Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I wonder if Claw Sharpen sticks to the same maximum of two boosts (+1, +1 / +2) formula or if it doubles attack. I guess I'm just hoping it's the latter so I can use Claw Sharpen + Extremespeed Dragonite, haha.

Awesome, I love the gecko/snake with legs. I'll definitely be picking him.

To me Tsutaja looks a lot like a day gecko. So I'm not sure if he actually is the grass snake pokémon seeing as quite obviously he's got legs. Not sure of how likely a mistranslation is, though. But snakewise he also isn't unlike a rough green snake.

Note how Tsutaja's colours match the day gecko completely, even down to having red on his back and the face looks the same. So yeah I propose that Tsutaja isn't a snake; it's a day gecko.

Meanwhile the Japanese grass snake or yamakagashi looks nothing like, as you can see.

I hope they finally made a fossil pokemon that is actually amongst the carnivores.

Rampardos was a pachycephalosaurus, which is a herbivore.

Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy.

This is awesome. Now things like Stone Edge will miss less

aero dude, aero eat your head off and even tried to eat ash in a episode, but was eaten by charizard instead.
IMO, Aero doesn't count. It's a Pterodactyl w/ teeth. Something else shold fill in the dino carnivore role for once. It can be a raptor, t-rex, something, but not a pterodactyl.

These pokemon don't shock me

Fire Starter(Um GrumPig part 2)
water starter(I think piplup and bidoof had a baby)
grass starter(um I think this is another breed of treeko)

Pokemon is running out of ideas.

These are the worse starters ever! Even Worse then soulsilvers starters.

let just hope

Grumpig 2.0 has high special attack and defense
treeko jr is actually fast and not as slow as slowig
and bidoof and piplup love child is actually cool like suicune

I can't wait to look at all of their evos.

If Tsutaja's final evo does end up becoming grass/elec. It could be pretty good. It loses 2 weaknesses. It loses Flying, Ground, and only has to worry about bug, poison, fire and ice.

IMO, Aero doesn't count. It's a Pterodactyl w/ teeth. Something else shold fill in the dino carnivore role for once. It can be a raptor, t-rex, something, but not a pterodactyl.
how the fuck he doesnt count? he fits 100% the role of a carnivore fossil pokemon.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I can't wait to look at all of their evos.

If Tsutaja's final evo does end up becoming grass/elec. It could be pretty good. It loses 2 weaknesses. It loses Flying, Ground, and only has to worry about bug, poison, fire and ice.
Weak to Fire (Fire Blast), Ice (Ice Beam), Bug (U-Turn), Poison (lol).
Resists Water (Surf/Hydro Pump), 4x Electric (Thunderbolt/Discharge), Steel (Bullet Punch), Grass (Energy Ball/Grass Knot).

Meh. Seems good. It'd need a good Ice move besides Hidden Power, to hit motherfucking Dragons and Grass-types otherwise they'd lol at its STAB.

Didn't I just say IMO. Calm the hell down. this is pokemon, we're not having some damn debate about some world issue.
it look like that i cant say fuck that people think i am mad, i was asking why you think he dont fits. you are the one that look kinda nervous.

it look like that i cant say fuck that people think i am mad, i was asking why you think he dont fits. you are the one that look kinda nervous.
I have given you my reason he doesn't fit before then. It's a Pterodactyl with teeth. Pterodactyls aren't even dinosaurs. They're a winged lizard or something.

what are talking about? nervous? I don't even know how you could get to that conclusion...

I have given you my reason he doesn't fit before then. It's a Pterodactyl with teeth. Pterodactyls aren't even dinosaurs. They're a winged lizard or something.

what are talking about? nervous? I don't even know how you could get to that conclusion...
he is still from the past, VERY fucking old and the teeth is not that weird.

you said calm the hell down and that this is not a real world issue, much like someone mad would say in a situation like this, if you are not mad then ok, internet is not good for checking how the other person is doing anyway.

That grass type starter's a straight up pimp. Look at its slight grin. Pure confidence. I dig the shoulders.

The water type looks like a pussified Zangoose. Kinda cute though, I don't understand why people are saying it's ugly.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, the fire pig is adorable. I might honestly end up loving it more than Charmander.

Overall, beats the shit out of gen 2 and gets gen 3 by a hair imo.

Also, is it confirmed that the secondary types of fighting, dark, and psychic are fake? I could see it because it's like fire, water, and grass all over again, just reversed. I'd be pissed if I used like flamethrower on the grass one and got outsped and CC'd though.
No, I think someone translated it and it's confirmed. A secondary type triangle with the advantages given in reverse order...wow, I guess we can say goodbye to the whole Rock-Paper-Scissors thing the starters had going from Generation 1. Now every starter will be able to hit each of its counterparts super-effectively This is the end of an era here, people.

Looking back though, the evidence is all there. The secondary types for the Gen 4 starters (once fully evolved) didn't exactly make a triangle, but they did make them more even. Infernape could hit Empoleon with SE STAB Fighting moves (and neutral STAB Fire moves), Empoleon was hit neutral by Grass, Torterra could hit Infernape with SE STAB Earthquake.

OK, enough pointless ramblings from McLuvdisc. Now for the actual starters. The Fire pig is cute (a little too cute IMO, how can you give the Dark type to something with those eyes?) and the Water one is starting to grow on me, but my favorite is the Grass one, hands down. I love his smug smile and that awesome tail! Those shoulders almost make him look like he's wearing a Fusion Vest, which I guess is fitting since he's a fighting type...any Dragon Ball Z fans in the house?

And the new moves...wow. Just wow. Claw Sharpen. Because Tyranitar wasn't beastly enough already.

To be honest, when I saw the water starter, I actually questioned whether the makers were pissed.

However, on reflection, the saving grace is that the main characters have skipped the prepubescent stage entirely. It will only be a matter of time before we get hentai revolving around them.
We have hentai of the old ones.

he is still from the past, VERY fucking old and the teeth is not that weird.

you said calm the hell down and that this is not a real world issue, much like someone mad would say in a situation like this, if you are not mad then ok, internet is not good for checking how the other person is doing anyway.
let's agree not to say anything to each other then and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)