Just alittle love and some harmony

This is the first team I have gotten to work that is not a stall team, which I am very supprised. I have tried so many teams but have never gotten any to work. I have played around 20 games and have not lost gussing mainly to some luck and the other skill. I am deffinatly not new to pokemon but am still learning. With the metagame changing all the time I tried the new threats and they work great. If anyone can see something I am missing t this team I would be appreciative.

The first look at the team

Azelf
Levitate @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid​

-Flame Thrower​

or all the steel and grass who are very few that come in. Flame thrower just demolishes them with his great stats.​

-Grass Knot​

Swampert swampert swampert. What more can I say I hate swampert. But grass knot helps out with hippwodon two.​

-Psychic​

Namely for stab but does great againt salamence and machamps.​

-Trick​

Trick is here for the other leads who trick thinking I dont have a scarf. If saved for late game that just means I have another trick user for late game for the poke that stat up or another revenge killer
All right guys I know a wierd lead but azlef has been there for me as I needed him to be. Most of the time I just attack which has mostly been a ohko to two. He has always been able to come in later to use trick or another attack. Machamp is the only lead that has killed him but that comes at a price to him dieing the next turn, and if hes fainted im happy. Other than that this guys out speeds everything ive needed it to.

Gengar

Levitate @ Life Orb
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid​

-Shadow Ball​

Basically stab that does a ton of damage.​

-Thunder Bolt​

Thunder bolt is a back up to azelfs grass knot for water type pokemon.​

-Hidden Power Ice​

Dragons accross the board in genral can be a pain so I opted for ice to normally get a ohko​

-Focus Blast​

Focus blast is for a back up ttar killer and blissey/ snorlax.​

Gengar is easily my weak link to my team and willing to switch him out but only for good reason. He does help with gyarados witch tyranitar does to same with rotom forms. But hp ice helps with gliscor and dragons who can be a newsince. Focus blast for a back up incase ttar is down and I need another fight move to take care of blissey and snorlax.​

Gliscor
Sand Viel @ Leftovers
252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe
Jolly​

-Taunt​

Taunt is a beautifull thing when it comes down to it. Dragon dance nope, calm mind nope, toxic nope. It just says no.​

-Toxic​

Toxic for when I switch in and I know they are gonna switch or just need something out of the way.​

-Earthquake​

Earthquake is for coverage which completes this set with an attack move​

-Roost​

Roost of course helps heal off the damage done from switching in to stealth rocks and the hits this guy can take​

Gliscor helps against my favorite style of play which is stall. Even when faced against a team that is not stall he can hurt a team pretty well. Using toxic on anyhing that comes in on him always hurts aswell as taunt. Being able to stop the likes of lucario and magnezone bar hpice helps out alot too. In the back of my mind im alays thankful for sand veil because it has saved me a few time when I thought that it was gg.​

Tyranitar
Sand Stream @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly​

-Crunch​

Crunch is his main stab move thats gonna hurt mostly abything that stays in or switches for good damage.​

-Stone Edge
Stone edge for coverage even though I rarely use it because of the accuracy​

-Superpower​

Super power is mainly for coverage and the special walls likeblissey who in the past have proven to be a pain as well as other ttar​

-Pursuit​

Pursuit is mainly if I know somthing will not stay in for the added damage plus stab​

Everyone should know about him by now but if not he is the best latias counter to date as well as most if not all special walls. I fell in love with ttar on my stall team which I had him with all special attacks, but using him wit a scarf if amazing. Crunch and pursuit are for all those ghost psychic types with super power over earth quake because of blissy and snorlax as well as heatran and other ttars. Stonedge is iffy to me but if neded i will use it on gyarados and salamence.

Machamp

No Gaurd @ Lum Berry
240 HP/240 Atk/16 SpD/12 Spe
Adamant​

-Dynamic Punch​

This move is for anything that does not resist it. Plus it always helps to have my opponent confused with a stab attack​

-Payback​

Pay back is for all the ghost ypes hanging around actually not so often any more but if they are gombye​

-Bullet Punch​

Bullet punch is to finish of anything the his other moves could not. It also helps t have priority on smothing slow like machamp​

-Stone Edge​

Lastly stonedge for gyarados and other flying pokemon that switch in on the wrong time​

After seeing how this guys wrecks teams as a lead I just had to try him out but I didnt want him leading off. I was thiking that if he could cause that much trouble at the beggining of the game how well would he do mid to late game. I have to say wonderfully. Most things are a two hit ko for this guy thanks to bullet punch. With bullet punchin his arsonal he aslo helps revenge kill some opponents that would not expect it from machamp.​

Jirachi
Serene Grace @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly​

-Iron Head​

Iron head is for stab and te flinch rate that has saved me so many times when needed.​

-Fire Punch​

Fire punch is for steels like scizor who just need to be taken out quick.​

-Zen Head Butt​

This move is namely for lead machamp so he doesnt wreck havock on my team​

-Trick​

Trick is to stop any stat uppers who think that they are all clear to set up on me

My main revenge killer. After everything is weakend this little devil can normally take out whats left. She also helps out against things like blissey, hippwodon, cro cune ect. with trick. Jirachi is the definition of a revenge killer. With serene grace and moves that have chances to flinch or burn it just makes it hard to find anything better.

Well everything must come to an end. Hopefully you guys can help me come up with a better solution over gengar if not it still hasnt lost yet so rate hate steal hopefully enjoy

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would suggest a small set change on Azelf. I would recommend Fire Blast/Explosion/Trick/U-turn, with a Naive nature, and possibly some attack investment in place of special attack. U-turn is great for switching out of losing matchups, such as Tyranitar, Heatran Metagross and Infernape, whilst doing good damage in some cases and breaking sashes. It also helps to scout switches later in the match. Explosion will help in revenge-killing pretty much any opponent without a priority move. Though you miss out on a super-effective move against Machamp, the end result of exploding on it it similar. In the case of Swampert and Aerodactyl, they are pretty much crippled by trick, allowing you to U-turn out, giving a highly advantageous switch. Againsrt Hippowdon I would recommend an immediate U-turn, since they always lose and will switch out (unless its one of those fantastic CB leads, in which case you lose, and U-turn is still a good move.)

I would suggest putting substitute, leftovers and Hp fire on Gengar (over Tbolt and HP Ice) to provide a means of escaping from/killing pursuit users like Tyranitar and Scizor, whilst easing switches and protecting from status.

Gliscor should run SR since your team currently lacks it. It could go over either toxic or taunt depending on your preferences.

Scarf Jirachi should always run max speed, to at least tie with +1 DDmence and +1 Jirachi, as well as others after having tricked your scarf. The standard according to the analysis is being changed by the way.

There is no point running Bullet punch on a non-lead machamp, as it is far too weak to be of significance, bar finishing off sashed opponents. You should run a substitute set, as this protects you from status, particularly from Rotoms, and will let you use Payback to hit those immune to dynamicpunch. The number of switches caused by confusion obtains Machamp lots of free substitutes. I would suggest Stone Edge if doing this, to smack Gyarados and salamence from behind a sub. Since you dont need to protect yourself from Azelf's Psychic, I would suggest a simple max attack, a little speed, rest in Hp spread. Lefties is recommended given the health lost in making subs.

Given that your team could have some big problems with DDgyarados, you should use Thunderpunch (or thunderbolt if you prefer) on Jirachi over Zen Headbutt. Zen headbutt will not OHKO Machamp, who can be dealt with suicidally by Azelf besides.

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)