Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Timid Togekiss,
The Smogon Nasty Plot says that the ev spread is:

252 HP/152 Sp.Atk/104 Spe @ Modest

This is so, that you can outspeed Adamant Max Tyranitar

I have Timid, so will this set work?

252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Spe

More power, same bulk, still outspeeds Tyranitar

No Guard only affects moves that are used by Machamp or on Machamp. It doesn't do anything to modify the accuracy of moves used by its allies. The only way to get No Guard Sheer Cold to work is by either Skill Swapping No Guard to something with Sheer Cold or having Machamp use Mimic.
No Guard doesnt work with OHKO moves, so even if you hack a Machamp with Sheer Cold, it wont work, it has been proven
No Guard cannot be Skill Swapped anyway, I think

Same thing with Wonderguard, so there is no such thing as Wondertomb, just some things noobs make up

I have a Timid Togekiss,
The Smogon Nasty Plot says that the ev spread is:

252 HP/152 Sp.Atk/104 Spe @ Modest

This is so, that you can outspeed Adamant Max Tyranitar

I have Timid, so will this set work?

252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Spe

More power, same bulk, still outspeeds Tyranitar
The Smogon set gets 374 HP, 222 Speed, 345 Special Attack. Your set gets 374 HP, 216 Speed, and 339 Special Attack. So your Togekiss is clearly worse

I'm getting tired of my Heartgold game and want to restart another one. If I restart my game, will the pokéwalker courses be erased too?

I mean will I lose my Volcano Path and Warm Beach?

I need a fast mixed sweeper thats not infernape or a dragon or steel type and preferably OU, lol i cant think of any pokemon that fit that criteria, hopefully someone else can

Azelf? People normally use it as a lead. I'm not quite sure why people DON'T use it as a mixed sweeper, it's got the stats for it, but maybe not the movepool or typing.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
No Guard doesnt work with OHKO moves, so even if you hack a Machamp with Sheer Cold, it wont work, it has been proven
No Guard cannot be Skill Swapped anyway, I think

Same thing with Wonderguard, so there is no such thing as Wondertomb, just some things noobs make up
Lol no. No Guard Ninjask with Sheer Cold works fine, so why wouldn't No Guard Machamp with an OHKO move work?
Additionally, No Guard can be swapped.

Wondertomb is when you Pokesav Wonder Guard onto Spiritomb, as you cannot Skill Swap Wonder Guard.

Will Smogon update its section on Raichu and Pikachu to add in the new surfing ones? The info currently states that all Raichu's with surf are Hardy natured, but that is no longer so with the Yellow Forest Pokéwalker course. Or are they still all Hardy nature (even though I'm sure they aren't)?

that depend if there is a person who wish to update both, users like us are the ones doing those analysis so has long someone decide to make a update then there will have one.

If I have a lead Pokemon and five Pokemon with Exp. Shares, will all six get an EV per battle (from a Pokemon that gives off one EV)? I'm pretty sure that a lead Pokemon and one Pokemon with an Exp. Share will each get an EV; I just want to confirm whether or not that applies to larger numbers of Exp. Shares.

Lol no. No Guard Ninjask with Sheer Cold works fine, so why wouldn't No Guard Machamp with an OHKO move work?
Additionally, No Guard can be swapped.

Wondertomb is when you Pokesav Wonder Guard onto Spiritomb, as you cannot Skill Swap Wonder Guard.
Try it, it probably can be skill swapped, but I know that No Guard doesnt affect OHKO moves in anyway, try it

Is Pain Split a viable option for a Physically Defensive Forretress? It is Forretress' only source of healing aside from Leftovers, so is it worth using it in the place of EQ/Explosion?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
A quick question regarding Gardevoir's analysis: For both the Support and Status sets, the EV spread listed includes 32 Speed EVs. No where in the article does it state what purpose these EVs specifically have, can anyone tell me why they are included? Thanks in advance!

Try it, it probably can be skill swapped, but I know that No Guard doesnt affect OHKO moves in anyway, try it
tried and worked, saw on youtube, already faced people using hacked sheer cold machamps, no guard affect ALL moves the user....use.

Is a Lucario w/ Modest nature and an IV spread of x/31/x/31/x/31 still usable competivly?

Obviously a Naive nature is ideal, but this is the one I'm stuck with out of pure chance.

With speed max'd and 218 EVs in Attack (the rest in sp. attack) his stats would be this:
Attack - 279
Sp. Attack - 303
Speed - 279

Is that still good enough to cause a lot of damage? I'm aiming to make a mixed sweeper.

Or perhaps I should take some of the Attack EVs away and put them into Sp. Attack and pack a Swords Dance to boost my physical attacks.

its a wish protect surf hp electric vaporeon

electivire , physical sweeper with expert belt

dusknoir , bulky physical sweeper mainly shadow sneak, or elemental punches. cb

mamosine , physical sweeper. mainly ice shard / EQ with cb

the lead heatran

and breloom, spore SD and then mach punch or stone edge
thats my team right now, except I dont have heatran. I've been using hp fire magnezone. right now a huge threat to me is swampert. can any help fix my team. the bold are the ones i must still keep.

ALSO: I think I need another wall or something to set up spikes/SR or whatever. Possibly donphan, with leftovers ice shard sr EQ and rapid spin.

I don't know if this is really a simple question but I could really use some help with this.

My mom has really wanted to play Pokemon with us like she used to do on Pokemon Stadium 1&2 when we were younger. However, PBR is terrible, not compatible with HG/SS and I don't even think it lets you emulate the game on the tv for Plat/Diamond/Pearl. She would want to be able to train and play with her pkmn but she can't see well enough to play (specifically read the text) in the game on the DS' screen.

Is there anyway to play HG/SS on a television? Or are there other pokemon games that let you get a decent pokemon experience (Gamecube or otherwise) that you can play on a large screen? That would still allow you to do multiplayer with the handheld versions of the game?

Any help would be appreciated. All google has pointed me to were two versions of screen projector projects and the one that displays both screens was shut down.

Does the 10% Flinch Chance of the King's Rock 'stack' with the chance of flinch from moves and/or is it "doubled" by the ability Serene Grace? "The Official Kanto Guide and National Pokédex" implies that it does.

Effort points.
Each pokemon gets the EPs that the pokemon you're fighting would normally give, pokerus still doubles the EPs gained, but only on the pokemon that actually have it. It's the same deal as if you'd switched each one into battle before finishing it, if your pokemon gets experience, it gets effort points.
Are RNG'd Pokemon allowed in the VGCs?
Yes, pokemon generated by abusing the random number generator are in no way illegitimate, except possibly ethically.
DS to TV.
I looked into this myself a while back, but I found absolutely nothing. The best you could really do is use Pokemon: Box for the game cube which is only compatible with ruby and sapphire. You can, however, play the games on the large screen.
Also, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are both compatible with Pokemon Battle Revolution, though you're correct in that it does not allow you to play the handheld games on your TV.
King's Rock.
The King's Rock item only applies to moves with no other side effect, such as Earthquake or Tackle. As to whether or not the benefit is doubled with Serene Grace, I've no idea, though most have more reliable options to abuse flinch anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)