bed , I sleep in the nude mind. I looked down and saw it on my stomach, thinking it was a scab I scratched it off. The next morning I saw it again. Somewhere very very tender. Have any of you at age 16 sat bear ass naked on you're grandmothers kitchen counter while you're mother tugs on you're penis with a pair of tweezers? Let me tell you the pain was nothing in comparison to the indignity. To make matters worse I have a scar.

pokemon.. it ruined my life. I spent every single quarter i ever had on the TCG. I'm seriously addicted. Me and my ex all we did was spend money on fucking cards! I spent over 900$!! Once I donated blood for some extra cash and I ended up spending it on a salamence Lvl EX. I need help.. please help me. i'm sick.. SICK... SIIIICKKK

joking XD

My grandpa dieing two years ago and my baby cousin dieing a year ago in a car crash which left her twin sister with minor injuries and her brother with his right arm broken and left leg broken.

both happened in the holiday(The eid if you know about muslim culture)

Last year, I got fined for taking one of those plastic orange road-cones from the side of the road. I mean, I didn't think it was a big deal since they have a ton of them.... But at least I got to keep it. After being fined £125.

Another one would be when I attempted to jump off my roof into my pool and ended up breaking both my arms.

I broke the heart of the only i girl i honestly loved and its been haunting me since year 10 and i'm currently about to start year 12. Well it starts at year 10 assembly and she went up and sung Ain't No Mountain high enough. It was a little crush then. I sorta don't remember the other details but i ended up joining choir to be around her.(I Can't Sing At ALL!) Oh and did I mention she "forced" me to go into a play and sing.(I was a backup vocalist thank god) Well i had problems with my mother driving me home, she took notice and offered me a ride every day. Well i obviously said yes, and met her mother(I can't understand a word she says) Some of my mates took notice and made fun of me for being so silly, and at the time they got me jealous, they were trying to flirt with her. I also asked if she wants to do something for my birthday. She agreed and i called off my massive laser tag with the boys. Sadly she couldn't come that day, so i sat there all alone(i felt stupid and blamed her).

Later that year i took lifegaurd training I had alot of time on my board to think about how silly i am. After I came back from a Surf Lifesavers camp (note this was close to the end of the year) I confronted her and told her how i felt. At first she looked at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said that she don't want to date anyone. So near the end of year 10, i get into this mode that i have to remove my feelings for her. So I controlled myself and talked to her as minimal as possible. she noticed and confronted me during choir, i remember the last thing i said in year 10 was "I'm eating..." and i crammed my ham sandwich in my mouth. Her sister(year 12) confronted me and asked why i'm doing this and i told her because of my birthday but honestly by then i don't know why i did it. Year 11 goes by slowly . I was being haunted by what i did even when all she did was be nice to me. Oh Btw i didn't join choir in year 11...its gay. :P

Well there was a special class(whatever you wanna call it ...extra class something like that) to talk to us about forgiveness, saying sorry, and lonliness etc etc. They made the entire yr 11 sit down close there eyes. They told us to imagine a person sitting all alone, and you approach him and you become best friends. Then there comes a time when your best friend helps you in a time of need. Then your friend announces that he is moving, how would you spend your last moments. The girl i love came to me in a time of need, me not talking to her for a long time feels like she moved away. I remember in that class the ones that opened up were being made fun of. I remember one guy standing up and announcing that he is sorry for bullying another. He cried. Another one stood up and she said that she was sorry for being mean.(I don't know the exact details but they both started crying and hugging) It took all my courage to stand up and to approach her and tell her i'm sorry i was being a mute.

She cried and not trying to sound all manly but i sucked it in :P I remember that after that class i was playing on the piano and guitar, she approached my gave me a hug and started playing with me on the piano. Drops of Jupiter :P Great song. The class was about 1 1/2 months ago and i'm currently starting yr 12 next friday. I don't feel fully satisfied with my apology. I'm still being haunted by nightmares, and when i'm by myself i can't stop thinking about her. Its really annoying. Oh btw those mates that flirted with her were dicks so i got better friends now, they (Yr 10 friends) just live to party and drink and they had no sense of understanding. Just writing this makes me feel bad.

PS I'm not emo :P

I don't really understand; you said you fancied her, she said she wasn't interested, the normal thing to do is to reduce contact to prevent your feelings being a problem and giving them the chance to fade. I don't get why you feel bad about this.

Of course, now she's in Year 12, she might be more interested in dating, so you could always ask her again and if she says no, you know how to behave this time so as not to upset her (or yourself).

There was once a piece of cake that looked absolutely fantastic. Down to the letter presentation. It's description was a raspberry layered buttermilk cake with a sugar cinnamon crisp. It even smelled wonderful. I purchased this apparent work of art. Come time to bite into it though, it was abominable. Crunchy all the way through and unbelievably sour. All the fancy adjectives I can come up with would never be able to describe my dissatisfaction.

To hate your father ... but that has not paid me. It happened in my life, so my father, in this world, hate the scary Keshimashou is not bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)