Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Ball should work well since you should never be in a battle with them for very long and Dusk Ball gets the same 4x capture rate if it's at night. Fast Balls get a 3x capture rate since Entei and Raikou run away.
Dusk balls actually only net you a 3.5x boost according to this person: http://dragonflycave.com/capture.aspx
Fast Balls also operate based on your target's base speed, not whether or not they flee. Either way, for the first five turns, use Quick Balls, after which switch to Dusk Balls, and if you're really unfortunate, switch to Timer Balls after thirty turns.

tha magic flower you get in florasomething city in DPP, after getting shaymin you talk to the blound girl in the city and she will give you the flower, use to make shaymin transform.

Okay, so, I'm breeding Eevee to get a Timid Jolteon with Hidden Power ICE.
I've been breeding for a while now, and have filled 2 boxes full of Eevees.
Finally, I got one that had Hidden Power ICE, however....it's nature is Hasty, not Timid.
So close! Should I deal with it? Or should I keep trying.
Timid and Hasty are pretty much the same thing kind of almost, so would it badly effect me?

Well do you know the "strength" of HP ice? (like 68 or 70?) Usually jolteon cant have to many hits anyway so if it is hp ice 70....i might want to make it!

EV training with lucky egg and pokerus

I was under the impression lucky egg doubled EVs as well as x1.5 exp. I look online and it says only exp.. have I been using lucky egg for no reason all this time? If it does affect evs, would that mean a poke that gives 2 evs would give 8 with pokrus and lucky egg or would it be 6 evs? I tried to ue the smogon search bar but it seems to be broken, hasnt worked for a few days.

I also cant change my signature on here, but that isnt very important.

RSVP. playing HG and got a HP fire lonely giratina so I need to know that I am doing the right IVs.

Thanks for your consideration.

K

I was under the impression lucky egg doubled EVs as well as x1.5 exp. I look online and it says only exp.. have I been using lucky egg for no reason all this time? If it does affect evs, would that mean a poke that gives 2 evs would give 8 with pokrus and lucky egg or would it be 6 evs? I tried to ue the smogon search bar but it seems to be broken, hasnt worked for a few days.

I also cant change my signature on here, but that isnt very important.

RSVP. playing HG and got a HP fire lonely giratina so I need to know that I am doing the right IVs.

Thanks for your consideration.

K
Lucky Egg only affects experience. For EVs, you need a Macho Brace or one of the Power hold items. A pokemon that gives 2 EVs while your pokemon has both the appropriate Power item and pokerus would give 12, if I'm not mistaken. (That's (2 + 4) x 2). Fine way to up EVs!

I've got a question of my own: how much damage would a Flamethrower from Dragonite do to a Skarmory? Would there be another move that would work better? (Without sacrificing accuracy, that is).

I'm currently trying to catch my Entei and Raikou...will beating Red respawn them? Or just the Elite 4?

EDIT: Tried it myself. Beating Red doesn't respawn them.

What Nature would you choose for a Mareep?
Uhm, I don't know but how does Modest sound (raises sp. atk and lowers atk)?

thanks

Lucky Egg only affects experience. For EVs, you need a Macho Brace or one of the Power hold items. A pokemon that gives 2 EVs while your pokemon has both the appropriate Power item and pokerus would give 12, if I'm not mistaken. (That's (2 + 4) x 2). Fine way to up EVs!

I've got a question of my own: how much damage would a Flamethrower from Dragonite do to a Skarmory? Would there be another move that would work better? (Without sacrificing accuracy, that is).

that is very good to know, I couldve ev'd all wrong! I dont know why i thought lucky egg did both.. On the dragonite thing, I reckon flamethrower would robably be the best option out of fire moves other than fire blast which loses the accuracy you want to keep... I wouldn't rely on just my answer though...

Flamethrower is the way to go. If you want to know how much damage it does then try Smogon's damage calculator.

Well do you know the "strength" of HP ice? (like 68 or 70?) Usually jolteon cant have to many hits anyway so if it is hp ice 70....i might want to make it!
How are its IVs? If they're as good as you want and the strength is good, I'd suck it up and keep it. Hasty is +Spe, -Def. Jolteon's Def sucks anyway.

So I have my extremespeed Dragonite, and I really like dragon dance, as well. However, after doing a little searching online, it looks like people recommend not having ES and DD on the same moveset. Why is this? Is there acceptable synergy between ES and DD, similar to SD+ES Lucario?

Also, I am hoping to get Latios for my Battle Frontier team, but I've heard that natures and IVs are constant for roaming pokemon. Is this true for Latios?

Many thanks for a reply.

with the speed boost a priority move is almost useless, also +2 lucario got more atack then +1 nite and that is not saying enough, steel types wall both dragon and normal moves but lucario get fighting STAB for those steels, nite cant afford to run superpower in a DD set, they are other problems too but if i were you i would run extremespeed only in a CB or anti-lead set.

The best reason I find for E Speed + dragon dance is to counter mamo's and weavile's ice shards, though it will need some boosts to OHKO, a max atk +Nature +1 LO E Speed has ~54% chance to OHKO vile(standard revenge killer) without stealth rock, OHKO's with it, a standard mamo (0HP/4Def) barely survives a +2 without stealth rock, ~74% to die if there is, a +3 will always OHKO.

with the speed boost a priority move is almost useless, also +2 lucario got more atack then +1 nite and that is not saying enough, steel types wall both dragon and normal moves but lucario get fighting STAB for those steels, nite cant afford to run superpower in a DD set, they are other problems too but if i were you i would run extremespeed only in a CB or anti-lead set.
This is why I was asking about Flamethrower. I got an Extremespeed Dragonite, but when I considered his current moveset which consists of that, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, and Dragon Dance, I realized he would probably always lose to a steel type that isn't weak against ground, and the three that readily stood out in my mind: Skarmory, Scizor, and Forretress. All of them, however, are weak to fire, of course, and two of them actually have a double-weakness to fire. I had considered Fire Punch, which would probably be a bit more powerful in the hands of Dragonite (moreso after a few DD's), but then most of the pokemon who would wind up on the wrong end of whatever fire move I choose also have higher defense, so I wound up second-guessing that one. So I'm gonna have to do my homework on this one. Thanks again, Binary.

in a DD set fire punch is always better then fire blast/flame, at least on nite, the reason is because he want to differ himself to mence who need less investiment in special atack to ohko skarmory, a adamant life orb +0 nite fire punch 2hko skarmory and you need a significant amount of special atack evs and a neutral nature(fuck up nite bulkness) to ohko skarmory with fire blast, if you want to use a worst mence then use fire blast, if you want to keep nite bulkness and differ him from mence then use fire punch, its reliable either way. (with flame you need even more investiment in special atack what is not really worth)

Action Replay DSi misbehaving

So, I just recently purchased an Action Replay DSi for use with Heart Gold. The problem is that it either won't load the game with the codes (it reboots after starting up with the codes and the codes aren't loaded after the reboot of the game) or if it does, as soon as I active the code it freezes my game.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I only have a DS Light but it says that this AR should work with all current forms of the DS. Unfortunately none of the game stores in my area carry the old AR that actually worked just fine on D/P

Should Zen Headbutt be used on leadGross?
ask yourself:what are you going to hit with that? the common leads today are azelf, aero, metagross, sometimes infernape and maybe roserade, azelf and aero eat meteor mash, gross and nape eat EQ and roserade is ohkoed by meteor mash(2hko because of sash but whatever), you have no reason to run zen headbutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)