Favorite Beer

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Corona, Labatt, Molson, Rickard's White are the ones I drink the most of. Though most beer tastes about the same for me, I don't understand how anyone can willingly drink Lakeport.

London Pride is first choice, but only a select number of pubs round here serve this delectible beverage on tap, so I often find myself drinking bloody bitter. For a lager, probably Kronenberg or Heineken depending on the cash situation.

I personally think most beers don't taste very good, especially Heineken. If i had to pick, I would choose Dos Equis or Miller High Life

Dogfish is amazing <3 along with any honey beers. When it comes to canned though, I'm a budlight kind of guy.

Unlike a lot of other people, I actually prefer the taste of beer to that of hard liquor, including mixed drinks. If I can taste the alcohol at all, I just immediately feel sick to my stomach. Plus, since hard alcohol is so easy to consume, I never know when it's time to stop until I'm at the toilet or I've blacked out :(

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
^ Agree with everything you said. Beer is so much better since you can gauge your intake a lot easier than hard liquor. This is especially important if, like myself, you are a lightweight. The fact that it tastes so much better is a plus as well.

Little Creature's Ale is excellent, but I doubt you can get it outside of Australia.

nothing withing with a freezing cold glass of fosters ^_~
AHAHAHAHAHAHA so it's true, English really do drink that piss we export..

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I cant stand liquor. It is always either way too strong flavoured, or it is mixed with way too much sugar.

I really started to like beer when I was trying to find colas that actually had a full flavour, as opposed to a lot of sweetness but not enough taste to fill your mouth. As far as I can tell good cola tends to get rid of the bitterness which was what appealed to me about coke. So I just started drinking Lager instead.

It's just when you are tired and want to relax with a beverage, it's that sensation of filling your mouth with bitterness to kinda cleanse it of the sweat and the tiredness. Combined with the natural alcoholic effects is what I really like about beer.

I had an Erdinger today, which was really nice. It's amazing how it basically had no hop flavour at all but still was very much a beer. I'd actually strongly recommend it for the people posting about how much they dont like beer, cause it is very smooth and drinkable and hasnt got the extremly bitter hop flavour.

Have a nice day.

First, a question:

Why did you wait until you were 21 to drink? :p

Anyway.
My favorite beer is called Arrogant Bastard. Probably one of the stronger tasting beers I've ever had, along with the other beers of the Stone brewery.
I went on a tour of the brewery and thay said they sell the beer in like 32 or something states.

Like a few of the posters I think beer is nasty and is definitely an aquired taste. Now liquor on the other hand... Caribbean rum any day of the week and I'm a happy camper.
I'm a big fan of Bacardi White Rum, although Bundaburg dark rum is quite nice too.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I had an Erdinger today, which was really nice. It's amazing how it basically had no hop flavour at all but still was very much a beer. I'd actually strongly recommend it for the people posting about how much they dont like beer, cause it is very smooth and drinkable and hasnt got the extremly bitter hop flavour.
I'll have to try that, sounds like "the beer for me".

My favorite beer is called Arrogant Bastard. Probably one of the stronger tasting beers I've ever had, along with the other beers of the Stone brewery.
I went on a tour of the brewery and thay said they sell the beer in like 32 or something states.
A local bar here is currently having a theme week for american beer, there's like over 100 beers of at least 15 microbreweries (Lost Abbey, Three Floyds, Hoppin' Frog, Dogfish Head etc.). I'm sure all these breweries are pretty awesome, but I was really disappointed when I heard that Stone brewery wasn't one of them. I would love to try Arrogant Bastard or the Ruination IPA, and I would even pay the 15-20 euro, what I think is too much for most beers, for it.

In general, American strong ales, IPAs, Imperial stouts, Barley wines and Belgian ales (especially trappist) are awesome. For lighter stuff, German wheat beer (Hefeweizen) and British ales (yeah, London Pride is great) work pretty well. If I would, for some reason, like to have a basic lager, Heineken would be the first choice.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Dogfish Head has an EXCELLENT IPA that I would recommend you drinking. Definitely take advantage of that while you can.

Last time I went to a bar I had a cream stout that was pretty good. I forget the name of the brewery, but it was a good first beer of the night.

A local bar here is currently having a theme week for american beer, there's like over 100 beers of at least 15 microbreweries (Lost Abbey, Three Floyds, Hoppin' Frog, Dogfish Head etc.). I'm sure all these breweries are pretty awesome, but I was really disappointed when I heard that Stone brewery wasn't one of them. I would love to try Arrogant Bastard or the Ruination IPA, and I would even pay the 15-20 euro, what I think is too much for most beers, for it.

In general, American strong ales, IPAs, Imperial stouts, Barley wines and Belgian ales (especially trappist) are awesome. For lighter stuff, German wheat beer (Hefeweizen) and British ales (yeah, London Pride is great) work pretty well. If I would, for some reason, like to have a basic lager, Heineken would be the first choice.
Oh damn that sucks man, no Stone :(
I don't think any beer is worth that many euros though, maybe I'm cheap hehe
But if you have the chance to pay that much and ou're willing then do it. I've always found that Stone beer has a distinctive taste to many other beers I've tasted. That's pretty good since I don't have the most sensitive taste buds out there xD
For another good american beer try some from the Rogue brewery, I love the hazelnut brown nectar one.

^^ I have tried every Rogue beer available here and they've all been excellent. I think Dead Guy Ale was the best, too bad it's now unavailable here. I also haven't had the chance to try the one you mentioned. It kinda sucks for someone like me to live in a country with no real beer culture, mostly they just import pale lagers and the shittier British and Czech stuff. Fortunately there are some exceptions, like the bar in which there is the american theme week now. I think they import the beer for events like this themselves.

Dogfish Head has an EXCELLENT IPA that I would recommend you drinking. Definitely take advantage of that while you can.
Dogfish Head seems to have a few IPAs, and in this local bar of mine they have the 90 Minute one, which is actually a double IPA I think, so you probably meant something else. According to Ratebeer, the 90 Minute IPA is a top class beer too, so maybe I should try it if it's not too expensive.

Have you seen the juggs of Dead Guy Ale? They're awesome :D

Where are you from by the way?
I'm from Mexico, you may see sometimes on tv or wherever that we're experts in beer but the only thing they sell there is either XX, Corona, Tecate and Carta Blanca.
All shitty by the way, except XX.
For the good darks beers you have to look real hard.

Edit: Oh and I'm from Mexico but I live in the U.S. xD

No, I haven't seen one of those. Usually we only get ordinary 0,355l and 0,75l bottles here, none of that special stuff. But that does look awesome.

I'm from Finland. Even though people drink quite a lot of beer here, for most people it's just an inexpensive way to get drunk. Corona is pretty popular here, and tbh it's not _that_ bad, especially on a hot summer day. Sure, it doesn't really have any flavor but it's still more refreshing than most mass-produced pale lagers.

If you're ever in Japan, Asahi Super Dry is a great, light lager with a lot of crispness. Don't get it outside of Japan, though. Canada brews the stuff that's on shelves in the US, and it just doesn't taste nearly as good.

In the states I tend to favor various Pale Ales. Sierra Nevada never fails me, but I also dig Modus Hoperandi.

I'm a big fan of Belgian beer. If you ever find a store where they sell Belgian beers, you just owe it to yourself to try out Tripel Karmeliet. Other favourites include Chimay (especially Grand Reserve, with the blue prints), La Chouffe, St. Bernardus Abt and most Weizenbeers (although they are mostly German).

I drink lagers mostly, though. They're easier to come by and a lot cheaper. It's funny to see a lot of Americans value Heineken so highly when it's generally regarded as 'meh' in the Netherlands. I prefer Jupiler, Hertog Jan and even Bavaria way more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)