first RMT. Heavy Offensive

Ok. this is my first rate my team and its a heavy offensive. this means its just for sweepers with no switching unless using U-turn. just kill, die, kill, die etc.

so this is my team

Lead:

Adamant @ Life Orb
252 atk/252 spe/4 Def
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Swords Dance
Super Power

before people starting complaining about stealth rock, it's in my next poke. this scizor is not designed for early game play. the only reason i use him as early game is for heatran, Azelf, aerodactyl, mamswine and anything else i can hit for super effective with these moves. this is HO so no choice items because i might need to switch. so i come in. attack with what ever is good and U-Turn to my next pokemon to place rocks. this guy will come in handy later as a late game sweeper.

Proper Lead:

Jolly @Light Clay
252 spe/252 Hp/252 def
taunt
stealth rock
reflect
light screen

as seen on every HO team, azelf. come in on the next pokemon, and set up screens. stealth rock has higher priority then screens. i carry taunt in case i decide to make this guy lead or my scizor dosen't finish the poke before. so taunt, SR , screens, and i can die. simple.

Special Sweeper:Note this is now Gyardos running dragon dance set.

timid/modest @ Expert belt
252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Surf
T. Bolt
Ice beam
Grass Knot/Recover

My dear starmie. the random starfish that has great speed. This is the guy who kicks the team off, luring out blissey who might toxic, but the magic is i don't care. I might even switch against everyone who says that i must stay in. Bliss comes in toxic, i switch to a physical and already the speacial defense wall is gone. i come back into starmie who is now cured because of his ability and can now recover damage.
Surf is my standard STAB .
T. Bolt goes together with Ice Beam for BoltBeam combo.
And grass knot lets me take care of swampert and other bulky waters, but recover lets me re-heal if i need to. i prefer recoer but i'm not sure
anyway, this guy kicks off the synergy in this team.

Mix Sweeper, specially based:

Timid @ Life Orb
180 SpA/100 Atk/230 Spe
T.Bolt
Heat Wave
Drill peck
Light Screen/HP Ice

feel free to change this guy as much as possible. i have no idea what to do with him. The main reason for Zappy here is to absorb all of starmies attackers. scizor with pursuit will do little to this guy with reflect up. i can then heat wave. but since this is HO i won't be switching much, so this guy is more of a sweep sponge than sweeper. nonetheless he has great sweeping potential. Light screen is for Mix Ape. HP Ice won't do as much now from the ape and drill peck is to make him go 'wha???'

Mix Sweeper Physically Based:
[/FONT]

Adamant@ Life Orb
252 Atk/252 spe/4 HP
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch
Standard wall breaker lucario. after one SD CC OHKOes Bronzong. nothing much to explainClose combat for STAB and great power after one SD. Enough to ko bronzing[/FONT]
Shadow ball to catch them off guard. I know i can also use crunch or shadow claw but this lures set lures out physical walls. Also if i use shadow ball at the start, they will think i’m special, bring in blissey and BOOM![/FONT]
]Final sweeper, physical

[/FONT]
]Adamant @ Life Orb
252Atk/252 spe
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Roost
]My final sweeper. (Well Scizor is last actually but...). I come in with this dragon towards the end and sweep. After one dragon dance this thing is the best sweeper in OU. The EV’s are simple and so are the moves. Dragon Dance to boost stats whilst i scare away a pokemon. Dragon claw for STAB. I like dragon claw over Outrage despite the lower power. When i switch in i lose a quarter of HP thanks to SR then life orb and confusion take in lower. So dragon claw. EQ to hit Skarm once it roosts and roost to regain HP. [/FONT]
So thats about it for my team. Please comment and rate. I accept all criticism as long as it makes sense. Thanks for reading!

lastly i would like to apologize for any mistakes like spelling or in the pictures since i know there would be some
thank you...

I'm not really of a OU rater but there is something that I want to point out:
Since you don't really want to switch with your Pokémon (unless you're using U-Turn on Scizor) you can be slaughterd really hard by someone who can predict well. That means that you have to switch in or you have to invest with your EV's in HP/Get a move that heals your Pokémon. Otherwise you'll be damned if you face a good predicter. UNLESS, you a move-set who can OHKO/2HKO most type Pokémons.

Hope it helps ;)

I'm not the best team rater, but I'll do the best i can.

The lucario set you have here is a total waste of time. Not only will it not do a lot of damage on either side of the attacking spectrum, but even if it is supposed to surprise the opponent, it isn't worth the loss of power. The Nature doesn't even compliment the physical side of the set, and does pathetic damage without a swords dance. A Crunch with full attack ev's and adamant does more damage than shadow ball. You're better off with the regular swords dance set. The surprise value isn't worth with the power of the regular set.

Lucario won't be able to OHKO most physical walls after a swords dance with that set. The regular set can, and will be able to finish off weaker special walls after.

Hope I helped.

ok. i'll change the lucario set back to the standard set.
note:sorry for all the messed up fonts etc. i don't know what happened

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
That Scizor is an awful lead. It will pretty much only beat Aerodactyl, losing to most Azelf, and all Metagross, Swampert, Jirachi, Heatran, Infernape, Roserade and Smeargle. Put Azelf in the lead position as it is, except that you have too many EVs (4 def not 252)

Generally, a Heavy offense team should be based around what is sometimes called "offensive synergy," where pokemon wear down each others counters. This is usually best done by using entirely physically-based or specially-based attackers, since they share the same counters.

This means that Starmie and Zapdos should be the first pokemon you are looking to replace. I would suggest replacing one of them with a DD Gyarados, since he has excellent synergy with some of your other attackers. I would keep Starmie and remove Zapdos myself.

Lucario needs a LO, an adamant nature and 252atk 252spe and a LO to get the KOs it needs.

Good luck

Adding to the previous post. If you want to play heavy offense I would suggest going with either full physical or special attackers. Most ho teams try to have a specific core of poke all countered by about 2 specific mons. By using set up moves and just high powered attacks they're usually able to set a win condition pretty easily by koing those "counters". Your team doesn't seem to do that, so your matches will end up being you sending something out, sacking it, sending something else out, etc without your team actually benefiting from the mons you sacrificed. I hope that didn't sound too confusing. gl

ok thanks guys. i'll change around. i don't want to lose zapdos since it's one of the few that stop infernape. i'll change starmie to DDdose

If you're planning to use Scizor as a lead, you might want to realize that Infernapes tear through him. Yes, you can counter him with Zapdos, but that means switching. You might want to switch Azelf to full time lead.

ok. but what happens if i come across another azelf who's faster and taunts. i lose everything
you could try an Aerodactyl which is practically the same thing, minus explosion and it can outspeed all leads except for Fake out anti leads.

can it learn the dual screens. the screen are important as otherwise pokes can just go through my sweepers

Using your Azelf works fine as the lead spot. You just need to include a member in your team that can beat other Azelf leads such as DD Tyranitar. You should always have a way to beat every common lead that can cause trouble, as there is no such thing as having the perfect lead.

I'm somewhat new to OU, considering I normally play UU, but I'm thinking that you should replace one of Azelf's moves with Explosion so that way they can't stall out your screens, and has a chance to kill their poke too

everything here is sorta a revenge killer. since i can't switch out (say i sedn out t-tar and they send in mixape) i won't switch out. so inaway they are all revenge killers. thanks though. also no choice items.
@MC2094. Should i use DD t-tar over gyarados. also anyother changes you might want to make, i'll be making the real thing soon.

I really like the "no switching out" idea of this team, and it in fact inspired me to conceptualize a team that only switches with U-turn, utilizing the move on all Pokemon (Lead Azelf, Wish Jirachi, CB Infernape, Wallbreaker Gliscor, Choice Scarf Flygon and Life Orb Scizor). The idea seems like it could work pretty well, perhaps even for a heavy offense styled team, as the Pokemon all have pretty decent attack and are relatively fast.

You are welcome to utilize this idea or a variant of it for this if you like. I'd love to see how it does in case I don't get to test it out myself.

However, if you don't feel like making too much of a change, I actually think that DDtar could work out quite nicely, and Sand Stream shouldn't be too much of a problem either, since the only Pokemon that it affects on your team have decent amount of bulk, at least from what I can see.

ok i can quickly create a team now, bu it can't include DDT-Tar because it's for wednesday (monday now) i can create a team but it can't include egg moves since it will take too long to breed (i already have this team started and will quickly train). also a special attcaker or at least a mixed sweeper specially based since other wise this team will have too many attacking pokes. so i was thinking porygon-z. i like an agility set. what do you think? agility-z???

Adamant @ Life Orb
252 atk/252 spe/4 Def
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Swords Dance
Super Power

before people starting complaining about stealth rock, it's in my next poke. this scizor is not designed for early game play. the only reason i use him as early game is for heatran, Azelf, aerodactyl, mamswine and anything else i can hit for super effective with these moves. this is HO so no choice items because i might need to switch. so i come in. attack with what ever is good and U-Turn to my next pokemon to place rocks. this guy will come in handy later as a late game sweeper.
First off scizor is an awful lead, the only thing it accomplishes is breaking a sash of an opposing lead through u-turn. The only lead that it has any chance against is aero and it even sucks at that. Switch azelf to the lead with the same set but change the Evs to 252atk/252Spe with a focus sash with a set of Reflect/Lightscreen/explosion/taunt

Also one final thing is your starmie being changed to DDGyara? becuse if it is your whole team bar zapdos is walled by skarmory i would keep it as starmie as you lack special attacking pokes. also i notice you are very T-tat weak as a set of StoneEdge/ice beam/fire blast/Pursiut would completely rip through your whole team.

Good Luck With the team

isaaac. ok azelf is my lead. i'll change it when i get time. i'm short of it now. do you think i should put a porygon-z on. this is by skarmcounter. can you please also suggest a moveset
i was thinking. agility, tri attack, blotbeam. or flame thrower, HP Fight??
wat do you think?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You don't need Porygon Z and their is not much space for it on your team anyway. Just run Taunt/Dragon Dance/Bounce/Waterfall and use the Bulkydos EV's on Gyarados and that solves your Skamory issues as it cannot set up spikes or phaze you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)